Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Token guild introduction thread! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:52 pm
Rain Yupa
Flames Burning Within
i like you mister smart a** 4laugh (or miss smart a**...?)

yeah i've noticed theres a bunch of different editions and it makes my head roll cause they're all so different, i'm not sure which one to look up or play or anything x.x then theres the whole character creation which also confuses the hell out of me...it's a lot of fun being confused and unsure where to really start razz i don't even have any of the books to begin with, i never found a reason since nobody to play with

Mister.

Ignore everything before 3rd edition. Just read what I typed above, and see which one 'sounds' interesting to you. I'll admit, an edition sounding good and actually being enjoyable may be two totally different things; but it will give you a direction of where to go first.

If you don't really care, I might offer to run a teeny tiny one-shot dungeon for you and Ms. Mik4ilah, to give you both a feel of what it's like. Yes, there are a lot of differences between editions, but there's a striking number of similarities in mechanics between them too. Play one, and you'll still have a leg-up for the other editions over someone who's never played before.

If you two are interested, that is.

3.5/pathfinder and 4e both seem interesting to me so i might try to learn about those, which one would you suggest first?

your offer is awesome but still would need to learn how char creation actually works razz  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:56 pm
Flames Burning Within
Rain Yupa
Flames Burning Within
i like you mister smart a** 4laugh (or miss smart a**...?)

yeah i've noticed theres a bunch of different editions and it makes my head roll cause they're all so different, i'm not sure which one to look up or play or anything x.x then theres the whole character creation which also confuses the hell out of me...it's a lot of fun being confused and unsure where to really start razz i don't even have any of the books to begin with, i never found a reason since nobody to play with

Mister.

Ignore everything before 3rd edition. Just read what I typed above, and see which one 'sounds' interesting to you. I'll admit, an edition sounding good and actually being enjoyable may be two totally different things; but it will give you a direction of where to go first.

If you don't really care, I might offer to run a teeny tiny one-shot dungeon for you and Ms. Mik4ilah, to give you both a feel of what it's like. Yes, there are a lot of differences between editions, but there's a striking number of similarities in mechanics between them too. Play one, and you'll still have a leg-up for the other editions over someone who's never played before.

If you two are interested, that is.

3.5/pathfinder and 4e both seem interesting to me so i might try to learn about those, which one would you suggest first?

your offer is awesome but still would need to learn how char creation actually works razz

I'm in too! Hello! I've heard many a good things about 3.5 from a friend of mine but honestly i like the sound of teamwork better. I'll leave it up to you guys.  

Mik4ilah

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:10 pm
Well, 4th edition and I are bffs, so I'd rather run that if you left the decision to me. I haven't actually run any edition but.

I know not every edition is for everyone - in fact, only a very small fraction of D&D players like 4th. The biggest complaint is that it is too much like an MMORPG. And while what I would run for you would basically be a tiny dungeon hack-and-slash, that's not every game. It's up to your DM to make it more than a dungeon crawl combat slog!

You're bound to find either lots of people interested in playing the brand new 5th edition, or those who play Pathfinder (while they wouldn't be against 3.5, they generally unanimously agree Pathfinder is better and would choose that). In terms of finding games and fellow players, you'd want to go with either of those.

Regardless, I'm going to make a separate thread for this now. We can cover 4th edition character generation there ^-^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:54 pm
Hey, I'm Quilter or Gemini...I answer to both.
Only played two games and enjoyed them immensely. I do LARPing and help run a few events (Pirate's Plunder, Feast Of Fools etc.) that require a lot of planning and sewing.
I'm on dial up, sadly, it sucks but I try and be on when I can Have a job for the next two days I won't be on. I created two characters with my aunt we are looking to running some DnD games for fun at these events and could totally use some help, guidence etc.

Hii~~  

MadQuilterGemini

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:38 pm
Hi I'm Egbert, or Thor, Egbert has been my username for years but my old one was Thor and I still have people that call me Thor. Either is fine by me.
I have DMed a steady group for three years but we recently stopped because of time constraints. I really enjoy being a player and I'm definitely looking for games to join. But yeah, I like to have fun but I can be serious and I really enjoy lore. That's me, hello.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:09 pm
Hi Peoples, I'm Jo even though my username says Jak, you can call me either one.
I am just starting in D&D and now I'm learning about the races. I am into games but not as hardcore.
By brother got me into this when he started D&D a few (2 or 3 weeeks ago) and the crazy damn stories are hilarius. Like someones name is Rapid D Penetrater(Yes that was one of my bro's. friend's name) , I died laughing.

So It will be fun rping with you guys and learning through the game.  

SSJChocolate

Ashelina JoIie

Friendly Phantom

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:15 pm
Hello, I'm Ashley.

I really enjoy playing D&D, Pathfinder and homebrew style role-playing games though I prefer the latter as it allows a more organic experience and greater creative freedom. I'm all for systematic creation and growth of characters but it becomes tired on occasion. sweatdrop

At present, I'm juggling two campaigns with a couple groups of friends: one homebrew and the other, 3.5. I've played the part of several roles but have had the most enjoyment from classes such as cancer mage (currently using in my horror campaign. She's finally grown a sentient boil!), beguiler and archivist.

It's a pleasure to meet you all. n__n  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:34 pm
Ashelina JoIie
cancer mage

You give people crabs? o.o

And welcome! The pleasure is ours!

What did you mean by "homebrew style role-playing games"? Like, playing games you/your fellow players design from scratch? Or just tweaked D&D stuff?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Ashelina JoIie

Friendly Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:59 am
Something like that. I'm essentially a druid who has summoned the power of a dark lord to bestow me with a hideous, monstrous arm covered in pustules, one of which, through rigorous self-mutilation and devotion to the dark arts has become sentient. Perks include the ability to roll twice for knowledge checks and spot checks, and I can communicate with the boil telepathically. I'm entirely immune to disease as I carry all of them without symptoms, but can infect anyone whom I choose (which include many people, because evil campaign, yada yada). The cancer mage is just so ridiculous and fun to play - and I take damage from clerics who attempt to heal me. haha xD I highly recommend this class to anyone participating in a horror campaign and has an affinity for all things absurd.

By homebrew, I refer to a blank slate creation (minus, of course, inspiration pulled from various existing storylines. Nothing is original, they say) of an entire multiverse, species, history, weaponry, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:55 pm
Hey hey! I go by AL, nice to meet you all. I've been playing tabletops since high school and it's probably my favorite thing to do in my free time.

I have experience with a lot of different systems. D&D 3.5, World of Darkness, Exalted, L5R, Star Wars, and Shadowrun are my main interests. I just got out of a campaign that involved moving from one system to another every other week and we used a ton of them, so I've dipped my hand into a lot of different games.

Currently playing in a Shadowrun 4e and Changeling: The Lost campaign, and looking to join a LotR campaign sometime this autumn, but I can still hop on to enjoy some play by post games in my free time. My job schedule changes like the wind so who knows where I'll be at, but I'm always down for a good time.

Hope to have fun with you all! o /  

The Cursed Monarch

OG Prophet

6,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:42 am
Hi Its AL
Hey hey! I go by AL, nice to meet you all. I've been playing tabletops since high school and it's probably my favorite thing to do in my free time.

I have experience with a lot of different systems. D&D 3.5, World of Darkness, Exalted, L5R, Star Wars, and Shadowrun are my main interests. I just got out of a campaign that involved moving from one system to another every other week and we used a ton of them, so I've dipped my hand into a lot of different games.

Currently playing in a Shadowrun 4e and Changeling: The Lost campaign, and looking to join a LotR campaign sometime this autumn, but I can still hop on to enjoy some play by post games in my free time. My job schedule changes like the wind so who knows where I'll be at, but I'm always down for a good time.

Hope to have fun with you all! o /

There is currently an L5R game recruiting, called 'Desert Winds'. Just as a heads up! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:50 pm
Heeey there! I'm Lutz and I recently got into D&D with my friends. As of right now I've got a level 3 Ranger Half-Elf (that was raised by halflings...it's a very chill game XD We like hilarious things) and I'm still pretty green when it comes to playing. I can't wait to join some campaigns and learn more about other editions! I believe I'm playing the 5th edition right now.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Obsidian Deathwish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:44 am
GREETINGS, ADVENTURERS! Just call me O.D. I have been playing loosely off and on for 10 years. Yet I know not enough of the game, or any table top game that I have previously played. I have been in god awful short lasting groups full of people who just wanted power, or DM's that forced my character to do something stupid and despite my high roll against the action, kill me off. I have been made fun of for being a woman, even though I've seen women game before. I have a bazillion stories and every game I have encountered was not great. I wish to find a good group. That is why I am here.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:58 am
Obsidian Deathwish
GREETINGS, ADVENTURERS! Just call me O.D. I have been playing loosely off and on for 10 years. Yet I know not enough of the game, or any table top game that I have previously played. I have been in god awful short lasting groups full of people who just wanted power, or DM's that forced my character to do something stupid and despite my high roll against the action, kill me off. I have been made fun of for being a woman, even though I've seen women game before. I have a bazillion stories and every game I have encountered was not great. I wish to find a good group. That is why I am here.

Well welcome, and I doubt you'll have any of those previous issues here. This here is a pretty good group of people. I've had my fair share of run-ins with bad groups in the past too, but things seem to work out pretty well here. If you don't mind my asking, what game formats are you interested in? There's a D&D 5e group that's still forming for a somewhat larger campaign, as well as a 4e group that may be needing some fresh blood as it shifts into part two of their adventure. (Not positive with that last one) There's also a variety of other formats that people have going.  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Jess Holy

Fallen Wyvern

7,415 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:28 pm
Hello everyone. My name is Jess! 23 and just came back to Gaia recently. I am a Youtuber/Livestreamer/Video Game Artist and I am looking forward to making more friends.

I've wanted to play World of Darkness, but I haven't seen people playing it. I have played D & D 4 and Pathfinder multiple times. Unfortunately, I've not yet finished a game. I am starting an Iron Kingdoms game with my fiancee and our college friends soon. That is only going to be once a week though and I want to play more often without the expense of $12 per day to go to the nearest game store.

Feel free to pop me a PM and say hello. 3nodding  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces