Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[On Hold] Tomb of Horrors 4e (OPEN - 14 slots! 6-man!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:58 pm
Having two leaders is never a bad thing; if nothing else, its good having less to panic about if something bad happens to the other one. Otherwise, if the healer gets jumped and they're the only one, it turns into a conversation of "Well... did YOU train in Heal?" "Nope, took Intimidate. You?" "Nope, took History."

Plus, if bad things happen to more than two allies in the course of the battle and the lone healer didn't take enough healing powers, suddenly it becomes a matter of which ally you are willing to sacrifice. Not as much of an issue with two Leaders, and they allow the other to do stuff besides focus purely on healing :3  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:01 pm
CrazySopher
Dion Necurat
CrazySopher
Dion Necurat
CrazySopher
Was - and am still - considering. He's more than half-built now anyways. But I was looking at the party and it looks like we've got a lot of high-power melee without as much defense and/or leadership as could be required. Sure, we've got the Runepriest, don't get me wrong, but it's not like Wrathful Runepriests aren't exactly "bash you in the head" types anyways. I'd personally like a bit more defense and a bit more tacticalness, or someone who is REALLY FRIGGIN' TOUGH but doesn't need to do massive damage output. So, I'm looking at either Earthstrength Warden, Sword-and-board Fighter, some sort of Warlord, or a Courageous Bard. I'm leaning most towards the last one, because the character I'd play with him is someone I've had in my head for a looooooooong time. rofl

Edit: Or, maybe even a little bit of spiffy Warlock teleportation and control, or any plethora of other stuff. The close-area effect powers of an Invoker would do well here. Hell, so would another Paladin of any other sort, to be honest. There's a lot of I can do.

Go with a heal-happy bard. If you have the player strategy guide, it can give you some good advice on how to build one.
Was considering it, but we already have a leader so I don't need something too overly healy. Aside from that, we're also running a touch low on the defender side of things, which is why I'm considering Warlord or Con-based Bard, one of the two. Which would you guys prefer?

Edit: My first thought was Tac. Warlord, but... all those interrupts, out-of-turn movements and stuff, that gets rather bulky on post-by-post. I'll still do it, and gladly, but does anyone else want anything? Say it now or forever hold your peace, yeah?

Actually, considering the Runepriest is more of a buff-giver than a healer, having a heal-happy leader would be a great benefit.
Oh. Well, lemme roll up something healy then. Bard or Cleric it is. Although I won't go -full- healer. We still need some Defender, and having two Leaders in the party would balance out the healing enough, methinks.

You're in luck: I'm doubling on Defender duty.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:05 pm
Dion Necurat
CrazySopher
Dion Necurat
CrazySopher
Dion Necurat
CrazySopher
Was - and am still - considering. He's more than half-built now anyways. But I was looking at the party and it looks like we've got a lot of high-power melee without as much defense and/or leadership as could be required. Sure, we've got the Runepriest, don't get me wrong, but it's not like Wrathful Runepriests aren't exactly "bash you in the head" types anyways. I'd personally like a bit more defense and a bit more tacticalness, or someone who is REALLY FRIGGIN' TOUGH but doesn't need to do massive damage output. So, I'm looking at either Earthstrength Warden, Sword-and-board Fighter, some sort of Warlord, or a Courageous Bard. I'm leaning most towards the last one, because the character I'd play with him is someone I've had in my head for a looooooooong time. rofl

Edit: Or, maybe even a little bit of spiffy Warlock teleportation and control, or any plethora of other stuff. The close-area effect powers of an Invoker would do well here. Hell, so would another Paladin of any other sort, to be honest. There's a lot of I can do.

Go with a heal-happy bard. If you have the player strategy guide, it can give you some good advice on how to build one.
Was considering it, but we already have a leader so I don't need something too overly healy. Aside from that, we're also running a touch low on the defender side of things, which is why I'm considering Warlord or Con-based Bard, one of the two. Which would you guys prefer?

Edit: My first thought was Tac. Warlord, but... all those interrupts, out-of-turn movements and stuff, that gets rather bulky on post-by-post. I'll still do it, and gladly, but does anyone else want anything? Say it now or forever hold your peace, yeah?

Actually, considering the Runepriest is more of a buff-giver than a healer, having a heal-happy leader would be a great benefit.
Oh. Well, lemme roll up something healy then. Bard or Cleric it is. Although I won't go -full- healer. We still need some Defender, and having two Leaders in the party would balance out the healing enough, methinks.

You're in luck: I'm doubling on Defender duty.
Ahh. See, there I was, about to make a Tac Warlord without seeing that first. I'm rolling up a Cleric then. He's gonna be pretty Defensive/Healy based, I think. Even then, making a Cleric that doesn't heal well is sort of like trying to throw a rock at the ground and then missing it entirely.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:52 pm
Despite being apathetically Agnostic to the point of being borderline Atheist, belief in the existence of no higher powers takes arguably as much belief as blind faith in a 'godlike' being, Merc has always found Clerics(Priests) to be a favorite class. AD&D, back as a kid, Evercrack, WoW, etc., it doesn't really matter. For that reason, one vote Cleric.  

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:47 pm
Rain Yupa
Here's my character, sans flavor text:

Eros Reese, Human Avenger of Love

Fleshing out will come after shower and food.

EDIT: I want permission if I can have it, to make a SLIGHT tweak to the rules of Avengers, concerning alignment. Avengers normally must be unaligned, OR follow the exact alignment of their deity. Sehanine is Unaligned, but Eros is more Good than Unaligned, by design. Is it fine if I make him Good instead?
Fine by me ...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:39 pm
CrazySopher
scream Ok. If I don't get my character in tonight, I want one of you - any one of you, doesn't matter who - to smack me across the face with something funny, so it'll sting but I can laugh about it later.

...also. Somehow, that's a glorious - potentially terrible, but glorious - idea, Rain.
*clubs you across the face with a baby seal*  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:46 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson
CrazySopher
scream Ok. If I don't get my character in tonight, I want one of you - any one of you, doesn't matter who - to smack me across the face with something funny, so it'll sting but I can laugh about it later.

...also. Somehow, that's a glorious - potentially terrible, but glorious - idea, Rain.

The night is still young.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:55 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson
CrazySopher

OH GOD, IT STINGS! THE IRONY STINGS!

Nah, I'm still working on the sheet. Don't worry, it'll get posted.  

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:30 pm
CrazySopher
Wolfram Asher Davidson
CrazySopher

OH GOD, IT STINGS! THE IRONY STINGS!

Nah, I'm still working on the sheet. Don't worry, it'll get posted.
Practicing. *wields the seal*

: P  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:39 pm
Seal of disapproval?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:20 am
Rain Yupa
Arc Vembris
Strictly speaking, the alignment requirement is for your divine character at the time of your ordination. You can drift after that, and the only real enforcement is from the social structure of your church. Other Sehaniners might think of you as misguided, or possibly a wuss. Sehanine values eschewing extremes of morality and appreciating the grey spaces in decision-making(as Kraelin might tell you).

Hadn't really thought of a PP yet, have to look into that

I've always looked at Sehanine as embracing the more traditional, artistic, beautiful aspects of love (probably due to her connections with Corellon). Whereas, Avandra as the representative of doing whatever the heck you want. Eros is a classy guy (or at least, he thinks himself as one) and fights for the right for people to be able to follow their hearts and dreams.

I still have trouble of seeing Unaligned as anything BUT True Neutral (albeit with looser guidelines), which is not how he rolls (roles?).

He's fine with Kraelin and other followers of Sehanine looking down at him. He's not fighting for their sakes, after all. Their hearts are already given to the goddess of the moon, and have no need avenging :3

Kraelin really doesn't care. He's a unique snowflake that way, he doesn't care one way or the other how you keep house, he just lives the code for himself. And even then he thinks of Sehanine as the woman who done screwed me over. Kraelin embodies the fickle and ever-changing nature of Sehanine.

This is what I love about the unaligned gods in the game, about how they can be interpreted in so many different ways.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:15 am
and I'm considering Questing Knight. Belessunu's not much of a slayer type and I'd just need a quest to discover the secrets of the Tomb of Horrors.

Or maybe I should take a look at Ardent paths.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:31 am
Believe me, you guys would get bonus quests anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:32 am
Rain Yupa
Seal of disapproval?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:12 am
*clubs the poor guy upside the face again ... with a dance floor*

whee  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games