Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e - One Shot/Recruiting] Doorway to Chaos [6/8] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Arc Vembris rolled 6 10-sided dice: 8, 9, 7, 6, 3, 5 Total: 38 (6-60)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:26 pm
45 Radiant Damage  
Arc Vembris rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:28 pm
((Save +1))

Barbie still can't focus  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:03 pm
[[As a note, an Immolith's 'Fiery Grab' would still damage me. Its a Claw Attack + Grab, combined in one. If it was seperate from the Claw, it would restate the attack stats (and be Vs. Reflex instead of Vs. AC, most likely). However, its not a Melee Basic Attack, and thus can only do its 'Fiery Grab' on its turn.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I have damage coming to me 3nodding ]]  
Reevinja Mk II rolled 1 8-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-8)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:23 pm
[ I had thought you were within range of Red Herring's fire resistance thing.. after recounting - I realize you are just outside of it. The damage wouldn't have been able to overcome the resistance.

So here is that damage. 1d8+7 fire damage, and an ongoing 5 fire damage. ]

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:28 pm
Reevinja Mk II
[ I had thought you were within range of Red Herring's fire resistance thing..

[[Immobilization is funny like that ^-^''']]  
Genericho rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Activate Displacer armor

Save vs Dazed  

Genericho

iDragow rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

iDragow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:43 am
His eyes never leaving his opponents, Soveliss listened to Sentinel's counsel. "I agree. If we all focus on him, he should fall quicker than expec-" ted, he would have finished, except for the large hulking monstrosity baring down on him.

Lifting his spear defensively, he knew that the shaft of his weapon would do little to protect him from the creature's gigantic fists. He braced himself for the impact, sure that it was going to hurt. But then... it never came. Opening his eyes, he saw the large fist stopped by Sentinel's dual shields. The two struggled for a few moments, before the creature jerked its hand back grudgingly.

Releasing his grip on the spear momentarily, the warlord patted the Warforged's shoulder briefly. "Thank you, friend. I shall repay this debt."

Then they were bombarded again by those creatures tearing flesh from their bellies. Everyone was getting worn down a bit. Lifting his polearm over his head, he shouted. "Stand Tough, and give them no breathing room! Don't waver when everything depends on us!"

Thoranis was grabbed by one of the other foes that had been circling them suddenly. Even though he wanted to run to his ally's aid, he saw that Barbarie was taking care of the situation well enough. Instead of jumping into a predicament where he wasn't needed, he decided to instead fortify their defenses against the other flanking creature.

The warlord moved to a position where he could strike the monster from outside of its heated aura. Soveliss spun around, using the shaft of his spear to slap the creature and knock it silly. It would only last momentarily, but hopefully it would be enough for them to get an advantage.

Quote:
Minor Action: Stand Tough. You and all allies in Close Burst 5 recover HP equal to 10 + your Charisma modifier (+3).
Move Action: 2 squares W, 1 square SW, 1 square W
Standard Action: Thunderous Fury on I2.
Attack: 1d20(8)+22=30 vs. AC
Hit: 3d10(16)+13=29 damage, and the target is dazed until the end of my next turn.
Tactical Presence: Until the end of my next turn, my allies gain a power bonus to attack equal to my Intelligence modifier (+4).

iDragow rolled 3 10-sided dice: 9, 4, 3 Total: 16 (3-30)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 am
Ick... damage just in case.  

iDragow

iDragow rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

iDragow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:47 am
Save vs. Fire

It figures that's a crit. stare  
Rain Yupa rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:28 am
Oh hey, I attacked with a lightning power last turn!

LIGHTNING FIELD

I1 takes 2d6 + 5 = 13 lightning damage for making a melee attack against me.

SCREW YOU, DEMON! scream  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Reevinja Mk II rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm
[ Tah roll! ]  
Reevinja Mk II rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 pm
[ 23 vs. AC - Sentinel ]  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:54 pm
The radiant light sent by Barberie causes the fiery beast to howl as it sears it, thrusting it toward your group and making it freeze in place. The creature seems greatly harmed by this attack, but it manages to keep hold of poor Toranis.

Red Herring manages to shake off his dazed state, and his armor helps protect him against being harmed.

Everyone is affected by Soveliss' shout, allowing them to shake off some of their wounds and continue fighting. His follow-up attack on the second fiery beast is rather successful, tearing into the creature and causing it to be dazed from the sheer strength of the blow. Meanwhile - Toranis crackles with electricity which surges through the other beast.

More lightning streaks out from the portal as it gathers more energy, the lightning arcing between the crystals but ultimately to no effect. You can all now make out a faint image in the portal - the image of what looks to be another pack (4) of the canines you'd torn apart earlier in the fight.

The cloaked figure sticks to staying behind the pillars as it moves closer, while the brimstone beast moves around the huge one trapped in the prison of ice - getting into a better position to hurl a rock of brimstone toward Sentinel. Unfortunately - its' aim is way off, and it impacts the wall above the door again like its' first throw causing small rocks to sprinkle down over everyone.

[ I1 takes 55 damage and is immobilized. (The power says it immobilizes and I see nothing to say it wouldn't be.) Then another 13 from Toranis.
I2 takes 29 damage and is dazed/grants a power bonus to attack rolls vs. it until the end of Soveliss' next turn.

@Toranis: 14 damage, with ongoing 5 fire damage from I1 from the grab. Unlike Soveliss, though, you aren't close enough to be saved from the fire damage so you take the 5 ongoing fire damage, plus the 10 from the aura once you start your turn, but I've added it below since I dun think you can get out of it. ;p

@Everyone: Healed 13 points from Soveliss' Stand Tough ability (already accounted for below). Unless I did my math wrong.

[ Initiative - Round 3 || Click For Map || ]

[37] R
[33] RD

[28] Sentinel [7 Damage] [Slowed - Save Ends] <---| Current Turn |
------- +1 AC/Reflex - End of Next Turn
------- Allies gain +2 Shield AC and Ref while Adjacent
------- Afterffect: Ongoing 5 fire damage - Save Ends
[27] Toranis [80 Damage] [Grabbed] [Ongoing 5 Fire Damage - Save Ends] <---| Current Turn |
------- Lightning Field: When hit on melee/enemy moves adjacent. [End of Next Turn]

[26] G [128 Damage] [Stunned/Emtombed]
[25] S1 [15 Damage], S2 [15 Damage]

[23] Xavier [24 Damage]
------- Ice Tomb - G - Until End of Next Turn

[18] I1 [68 Damage] [Immobilized], I2 [29 Damage] [Dazed]
------- I2: Dazed Until End of Soveliss' Next Turn. Grants power bonus to attack rolls vs. it.

[16] Soveliss [61 Damage]
------- Allies gain a +4 power bonus to attack rolls vs. I2 [End of Next Turn]
[14] Barberie [23 Damage] [Dazed - Save Ends]
[12] Red Herring [62 Damage]
------- Firesoul Aura: 5 fire damage to anything which hits him in melee.
------- Displacer Armor: Attacks against Red roll 2d20, taking the lowest result.

Round 3 - Toranis, Sentinel - Go! ]

Rain Yupa rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 10 Total: 14 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:31 pm
((I think your math is wrong for me. I had 29 damage at my last turn, so I should have 29 + 36 (S1+S2) + 14 (I1) + 10 (Aura) + 5 (Ongoing) - 13 (Stand Tough) = 81 damage))

Current Status: 34/115, Bloodied , Ongoing 5 Fire (Save Ends) , Grabbed

MINOR ACTION

"Oi! Does my beard look fire-proof to you?! Watch it!!" he would scold the demon, ready to deliver it some comeuppance.

Quote:
Second Wind: Toranis regains 36 hit points, and gains a +1 to attack rolls, +4 to damage rolls (for powers) until the end of his turn.

STANDARD ACTION

"I have bad news for you, you fiery demonic piece of Tarrasque Excrement! YOU'RE CRAMPING MY STYLE! ALLOW ME TO RETURN THE FAVOR!!!!"

Reeling back with his staff, he would fire a point-blank explosion into the Immolith's face, consequences be damned!

Quote:
Serpentine Blast [PHB2,p141], +21 +1 +4 (Soveliss) vs I1's Reflex, ignoring partial cover/concealment. If it hits, 4d10+27 lightning damage (Miss = 1/2 damage). I1 may make an opportunity attack against Toranis. If it does, it takes 2d6 + 5 more lightning damage from my Lightning Field.

"DOESN'T SEEM LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO HOLD ONTO ME NOW, DOES IT?!?!"

MOVE ACTION

"Xavier! Get out of there, ya bloomin' idiot!" Toranis would swoosh his arm upward, allowing a gust of wind to take Xavier out of the DANGER ZONE!

Quote:
Dominant Winds [AP,p36]; the target (Xavier) can fly 5 squares as a free action.

Saving Throw vs Ongoing 5 Fire damage: Success!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa rolled 8 10-sided dice: 8, 5, 2, 8, 2, 1, 1, 5 Total: 32 (8-80)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:34 pm
30 vs I1's Reflex

4d10 + 27 = 23 or 9 + 27 = 50 lightning damage!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff