Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e: Secrets of Lidea~~~~~~~~[FILLED] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Black_Armed_Death_God

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:59 pm
Rain Yupa
I'd just like to go on record to say I am conforming.Though I'm talking to Ziekara through PM for that way it doesn't seem like I'm trying to be Uber defensive. Though I do realize it seems I am still be defensive. and I am sorry for that.

See, all you had to say was that she okayed it via PM, and I would have dropped it a page ago razz

Ultimately, I'm trying to save HER time, with her busy weekend plans. I try to avoid doing audits for games that aren't my own, since the DM needs to look at them anyways. I was just seeing what kind of builds people chose for their characters, and I nearly fell out of my seat when I saw your stats.

I need a more stable chair. neutral
Ok, I just am not fond of people insinuating that I am a cheat. I pride myself on the fact that I am not, so I got defensive. Plus my bone dice love me.

And with the chair thing may I make a recommendation?
Lazy boy and a laptop, it is so nice.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:03 pm
OK! I just want to state upfront that I am EXTREMELY sorry for all the confusion. As I told Black_Armed in a PM, this is only my second time DMing, and my first ever online campaign, so I am sorry for the way this situation has been being handled. I should have set up more strict ground rules upfront. I'm just use to playing with a group of RL friends where, we all make characters together, and it's easy to see everyone's rolls (although normally everyone just does point buy or array system anyway), and the issue of rolling in forums and what not isn't even applicable. So I deeply apologize for the confusion this is causing.

I AM going to set up ground rules right now though:

I highly recommend doing point buy, but I will not strictly say point buy only. HOWEVER, if you want to roll, you have to do it in the forums so I can see it. I'm really sorry, but it's the only way I can make sure everyone is being honest.

As for those of you (such as muffin) who did point buy but now are thinking of rolling....I will let you re-roll if you really want to, however you only get one re-roll, As stated, it must be done in the forums, and you have to go with those rolls (ie, you can't say you are going to roll, get low scores and then say "never mind, I'll stick with point buy"), so make your choice wisely.  

Ziekara

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:08 pm
I never said anything about cheating. I specifically said that it's because different groups use different systems, and it doesn't convert as easily as people might think. You proved that yourself when you said you thought 6d6 was standard.

All I said that, in her first post, she "preferred" point buy, which is some people's way of saying it's point buy or the high way. I couldn't care less what you play or how it's statted out in someone else's game! I was just trying to save everyone some time so the game could get started that much quicker. Same motivation as you.

Also, for the purposes of my Rebuke Undead class feature, Revenants are technical undead, right? Like elves are fey and deva are immortals? So I know how careless careful I need to be.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:11 pm
Also, I changed the first post to reflect the rolling rule.  

Ziekara

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:12 pm
Ziekara
OK! I just want to state upfront that I am EXTREMELY sorry for all the confusion.

So... I don't need to keep making saving throws? neutral

I wasn't trying to be assertive or anything to my fellow player. I don't like doing audits for other DMs unless specifically requested. It was just something I noticed and, on the off-chance it was a problem (which it turned out, it wasn't), it could be corrected sooner rather than later for brevity's sake (mmmm, brevity!).

Like, how I pointed out to Ms. Muffe... Ms. Muffin that Two-blade rangers can do their mojo with better than short swords, if she was so interested. Nothing major, just trying to help my fellow players. Honest injun.

Hey, TBADG'd stats actually went UP cause of me. I guess I helped him too!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:13 pm
Okay almost done just ironing out the details of her back-story  

Kowsauni
Crew

Ziekara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:19 pm
Rain Yupa
Ziekara
OK! I just want to state upfront that I am EXTREMELY sorry for all the confusion.

I wasn't trying to be assertive or anything to my fellow player. I don't like doing audits for other DMs unless specifically requested. It was just something I noticed and, on the off-chance it was a problem (which it turned out, it wasn't), it could be corrected sooner rather than later for brevity's sake (mmmm, brevity!).

Like, how I pointed out to Ms. Muffe... Ms. Muffin that Two-blade rangers can do their mojo with better than short swords, if she was so interested. Nothing major, just trying to help my fellow players. Honest injun.

*headdeskheaddeskheaddeskheaddeskheaddeskheaddeskheaddeskheaddeskheaddeskheaddeskheaddeskheaddeskheaddeskheaddeskheaddesk*

I mean...

No, really it's fine. lol. As I said, I'm new at this online thing, and I'm just trying to be fair and treat everyone equally, when I didn't really set up any ground rules to begin with. Now I'm just dealing with the concequence of that lol. But it's ok. I appreciate your input. I don't want anyone to feel like they are being treated unfairly or feel like I'm giving special privilage to someone either. Part of being a new DM is working out the kinks in the beginig sweatdrop I apologize again, and thank you for your input as well as your understanding.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Rain Yupa
Ziekara

No, we are not sure they did yet. It has now been asked of me to roll here, and as I said to Ziekara. In this business the DM is god, so I must oblige. Though I understand.  

The_Black_Armed_Death_God rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 3, 1, 5 Total: 10 (4-24)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:21 pm
Test roll  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:22 pm
Rain Yupa
Ziekara

No, we are not sure they did yet. It has now been asked of me to roll here, and as I said to Ziekara. In this business the DM is god, so I must oblige. Though I understand.

Again, I'm really sorry, but it's the only way I can think of besides saying you HAVE to do point-buy) to make sure things are fair to everyone. Would it make you feel better if I said you are being a very good sport and gave you a heart ?  

Ziekara

The_Black_Armed_Death_God rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 4, 4, 4 Total: 18 (4-24)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:22 pm
And another  
The_Black_Armed_Death_God rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 2, 6 Total: 15 (4-24)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:25 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen, here goes nothin'

First Stat Roll  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:27 pm
Ziekara
Rain Yupa
Ziekara

Again, I'm really sorry, but it's the only way I can think of besides saying you HAVE to do point-buy) to make sure things are fair to everyone. Would it make you feel better if I said you are being a very good sport and gave you a heart ?
*Takes heart* 3nodding Can I eat it? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:27 pm
Rain Yupa
Suicidesoldier#1
So what's the group so far?

First post has an active listing. In addition to the listed character sheets, we're getting a beast companion ranger focused on archery, a... halfing? sorcerer, and I believe an Ardent?

halfling cosmic sorcerer....which i'll get to finishing right now. all i have left are items and backgrounds.

think i'm gonna go with Society: poor, and Occupation: Entertainer....although Poor only puts Streetwise on my class list, and i don't want it instead of any of the others i have....  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

The_Black_Armed_Death_God rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 6, 2, 3 Total: 17 (4-24)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Nice, a 14. That would have taken more than a quarter of my points.

Second Stat Roll  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces