Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Lights of Orellic (Pathfinder Homebrew Open to All) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:08 pm
I was thinking either Sull or Merridan but then if I stay true to the original character's background that he is based off from he might have to be from Myrrade.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 pm
Kowsauni
I was thinking either Sull or Merridan but then if I stay true to the original character's background that he is based off from he might have to be from Myrrade.

All right. Any of those places are good for that kind of summoner, but especially Myrrade and Merridan. Sull, being so inhospitable, kind of gives a nature focused summoner a different kind of spin.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:46 pm
In his original incarnation he was a Half-elf who studied magic along side his twin sister at the college where their mother was a professor. So it would make sense him to be from the area known for its large city. One of his character motivations was he was beginning to develop romantic feelings towards his summon. This caused him to go on a quest to find someplace where he and his summon could explore their feelings for each other with judgment or persecution from society. Now, in this world, I don't know if that would mean him leaving the city to find more remote townships in the wilderness, or him leaving the more close minded countryside behind him to find a more open opened minded society in the city.

Speaking of which here is a picture of his sister (half-elf version) and her summon. His summon looks more akin to a cross between a harpy and a dark angel.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:58 pm
Kowsauni

Interesting. Was someone else playing the eidolon, self story telling, or was it up to me?  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 am
I was looking at this when it first went up, but I had too much on my plate at the time. However, most of the other games around here seem to have ground to a halt. So I think I'll read over your material here and roll up a character.

If you're still accepting that is, that's a rather lengthy roster you've got there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:37 am
iLL iNTENT
I was looking at this when it first went up, but I had too much on my plate at the time. However, most of the other games around here seem to have ground to a halt. So I think I'll read over your material here and roll up a character.

If you're still accepting that is, that's a rather lengthy roster you've got there.

It's fluctuating. Some of them are already dead/dormant. And some of the new characters coming in are up for posting with someone else (so it's not just essentially a one on one). That reminds me; I need to update that roster.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
iLL iNTENT rolled 16 6-sided dice: 2, 1, 6, 2, 5, 1, 1, 5, 4, 6, 1, 6, 3, 5, 5, 2 Total: 55 (16-96)

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:20 am
Thinking of doing a trolken or a gremlin. I don't see any on the roster yet, and they seem pretty neat. Not sure about much else other than that, so let's just see what these stat rolls look like

2, 1, 6, 2 = 10
5, 1, 1, 5 = 11
4, 6, 1, 6 = 16
3, 5, 5, 2 = 13
----
----
----  
iLL iNTENT rolled 12 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 5, 4, 5, 4, 1, 6, 6, 3, 2, 2 Total: 45 (12-72)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:22 am
Aaand rolling the last three stat rolls

2, 1, 6, 2 = 10
5, 1, 1, 5 = 11
4, 6, 1, 6 = 16
3, 5, 5, 2 = 13
1, 6, 5, 4 = 15
5, 4, 1, 6 = 15
6, 3, 2, 2 = 11  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:32 am
Hmm, I think I'd like to make a gremlin Artificer. I never even looked at the artificer before, being 3rd party content and all, and it seems...interesting.

I have a question though regarding weird science inventions. It doesn't say which ability the DCs are based off of. Do you think it would be whichever ability score is relevant to the class (Int for wizards, Wis for clerics and druids, Cha for sorcerers, etc) or would it be based on a primary stat for the Artificer, such as intelligence. It doesn't list a primary stat for the artificer, but intelligence seems like the most logical choice.

Also, may I start the game with the alotted number of inventions already built, or will I have to spend time in-game to build them?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:42 am
I've thought of a few follow-up questions since last night. Sorry for all the bother, I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right, since whoever wrote the class out wasn't very clear.

I assume the 'number of weird science inventions' chart shows how many spells I can imbue inventions with, rather than the actual number of inventions themselves? For example, at level two, I would have two spells to imbue into inventions, meaning I could have each spell in a separate invention, or put them both into the same one. (As opposed to having two inventions that I can imbue with as many level 1 spells as I'm willing to take the time for.)

Second, assuming that the chart represents the number of spells I have to imbue inventions with, (and assuming the DCs for my inventions are based on INT, regarding the question I asked last night) do I gain additional spells to imbue for having a high INT, like how other classes gain bonus spells from their primary ability scores?

And finally, does activating an invention provoke an attack of opportunity? This would be good to know, if say, I wanted to create a gauntlet with the Shocking Grasp ability.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:52 am
iLL iNTENT
I have a question though regarding weird science inventions. It doesn't say which ability the DCs are based off of. Do you think it would be whichever ability score is relevant to the class (Int for wizards, Wis for clerics and druids, Cha for sorcerers, etc) or would it be based on a primary stat for the Artificer, such as intelligence. It doesn't list a primary stat for the artificer, but intelligence seems like the most logical choice.

Also, may I start the game with the alotted number of inventions already built, or will I have to spend time in-game to build them?

I had to find a FAQ for this class when I was reviewing it. I can't find it again with just casual browsing at the moment. If I remember, one of the balancing factors was that the DC was supposed to be your lowest score so that the spell's power was lower even though you can craft higher level spells. I'm not sure though. I'll try to find it.

You can start with your devices, but if you start with them all, it limits what you may want to make later unless you deconstruct.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:02 pm
iLL iNTENT
I've thought of a few follow-up questions since last night. Sorry for all the bother, I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right, since whoever wrote the class out wasn't very clear.

I assume the 'number of weird science inventions' chart shows how many spells I can imbue inventions with, rather than the actual number of inventions themselves? For example, at level two, I would have two spells to imbue into inventions, meaning I could have each spell in a separate invention, or put them both into the same one. (As opposed to having two inventions that I can imbue with as many level 1 spells as I'm willing to take the time for.) YES

Second, assuming that the chart represents the number of spells I have to imbue inventions with, (and assuming the DCs for my inventions are based on INT, regarding the question I asked last night) do I gain additional spells to imbue for having a high INT, like how other classes gain bonus spells from their primary ability scores? Don't remember seeing, I'll keep looking.

And finally, does activating an invention provoke an attack of opportunity? This would be good to know, if say, I wanted to create a gauntlet with the Shocking Grasp ability. UMD doesn't use an action, it's part of the action to use whatever is being activated. If it provokes, it would be as a result of the type of attack being made. Ranged provokes, melee and touch do not.

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:55 pm
Thanks, I appreciate it. I guess I'll start cobbling the character together while I await the verdict regarding the DCs and bonus inventions.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:28 am
iLL iNTENT
Thanks, I appreciate it. I guess I'll start cobbling the character together while I await the verdict regarding the DCs and bonus inventions.

A: An Artificer uses the lowest possible DC when using their devices. It is treated the same as a magic item.

B: Even if I can't find whether or not Artificers get bonus spells in anything official, it appears I inadvertently answered the question already. The Myrradite favored class bonus for Artificer that I created is to give them bonus Int when determining their bonus spells imbued.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:08 am
WhimsicalXellos
iLL iNTENT

A: An Artificer uses the lowest possible DC when using their devices. It is treated the same as a magic item.

B: Even if I can't find whether or not Artificers get bonus spells in anything official, it appears I inadvertently answered the question already. The Myrradite favored class bonus for Artificer that I created is to give them bonus Int when determining their bonus spells imbued.

Aah, mkay, I got it now. Thanks, that should be everything I need.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff