Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Lights of Orellic (Pathfinder Homebrew Open to All) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:15 pm
Kowsauni
In his original incarnation he was a Half-elf who studied magic along side his twin sister at the college where their mother was a professor. So it would make sense him to be from the area known for its large city. One of his character motivations was he was beginning to develop romantic feelings towards his summon. This caused him to go on a quest to find someplace where he and his summon could explore their feelings for each other with judgment or persecution from society. Now, in this world, I don't know if that would mean him leaving the city to find more remote townships in the wilderness, or him leaving the more close minded countryside behind him to find a more open opened minded society in the city.

Speaking of which here is a picture of his sister (half-elf version) and her summon. His summon looks more akin to a cross between a harpy and a dark angel.

Hmm, you know I didn't think of it but it might be more fun if someone else rp's the Eidolon. I just talked to Alphabetfish and she's on board for it. However, she wants to do some design changes to the characters so I'll keep you updated when were ready. As for their story it was going to be more background. Its a driving force for the characters but not their only motivations. I notice you have a lot of threads going for this world so I would more then happy to join in with someone else's little campaign if they needed additional people .  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:20 pm
Kowsauni

Actually, the thread count isn't as high as it seems, I think. Callsigncaboose had two, but she won't be playing any longer. I'm just about to do some reorganization to reflect that in the sheets list. Also, there are several new characters being made, so teaming up is a possibility, too. I'm keeping track of characters that may work well together.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:15 pm
I have a question regarding equipment. I didn't see any item on the SRD that does this, and I'm surprised that it doesn't exist.

Basically, I was wondering if I could make a pair of tinted goggles to protect my gremlin's eyes while in sources of bright light, to negate the dazzling penalty, and I was wondering how much such an item would cost.

EDIT:

I found a similar item called Smoked Goggles, but they're pretty crappy. All they do is let you treat enemies with Gaze attacks as if you're averting your eyes, and it imposes a -4 perception bonus, and grants enemies concealment (20% miss chance.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:44 pm
WhimsicalXellos
A quick google search revealed:
Sundark Goggles: The smoked lenses of these goggles block light. Sundark goggles negate the dazzled condition experienced by a creature with light sensitivity while in bright illumination. As a side effect, they grant the wearer a +2 circumstance bonus on saving throws against gaze attacks. A creature wearing sundark goggles can't use a gaze attack. Creatures without low-light vision or darkvision take a -2 penalty on search and spot checks. 10 gp.

Sure, but I'm taking out the part about darkvision negating the -2 penalty. They're essentially smudged up. Seeing in the dark doesn't help you see through something that's blurry.

I have answered this question before, and here it is.
iLL iNTENT

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:51 pm
WhimsicalXellos
WhimsicalXellos
A quick google search revealed:
Sundark Goggles: The smoked lenses of these goggles block light. Sundark goggles negate the dazzled condition experienced by a creature with light sensitivity while in bright illumination. As a side effect, they grant the wearer a +2 circumstance bonus on saving throws against gaze attacks. A creature wearing sundark goggles can't use a gaze attack. Creatures without low-light vision or darkvision take a -2 penalty on search and spot checks. 10 gp.

Sure, but I'm taking out the part about darkvision negating the -2 penalty. They're essentially smudged up. Seeing in the dark doesn't help you see through something that's blurry.

I have answered this question before, and here it is.
iLL iNTENT

Okay, cool  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:35 pm
Presenting Klax: Merridanian Gremlin Artificer

Still need to write up the background, but everything else is finished, including physical description and personality. Haven't started on the background yet because I'm not too sure on where to start. Like, is he going to still be skulking around in the jungles of Merridan, or maybe he's traveling (and therefor joining up with another group of characters.)

I could happily play him solo, but if there's another group that's looking for more characters, then that would be okay too.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:35 pm
iLL iNTENT

Still need to write up the background, but everything else is finished, including physical description and personality. Haven't started on the background yet because I'm not too sure on where to start. Like, is he going to still be skulking around in the jungles of Merridan, or maybe he's traveling (and therefor joining up with another group of characters.)

I could happily play him solo, but if there's another group that's looking for more characters, then that would be okay too.

First of all, "Gremling" is the racial moniker. They were based on gremlins, but are far enough removed to deserve their own name. Second, how does he get around the social stigma? The gremling-sickness? That second one can be answered after we figure out which story you'll be part of, honestly. I don't know yet what that will be, since you're one of the first new characters finished so far. Everything else looks square at first glance.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:47 pm
WhimsicalXellos
iLL iNTENT

First of all, "Gremling" is the racial moniker. They were based on gremlins, but are far enough removed to deserve their own name. Second, how does he get around the social stigma? The gremling-sickness? That second one can be answered after we figure out which story you'll be part of, honestly. I don't know yet what that will be, since you're one of the first new characters finished so far. Everything else looks square at first glance.

Aah, so it is, pardon me, I'll change it to the proper spelling. And what's gremling-sickness? I read over what you had written and I don't recall reading that anywhere. Although maybe I just missed it.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:52 pm
iLL iNTENT
Aah, so it is, pardon me, I'll change it to the proper spelling. And what's gremling-sickness? I read over what you had and I don't recall reading that anywhere. Although maybe I just missed it.

It's mentioned that they are similar to gnomes and their gnome-sickness in that they are somewhat uncomfortable without some kind of gremling companionship. This is most easily staved off if they manage to make really good friends with a non-gremling.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:59 pm
WhimsicalXellos
iLL iNTENT
Aah, so it is, pardon me, I'll change it to the proper spelling. And what's gremling-sickness? I read over what you had and I don't recall reading that anywhere. Although maybe I just missed it.

It's mentioned that they are similar to gnomes and their gnome-sickness in that they are somewhat uncomfortable without some kind of gremling companionship. This is most easily staved off if they manage to make really good friends with a non-gremling.

Aah, I see. I knew that the gremling's were the gnome's counterpart, but from what you had written, it wasn't clear that they suffered from that condition as well. Which is fine, I'll rework the personality and the background and stuff to incorporate it, but you might want to make some mention of it in the gremling's description, just so it's more clear to others.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:01 am
iLL iNTENT

WhimsicalXellos
Much like gnomes, they are intensely social with those of their kind, and it's rare to ever see one without another nearby.

No, yeah, that's what I was saying. Last sentence of the first paragraph in the description.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:08 am
WhimsicalXellos
iLL iNTENT

WhimsicalXellos
Much like gnomes, they are intensely social with those of their kind, and it's rare to ever see one without another nearby.

No, yeah, that's what I was saying. Last sentence of the first paragraph in the description.

Aah, I see. So, what are the side-effects of this 'sickness?' Any kind of physical effects, or just loneliness and depression? Which I think I would enjoy role-playing out actually, him seeking something to fill that void.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 am
iLL iNTENT
Aah, I see. So, what are the side-effects of this 'sickness?' Any kind of physical effects, or just loneliness and depression? Which I think I would enjoy role-playing out actually, him seeking something to fill that void.

Ah, no, nothing statistically relevant. It was completely meant to be a roleplaying device. Also an incentive for people to take advantage of the swarming ability. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:50 am
WhimsicalXellos
iLL iNTENT

Ah, no, nothing statistically relevant. It was completely meant to be a roleplaying device. Also an incentive for people to take advantage of the swarming ability. smile

Yeeeah I've always really liked Swarming as an ability, but unfortunately, it requires two players, lol

Hmm, you say Merridan has oil fields? How are those managed, exactly? Do they have oil wells and stuff? If so, then maybe I'll make him a worker at the oil fields.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:12 am
Hey, I'll have my profile ready by tomorrow...hopefully. My wife and I finished our design for the characters I just have to put it all down in myth weavers and My wife will draw pictures for them.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff