Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Actors in History (Sandbox D&D 3.5 Game)(Open/accepting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
purest_heart
Southern Cross Nemesis
Speaking of which, would it be alright if I was allowed to do two characters? I mean one for the game, and one for playtest. This way I can help start the game...
Play as many characters as you want. I was going to have the playtests (besides the soilder) be separate anyway.

I thought, you wanted me to enter late...
Why'd you think that? I need at least 3 players to get started.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:50 pm
loth17
Roilvn Whiro
loth17
purest_heart
Roilvn Whiro
+3
Ahh that blows for you. You sure you don't have a higher plus?

What was that pluss for
Contacts: Once per week per bonus point of the ability you have the chance to pull some strings in order to gain some advantage or obtain some information. You make a contact roll, 1d20+Cha+Contact bonus. The DC to beat depends on the kind of favor you are requesting, as follows:

DC 10 – Simple request: Obtain information regarding matters not known to the common public.

DC 15 – Average request: Obtain secret information (for example, a secret entrance to the castle), obtain simple aid (for example, obtain lodging for one night).

DC 20 – Difficult request: Obtain information that risks the life of the informer, obtain more complex aid (for example, a loan).

DC 25 – Illegal request: Obtain information that is forbidden and may attract the interest of powerful individuals, obtain a forbidden item, request aid to assassinate, etc.

The DM should determine the DC according to the request, and must take into account the availability of contacts (for example, finding a contact in a desert is close to impossible and the DM might disallow it). The contacts ability may in no way enable a player to circumvent adventuring. At lvl 1 you get a +1 Contacts bonus, and then at lvl 11 and 17 you get a +2 and +3 respectively.

Connections...Couldnt you just punch someone in the face till they tell you stuff?
Not If we wish to use it again.  

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:50 pm
loth17
Roilvn Whiro
loth17
purest_heart
Roilvn Whiro
+3

What was that pluss for
Contacts: Once per week per bonus point of the ability you have the chance to pull some strings in order to gain some advantage or obtain some information. You make a contact roll, 1d20+Cha+Contact bonus. The DC to beat depends on the kind of favor you are requesting, as follows:

DC 10 – Simple request: Obtain information regarding matters not known to the common public.

DC 15 – Average request: Obtain secret information (for example, a secret entrance to the castle), obtain simple aid (for example, obtain lodging for one night).

DC 20 – Difficult request: Obtain information that risks the life of the informer, obtain more complex aid (for example, a loan).

DC 25 – Illegal request: Obtain information that is forbidden and may attract the interest of powerful individuals, obtain a forbidden item, request aid to assassinate, etc.

The DM should determine the DC according to the request, and must take into account the availability of contacts (for example, finding a contact in a desert is close to impossible and the DM might disallow it). The contacts ability may in no way enable a player to circumvent adventuring. At lvl 1 you get a +1 Contacts bonus, and then at lvl 11 and 17 you get a +2 and +3 respectively.

Connections...Couldnt you just punch someone in the face till they tell you stuff?
That would be Intimidate.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:55 pm
purest_heart
Southern Cross Nemesis
purest_heart
Southern Cross Nemesis
Speaking of which, would it be alright if I was allowed to do two characters? I mean one for the game, and one for playtest. This way I can help start the game...
Play as many characters as you want. I was going to have the playtests (besides the soilder) be separate anyway.

purest_heart
This would be more a tangent thing. After playtest he may be able to play in the main group with them.

^^^ That is why, I miss understood that statement  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:56 pm
Roilvn Whiro
loth17
Roilvn Whiro
loth17
purest_heart
Roilvn Whiro
+3

What was that pluss for

Not If we wish to use it again.

Make sure to remember which alleyway you dropped their unconscious body off at  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:06 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
purest_heart
Southern Cross Nemesis
purest_heart
Southern Cross Nemesis

purest_heart
This would be more a tangent thing. After playtest he may be able to play in the main group with them.

^^^ That is why, I miss understood that statement

The plan:

You play what you want for this game and I'll make a game thread or a Roll20 campaign room for us to playtest your stuff. I've got a few ideas on how to run a playtest for your stuff that won't greatly effect the outer world while still leaving it open that you could go out and play around with those characters in the main world later if we determined that they were balanced enough.

Edit: Whoops wrong guy for solider playtest heh, been a week  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:48 pm
what is everyone?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:53 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
what is everyone?
Merchant  

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:58 pm
Loth is a Warblade.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:45 pm
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=438231

And done. All money spend. Ready to set out.  

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:58 pm
May want to list your Carriages/carts.
Edit: Also, HP.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:19 pm
purest_heart
are we maxing HP?  

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:34 pm
Roilvn Whiro
purest_heart
are we maxing HP?
Only for 1st level.  
The Shade of Casin rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:37 pm
purest_heart
Roilvn Whiro
purest_heart
are we maxing HP?
Only for 1st level.

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:43 pm
Roilvn Whiro
purest_heart
Roilvn Whiro
purest_heart
are we maxing HP?
Only for 1st level.
Wow Dice hate you today.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games