Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Uva-Naranja Academy [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:45 pm
Tristen watched as Penny made her way to the weird machine, recognizing it from the device he saw at the Pokémon Center near the port town, let alone started to recall the conversation he had with his adoptive parents briefly about them. Part of him still really wondered just how Pokémon were able to learn from them, but he’d just tuck those thoughts off for later. As Penny worked the machine, Tristen looked back towards Fela when she asked about how TMs were distributed back at home. “Uh, no, we don’t.” he said. “Frankly, I don’t even know how they are really made. They’re usually bought, usually from Pokemarts. Pokémon Gyms also tend to hand out one when the trainer wins over the gym leader. The one back at Mahogany Town, Mr. Pryce, who runs an Ice type gym passes out a TM of either Hail or Icy Wind…” Tristen said.

A realization would occur to Tristen when he took the Struggle Bug TM from Penny. It never really occurred to him until now. “Uh…not that…I am not grateful for this…uh…man, I hate to ask this now. Um…how do you use a TM?” Tristen sheepishly asked. “I know! I know what you are about to say, how do I know about TMs and not know how to use them! I never had to! I was always taught when Pokémon training to do it the hard way, it was more rewarding that way and TMs don’t teach nuance. And it might be true, but I also admit that it takes a long time to do it the hard way…and we only got a month with the Scatterbug." Tristen would then explain, frantically trying to explain himself. Though how well this was going to go over was to be seen.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:08 pm
Penny would stare at Tristen for a good few seconds as his question pierced her ear and proceeded to bounce around in her brain like a rubber ball. As she stared at him she could have swore she saw a giant Copperajah standing behind him, towering over them both and staring at her with judgmental eyes as it too awaited her answer. Looking to Fela for help the other girl met Penny's gaze with an equally wide pair of eyes before finally shrugging at her, letting Penny know that she would be no help, couldn't be.

"Well um...good uh question?" Penny said, fidgeting nervously.

"Bzzt! Don't ask so many questions! Let me have that!" Penny's Rotom phone shouted as it flew out her pocket, snatched up the TM (somehow) and flew towards Tristen's Scatterbug. A bright flash of light would go off blinding them all for a second and the same thing would happen again as the Rotom went to Penny's worm. Once it was all done the phone would retreat to her pocket declaring; "All done! Both should now know Struggle Bug! And remember, curiosity killed the Meowth, bzzt!"]

Penny and Fela would say nothing as this happened, looking at each other and back at Tristen. Fela would finally speak to break the silence. "So...should we get some training in then?"  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:22 pm
There was a long silence between the two of them, Tristen staring in confusion as the process was done effectively instantly. Though, oddly, at least the process was tamer than the story he was told about how Aden spooled a TM on his Pokemon's horn and spun it like a record. Just seeing this does not give that story any credence. Then again, it was years ago...maybe technology marches on? Who knows...though...seeing a Rotom phone do that...maybe GRAY could do that with SNAGs? Maybe lets get away from this weird topic...

"Uh yea, sure. And I might be able to help with that one, too." he said. While Espeon, Castform, and Zebstrika was not going to be of any help, being far too strong for these two tiny bugs, he perhaps still had a solution to this issue. Though this would perhaps raise questions about where Tristen has been, maybe they'll dismiss it as a Pokemon out of Johto...hopefully. Tristen would take out another Pokeball, this time a Great Ball. "Wimpod, come out." he said, lobbing the ball out on the ground. In a flash, the ball pops open and out comes what may be an oddity to the two girls. A pale blue shell with a violet underside, which laid flat on the ground. A look on its face that seemed to scream that honestly did not want to be here, though little the girls may realize...that was oddly how he looked naturally. "Heya, Wimpod." He said, reaching down and picking Wimpod off the ground and holding him up for the girls to see. "This is Wimpod...I was thinking on maybe having him be a training buddy. He could use the training himself, though its been kinda hard to do anything...he's skiddish. Kinda their thing."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:59 pm
As Wimpod appeared both Fela and Penny gave the bug a confused look, having never seen such a creature before, furthermore it seemed very skittish. "Wimpod? It's a Bug Pokemon, right? I don't think we have those here in Paldea...where did you get it from? What can it do? What makes them so skiddish? Does it evolve?" Fela asked, the studious girl asking questions, wanting to know about this strange new Pokemon. Penny however said nothing, though she was curious about it.

Scatterbug would remain on Tristen's shoulder, looking at the Wimpod he just picked up, cocking its little head to the side as he tried to make heads or tails of its fellow Bug. "Scatter bug bug?" It said to Wimpod, asking it who he was.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:57 pm
“Oh uh, Bug and Water type actually.” Tristen said. “He himself can do attacks like Struggle Bug, but he’s more defensive than anything I come to find out. Its all in its inherent nature…you usually would find Wimpod in groups, and always on high alert. If anything, the moment you perhaps set your eyes on one, they’d flee by any means necessary. They’re oddly fast on their own, but if its not enough, they usually will rely on things like Sand Attack to blind their supposed attacker, or just turtle up with Defense Curl. They’re usually ones to run as opposed to fight. Its not too much better if they are caught by trainers. They’d manage to somehow retreat back into their PokéBalls all on their own, without the trainer doing anything. I found that one out the hard way. I don’t know how he manages to do that. Its not like he knows U-Turn or something like that…” he said, stroking the back of the Wimpod, trying to keep the Pokémon at ease. “Though what I am to understand, despite all of that, he is capable of evolving along the way. Though its pretty hard to do that if it doesn’t stand its ground somehow.” He said. “Maybe we could work on that while we help out the Scatterbug. How about it Wimpod?” The Wimpod could only help but to sink into Tristen’s arms as much as it could.

The Wimpod leaned back to take a look back towards the Scatterbug on Tristen’s shoulder. “Wim-ppaa…” It would reply to the Scatterbug in its high-pitched, screech-like voice.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:30 pm
Fela was engrossed in Tristen's explanation, fascinated by the Bug-type as she is with all new (to her) species of Pokemon. Penny perked up as she heard the explanation, breaking away from her phone, having picked it back up again, for long enough to make a comment. "Running away to curl up away from others? Sounds like my kind of Pokemon." The girl said before going back to her phone.

"Well maybe it will be more comfortable having a buddy battling alongside it." Fela commented as she walked up to Tristen and picked the Scatterbug up off his shoulder. "I'll handle Scatterbug so you can tend to your Wimpod, how does that sound? We can team up on the wild Pokemon. The girl offered. She then remembered Penny and turned around to face her again. "You want to hang out with us? Maybe train your Scatterbug too?" She asked.

"No...thanks..." Penny said, typing away at her phone, her words coming out slowly as her attention was elsewhere. "I'm going to head back to the academy, maybe find Giacomo and work together on our Scatterbug and other stuff. So...bye." Penny said, looking up from her phone long enough to finish her sentence before giving a small wave and walking off.

"Poor Penny, she needs more friends...better friends." Fela said with sigh. "Either way, ready to see what trouble we can't get into?" The girl said with a smile, Scatterbug giving her a confused look at the word 'trouble'.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:36 pm
SubonicXP
Fela was engrossed in Tristen's explanation, fascinated by the Bug-type as she is with all new (to her) species of Pokemon. Penny perked up as she heard the explanation, breaking away from her phone, having picked it back up again, for long enough to make a comment. "Running away to curl up away from others? Sounds like my kind of Pokemon." The girl said before going back to her phone.

"Well maybe it will be more comfortable having a buddy battling alongside it." Fela commented as she walked up to Tristen and picked the Scatterbug up off his shoulder. "I'll handle Scatterbug so you can tend to your Wimpod, how does that sound? We can team up on the wild Pokemon. The girl offered. She then remembered Penny and turned around to face her again. "You want to hang out with us? Maybe train your Scatterbug too?" She asked.

"No...thanks..." Penny said, typing away at her phone, her words coming out slowly as her attention was elsewhere. "I'm going to head back to the academy, maybe find Giacomo and work together on our Scatterbug and other stuff. So...bye." Penny said, looking up from her phone long enough to finish her sentence before giving a small wave and walking off.

"Poor Penny, she needs more friends...better friends." Fela said with sigh. "Either way, ready to see what trouble we can't get into?" The girl said with a smile, Scatterbug giving her a confused look at the word 'trouble'.

"Better friends?" Tristen would simply utter out, staring in confusion as he looked back watching Penny make her way off back presumably for the academy. Just who was this Giacomo anyways? Was he not that good of a person? Who knows. Fela probably did...though maybe it was just one of many things that he didn't need to pry in. Though he couldn't help but to wonder if he couldn't be of a help either. He'd leave the thought alone for now. "So...what trouble you looking to get into?" Tristen then asked.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:02 pm
Blizzard120

"Better friends?" Tristen would simply utter out, staring in confusion as he looked back watching Penny make her way off back presumably for the academy. Just who was this Giacomo anyways? Was he not that good of a person? Who knows. Fela probably did...though maybe it was just one of many things that he didn't need to pry in. Though he couldn't help but to wonder if he couldn't be of a help either. He'd leave the thought alone for now. "So...what trouble you looking to get into?" Tristen then asked.

"Let me show you! Follow me!" Fela said with a smile before beginning to walk south, heading towards the southern gate of Mesagoza.

-----

Eventually the pair and their Pokemon would pass through one of Mesagoza's towering gates and find themselves now standing on the outside of the city's walls, in the wilderness of Area One of the South Province of Paldea. It was a pleasant evening, the sun was just starting to go down, about a little over an hour before sunset. As soon as the gate closed a flock of Fledgling on the ground would be startled into flying away. As they looked around a nice breeze blew on by, carrying a group of Hoppip with it. There was wild Pokemon aplenty here, ones that didn't seem too powerful, excellent targets for training.

"The Pokemon here are pretty timid, this area preferred by trainers just starting out to train their Pokemon. You can even find Scatterbug here!" She exclaimed, the Scatterbug in her arms letting out an alarmed cry. "Don't worry, you aren't a target." Fela laughed. She then began to scan the area, spotting a Lechonk flee into some tall grass, a Pawmi poke its head out of its burrow, and a Tarountula swing from a tree branch by its thread. "Pick your target and I'll follow your lead."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:36 pm
Tristen would follow Fela towards the southern gates of Mezagoza, wondering what exactly she had in mind. Though he couldn’t shake over not trying more to get Penny to come along for the ride as well. If anyone should have been the awkward one of the bunch, it should have been him, if anyone, as he still tried to grasp just how a relatively normal teen his age functions. The fact that he was out here with no Snagem around, let alone his own adoptive parents, interacting with those not within Snagem circles and not having to Thunderbolt attack, Flash attack, or Thunder Wave them was in and of itself a whole adventure. One that so far he has been taking a liking to, except those really spotty parts, namely the situations thus far with Matteo. Maybe its not as bad as it seems to be, though he was keeping all that Ms. Picante said under close advisement.

Making it out through the gates and outside of the city walls, he took a look about taking note to the windswept hills and the plenty Pokémon abound in these evening hours. As Fela explained what was out here, it reminded Tristen of what he was told of the general starting routes of the various regions within the Indigo Chain. Route 1 in Kanto and Route 29 in Johto for instance. Pokémon not too strong and manageable for trainers starting their journey off in the region. A far cry from the conditions he has been in for years, where Ursaring, Steelix, and Tyranitar tend to roam. Tristen would sit Wimpod down on the ground, finally having the Bug and water type leave his arms as he was carried out the gates. The Wimpd started to look about this strange new land that it was in, trying to keep close proximity to Tristen for its trainer was, for better of worse, its main means of sanctity in this world. Tristen would look at the various Pokémon that was within sight. Many interesting Pokémon, some familiar, some new…he almost wanted to explore to see what this region held. He then looked down over towards a nearby pond, walking over down towards it and took notice to something out of the ordinary.

A brown Pokémon, rather small, as it splashed along the pond bank. It looked familiar…the antennae like protrusions on the side of its head, the body shape…but the coloration was wrong, as well as the sides of its head. He was suddenly compelled to ask… “Is that a Wooper?” Tristen asked, staring in confusion.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:59 pm
Blizzard120

A brown Pokémon, rather small, as it splashed along the pond bank. It looked familiar…the antennae like protrusions on the side of its head, the body shape…but the coloration was wrong, as well as the sides of its head. He was suddenly compelled to ask… “Is that a Wooper?” Tristen asked, staring in confusion.

Fela perked up as Tristen spoke up, the girl distracted herself by a Tarountula. Leaving the spider be she walked up to Tristen by the pond and took note of the Pokemon in question. "Yep! I take it you're familiar with them. Do they have Wooper back home?" She asked, setting the Scatterbug down on the ground. "Good target too for your Wimpod, it's a Ground type after all. Scatterbug won't be able to help out a lot thanks to its Poison typing as well."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:17 pm
SubonicXP
Fela perked up as Tristen spoke up, the girl distracted herself by a Tarountula. Leaving the spider be she walked up to Tristen by the pond and took note of the Pokemon in question. "Yep! I take it you're familiar with them. Do they have Wooper back home?" She asked, setting the Scatterbug down on the ground. "Good target too for your Wimpod, it's a Ground type after all. Scatterbug won't be able to help out a lot thanks to its Poison typing as well."

"Poison?" Tristen said, staring in confusion. So this is a variant, perhaps native to Paldea, just as his adoptive father's Vulpix and Zigzagoon to their respective regions, or for that matter Freth's Darumaka. "Uh, we have them back home too, though they're not Poison, but Water type. And they tend to sometimes have an ability to heal off of Water attacks." he said, wondering if the one down the lake was the same way. Tristen would take notice to the Wimpod scooting himself back behind Tristen, not too keen on starting anything with any Pokemon, let alone a weird wooper minding his own business. "Wimpod, its not going to get any easier if you keep back like that." he said to his bug Pokemon. That said, it might be too much to try to pick a fight with a Wooper.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:26 pm
Blizzard120

"Poison?" Tristen said, staring in confusion. So this is a variant, perhaps native to Paldea, just as his adoptive father's Vulpix and Zigzagoon to their respective regions, or for that matter Freth's Darumaka. "Uh, we have them back home too, though they're not Poison, but Water type. And they tend to sometimes have an ability to heal off of Water attacks." he said, wondering if the one down the lake was the same way. Tristen would take notice to the Wimpod scooting himself back behind Tristen, not too keen on starting anything with any Pokemon, let alone a weird wooper minding his own business. "Wimpod, its not going to get any easier if you keep back like that." he said to his bug Pokemon. That said, it might be too much to try to pick a fight with a Wooper.

"Heal off Water attacks? Sounds like a neat ability. I learn something new everyday." Fela said with a smile, apparently unaware of the Water Absorb ability, another example that most people don't have the profusely deep knowledge of Pokemon that Tristen does, thanks to his parents. "But it's cool you guys have your own Wooper! I knew about regional differences thanks to Mr. Salvatore's class but the only species with regional differences we've gone over in class so far is Meowth and Raichu." She shrugged.

While they were talking the Wooper became aware of them, eying them suspiciously. For whatever reason the Poison Fish Pokemon decided it didn't like these people and Pokemon in its presence and with a cry it shot a glob of mud in Tristen's direction with Mud Shot.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:56 pm
Tristen almost wanted to correct Fela, that as far as he knew, the water types were the common ones, not these Poison types. He’d just hold his tongue for the time being, allowing Fela to believe what she knew for the time being. Hopefully this Mr. Salvatore can correct that one down the road. Tristen then perked up, looking over towards the Wooper and saw the Mud Shot fly in Tristen’s direction. Quickly he shifted away from the attack, not wanting to be on the receiving end of it, pretty sure that it was not kosher to him. “I’m guessing Wooper is wanting to battle now…Wimpod, let’s give it a try.” Tristen said. Tristen then moved back behind the Wimpod, having it take the lead. Perhaps, if all goes well, even with Scatterbug’s disadvantage to this thing, maybe Wimpod can pick up the slack just enough. The notion, however, didn’t set well with Wimpod, despite looking at an opponent that was no bigger than it was.

“Its fine, Wimpod, you can do this. Lets try what we practiced, okay? Try Aqua Jet!” Fela didn’t make any mention about this Wooper having Water Absorb like its water type cousins. Perhaps he could be in the free and clear and try to take this thing out sooner than later to help out both it and Scatterbug.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:10 pm
Blizzard120

“Its fine, Wimpod, you can do this. Lets try what we practiced, okay? Try Aqua Jet!” Fela didn’t make any mention about this Wooper having Water Absorb like its water type cousins. Perhaps he could be in the free and clear and try to take this thing out sooner than later to help out both it and Scatterbug.

Wimpod would slam into the Wooper, knocking it into the air and sending it splashing down into the pond further away, the Aqua Jet proving effective and confirming to Tristen that it did not have Water Absorb, though that didn't mean the entire species didn't. Wimpod however would be left with a stinging pain, as if something had stabbed it. It wasn't too painful, just a mild and brief shock, like stubbing your toe. Whether or not either trainer or Pokemon knew it Wimpod was poisoned in that moment of contact.

"Woop woop!" The Wooper cried as it flung itself back out of the water and slammed into the Wimpod with a Tackle in retaliation. It would then touch down back on land and stomp on the ground a few times in defiance, it was a feisty one.

"I guess we should get in on this. Ready, Scatterbug? Let's ground this Ground type! Use String Shot!" The girl ordered. The Scatterbug, while young and untested, was motivated to help out its fellow Bug type, especially one that seemed so fragile plus a String Shot was easy enough of command, something it was born doing. Turning around it would point its back end at the Wooper and released a spray of silk at the Wooper, covering it in the sticky string and making its movements more difficult, the Wooper struggling against the sticky silk.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:11 pm
SubonicXP

"I guess we should get in on this. Ready, Scatterbug? Let's ground this Ground type! Use String Shot!" The girl ordered. The Scatterbug, while young and untested, was motivated to help out its fellow Bug type, especially one that seemed so fragile plus a String Shot was easy enough of command, something it was born doing. Turning around it would point its back end at the Wooper and released a spray of silk at the Wooper, covering it in the sticky string and making its movements more difficult, the Wooper struggling against the sticky silk.

Tristen noticed Wimpod and lightly whining a bit; unsure what was going on right at the moment. For a moment, he figured that Wimpod was getting ready to bail out once more, but he couldn't imagine why. They had the advantage. The Wooper was now caught up in silk and set up all more for the pounding into submission. Speaking of, Tristen had to continue pressing the advantage he had with the Aqua Jet. He came to find out eventually after capturing Wimpod and trying to train it, Wimpod doesn't have much in the way of available attacks, let alone ones viable enough for right this moment. It could apparently learn something like Surf and Waterfall, but Tristen wasn't able to get that far along with Wimpod, let alone the fact that he didn't think Wimpod could pull such level of attacks that easily right now. Worse, If this Wooper was in fact a Poison type, then the only other damaging attack Tristen knew it had, Struggle Bug, was not going to be of much use. He had to try to put this Wooper out for not only Wimpod's sake, but for the Scatterbug as well.

"Wimpod, you're doing fine! Keep it up! Use another Aqua Jet! Let's try to protect Scatterbug, okay!?" The Wimpod shook itself, trying to shake whatever it was bothering it, then started to cloak itself in a veil of water once more, darting across the bank and went for another ramming attempt into the Wooper.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games