Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
Questionnaire Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shadowabyss1301

Fateful Traveler

14,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:23 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
is a fire/leaf/water gem the same as a stone?

Gem's are a one time item in the pokemon game, lets say you had a fire gem, if your pokemon used a Fire move, that gem would activate and boost said move damage by so much then vanish o3o Idk how they work in this guild if they stay or not but Stones and gems work vastly different ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:12 pm
shadowabyss1301
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
is a fire/leaf/water gem the same as a stone?

Gem's are a one time item in the pokemon game, lets say you had a fire gem, if your pokemon used a Fire move, that gem would activate and boost said move damage by so much then vanish o3o Idk how they work in this guild if they stay or not but Stones and gems work vastly different ^^

Exactly ^^ Here is a link to a page listing all the gems and their abilities too: HERE  

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100

X Kaos X
Vice Captain

Anxious Character

45,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:06 pm
DJ Double B
So with the soccer game, do the characters sign up and then hang out there until it starts? Or can they, say, sign up and go play a game until people are ready?

I apologize for missing your question. Characters can sign up and go do the other games while waiting. When the game starts, we'll notify the characters who signed up via quote.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:09 pm
X Kaos X
DJ Double B
So with the soccer game, do the characters sign up and then hang out there until it starts? Or can they, say, sign up and go play a game until people are ready?

I apologize for missing your question. Characters can sign up and go do the other games while waiting. When the game starts, we'll notify the characters who signed up via quote.

Ooooh ok. I just posted her waiting on the bench cause I wasn't sure. I'll edit it and have her go do something else. Thank you!  

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:36 pm
DJ Double B
Shadow of Miracles

Hey, question on the soccer game

So to make sure I have this right (please do correct me if i'm wrong)

Each member of the offense team (currently blue team) first randomizes a number 1-10 in the randoming thread. Each even number is a goal, the team can score 3 max in a round.

After that, the defense team (currently red team) then randomizes a number 1-10 in the randomizing thread. If they roll a number that matches any of the numbers that the offense team rolled, they block a goal. They can block 2 goals max in a round.

Then it switches.

My main question is that with the defense rolls, does the number that matches have to be one that scored a goal? (IE: offense member rolls a 6 and scores, thus to block, defense member must also roll a 6?) Or is it any number that matches (offense rolls a 3 and misses, but defense also rolls a 3)

Yes, that is what was written in the rules so it is correct 3nodding

If all the members from the offensive team have made their post and they got the numbers 2,4,6 (meaning they got 3 points) then the defensive team also has to score 2,4,6 in that same order.

If the first "goal" was done with randomizing a 2 then the defensive team has to randomize a 2. If the defensive team randomizes a 4 or a 6 (which is the 2nd and 3rd goal respectively) then that will not block the offensive team from scoring. They have to randomize a 2 first before they can randomize a 4 and 6.

I hope that makes sense, but let me know if you're still confused  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:39 pm
Shadow of Miracles
DJ Double B
Shadow of Miracles

Each member of the offense team (currently blue team) first randomizes a number 1-10 in the randoming thread. Each even number is a goal, the team can score 3 max in a round.

After that, the defense team (currently red team) then randomizes a number 1-10 in the randomizing thread. If they roll a number that matches any of the numbers that the offense team rolled, they block a goal. They can block 2 goals max in a round.

Then it switches.

My main question is that with the defense rolls, does the number that matches have to be one that scored a goal? (IE: offense member rolls a 6 and scores, thus to block, defense member must also roll a 6?) Or is it any number that matches (offense rolls a 3 and misses, but defense also rolls a 3)

If all the members from the offensive team have made their post and they got the numbers 2,4,6 (meaning they got 3 points) then the defensive team also has to score 2,4,6 in that same order.

If the first "goal" was done with randomizing a 2 then the defensive team has to randomize a 2. If the defensive team randomizes a 4 or a 6 (which is the 2nd and 3rd goal respectively) then that will not block the offensive team from scoring. They have to randomize a 2 first before they can randomize a 4 and 6.

Ok, this makes a lot more sense -- it was the defensive blocking that confused me, really.

so only those on the offensive team should be randomizing 1-10 rn? I have one on each team -- don't wanna accidentally post for the wrong guy ><  

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:44 pm
DJ Double B
Shadow of Miracles
DJ Double B
Shadow of Miracles

Then it switches.

Ok, this makes a lot more sense -- it was the defensive blocking that confused me, really.

so only those on the offensive team should be randomizing 1-10 rn? I have one on each team -- don't wanna accidentally post for the wrong guy ><

Technically the defensive team cannot post until the offensive team has scored one point

so it will always be the offensive team posting first and when they do score a point then the defensive team can come in attempt to block that goal.

It wouldn't make sense if the blocking team is randomizing when the scoring team hasn't done any scoring at all.

But I'm glad you asked this question 3nodding we will direct members to this answer in case they have a similar question.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:40 pm
Yo RNG for the soccer game question

I posted Ava trying to take a shot in the rng thread, but accidentally posted it w/out the rng

I marked it as void and made a new post with her shot. Does it still count? I wanted to ask before I had Nirav try to block it

Thanks!

Edit: Question got answered, the score was all good. thanks yall  

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

SoundVVave

Anxious Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:29 pm
I've got a question since Phoebe's Charmander is close to evolving, is normal evolution like that good to go when they hit that level or does there need to be a certain friendship level. I'm not talking about the "You need high friendship to evolve Eevee into Umbreon" type, just in general does there need to be a certain level of friendship  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:55 pm
SoundVVave
I've got a question since Phoebe's Charmander is close to evolving, is normal evolution like that good to go when they hit that level or does there need to be a certain friendship level. I'm not talking about the "You need high friendship to evolve Eevee into Umbreon" type, just in general does there need to be a certain level of friendship

Nope. If friendship is not a factor in their evolution then all you need to do is make sure that they are at the proper level to do so. It should also be noted that evolving is not allowed to happen during a battle. While this happens in the anime we decided it would not happen here.

But yay that's awesome congrats to Fireball ^^ The guild's first evolution is near owo  

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100

SoundVVave

Anxious Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:58 pm
Prairiefox
SoundVVave

Nope. If friendship is not a factor in their evolution then all you need to do is make sure that they are at the proper level to do so. It should also be noted that evolving is not allowed to happen during a battle. While this happens in the anime we decided it would not happen here.

But yay that's awesome congrats to Fireball ^^ The guild's first evolution is near owo

I just need two rare candies and then that fire lizard gets his claws XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:16 pm
A question regarding a Pokémon's move. My Purrloin has the move 'Assist', which is really only useful in double battles as a mimic effect. I am unaware of any rules regarding double battles at this time. As there is a battle upcoming and I will be using this Pokémon, may I have a ruling on how this move can be used?  

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:45 pm
Erkowan
A question regarding a Pokémon's move. My Purrloin has the move 'Assist', which is really only useful in double battles as a mimic effect. I am unaware of any rules regarding double battles at this time. As there is a battle upcoming and I will be using this Pokémon, may I have a ruling on how this move can be used?

Assist actually don't involve double battles, you just need a secondary Pokémon. In your case Purrloin would randomly use one of Eevee's moves. It differs every time it's used. It basically does a roulette of all the moves your other Pokémon have and lands on one for that turn.

How it works in the guild I have no idea but I can at least help clarify how the move works smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:53 pm
murruelecreuset
Erkowan

Assist actually don't involve double battles, you just need a secondary Pokémon. In your case Purrloin would randomly use one of Eevee's moves. It differs every time it's used. It basically does a roulette of all the moves your other Pokémon have and lands on one for that turn.

How it works in the guild I have no idea but I can at least help clarify how the move works smile

Rue is very correct on this. For using assist you would need to randomize eevee's moves by randomizing a number of 1-4 and whichever number it lands on would be the attack you would use.  

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100

Erkowan
Crew

Distinct Gekko

2,475 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:37 am
Prairiefox
murruelecreuset
Erkowan

Awesome. Thanks for the clarifying that for me.

Rue is very correct on this. For using assist you would need to randomize eevee's moves by randomizing a number of 1-4 and whichever number it lands on would be the attack you would use.

Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games