Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[On Hold] Tomb of Horrors 4e (OPEN - 14 slots! 6-man!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:05 pm
Rain Yupa
Here's my character, sans flavor text:

Eros Reese, Human Avenger of Love

Fleshing out will come after shower and food.

EDIT: I want permission if I can have it, to make a SLIGHT tweak to the rules of Avengers, concerning alignment. Avengers normally must be unaligned, OR follow the exact alignment of their deity. Sehanine is Unaligned, but Eros is more Good than Unaligned, by design. Is it fine if I make him Good instead?

...You follow alignment rules?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:10 pm
Just some slight auditing:

-I highly recommend taking improved armor of faith when you get the chance. Your AC score is good for now, but later on I anticipate you'll need it.

-Falchions are nice, but if you really want to push the envelope with your Avenger, you should upgrade to a broadsword (maybe a fullblade if you want to sacrifice the feat space).

-Back to the armor, when you get the chance, GET DISPLACING ARMOR. Its the bread and butter for an Avenger. No joke.

I mostly play Avengers, so you'll get a lot of advice from me.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:30 pm
Rain Yupa
Here's my character, sans flavor text:

Eros Reese, Human Avenger of Love

Fleshing out will come after shower and food.

EDIT: I want permission if I can have it, to make a SLIGHT tweak to the rules of Avengers, concerning alignment. Avengers normally must be unaligned, OR follow the exact alignment of their deity. Sehanine is Unaligned, but Eros is more Good than Unaligned, by design. Is it fine if I make him Good instead?

Strictly speaking, the alignment requirement is for your divine character at the time of your ordination. You can drift after that, and the only real enforcement is from the social structure of your church. Other Sehaniners might think of you as misguided, or possibly a wuss. Sehanine values eschewing extremes of morality and appreciating the grey spaces in decision-making(as Kraelin might tell you).

Hadn't really thought of a PP yet, have to look into that  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:49 pm
It's one of those things planned further down the road. Same with Divine Distraction and Melee Training (also, Toughness and Durable). But to me, flavor is more important that combat effectiveness. 4e is not JUST a combat game, after all :3

The difference between Falchion and Greatsword is the former has a slightly lower average damage but the high crit property. Broadsword, I lose that extra proficiency bonus, which I'd rather not (not for THIS character). Fullblade, I don't quite have the feat for it. I chose Falchion because, like before, its flavorful for the character. Envelope pushing has never been a priority for me. Heck, in War for Allansia, which is a PvP campaign, my warlock is skill heavy, not combat heavy.

Displacer Armor is level 14+. Too high for me.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:02 pm
Arc Vembris
Strictly speaking, the alignment requirement is for your divine character at the time of your ordination. You can drift after that, and the only real enforcement is from the social structure of your church. Other Sehaniners might think of you as misguided, or possibly a wuss. Sehanine values eschewing extremes of morality and appreciating the grey spaces in decision-making(as Kraelin might tell you).

Hadn't really thought of a PP yet, have to look into that

I've always looked at Sehanine as embracing the more traditional, artistic, beautiful aspects of love (probably due to her connections with Corellon). Whereas, Avandra as the representative of doing whatever the heck you want. Eros is a classy guy (or at least, he thinks himself as one) and fights for the right for people to be able to follow their hearts and dreams.

I still have trouble of seeing Unaligned as anything BUT True Neutral (albeit with looser guidelines), which is not how he rolls (roles?).

He's fine with Kraelin and other followers of Sehanine looking down at him. He's not fighting for their sakes, after all. Their hearts are already given to the goddess of the moon, and have no need avenging :3  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:17 pm
Rain Yupa
It's one of those things planned further down the road. Same with Divine Distraction and Melee Training (also, Toughness and Durable). But to me, flavor is more important that combat effectiveness. 4e is not JUST a combat game, after all :3

True. I'm more of an optimizing player than a roleplayer, though. That doesn't stop me from making interesting character concepts WITH my optimized characters, though. mrgreen

Quote:
The difference between Falchion and Greatsword is the former has a slightly lower average damage but the high crit property. Broadsword, I lose that extra proficiency bonus, which I'd rather not (not for THIS character). Fullblade, I don't quite have the feat for it. I chose Falchion because, like before, its flavorful for the character. Envelope pushing has never been a priority for me. Heck, in War for Allansia, which is a PvP campaign, my warlock is skill heavy, not combat heavy.

Fair enough. Just a few pointers from one fellow Avenger player to another.

Quote:
Displacer Armor is level 14+. Too high for me.

Well if this Avenger gets killed off and you plan on making another at a higher level, keep that in mind. Its really good armor. mrgreen  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:21 pm
And now, after my last post, I suddenly have the mental image of a Bullywug Invoker of Avandra.......  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:24 pm
scream Ok. If I don't get my character in tonight, I want one of you - any one of you, doesn't matter who - to smack me across the face with something funny, so it'll sting but I can laugh about it later.

...also. Somehow, that's a glorious - potentially terrible, but glorious - idea, Rain.  

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:37 pm
CrazySopher
scream Ok. If I don't get my character in tonight, I want one of you - any one of you, doesn't matter who - to smack me across the face with something funny, so it'll sting but I can laugh about it later.

...also. Somehow, that's a glorious - potentially terrible, but glorious - idea, Rain.

Which of your characters did you decide to go with? Still the dragonborn fightclubber?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:47 pm
Rain Yupa
CrazySopher

Which of your characters did you decide to go with? Still the dragonborn fightclubber?
Was - and am still - considering. He's more than half-built now anyways. But I was looking at the party and it looks like we've got a lot of high-power melee without as much defense and/or leadership as could be required. Sure, we've got the Runepriest, don't get me wrong, but it's not like Wrathful Runepriests aren't exactly "bash you in the head" types anyways. I'd personally like a bit more defense and a bit more tacticalness, or someone who is REALLY FRIGGIN' TOUGH but doesn't need to do massive damage output. So, I'm looking at either Earthstrength Warden, Sword-and-board Fighter, some sort of Warlord, or a Courageous Bard. I'm leaning most towards the last one, because the character I'd play with him is someone I've had in my head for a looooooooong time. rofl

Edit: Or, maybe even a little bit of spiffy Warlock teleportation and control, or any plethora of other stuff. The close-area effect powers of an Invoker would do well here. Hell, so would another Paladin of any other sort, to be honest. There's a lot of I can do.  

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:00 pm
CrazySopher
Rain Yupa
CrazySopher

Was - and am still - considering. He's more than half-built now anyways. But I was looking at the party and it looks like we've got a lot of high-power melee without as much defense and/or leadership as could be required. Sure, we've got the Runepriest, don't get me wrong, but it's not like Wrathful Runepriests aren't exactly "bash you in the head" types anyways. I'd personally like a bit more defense and a bit more tacticalness, or someone who is REALLY FRIGGIN' TOUGH but doesn't need to do massive damage output. So, I'm looking at either Earthstrength Warden, Sword-and-board Fighter, some sort of Warlord, or a Courageous Bard. I'm leaning most towards the last one, because the character I'd play with him is someone I've had in my head for a looooooooong time. rofl

Edit: Or, maybe even a little bit of spiffy Warlock teleportation and control, or any plethora of other stuff. The close-area effect powers of an Invoker would do well here. Hell, so would another Paladin of any other sort, to be honest. There's a lot of I can do.

Go with a heal-happy bard. If you have the player strategy guide, it can give you some good advice on how to build one.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:06 pm
I had thought about Warlord, but my stat spread gave me a good opportunity to try Eros out.

I personally say, bring on the melee warriors! The more, the merrier, my Avenger's Censure I say!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Dion Necurat
CrazySopher
Rain Yupa
CrazySopher

Go with a heal-happy bard. If you have the player strategy guide, it can give you some good advice on how to build one.
Was considering it, but we already have a leader so I don't need something too overly healy. Aside from that, we're also running a touch low on the defender side of things, which is why I'm considering Warlord or Con-based Bard, one of the two. Which would you guys prefer?

Edit: My first thought was Tac. Warlord, but... all those interrupts, out-of-turn movements and stuff, that gets rather bulky on post-by-post. I'll still do it, and gladly, but does anyone else want anything? Say it now or forever hold your peace, yeah?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:42 pm
CrazySopher
Dion Necurat
CrazySopher
Rain Yupa
CrazySopher

Was considering it, but we already have a leader so I don't need something too overly healy. Aside from that, we're also running a touch low on the defender side of things, which is why I'm considering Warlord or Con-based Bard, one of the two. Which would you guys prefer?

Edit: My first thought was Tac. Warlord, but... all those interrupts, out-of-turn movements and stuff, that gets rather bulky on post-by-post. I'll still do it, and gladly, but does anyone else want anything? Say it now or forever hold your peace, yeah?

Actually, considering the Runepriest is more of a buff-giver than a healer, having a heal-happy leader would be a great benefit.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:50 pm
Dion Necurat
CrazySopher
Dion Necurat
CrazySopher
Rain Yupa
CrazySopher

Actually, considering the Runepriest is more of a buff-giver than a healer, having a heal-happy leader would be a great benefit.
Oh. Well, lemme roll up something healy then. Bard or Cleric it is. Although I won't go -full- healer. We still need some Defender, and having two Leaders in the party would balance out the healing enough, methinks.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games