Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Fool's Grove [4e] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:31 pm
The only consequences of Van's impromptu swim are the stares he receives from the animals he's trying to greet. The al-mi'rajes watch the warforged clamber up, but then go back to nibbling plants, entirely unperturbed, and apparently unable to understand what he's saying.

The kow had been satisfied to stare into space chewing its cud, or whatever bizarre fey cows chew, but the splash quickly attracted its bug-eyed stare. It, unlike the nearby bunnies, does not stop staring once the warforged is land-bound, but neither does it charge, or make any other aggressive movements, which is odd.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:15 am
Fawks laughs until his face is red and runs out of breath at the Warforged's plight. Once he gathers his breath and gets himself together he tells the group "This has been one of the most rewarding adventures I have ever been on and we haven't gotten any treasure yet.".  

Oshi the Killer

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:11 am
Apparently not understood, or simply not interesting to the creatures, Vanguard was sad with his single expression; just short of expressionless and voice entirely monotone. After a moment his attention turned to the large cow, and stared back at it a long moment.

Then he took a single long stride forward, and extended the same offer to it.

"I am Vanguard. Would you help us? They would like to know the way out."

It probably would have been a good time to stop trying, but at least no one could ever say Vanguard was a quitter. No, they'd have other things to say, which he remained completely oblivious to regardless of whether the barrier on the crossing also muffled sound as the one prior had.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:33 am
The kow snorts at Van grumpily, but continues to not move. You get the feeling it's waiting for something.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:40 am
"It wants you to enchant it first before butchering it. That's how quality feybeef is made!" Colbertron calls as he joins the others.  
SkyCore rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:08 am
Sora cracks his neck from side to side and spreads his arms out to gently motion for the rest of his teammates to stand aside. Taking a running start the Kenku execute a gorgeous maneuver of acrobatic perfection as he Danced, spun and flipped across the log. Landing on the other side of the Stream with some flare he turned and bowed to the 'audience.'

Quote:
Acrobatics Check: +11 (25) to cross the Log. So yeah, my bonus beats the DC of 10 so I think I make it...

SkyCore

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:12 am
((you don't need to roll if you beat the DC with your modifier. if that ever comes up again))

As sora bounds nimbly over the log behind Van, he notices a noise coming from behind the beanstalks. A sort of wet squelching, it's very faint.  
SkyCore rolled 3 20-sided dice: 19, 10, 1 Total: 30 (3-60)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:25 am
Trying to identify the nose he just heard, Sora begins using his mastery over mocking noses to call back to the strange sound.

Quote:
Perception Check: +9 (28) to find the sounds exact location.

Nature Check: +3 (13) to identify the sound.

Bluff Check: +12 (13) (Mimicry) to repeat the sound.

SkyCore

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:37 am
It's coming from behind the beanstalks. like, directly behind them. You don't really know what it is. Something moist, possibly squishy. As you mimic it, the noise doesn't sound like something that should come out of another creature's mouth.

One of the al-mi'rajes gives you a look you could swear involved a raised eyebrow before returning to its shoots at grasses.

While trying to look for the source of the noise, you do notice a black mole on top of the knoll, sticking out of its hole.  
Rain Yupa rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:37 pm
Smiling as his impromptu compatriots didn't go barreling across the log with crossbows blazing, he would stand and dust off his traveling robes. "See what a little peace will get you, friend Warforged?"

Using staff as a walking implement, he would approach the log, and attempt to cross as well.

Quote:
Acrobatics +0, then Athletics -1 if I fail

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:37 pm
I... I think I just broke Mercutio.

Well, it's been real, guys! See you in the afterlife!  
Psychofish rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:48 pm
((...should I be rolling strength or athletics check to pull him out? >_____>))

Vanguard did not really see what it had gotten him. He supposed they did not wish to fight, which was good. So a little bit.

No friends, but no fight.

His new-friend Brother did not fare so well though. Vanguard is taken aback as he seems to slip from the log almost before he steps onto it, and proceeds to swim much less ably than the steel bodied warforged. With expressionless haste, he steps to the water, kneels, and reaches to try and grab Mercutio and pull him away from a watery grave. Or a watery embarrassment at least. He seemed as oblivious to what grabbing him by the collar and hauling him out bodily would cause as he had to the entertainment his own slip had provided.

This was, you know. Assuming he didn't get carried off or go down like a rock beyond the warforged reach. Digging out his spear to hold out to the man would take quite a bit longer than just lunging to grab him after all.

[Strength: 1d20+4=21]
OR
[Athletics: 1d20+9=26]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:10 pm
The stream is only five feet deep, so while Mercutio will be thoroughly soaked by his fall off the log, and again as he manages to slip while attempting to clamber up the bank, he's within Van's reach once he gets to the bank. The warforged is then able to haul the damp holy man out with a mechanical show of strength.

With three of your number present the kow snorts again. It seems a bit more fidgety, it's bulging stare wandering over each of you, but it remains in place.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:39 pm
((Fun Fact: Geronimo died from passing out drunk face-down in a puddle!))

"Ah!" Brother Mercutio shouted as he attempted to cross, finding the log spinning beneath his feet! He kept pace with the spinning log for a good couple seconds before he slipped, and fell ribs-first onto the platform and into the river. Really, he PROBABLY would have managed to drown himself if he didn't get pulled up so quickly.

"Oi. Probably not the best semblance of grace, was it?" he would ask Vanguard, who held him up rather effortlessly. "Normally, I'm requested due to my quick tongue, not my quick feet. Talk about being out of your element, huh? Thanks!"

Looking down at his soaking robes, he seemed rather dismayed. More at himself, than his situation. "Will you look at me? The brotherhood would be having a field day right now if they saw me like this." He would shake his arms slightly, spraying droplets of water here and there.

Turning to look at the Kenku, he snorted. "I bet you've never been more glad to not be human."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:44 pm
"Bravo, bravo! A stunning show of heroism in the face of ineptitude!" Colbertron applauds with a clank clank clank, not having done a damn thing himself.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games