Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pokémon] The Return of the Rockets [Slots Available] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:54 pm
Ok, added a few more sentences here and there...part of the problem is, I suck at writing in first person lol. But that kind of format doesn't lend itself well to third person either.

Quote:
Rocket Entrance Exam

Name: Tristana Eckeheart

Why did you decide to take this test?
Well, I come from a long line of Rockets, and although they said I could wait a few more years if I wanted, I decided to start early. Why waste time when I know what I need to do?

What makes you Rocket material?
Aside from growing up knowing Team Rocket, I'm willing to do anything I have to to achieve my goals. Which would be your goals. I mean, you know that, I'm just saying....

Oh, I'm also good at going unnoticed, and getting in and out of places. I’m the youngest of a number of siblings, so I had to work to avoid them. I’m very good at acting, and hiding my expressions. The few times I’ve worked with pokemon, they seem to like me, and don’t mind following my orders.

Time for a background check. Anything we should know?
Nothing important. I grew up in Johto, in Ecruteak. Most of the family on my dad's side are Rocket legacies, and that's where my dad met my mom, although she's a first generation Rocket. I had a fairly uneventful childhood (aside from one encounter with my dad's Arbok that I'd rather not talk about), and I spent a short time traveling last year, just to better acquaint myself with the region. I used to have a pet Sunkern, but my parents sold it, so I borrowed a friend’s pokemon (my parents didn’t want me walking around with one of their stronger ones), a Sentret. I learned a lot, but it was more of a sightseeing trip than a trainer journey.

Describe how you look, since our camera is broken.
Kinda short, mousy brown hair to my shoulders, and green eyes. A lot of people ask if I'm someone else; apparently I have a very common face. Normally I have fair skin, but my recent travels left me with a slight tan.

What are your team skills? People skills?
I don't mind following orders, but I won't stand there and do nothing if everyone else is. So I have a bit of initiative, I guess. I adapt well to working with different kinds of people, and don't cause trouble in groups. I’m good at hiding my feelings, so I can put aside any issues I have with people or a situation in order to get the job done.

How much experience do you have? Any badges? Ribbons?
I did get a ribbon with my old Sunkern during a vacation to Hoenn, but that was just on a whim.

If you could choose, which region would you prefer to work in?
I grew up, and have traveled around Johto, but I wouldn't mind working in other regions.

Do you have a type preference? Do you have a type you can't stand?
I have a bit of an affinity for what people call the "darker" types, ghost, psychic, and dark. I'm not sure why, but they seem to like me the most. It's funny, my dad had a ghastly that would follow me around whenever he was home. Creeped my mom out sometimes.

I'd prefer to stay away from poison, though...(again, I'd rather not talk about it)

If that's still not good, I'll try to fix it up more.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:58 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Vorastrix

well, i have some ideas worked out, but one thing that i need a clarification for: what exactly happens with Pokemon Possessions? I haven't read the Manga, so I'm not to clear on this, but what are they able to do when they possess you?

Mostly suck out your energy, but they can use mind-control as well.
Gastly is usually in the grave towers and can possess dead Pokémon.

so, then, when they possess people, can they speak through them and control their actions through mind control? or are they still only able to say their name?...or is that something different in the Manga, because i always found it weird that even after they had the technology they didn't have the pokemon say their names in the new games.  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:19 am
Vorastrix

so, then, when they possess people, can they speak through them and control their actions through mind control? or are they still only able to say their name?...or is that something different in the Manga, because i always found it weird that even after they had the technology they didn't have the pokemon say their names in the new games.

Pokémon can't speak human. I prefer the game noises, although saying the names is probably better RP-wise.
I'm going to say, for now, that they are limited to simple instructions. I don't need ghosts god-modding my RP. o^o Stupid ghosts.

KytanaTheThief

You don't get your starter until after you get accepted into Team Rocket.

I find it interesting that your character seems to have little to no drive. It feels as though they have absolutely no incentive and are prone to wanderlust.
Did their parents not motivate them/force onto them the ideals of Team Rocket?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:31 am
xX_Terei_Xx
[
You don't get your starter until after you get accepted into Team Rocket.

I find it interesting that your character seems to have little to no drive. It feels as though they have absolutely no incentive and are prone to wanderlust.
Did their parents not motivate them/force onto them the ideals of Team Rocket?

Where did I say she had a starter? All the pokemon I ever showed her working with was explained away.

As for the drive, that's part of the issue with the first-person deal for me. I can't very well have her say that being a rocket isn't what she wants to do. She would know better than to start talking about her real dreams to a Rocket recruiter.

Tell ya what, I'm gonna go ahead and redo the thing in third-person, so I can show her thoughts without me feeling like she's giving stuff away.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:08 pm
Ok, feel a bit better about this one, although my brain kept wanting to change tenses on me lol.

Quote:
Rocket Entrance Exam

Name: Tristana Eckeheart

Why did you decide to take this test?
Tristana was taking the test because she came from a family of Rockets. It was the family legacy to join the organization and be part of such a glorious regime. Her parents, and even grandparents on her dad’s side, along with all her siblings, were “Rocket material”, and she couldn’t be the black (white?) sheep of the family. It wouldn’t be so bad, anyways, as long as she kept her head down.

What makes you Rocket material?
Even with her slight unwillingness to be part of such a group, the girl couldn’t deny that she had been raised with Rocket ideals in mind. While she’d somehow never gotten the whole “pokemon are tools” logic, the girl was definitely darker than most, able to lie, steal and hide easily. Being the youngest of five siblings meant she was constantly tormented by her older brothers and sisters, so being “invisible” quickly became a survival trait. One, or sometimes both, of her parents were often gone on missions, so the girl had grown up learning to take care of herself.

Time for a background check. Anything we should know?
Tristana had grown up in Johto, in Ecruteak City. The rustic town was great for a kid to live in, just big enough to keep her entertained without putting her in danger from her constant wanderings. The towers especially held her attention, incredible monuments to legendary pokemon. She was usually free to do as she liked, although her parents would often talk about Team Rocket as being her only future. Never mind what she wanted. Tristana enjoyed being around pokemon, trying to learn all she could. The girl mostly wanted to work on understanding them, making them better partners to work with. She couldn’t understand why her family didn’t like pokemon, and on the other side, her parents thought it odd that she spent so much time around them. But the creatures were extremely obedient to the girl, so they just jotted it down to a useful talent.

Her parents told her she had to join the Rockets by the time she was twenty, so the girl had taken the opportunity last year to travel around Johto with a borrowed pokemon. She rationalized it to her parents as giving her more experience, and making her a better Rocket recruit. Her family thought she was odd for having other interests, but as long as she ended up working for the powerful regime, who cared?

Describe how you look, since our camera is broken.
Tristana was kind of short, about 5’2”, with mousy brown hair to her shoulders. Her green eyes were hidden in a face that still hadn’t quite lost its baby fat, although the rest of her was relatively skinny. She had a common look about her; most people wouldn’t think twice passing her in the street.

What are your team skills? People skills?
Having to deal with her family, the teen was quite good at adapting to different people. One brother always wanted to take charge, while one of her sisters was deathly afraid of taking initiative for fear of doing something wrong. She quickly learned how to act around both of them and her other types of family members to get in trouble as little as possible. Most people like working around her because she attempts to compliment their personality, whatever it may be. She has no problem with telling people what they want to hear, and is quite quick at understanding situations.

How much experience do you have? Any badges? Ribbons?
One of her sisters bet her she couldn’t win a contest while they were in a vacation in Verdanturf. Tristana showed her, however, with her old pet Sunkern, and holds a Cute Ribbon.

If you could choose, which region would you prefer to work in?
Tristan grew up on Johto, so obviously she’s more comfortable there. But her desire to learn means she wouldn’t mind working in other regions.

Do you have a type preference? Do you have a type you can't stand?
Whether because of her tendency to be sneaky and hide as much of herself as possible, or for some other reason, she seems to work best with Ghost, Psychic, and Dark types. She still liked most other types, but because of an incident with her dad’s Arbok when she was little, she had a bit of a fear of poison types.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:28 pm
KytanaTheThief

By starter, I had meant the Sentret.

3nodding I like the third-person much better.
XD But wow. She's really short.
What's with people and short characters?

But anyways, you're accepted.
Pick a starter from the list that hasn't been chosen yet.
( emotion_awesome Although most of the good ones have been taken)  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

KytanaTheThief rolled 1 100-sided dice: 36 Total: 36 (1-100)

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:40 pm
Hey, normally my chars are actually really tall...so it's just luck that I'm making a short char while everyone else is lol.

Also, while a Poochyena might have been awesome, a purrloin works as well for the whole "dark" aspect.

So...

Purrloin (Come up with a name after the rolls...)

Ability: 1-50 (Limber), 51-100 (Unburden)

IVs
HP:
ATK:
DEF:
SATK:
SDEF:
SPD:  
KytanaTheThief rolled 1 100-sided dice: 22 Total: 22 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Ability: 1-50 (Limber), 51-100 (Unburden)

IVs
HP:
ATK:
DEF:
SATK:
SDEF:
SPD:  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

KytanaTheThief generated a random number between 1 and 32 ... 25!

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Ability: Limber (Sweet, that'll come in handy lol)

IVs
HP:
ATK:
DEF:
SATK:
SDEF:
SPD:  
KytanaTheThief generated a random number between 1 and 32 ... 29!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Ability: Limber

IVs
HP: 24
ATK:
DEF:
SATK:
SDEF:
SPD:  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

KytanaTheThief generated a random number between 1 and 32 ... 17!

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:44 pm

IVs
ATK: 28
DEF:
SATK:
SDEF:
SPD:  
KytanaTheThief generated a random number between 1 and 32 ... 4!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:45 pm

IVs
DEF: 16
SATK:
SDEF:
SPD:  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

KytanaTheThief generated a random number between 1 and 32 ... 9!

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:48 pm

IVs
SATK: 3 (ouch)
SDEF:
SPD:  
KytanaTheThief generated a random number between 1 and 32 ... 27!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:50 pm

IVs
SATK: 3
SDEF: 8
SPD:  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

KytanaTheThief generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 7!

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:53 pm
Lv. 5 Purrloin (Minx)

Nature: Docile (I would get one that doesn't do anything, lol))

IVs
SATK: 3
SDEF: 8
SPD: 26

Stats: (seriously, correct me if I'm wrong on this, I used the serebii calc and have no idea if i did it right)
HP:20
ATK:11
DEF:9
SATK:10
SDEF:9
SPD: 12

Moves:
Scratch
Growl

And am I correct in guessing her characteristic is "Likes to fight"?

One last edit: does this color work for posting?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff