Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The start of the rest of your life(full) Update Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starting level?
  Epic. (If you chose this one, I will hunt you down and throw 2d20 dirty dipers at you, 100d20 each. How is that for epic?)
  1 (Me loves you)
View Results

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:10 pm
Visually, I like guns. I don't like D&D's mechanics for them (they're in "why waste a feat for a sub-par crossbow?" territory), and I have given my own campaign better guns as a result.

But, a lot of DMs don't like them, and feel that guns ruin their vision of the D&D world. In a world where people can cast magic, guns may never be legitimately developed, since magic is just plain better, too. So, when a DM says "Drop the guns," it's probably for a reason. This world isn't 1300 AD in the real world. The real world didn't have dragons, resurrection, or the warlock class, with its infinitely more accurate and dangerous eldritch blasts. Just drop it and move on. I'm one to argue a point with a DM if I think he's possibly in the wrong about how mechanics work, but as for flavor, it's the DM's call what is or is not allowed in the game. Seriously.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:56 pm
Eternality_Cannon
...how awesome it'd be to start shooting up a horde of orcs before going into melee...

Hay, I play an Orc, on WOW. I hate the weaklings that fear going toe to toe with me. scream It doesn't help that I also play a hunter and use the same tatics. But with a bow

Eternality_Cannon
...Besides, this gives the magic-users some more "blow your face off" abilities when their spells are all used up.

They need more "Blow your face off" abilities?

Besides, I meant wrong era for a revolver-style weapon and Core 3.5 is open. Meaning the Musket and pistol from the Dmg are. But I still think the use of magic and any other weapon take more skill and talent to use than a gun. Two I think the people at Wizards are being to nice with the gun.  

glitterboypilot

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:24 pm
glitterboypolit
Oh and can we have a Roll call, I want to know who is still in and who has made a quick escape before I write out the threads.
I'm still here.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:31 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Just didn't think anyone would use Vow of Poverty... No offense, but you have to admit that it is just wrong.

Also, how are you even having a Lay on Hands score? You know, with your 6 charisma which you need at least 12 of to even have Lay on Hands.

it goes of my wisdom (serenity)  

gamingguru

gamingguru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:39 pm
I am in  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:59 am
glitterboypolit

Besides, I meant wrong era for a revolver-style weapon and Core 3.5 is open. Meaning the Musket and pistol from the Dmg are. But I still think the use of magic and any other weapon take more skill and talent to use than a gun. Two I think the people at Wizards are being to nice with the gun.

You might want to be careful with this statement because its also detailed on energy guns and regular fire arms as well in the same section.

I was just saying. Just because you say core 3.5 is in doesn't mean it should be in your game. If it doesn't fit with the time period then it wouldn't make sense.  

Archfiend Damio

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:41 am
Someone pulled a gun in my game. I'm smack them >_> It has no place in ym setting at the moment. So no boom stick for you XP

But if my setting did favour it. I'd have them in. Guess it's the DM's call

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:14 am
According to the D&D Wiki, the Wheelock Pistol was a Martial Weapon, so no real feat expenditure needed there. If the impression I'm getting is right, you're still allowing those as opposed to a revolver. I'm perfectly alright with this. The main reason I'm trying not to lose the guns is Grevus's third weapon, a Bayonet. Dropping the gun would make us have to come up with two weapons, not one.

But, the final call does go to the DM. After all, someone made him into a deity. I don't want to tick him off.  

Slave Xaccheus

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:53 am
D&D wiki = third party
DMG page 145 = 3.5 rules.

The point is in my opinion the core trumps third party. Just because someone but it online doesn't make it correct or make sense. In this case its not a predominate weapon in this time and while if the DM is ruling you can use it, and I am not saying he is, I would think it to be exotic as the DMG says because its not something the everyday soldier would be trained with right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:34 pm
It's also a matter of what Grevus wants to do. Even if guns are Exotic, who's going to stop him from giving up one of his other feats in exchange for the proficiency feat for them? It's really all down to his decision more than it is anyone else's, though the DM obviously has the final call on what does and doesn't happen.  

Slave Xaccheus

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:46 pm
I seriously cannot believe this conversation is still going on. I mean, seriously? I hope the DM smites the next set of people who brings it up again. Bloody gamers...

PLAYERS STAND ETERNAL!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:19 pm
The two guns in the dmg under the Renaissance era is the only two guns I will allow. And they are Exotic, so if you want the guns then you have to pay the feat as well as the cash to buy the weapon, black powder and ammo.

Before you ask, no you can't use Rapid Reload on a firearm. And the rehide factor after shoting a firearm is -30 not -20.

Small thing about blackpowder guns, once you fire their is a flash, a bang and a large cloud of smoke all Screaming, "Here I am!!"

That is my ruling, if you don't like it then.... I think you already know the rest of the statement. Two my symbol isn't Mountain Dew, it is Ski. If you can't find a ski bottle, Pepsi and Dr pepper, also work as symbols.  

glitterboypilot

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:15 am
DP FOR LIFE!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:29 am
I'm more of a Fresca drinker, myself.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:10 am
A&W FTW...

Seriously, A&W, man... it gets addictive.

And if we're allowing stuff like that, does this mean we still have bayonets? Those were around pretty much as soon as the guns were.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff