Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Token guild introduction thread! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxDanielleDelacroixyy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:10 pm
Hello All! I'm Danielle Delacroix don't let the yy confuse you, it's not Delacroixyy. I'd say I'm an avid Pathfinder player though I do have interests in 3.5. I do enjoy using 3rd Party material for classes, races, or otherwise, but I'm fairly well with core material for both games.

I hope I can join everyone for some RP fun. Happy Gaming! :3  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:50 pm
Greetings to all. Brand Spanking new to D&D and the whole tabletop RPG thing in general. Well... Sort of. I'm not at all new to Roleplaying or RPGs, though. It's been several years of shenanigans and madcap nonsense, ranging form serious stuff, to the idiotic madness. A good image of the kinds of RP's I've done would be like taking Lord of the Rings as a crust, Original Stuff for Filling, sprinkle in some Sonic the hedgehog in powered form, and then laying on a thick layer of Bo-bobo Butter before topping it all off with some "Lol I just like torturing my characters".

I'm an extremely avid Elder Scrolls fan, owning just about every game. With the exception of DaggerFall. I'm pretty much am into anything that lets me be a lizard-like man (COUGHargonianCOUGH) or a super strong-punching Monk. Who also uses a warhammer as a backup weapon when s**t hits the fan.

Again, though, I know nothing about the ins and outs of D&D or how it even works. And I was kinda hoping, as I posted in my request to join this guild, That someone would show me how it runs, as me and my Little brother in IRL wish to try this cool thing. The books we have, books being the three core books and a For Dummies Edition ((All are for 4e I think)), Are decent in telling us how to get started and kinda explains the gameplay, but at the same time, it still leaves us very confused. We attempted a DMless game but ended up getting confused and having out butts handed to us by a small band of khobolds, so... Yeah.

Yeah Hi, I'm Keel. and I'm an idiot who talks alot. And Likes to Para Roleplay.  

Keel Cahir

Shadowy Traveler

8,750 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Crack Shot 50

Lord_Titus2012

Dedicated Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:28 pm
Hey everyone, I'm Titus and I'm new to the guild. I have spent 7 years of my life playing white wolf games, from vampire the masquerade to new age world of darkness. I have been in the roleplay lifestyle for a long time now, more then 7 years now. I have to be honest and say that I've been playing pathfinder for nearly 3 months, I have only played D&D like twice in my entire life. So please don't expect me to know everything off the bat, but what I know may surprise you.

My Favorite Classes: Alchemist, Sorcerer, Witch and Ranger.

My Favorite Race: Any will work, but I am a beast with a lizardfolk.

Greatest Roleplay Moment? The moment my Vampire, Giovanni Genovese was born... Bloodlines: Assimite, Gangrel, lasombra. Who embraced him? The Giovanni.

Am I a DM?
Rarely... Because my games are more of Survival / Story based themes. (( Not sure if that is a good thing or now, but I do have some good stories. ))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:32 am
Hey, I'm Aion. I'm new to the guild and D&D in general. I've always been in the fantasy genre and always play card and online games like Magic the Gathering and World of Warcraft. I enjoy role-playing and strategy games as well, so I'm happy to get to join this guild. I'm really interested in learning the game. Any help is appreciated.  

Aion`

Lonely Prophet

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:28 pm
Hi all, I'm Kishi and I just joined this guild. I've been playing dnd for close to twenty years now (gah, I'm giving away my age!) and have been a DM for around 10 of those. I'm most comfortable with either 2nd edition ADnD or 3.5 edition rules but will be trying to learn 5th ed soon.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you and I'm really looking forward to getting to game with all of you!

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:43 pm
hello hello, I'm zavits, I've played a modified version of AD&D when I was a kid with my dad, now I mostly stick to 3.5 and Pathfinder. I hope to get along with everyone.

on a side note I always end up playing a halfling rogue for some reason. It's a mystery.  

Zavits W

Omnipresent Waffles

23,890 Points
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hero 100

LuvDragon

Wild Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:42 am
Hello! I'm Luv, I like to Rp in every format that's out there. table tog, larp, online, rpg video games. Um.. I'm kinda not good with people all the time but I at least try. And I really don't know what else to say... >_<

I got stated gaming playing champions... to bad no one ever seems to know what that is. I've also played dnd, rifts, lots of gurps, white wolf, munchkins, some that I don't remember the names to any more. sweatdrop

I'm really hoping to find a few people to play with here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:28 pm
How is the Champions system? I mean, I enjoyed the MMORPG, and have been looking for a good superhero system.

Also, RIFTS. I shall always miss you, my Glitterboy.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Guy in a Gimp Suit

OG Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:53 pm
I am Xaccheus. I enjoy playing 3.0/3.5/Pathfinder/d20 Modern. I have more third party material for those games than one could hold in an actual library. I tend to avoid playing any actual games as a result, seeing as how I tend to minmax completely by accident.

I consider myself more of a sage to consult for encounters, adventure hooks, and resources than anything else. If anyone has questions, feel free to hit me up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:53 am
Greetings folks.

I go by Tonash, or Ash, if anyone feels particularly compelled.

I've always adored D&D based games such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights, and got fully immersed into tabletop gaming within the past two years. I typically have to GM my games myself because well... None of my friends want to do the work heh.

I typically run core Pathfinder rules with a little bit of 3.5E and 4E mixed in. I'm interested in joining a campaign or two, but what I'd love is to either play or run the Way of the Wicked evil adventure path from Fire Mountain Games. It's so well written it mesmerizes me.

Anywho, that's all for now.  

Tonash Drahow

Omnipresent Phantom

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:39 pm
Salve~ My name is Blake you may address me by whatever you wish

I've never played d&d before or any of these other variants but i've been interested in it for years, just never had anybody to play it with sadly. So this whole d&d thing is new terrifying (so much to learn Dx) and so confusing :3  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:26 pm
Hi my name is Mikailah and I'm good with nicknames.

I've always wanted to play Dungeons and dragons but because of stuff I've never been able to do it so this is my golden chance to start.  

Mik4ilah

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:27 pm
Flames Burning Within

I've never played d&d before or any of these other variants but i've been interested in it for years, just never had anybody to play it with sadly. So this whole d&d thing is new terrifying (so much to learn Dx) and so confusing :3

Welcome, Mr. By Whatever You Wish!

Dungeons & Dragons can be tricky to learn if you've never played it before. There are a lot of rules, and a good deal of them situational. When I was first starting, or whenever I restart when a new edition comes out, I've learned that I only need to learn the rules that apply directly to whatever character I'm playing, and to the nine hells with the rest! Also, my own personal philosophy in any new game (D&D or anything else) is to play a "Fighter" my first time, because those are usually the least complicated rules-wise ^-^

Part of the problem with Dungeons & Dragons, is that every edition seems to be so drastically different from the rest. It's good and bad for different reasons.

Though I haven't really played the newest edition yet (5th edition), I've looked through the book some. The three editions you'll generally see are 3rd edition, 4th edition, and 5th edition.

3rd edition is good for creative, out-of-the-box thinking. Be it feats, tactics, spells, odds are if you can think of it, you can probably accomplish it. However, 3rd edition suffers from "tier" problems; early on, spellcasters run out of magic very quickly and become useless, while the noncasters can keep on weaponing from dawn to dusk. But later on, spells become so powerful that they are crucial for victory, even making the noncasters obsolete at times.

4th edition is good for tactics and teamwork. It's VERY hard to be a one-man show in 4th edition, because whatever you can do, you can do better with your allies. No one gets left in the dust. On the flipside, a lot of the out-of-box thinking gets stripped away, and the best use of 4th edition is hack-and-slash format (it doesn't HAVE to be, but it's designed that way). Also, some of the mechanics can be silly, like swinging your sword a specific way only once a day.

5th edition, from my observations so far, does much to balance everything. It allows for more creativity than 4th, but has more balance and fairness than 3rd. I like what they've done with the spells too (you can cast cure spells "harder", rather than just having to learn higher levels of it, for instance). But what I don't like about it is that they took this too far; it looks like any character I play will be nearly identical mechanically to any other similar character. I feel that if I were to play a Fighter, I'd be hard pressed to figure out any other kind of Fighter to play without feeling like I'm playing the same character all over again. Likewise, there's little to make any class shine, because anyone can do anything, to an extent. Less personalization, I guess I'm trying to say.

There's also an edition called "Pathfinder". 3rd edition was released a while back, like 12 or so years ago. After some years, they rebalanced it a bit to make classes more in-line with one another, and that's referred to as "3.5 edition". When 3rd was coming to an end and 4th was coming out, people really didn't want to stop playing 3rd, and a different company aquired the rights to the system mechanics and tweaked it even better. This is Pathfinder. It looks different than 3rd/3.5 edition, but plays practically the same way but is, for the most part, cooler. I wouldn't mind 3.5 OR Pathfinder, but I would personally lean towards 3.5 because I have so many books for it, and barely any for Pathfinder. But for anyone coming in new, I'd totally pimp Pathfinder as the way to go, out of the two.

My own personal favorite is 4th edition because I love me some teamwork! And I play enough Diablo 2 where I can't deny I like hack-and-slash dungeon crawls. It's not perfect, but as far as editions go, it's the option most suitable for me :3 3.5/Pathfinder are valid too, and I'd honestly rather play either of those than 5th edition, because it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But if you wanted to jump on the brand-new-edition bandwagon, you'd basically be learning it the same time everyone else is, since I don't think it's even been out a year yet? I think it came out in August, but don't quote me on that. That would give you a level playing field with "experienced" Dungeons & Dragons players smile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:34 pm
Rain Yupa
Flames Burning Within

Welcome, Mr. By Whatever You Wish!

Dungeons & Dragons can be tricky to learn if you've never played it before. There are a lot of rules, and a good deal of them situational. When I was first starting, or whenever I restart when a new edition comes out, I've learned that I only need to learn the rules that apply directly to whatever character I'm playing, and to the nine hells with the rest! Also, my own personal philosophy in any new game (D&D or anything else) is to play a "Fighter" my first time, because those are usually the least complicated rules-wise ^-^

Part of the problem with Dungeons & Dragons, is that every edition seems to be so drastically different from the rest. It's good and bad for different reasons.

Though I haven't really played the newest edition yet (5th edition), I've looked through the book some. The three editions you'll generally see are 3rd edition, 4th edition, and 5th edition.

3rd edition is good for creative, out-of-the-box thinking. Be it feats, tactics, spells, odds are if you can think of it, you can probably accomplish it. However, 3rd edition suffers from "tier" problems; early on, spellcasters run out of magic very quickly and become useless, while the noncasters can keep on weaponing from dawn to dusk. But later on, spells become so powerful that they are crucial for victory, even making the noncasters obsolete at times.

4th edition is good for tactics and teamwork. It's VERY hard to be a one-man show in 4th edition, because whatever you can do, you can do better with your allies. No one gets left in the dust. On the flipside, a lot of the out-of-box thinking gets stripped away, and the best use of 4th edition is hack-and-slash format (it doesn't HAVE to be, but it's designed that way). Also, some of the mechanics can be silly, like swinging your sword a specific way only once a day.

5th edition, from my observations so far, does much to balance everything. It allows for more creativity than 4th, but has more balance and fairness than 3rd. I like what they've done with the spells too (you can cast cure spells "harder", rather than just having to learn higher levels of it, for instance). But what I don't like about it is that they took this too far; it looks like any character I play will be nearly identical mechanically to any other similar character. I feel that if I were to play a Fighter, I'd be hard pressed to figure out any other kind of Fighter to play without feeling like I'm playing the same character all over again. Likewise, there's little to make any class shine, because anyone can do anything, to an extent. Less personalization, I guess I'm trying to say.

There's also an edition called "Pathfinder". 3rd edition was released a while back, like 12 or so years ago. After some years, they rebalanced it a bit to make classes more in-line with one another, and that's referred to as "3.5 edition". When 3rd was coming to an end and 4th was coming out, people really didn't want to stop playing 3rd, and a different company aquired the rights to the system mechanics and tweaked it even better. This is Pathfinder. It looks different than 3rd/3.5 edition, but plays practically the same way but is, for the most part, cooler. I wouldn't mind 3.5 OR Pathfinder, but I would personally lean towards 3.5 because I have so many books for it, and barely any for Pathfinder. But for anyone coming in new, I'd totally pimp Pathfinder as the way to go, out of the two.

My own personal favorite is 4th edition because I love me some teamwork! And I play enough Diablo 2 where I can't deny I like hack-and-slash dungeon crawls. It's not perfect, but as far as editions go, it's the option most suitable for me :3 3.5/Pathfinder are valid too, and I'd honestly rather play either of those than 5th edition, because it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But if you wanted to jump on the brand-new-edition bandwagon, you'd basically be learning it the same time everyone else is, since I don't think it's even been out a year yet? I think it came out in August, but don't quote me on that. That would give you a level playing field with "experienced" Dungeons & Dragons players smile

i like you mister smart a** 4laugh (or miss smart a**...?)

yeah i've noticed theres a bunch of different editions and it makes my head roll cause they're all so different, i'm not sure which one to look up or play or anything x.x then theres the whole character creation which also confuses the hell out of me...it's a lot of fun being confused and unsure where to really start razz i don't even have any of the books to begin with, i never found a reason since nobody to play with  

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 pm
Flames Burning Within
i like you mister smart a** 4laugh (or miss smart a**...?)

yeah i've noticed theres a bunch of different editions and it makes my head roll cause they're all so different, i'm not sure which one to look up or play or anything x.x then theres the whole character creation which also confuses the hell out of me...it's a lot of fun being confused and unsure where to really start razz i don't even have any of the books to begin with, i never found a reason since nobody to play with

Mister.

Ignore everything before 3rd edition. Just read what I typed above, and see which one 'sounds' interesting to you. I'll admit, an edition sounding good and actually being enjoyable may be two totally different things; but it will give you a direction of where to go first.

If you don't really care, I might offer to run a teeny tiny one-shot dungeon for you and Ms. Mik4ilah, to give you both a feel of what it's like. Yes, there are a lot of differences between editions, but there's a striking number of similarities in mechanics between them too. Play one, and you'll still have a leg-up for the other editions over someone who's never played before.

If you two are interested, that is.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces