Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:04 pm
SubonicXP
"You are a clone of another, a copy, that is a fact. A great man once said, 'Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.' So I ask you, Amaranth, do you know who you are? Are you a clone or are you an individual? When I look at you I see a lot of potential, however untapped. Since we found you you've come a long way out of your shell but like a sprout who has just come out of its shell and is making its way to the surface you still have a long way to go. I've watched you for awhile now and you are still meek, you hide in the shadows of others and rarely speak up. That needs to stop."

With that said the man took his backpack off and dug around in it until he took out a book. "Here. It's the autobiography written by Walker Zephrie, the father of the gym leader of Violet City. He talks a lot about how he found himself and what not. I figured you could relate to it at some points. I want you to ready that book and think about what it means to find yourself, alright? Next time you come up to me I want you to stand up right in my face and say 'I'm Amaranth! Now what the hell do you want!?'" Sub said with a smile.
"I'm... both?" It was never kept a secret about Amaranth's unique- to say the least- origins, though what Sub asked was something made clear to her even moreso; there was no such thing as a total clone, but denying the fact she was one was impossible. She was otherwise quiet, knowing she couldn't challenge what Sub was saying. She usually stuck to the HQ, kept quiet, and otherwise did what she could when she needed or was prodded to. Otherwise, she kept to herself, and while that might've worked for now...

He was right. It did need to stop, but doing so was usually a case easier said. Even she could safely say she knew that much. Taking the book and hoping it'd help as Sub was saying, she nodded and kept the book close. "Right. Thank you," she answered, stepping back. She'd make sure to give the book a read as soon as she could.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:09 pm
Beau looked over at Sub and his strange sack of wonder and amazement, apparently handing out inspiration for those who appeared to be less sure of their position in the group. Well, he certainly had a candidate for this service. Quickly flying into one of the bedrooms and forcibly hauling its occupant out, Beau found himself back in front of Sub. "Hey there, o wise leader. yeah, see, my buddy and me sorta need some direction here. Care to help?" Beauregard asked, hauling Larry up in front of him for Sub to see. "Hate to leave such an interesting fellow locked in a room."

Leslie was close behind, waiting for her turn to receive inspiration from their weirdo of a leader.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:09 pm
Arkana's eyes widened when she saw the Registeel. "What in blazes?.... That's something we don't have in Kalos." She looked over to Kayvaan and Sub recalled the legend and called Amaranth over. "So, how do you think the boss is gonna take this?" The frog thought for a moment, then looked apprehensive. "Yeah, that's what I thought. I liked it when she didn't have this... complex of hers. Though, being around a bunch of powerful hybrids will do that, I suppose. At least she's not like most Kalosians towards them." Kayvaan would glance away at that. "I forgot, you were with her for longer than I was, well before she concocted that plan.... Was she-?" A nod from Kayvaan. "Well then. She still a lot better, isn't she, then?" Another nod. "That's good at least." She'd glance back over to the arena now, only half paying attention.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:18 pm
Ryan quietly wanders into the room, reading a book he had borrowed from Sub's vast private library. It was related to legends surrounding water pokemon from the vast regions.  

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:18 pm
Odd and Kaya watched with looks of awe on their faces as Sub's Registeel was unleashed upon Lykas' Pokemon.

The Jellicent hybrid was still helping Mykel to his feet, though the Pokemon was clearly still unconscious. It was obvious to everyone that Lykas was trying to help Mykel retain his dignity after that before recalling him to his ball.

Trishella, on the other hand, stood behind the others, skittish and more than a little worried about the power that thing had just showed off. Could anyone guarantee that it wouldn't break free and rampage through the base, destroying everything? She wondered what Sub might have for her, if anything, in his sack of inspirations.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:51 pm
"Ah, Larry and Beau, been awhile since I got to talk to the two of you." Sub said as he the two insect hybrids approached him. "Can I just say one thing that has been on my mind for awhile now? The two of you remind so much of Blizz and I. Two completely different people and yet you two still get along and make for good friends. Now that I got the sappy stuff out of the way..." He said, turning his head to face Beau specifically.

"Mister Beauregard. You remind me a lot of Reno when he first came here. Chaotic, unorganized, absolutely zero direction in life, and cared for nothing more than his own enjoyment. Sure, he joined this time but it was little more than a means to have fun rather than accomplish a goal. Don't get me wrong Reno can still be that way but he is getting better." The man shrugged. "But we're not talking about him, we're talking about you. I'm sure your childhood friend here has said the same things about you. What you need Beau is a direction, a path to take and rails along that path to keep you on it. Sometimes a picture comes out prettier if you color in the lines. Boundaries are there for a reason." And with that said he turned to face Larry.

"Now for mister Larrimore. You are more uptight than even Blizz, and that's saying something. Your adherence to protocol and tradition might seem noble but they can also be a stagnating burden. You never act until you think everything completely through, ever possible error and outcome. But that's no way to live. Sure, everything you do has a chance of failure but that's okay, sometimes we need to fail to learn. The stiffest tree is full of cracks while the most flexible remains unmarked by bending with the wind. Sometimes you have to bend the rules to get real results. So with all that said my advice to the both of you is to learn from each other. Really you are two halves a whole in every way. Beau you teach Larrimore to loosen up and act on impulse, to learn how to roll with the burden of the unknown. And Larrimore, you knock it into Beau's head that there is a time and place for everything, that sometimes you can't just improvise things as you go along, that you need to aim every now and then. I want the two of you to take a hike up Mt. Silver, together, without your Pokemon. There is a flag I put up there a couple of years ago, bring it back to me as proof." He instructed the two before turning his attention to Leslie.

"And you, little miss." He said, pointing at her. "I can see it all over your face, you think everything coming out of my mouth and silly and weird, huh?" Sub smiled. "And you're probably right! But regardless I got some words for you and you're going to listen. First off, you're a young girl, one of which who went behind my back and made herself into a hybrid..." Sub said as loud as possible, he wanted GRAY to hear him. "...for no other reason than to fit in better and become stronger. But strength doesn't come from conformity or a new weapon. No, strength comes from experience, knowledge, and skill. So you're a hybrid, big whoop. If I were to give a five year old a gun and asked him to kill a sixty-year unarmed old skilled martial artist who do you think will win? Sure the five year old could win but would it be because he had a powerful tool? Nah, more than likely it was luck, and that's how you've gotten this far, luck. You lack experience and knowledge Leslie and you tried to make up for it by becoming a hybrid and yet you succeeded in doing nothing. This is what I want you to do, I want you to enroll at the Pokemon Trainer's School in Violet City. Tell them Vic-...er Sub, sent you and they'll wave the tuition fee, trust me. You can't skip the basics." He told her.

"Next!" Sub shouted.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:59 pm
Lykas and Odd waved Sub aside for the moment. If he had words for them, he could bring it up later. For now, they wanted to see what Sub had to say to everyone else.

Kaya stood near the back the only person who seemed to be behind him was Trishella, who looked like she might be trying to hide from scrutiny. She knew something was coming her way. It had to be. Sub only seemed to be talking to people who either needed a push to become better people or who just plain had no reason to be here. And she knew full well that she fit at least one of those categories.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:59 pm
Ryan would look up from his book briefly, but would go back to it. He had no desire to openly draw Sub's attention, but had a sneaking suspicion that Sub would find his way over regardless.  

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:06 pm
Arkana snapped out of her half vacant staring moment when she heard Sub talking to others now. She'd merely walk over to the edge of the arena and lean against the railing, deciding to listen in to what everyone else was getting told.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:11 pm
"Ryan! Come here." Sub shouted as he noticed the little bookworm buried in the book he lent him. "If no one speaks up then I'll just pluck you up myself."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:14 pm
SubonicXP
"Ryan! Come here." Sub shouted as he noticed the little bookworm buried in the book he lent him. "If no one speaks up then I'll just pluck you up myself."

Ryan sighs as he closes the book. It was an inevitable thing. Sub would not let things just lie. Ryan walks over to the young man. "What is it, Sub?" Ryan asks.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:20 pm
After dealing with Aden and Cera, I checked my SNAG and thought for a moment. I did have some things that I wanted to check out before we ended up going on another mission of any sort. It was a case of 'C.Y.A.' for me, honestly. I closed the SNAG once more; I probably had some sort of plan here. I'd know when I get there...for now, got to go get my things before running off.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:20 pm
RCCaughtem
SubonicXP

Ryan sighs as he closes the book. It was an inevitable thing. Sub would not let things just lie. Ryan walks over to the young man. "What is it, Sub?" Ryan asks.

"First off I want to pat you on the back, so to speak, for being so diligent in pursuing your goals. Once you set your mind to something you see it to the end. However, that is also your problem. You are a member of this team, are you not? I'll help you any way I can in your pursuits that in return I expect you to help out around here. See what I'm getting at? Personal goals are fine but don't forget about contributing around here to pull your weight." Sub said, then tapping his chin to think of other things to say. "...to be honest that's all I got for you. Huh...that wasn't so bad. Don't worry, I still might find use for you with one of these other layabouts." The man said as he waved Ryan to the side.

"In fact, Lykas, Odd, Kaya, and Trish. I want all four of ya front and center. The freaky quad." He smiled.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:35 pm
Kaya and Trish weren't exactly eager to approach Sub at least point, the latter nearly hyperventilating, certain she was about to get kicked out of the team.

"Calm down and get over here." Lykas said as he grabbed her with a ponytail and hauled her over. "You two, power ranger." Odd told Kaya as he walked over, pushing the heavy steel-type hybrid across the room until all four stood facing Sub.

"Hit us with your criticisms, o glorious leader." Lykas said with a smirk. He didn't care. He'd take anything Sub had to say to him in stride and roll with it.

Odd felt the same but chose not to speak on the matter.

"Be gentle with me." Kaya whimpered, though it was in good humor.

Trish just kept quiet and braced for impact.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:51 pm
Ryan listens, then nods. "I'll try a bit more to be around more. Can't guarantee it, but i will try." he says to Sub. Ryan then finds a chair and sit down, opening the book back to where he left off.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games