Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Survivors (3.5/3rd Custom) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:48 am
Necklace of natural weapons; attune it to a natural weapon, enchant it like a weapon.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:07 am
Eternality_Cannon
Necklace of natural weapons; attune it to a natural weapon, enchant it like a weapon.

Problem is my neck slot is already taken by an amulet of natural armour. And if I wanted to go that far I might aswell get amulet of mighty fists. But since I lack that option right now I am looking for alternatives. If push comes to shove I might just get +5 spiked gauntlets.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:15 am
What are you trying to do, Mong? I really don't want to look back and read all the old posts to try and figure something out.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:20 am
glitterboypilot
What are you trying to do, Mong? I really don't want to look back and read all the old posts to try and figure something out.

Trying to enchant my natural weapon: Slam without using the amulet of mighty fists.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:41 am
Mongooseh
glitterboypilot

Trying to enchant my natural weapon: Slam without using the amulet of mighty fists.
What are you trying it with, golem druid, water elemental fighter?

The first idea that come to mind is Kensai(complete warrior) levels. But I am sure you have your character already planed out and you couldn't fit another level in.

If you are dealing with spellcaster, there are a number of spells that could enhance your unarmed attack.

Edit:
Another option, if the dm allows it, enchant a set of handwraps that take up your gauntlet slot. Just ask--most are usually amenable. Just pay the masterwork cost and then enhance appropriately.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:48 am
glitterboypilot
Mongooseh
glitterboypilot

What are you trying it with, golem druid, water elemental fighter?

The first idea that come to mind is Kensai(complete warrior) levels. But I am sure you have your character already planed out and you couldn't fit another level in.

If you are dealing with spellcaster, there are a number of spells that could enhance your unarmed attack.

Warforged fighter for 5 levels, Soul eater for 10 levels and warforged juggernaut for the 16th level. I've spent pretty much all of my money but I have a budget of 51500 on this. Anything left over will just be spent on random items.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:08 pm
What do you have for your gauntlets?

I found something in the Arms and Equipment guild.
Bracers of Armor and Armor Special Abilities
A character who has the Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Item feats, as well as mage armor and all the other prerequisites necessary, can add the armor special abilities shown on Table 8–6 in the DUNGEONMASTER’s Guide to a set of bracers of armor. The cost is the same as for adding a special ability to normal armor: an increase in the effective bonus of the
bracers. Just as magic armor can never exceed a +8 enhancement bonus, bracers of armor never provide more than a +8 armor bonus. However, special abilities can increase
the effective bonus as high as +13 (bracers +8 with an ability valued at +5, such as heavy fortification).

The market prices for bracers of armor with an effective bonus higher than +8 are as follows: 81,000 gp (+9), 100,000 gp (+10), 121,000 gp (+11), 144,000 gp (+12), 169,000 gp (+13). Any special ability that can be added to armor can be added to bracers of armor. Armor qualities with a cost expressed in gp rather than an effective bonus can be added to bracers for the
same price.

If you are using the Epic Level Handbook, characters with Craft Epic Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Epic Wondrous Item can create bracers of armor with a higher effective bonus than +13. To calculate the market price for such items, square the total
effective bonus and multiply the result by 10,000 gp.

If the dm allows this(it being 3.0 instead of 3.5) and allows you to switch out Armor enchantments for Weapon then you would have the best of both worlds.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:15 pm
glitterboypilot
What do you have for your gauntlets?

I found something in the Arms and Equipment guild.
Bracers of Armor and Armor Special Abilities
A character who has the Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Item feats, as well as mage armor and all the other prerequisites necessary, can add the armor special abilities shown on Table 8–6 in the DUNGEONMASTER’s Guide to a set of bracers of armor. The cost is the same as for adding a special ability to normal armor: an increase in the effective bonus of the
bracers. Just as magic armor can never exceed a +8 enhancement bonus, bracers of armor never provide more than a +8 armor bonus. However, special abilities can increase
the effective bonus as high as +13 (bracers +8 with an ability valued at +5, such as heavy fortification).

The market prices for bracers of armor with an effective bonus higher than +8 are as follows: 81,000 gp (+9), 100,000 gp (+10), 121,000 gp (+11), 144,000 gp (+12), 169,000 gp (+13). Any special ability that can be added to armor can be added to bracers of armor. Armor qualities with a cost expressed in gp rather than an effective bonus can be added to bracers for the
same price.

If you are using the Epic Level Handbook, characters with Craft Epic Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Epic Wondrous Item can create bracers of armor with a higher effective bonus than +13. To calculate the market price for such items, square the total
effective bonus and multiply the result by 10,000 gp.

If the dm allows this(it being 3.0 instead of 3.5) and allows you to switch out Armor enchantments for Weapon then you would have the best of both worlds.

How about it Eternality?  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:48 pm
Mongooseh
Alright seeing as there is no item to enchant my slam attacks I think if it is allowed to create a custom item using the rules for it.
So for my fists to be enchanted with +5 to natural attacks it will cost 50,000? Is everyone okay with this?

Try the Amulet of Mighty Fists. It enchants all of a creature's natural attacks.

Edit: And, according to the rules of the Magic Item Compendium, you can still have the Amulet of Natural Armor benefits added to the amulet for no additional charge beyond the normal Amulet costs, or you could put it on a torso or belt slot instead...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:50 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Mongooseh
Alright seeing as there is no item to enchant my slam attacks I think if it is allowed to create a custom item using the rules for it.
So for my fists to be enchanted with +5 to natural attacks it will cost 50,000? Is everyone okay with this?

Try the Amulet of Mighty Fists. It enchants all of a creature's natural attacks.

He already said that wasn't an option

Mongooseh

Problem is my neck slot is already taken by an amulet of natural armour. And if I wanted to go that far I might aswell get amulet of mighty fists. But since I lack that option right now I am looking for alternatives. If push comes to shove I might just get +5 spiked gauntlets.

glitterboypilot

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:05 pm
I'm all for the bracers using other abilities.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:07 pm
Eternality_Cannon
I'm all for the bracers using other abilities.

So +5 bracers of natural attacks for 50k sound good to you?  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:10 pm
Wait a minute, I just looked at the Dungeon Master's guide, and realized: You can trade other slots for similar items! Your bracers could get the abilities of the necklace of natural weapons, and thus gain the +5 bonus you wanted. Same price, too.

You good with that?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:14 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Wait a minute, I just looked at the Dungeon Master's guide, and realized: You can trade other slots for similar items! Your bracers could get the abilities of the necklace of natural weapons, and thus gain the +5 bonus you wanted. Same price, too.

You good with that?

Well give me the price quote and Ill add it to my list.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:41 pm
Mongooseh
Eternality_Cannon

You good with that?

Well give me the price quote and Ill add it to my list.

Well, the base cost for a two-weapon necklace would be 1200, in addition to the enhancement bonus cost, which is around 50k. In addition, the money for the bonus gets multiplied by 2, so your cost is roughly... 101200g.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff