Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
TM1 - A Snagem Siesta in Paldea [Complete/Free Posting] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:11 pm
Aria would watch as this massive Pokemon fell over from the combination of attacks before she and Billy had managed to participate, the Belch flying high and wide through the foliage nearby. Slowly reorienting herself and looking around at the gathered Snagems, she figured now might be the time for them all to come together and determine what exactly they had just done as a group. And as she watched Ter immediately walk away at the first mention of this being a potential issue, Aria could only sigh to herself. "Welp. Let's see if we can figure out what exactly this thing even is." Aira told Larrimore, quickly pulling open her SNAG and seeing if she could grab a local signal for internet connection. "I'm checking Iono's streams. Maybe we get lucky and this thing makes an appearance? And then, if we just accidentally did something illegal, we blame blondie."

Looking at Larrimore's stammering, she would add. "Also, if we need to tell anyone about this, I'll do the talking. No need to put you under any more stress than necessary with how nervous you are."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:12 pm
Still off some distance away, Sol's flight brought him close enough for a bird's eye view (ha) of what seemed to have gone down thanks to the Castform's Sunny Day. It gave just enough light for him to see what looked like several of the others and their Pokemon, as well as a much larger Pokemon that'd just been taken out. He couldn't help giving a laugh to himself after a moment, having a good idea of what must've happened as he started to make a descent.

---

"That went easier than I'd thought..." Cera remarked as the Tentacruel went down, the Fire and Ice moves being much more effective than what should've worked otherwise. The sandstorm would still linger for now thanks to Kiri, who looked at Cera briefly as she stepped forward and focused. The transformation still blunted her abilities somewhat, so it took longer for her to get a better read now that she wasn't in crisis mode. Once she did, she opened her eyes to give a confused look. "Those energies don't line up at any rate... they definitely don't match any Tentacruel I've seen, and we'd have probably seen a shadow move by now if they were infected."

Around this time was when Sol had landed near the others, looking to them before the fallen Pokemon. And, as he turned, he laughed again. "That's because the Pokedex is correct, it's not a Tentacruel and you'll be hard-pressed to find them in Paldea. What you have found is their convergent evolutionary cousin, Toedscruel- and a shiny one no less, always wondered what those looked like-" He'd cut his sentence off to laugh even more, finding the situation more humorous than anyone else, but he'd clear his throat and return to some modicum of professionalism. "...right. Anyways, they're Grass and Ground-types and almost certainly not infected, especially with the scents from any Immunizers in the air. That Mewtwo of Ein's was truly one of a kind, and the findings we've made confirm even the most advanced variants don't cause any physical changes. Furthermore, Paldea seems to have kept the Shadow Virus under relative control."

"Could you, yanno, not laugh at us?" Cera asked, unamused and trying to get over her earlier panic. Her Tyranitar wound narrow her eyes too, otherwise still trying to make heads or tails of the situation too.

"Sorry, sorry, it's just. All these years and I can finally put the embarrassment of getting slipped up by a 'blue Toedscruel' behind me. But that's besides the point. Even with factoring them being more at home in forests than deserts, they should be alright by morning despite how badly hurt they look. My suggestion is we go back to the hotel, get what rest we can, and check on them in the morning. They'll be hard to miss with their size. Worst case, we have to delay the desert trip to get them to someone who can look at them."

"Er, if they look that bad, shouldn't we be getting them to a Pokemon Center now then?" Cera asked, figuring it being night would make things easier on them.

"Maybe, but that's not us. If we can sweep this under the rug and avoid a scene, it'd be better for us. It'll be smarter to simply return to the hotel." Sol would be quick to get a running start and move to fly back to town, leaving everyone as quickly as he arrived.

"I guess that makes sense, but..." Cera remarked, recalling Kiri and unsure of how else to respond. "...fine, yeah." She'd start back herself after a bit, once the sand fully died down.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

DeoLux

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:57 am
"Wait... Toedscruel???" Deo would say out of confusion. He had never seen this and would not think of an alternate to the tentecruel. It then hit him, add this to the pokedex. Holding up the SNAG to encompass the Toadscruel and would say with a hint of confusion in him. "GRAY, might you be so kind to add this Toedscruel to the Pokedex please?" he would ask and hold the SNAG machine up to scan this strange pokemon, of which he wondered "why would this attack innocents when not shadowfied?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:03 am
Crystal looked back and forth between the others and the familiar Pokemon behind them, trying to wrap her head around it all. This Pokemon certainly looked the part superficially, but the small details rubbed her the wrong way. Especially where this guy was immune to the electric attacks thrown its way. Finally, when Sol showed up, her ears went flat against her head in annoyance. “Wait. So, you’re telling me it’s not even in the same genus as Tentacruel? I don’t… We just beat up a random Pokemon over mistaken identity. Lovely.” She recalled Donne and pinched the bridge of her nose, sighing. “Yeah, I’m all for getting the heck out of dodge,” she muttered, still annoyed now about fretting over apparently nothing.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:14 am
Wren recalled Hellebore before he had the chance to begin rampaging. That second round of attacks went much faster than expected but the two attacks that did hit before it went down all but confirmed his suspicions. He was trying to decided if someone should try catching this Pokémon for study when Sol arrived and announced that he knew what it was. “Toedscruel, huh?” He questioned aloud, wondering for a moment if catching it would be a good idea after all. If there was nothing wrong with it, Sol was probably right about leaving it alone and checking on it in the morning. If it was still here then, he decided, he would try to catch it.

“Convergent evolution…” he muttered to himself as he began to walk back to the hotel. “I feel like I’ve heard that term before…” Upon reaching his hotel room, he pulled out the Pokemon Encyclopedia he’d bought at the market and looked through the first few pages. “Here it is!”

“Paldea is home to a unique form of Pokemon not seen in other parts of the world as of the time of this publication known as Convergent Evolution; Pokemon that have evolved in entirely different environments yet almost perfectly match the physiology of an unrelated species.”

Reading the entry in the book’s foreword, he scratched at the side of his head with a bit of amusement. “That’s an interesting piece of information.” He’d put the book away for the night after that and crawled back into bed.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:01 pm
Freth could only stare at Larrimore for a moment, slowly closing her eyes and exhaling a slow breath. "Larrimore...next time, unless you see a Shadow Attack, an ACTUAL Shadow Attack, don't call. We just ganged up on a Pokemon effectively for no reason." She said. Part of her can't be entirely upset; this was precisely the reason why a vacation was needed. But then, that would involve those...to actually relax. Larrimore is...probably not used to this...

Tristen would perk up, staring in confusion. "Wait, we're just going to leave this thing here? Just like that?" Tristen couldn't really agree to it and started his way over to the Toedscruel to get it back on its feet...tentacles...whatever, at least good enough to go back to whatever den or wherever it might live.

"Don't take too long with that, Tristen, and be careful, will you? Come on, Absol..." Freth would then make her way off, taking out her SNAG, making a call out.

"Blizzard."

"False alarm. Larrimore instigated a case of mistaken identity. Mistook a Paldean Pokemon for being shadow."

"Are you serious? How?"

"It looked like a Tentacruel somewhat, but its at the very least a Ground type that we can tell. And it was apparently a Shiny Pokemon, too, according to Sol. Speaking of, he got a laugh out of it."

"I bet he did."

"What about with you? Any commotion wondering what was going on?"

"No, not really. Which is fine by me."

"See you back at the room, then."  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:24 pm
Watching as a few of the gathered Snagems took the hint from Sol that perhaps this situation was best handled in the light of day rather than in a panic in the middle of the night, Aria decided it was best she usurp leadership from the errant knight beside her. “Okay, everyone. You heard our legal expert there. If birdman says we stay clear and see how things go, that is what we do.” Aria announced, quickly moving over to Deo and Darts and giving them both a swift nudge to get the two hybrids moving along. Hopefully the two tallest members of Snagem moving to go back to the hotel at that moment would be a signal to the rest of the Snagems who were still hanging around it was time to go. Once she was certain that things were moving, the woman carefully slid into position beside Larrimore to give a comforting pat on the shoulder.

"Thanks, Aria." Larrimore muttered, preparing (in Aria's eyes) some self-deprecating speech about his screw-up and atoning for it. An effort that was immediately stymied as her hand clamped down onto the hybrid's shoulder. "....what are you doing?"

A sickeningly sweet smile crept across Aria's face at the question. "Why, I'm just making sure that chivalric spirit doesn't make you do anything hasty like needlessly report us to the cops." Giving a slight jab into the ribs of this former knight of La Ruche,she gestured towards the hotel.

Deciding it would be simpler to relent rather than attempt negotiations in his current state of emotional distress, Larrimore and Aria set off back to the hotel to hopefully let this all blow over.

-------

The rest of the night would be uneventful for the team, their one sole red alert fading into the background as just some wacky event that they would encounter a multitude of throughout their little vacation in Paldea. Perhaps next would be some chase across the desert as some mysterious new Pokemon rose from the desert? Finding a field of new Pokemon commingling in new and foreign ways to what they were used to? No matter what, it would be a new day and a new adventure in the morning.

So naturally, as the earliest risers of Snagem came to this bright new morning, they would find a strange muted rhythm ringing through the air as they woke up. Maybe there was a festival in town? Would be something interesting to see. And to those who indulged their curiosity, whether by going to the lobby or simply opening a window would be greeted with the sound of chanting. “Justicia para Ferdinand!” was what rang through the morning air as a group of locals with a few signs showing images of a shiny Toedscruel and a few grainy shots of people coming back to this hotel. And when the Snagems eventually arrived in the lobby, the small mob would find a target and quickly descend with a flurry of cries over the Toedscruel. But given it was mostly very irate locals, any of the accosted Snagems were liable to need a translation to understand what was going on beyond their actions last night being found out.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:34 pm
Deo left after being bugged and went to sleep back at the hotel with good thoughts and reminding himself that he needed to sleep for rest and tomorrow would be better.
Was he wrong
That morning he woke up to the sound of a riot outside over the pokemon that attacked them. He quickly went from confused to riot police mode. Reaching in his bag for a blunt object and found none. He knew that they were furious and he went to the lobby ready (after a shower and morning routine), he then stood tall and mighty and started emitting the look of intimidation a Cop would have as he would stand to defend his team from the riot that was going to attack them, for what? A angry Toedscruel???  

DeoLux

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:51 pm
"Hey, get up, Keiko said sternly as she shook me awake. I struggled for a bit, but eventually sat up. "What," I yawned.

"Do you know anything about this?" Keiko asked, opening the window in our hotel room. Immediately, a chorus of outrage echoed off the walls, punching out whatever vestiges of sleep held onto my body.

Of course, I had no idea what the raging voices were actually saying, so I stood up and walked to the window. "~/~," I spat when I recognized the images of a black Tentacruel-looking Pokemon.

Keiko stood nearby, expecting an answer. "Larrimore sent a message about a Shadow Pokemon last night," I explained. "Because it was the middle of the night, we didn't figure out it wasn't infected until we made it faint."

"Ugh," Keiko facepalmed, but before she could say anything, I was already headed out the door.

~*~

"I should have given it a Max Revive before I left," I grumbled as I head toward the lobby. What I found when I got there both surprised and annoyed me. "Deo, back down," I ordered sternly, waving the hybrid away. "We're at fault, here, you're only going to make things worse."

I approached the crowd, hoping that Deo walked behind me so he wouldn't start an actual riot. "Okay, forgive us, because we're new, here, but we didn't know Tentacruel could be that color. One of our member thought it was infected with the Shadow Virus, and we made it faint to prevent that virus from spreading. We only found out it wasn't infected after it fainted. We were wrong, and we're sorry," I said in a loud tone so as many could hear me as possible. After saying that, I looked to Deo. "Aren't we, Deo?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:57 pm
"We did not know of the pokemon having no trace of the shadow virus" he would say to Terashi, and he then quickly with a snap of the head as if he was at attention. "However, we are in danger, the crowd is hostile and the intent is to harm" he would also reply. He then looked to the crowd and they saw he was not going to budge, nor be budged. Yelling in a commanding tone and making sure the crowd heard him. "Attention! You are showing hostility to us for a mistake we made! If your going to attack them, go through me first!!" he would then position for self defense and his mission is now defend.  

DeoLux

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:01 pm
DeoLux
"We did not know of the pokemon having no trace of the shadow virus" he would say to Terashi, and he then quickly with a snap of the head as if he was at attention. "However, we are in danger, the crowd is hostile and the intent is to harm" he would also reply. He then looked to the crowd and they saw he was not going to budge, nor be budged. Yelling in a commanding tone and making sure the crowd heard him. "Attention! You are showing hostility to us for a mistake we made! If your going to attack them, go through me first!!" he would then position for self defense and his mission is now defend.
"Deo, you are literally going to inspire them to attack us if you keep being aggressive like that, I tried to explain to the hybrid."You are not helping to de-escalate the problem. We need to be apologetic, we're in the wrong, here!"

I positioned myself in front of Deo, trying to get him to be less aggressive to a group that was only angry at us because of a mistake we made. I didn't want him making the situation worse.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:07 pm
Not acknowledging Terashi, he would remain calm and defensive, not even looking at his teammate trying to make him back down. Deo remembered his training as a police officer. He was told to never back down. He was pushed around when he was a child and he was tired of being pushed. Deo was bullied so much, and his sense of justice being done was why he became a cop. He was indeed out of his jurisdiction. He was not going to throw the first swing though, he would throw the last and he would not let anyone near his team, despite him being in the wrong. He wasn't a cop, but he is not backing down.  

DeoLux

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:10 pm
I shook my head at Deo and turned around to face the crowd, waiting for their response. I'd already stated what the situation was, and didn't have much else to add to on my own, as I only played a part in what happened the night before.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:55 pm
The night after they all returned from their little escapade, Crystal would merely sit and meditate in her room. She felt oddly uncomfortable laying in a normal bed now that she had regular access to one, and she didn’t like how if she laid on one for a standard amount of human sleep time, she’d leave a rather noticeable indent where she laid. She wasn’t interested in their miserly leader paying more than they needed to. Once morning began to break, she’d stand up and stretch out, taking a peek out the window to see a slowly growing crowd of people. At that moment, they all seemed to be discussing things amongst themselves, though it seemed a bit odd that they’d all be doing it infront of a hotel. Oh well. She’d kill some more time by taking out a journal and writing in it, documenting the events of the past day inside before getting ready to meet up with the others again.

When she finally arrived downstairs, her ears fell at the sight that was in front of her. A raucous crowd apparently angry that their giant Toedscruel had been harmed for no good reason, judging by the signs and the angry shouting. Hopefully her cognate assumption wouldn’t be wrong here, also. “Welp. That explains the crowd earlier.” She then looked at the couple of members standing in front of the protesters and sighed. One of them was trying to shove them off. Great. Stretching her neck from side to side, she’d walk forward until the Solgaleo hybrid was standing next to the giant Luxray hybrid. “Deo, calm down just a little bit. I’m sure Paldea, like most regions in the world, allow the expression of free speech,” she’d calmly say to him, fully expecting his giant ears to be able to pick up her voice over the cacophony of people. “None of these people look like they’re armed and ready to throw things at us, and even if they were, they might be able to use the excuse of feeling threatened to try to attack us. So please, calm down. Look strong, sure, but do not look like you’re ready to attack, please. That sort of thing will only serve to create a powder keg.”

With that said, she’d turn to face the currently relatively peaceful mob and put her hands up, raising her voice to be heard over the crowd. “Our apologies, my friends and I, we’re not terribly familiar with the fauna of the region yet, as most of us have never been here before. One of our number went out in the middle of the night and encountered your Ferdinand, I assume, and based on its appearances and our past experience with Shadow Pokémon, incorrectly assumed what it was. I promise, our intention was not to attack such a notable Pokémon in the region. I do hope you can forgive our ignorance,” she’d conclude, following with a deep bow with her hands held together in front of her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aile stretched as she woke up, letting out a huge yawn in the process. She hadn’t tossed and turned much at least, noting her artifact pieces were relatively near where she left them. That was good, at least. Still was tired though, even after she got a good night’s sleep. Whatever, though, some coffee could probably help. She’d run her hand through her hair to just briefly get some appearance of brushing it, before changing her clothes and packing everything up, double checking everything before walking out of her room and leaving the key card on the table.

As the woman got downstairs herself, she’d stare at the crowd in the lobby, as well as some of the Snagems attempting to defuse the situation. With this, she finally decided to check her SNAG, seeing the unread message from Larrimore and gave a deadpan stare at it. s**t. Whatever happened to cause Larry to send that message had to have been the root cause of all of this. And she was not ready for any of this yet. With a look of annoyance on her face, she’d turn the opposite way from the Snagems and go find where they were having breakfast. She had a feeling she’d need the coffee at this point. Maybe something stronger if she could get it, too.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:19 pm
The trip back to the hotel would be relatively uneventful for Sol and Cera, both of them getting in and back to their respective rooms. For Sol, this also meant that as soon as he got back to his room, he'd be greeted by the TV blaring some music and showing a credits reel.

"Perdão? Do you run on a Rotom?" He asked the TV, walking over and tapping it a few times to see if it'd give a jolt to any unintended inhabitant. Nothing happened from his percussive maintenance apart from revealing that, no, this wasn't one of those 'smart' TVs with a Rotom inside. It was, however, still very much on and doing what it was designed to do, taunting hybrids wishing to turn it off aside. Shaking his head, he turned it off again and waited a few minutes to make sure it stayed off. When it seemed to, even after he walked to the bed and turned around to make sure it wasn't going to prove him wrong, he'd lay down and go back to sleep.

---

Cera wouldn't quite have the same luxury when she got back to the hotel and in her room, seeing bits of eggshell all over the bed with some crying, walking olive where the egg was, sitting on the last remains of it that hadn't found its way elsewhere. "Wha... what is this weird, crying olive...?" She asked, reverting back when she looked at the soaked sheets. Having an idea of the cause and not wanting to challenge if it was from anything else, she sighed and relegated herself to the floor after gently moving the newly hatched Pokemon over to herself.

"There, there... it's alright, you're safe now- ...why are you so oily?" Something told her this was going to be a long night now.

Reno Vantas

"Justicia para Ferdinand!"

Sol stirred from the combination of the morning light coming through the window and the chanting he heard shortly after, getting up to see Buzzwole out of their ball again and now holding the TV in their hands- which was somehow on, yet again, refusing to simply turn off. "How.... ugh, Buzzwole just turn that off and stay here for now." He'd be quick to make his way down towards the lobby, he, Cera and Aden getting there just in time for the irate locals to latch on to the responsible party.

"...justice for Ferdinand? Why do I feel like I heard that name before?" He asked himself, looking at the others as they funneled in before suddenly digging into a pocket to take out a pamphlet. "...while on the desert tour, you might catch a sighting of our local gentle giant Ferdinand... oh." Lowering the pamphlet and looking to the signs, Sol quickly came to a realization about last night. "Right the pamphlet talked about a giant Toedscruel in the desert and Sub also thought it was a Tentacruel. I do believe brushing the incident under the rug has failed, everyone."

"Oh great..." Cera remarked, glad she decided to transform again before coming down and looking ragged. The weird olive Pokemon in her arms started crying again from the gaggle of loud noises, quickly overwhelmed and overstimulated. Upon hearing Deo's remarks, though, she gave him a side glance and opened her mouth, only to briefly close it when Crystal spoke up. "...what she said. Besides, this team's been wanted before and I apprehended them once."

"Allow me to extend the same apologies. I wasn't able to diffuse and correct the others in a timely manner. We planned to check on... Ferdinand? We were going to make sure they were alright in the morning. I assure you, the others wouldn't attack it for no reason, mistake or otherwise. Er, se pudéssemos fazer as pazes, we'd be fine with that, wouldn't we?" Sol added, hoping to find some way of diffusing things when the team made an honest mistake that didn't need to end in their heads on pikes.

"Uh, what the hell happened?" Aden asked, finally managing to process that something went down and checking his SNAG, seeing a message had gone unread. "...oh for- please tell me the Pokemon launched the first attack at least." He had a feeling that wasn't the case, shaking his head and trying to slowly dip away to at least get something to eat before the rest of things hit the fan.

Amaranth, despite the commotion was somehow in her room still, trying to study what she could on her SNAG about the artifacts on her and not getting terribly far. Whatever was going on, she hoped to stay out of it, even if it didn't seem it'd just blow over.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff