one god
  many gods
  no god
  poll whore
View Results

Gimonavid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:34 am
luckdragoness
This may come as a bit of a shock to you, but there are other belief systems, also called "religions", whose followers may be slightly offended that you are accusing them of the things "those Christians" are notorious for.

Don't patronize me, child. If you'd watch George Carlin you would've understood what I'd said. I'm not a moron and know there is more than one religion out there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:05 pm
Gimonavid
luckdragoness
This may come as a bit of a shock to you, but there are other belief systems, also called "religions", whose followers may be slightly offended that you are accusing them of the things "those Christians" are notorious for.

Don't patronize me, child. If you'd watch George Carlin you would've understood what I'd said. I'm not a moron and know there is more than one religion out there.

What the hell does it matter if you said it or if a "comedian" said it? It's still wrong. In fact it just pisses me off more now because I hate George Carlin. At least if you actually personally thought that, I could just show you why it didn't make any sense, but I'm not going to be bothered phoning up some commie a*****e God knows where.  

NOCTVRNVS

Gopher dude

Questionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:51 pm
ah mooshi mooshi and a domo domo. New guy in guild here.

Religion? eh? I can say stuff about that..ooh~ Such neat little questions too eh? Well now I can't help myself.
copypasta!
What religion are you?
I'd have to say..none..I just beileve in what I know. neutral
How long have you been in this religion?
Ever since I was around 14-15'ish and the part of my brain that made sense of things grew larger, and I started thinking diffrently about everything.
Why do you believe in this faith?
I beileve in what I beileve as I've heard the other religions and they all seem pretty well.. the same. It's all centered around a god or god's and if you do bad stuff you'll go to a bad place or if you do good stuff you go to a good place. I figure if a religion is any worth the time to hear it. You'd want to follow this religion not because you'll get in s**t and go to hell, but because it offers awnsers and solutions (LOL DELIVERS).
What do you hate about other religions?
The over zealous people who defend it. Beileving in god and all that stuff is nice, but it changes peoples into ethire "sissys" or insanely aggresive against there own fellow humans who don't beileve in their religion (look up god warrior on you tube)
If you are agnostic/atheist please tell us why?
Whats an agnostic?
For a while I thought I might be called an atheist..but then I thought "well wait..think..evolution..proof of god..god exists through faith..prove god..you know god exists so no faith..no faith..no god?" Thought about that for a while then did somthing else and in the end I figured "If there is a god let him/her make sure I don't rot in the ground." other then that I don't care.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:43 am
im christian
ive been in this religion all my life
i belive in this faith because i have seen a lot of evidence that there ia a god. (yes......i have seen evidence! so open up ur eyes u atheists!!!!!!!!!)
ummm.........personally (and no offense....) i think that all other religions are, basically, wrong. (as i said, no offense to u others, to prove that i dont want to offend u, i have a friends that are, atheist, muslim, and also friends who belive in buddisim)  

Meredith_Hyuga

Clise

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:37 am
Agnostic I guess....

IMO people use religion as a tool to help themselves deal with difficult situations, and to keep themselves sane throughout the hurdles that life throws at them.

But I could be wrong. Just an opinion.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:27 pm
I hate the devout following of one mainstream religion... the blind leading the blind, if you ask me. My religion is self-proclaimed; you should believe what you truly believe, not what you were taught to believe. No one can prove their religion is right merely on coincedental events that occured before any one of us was born... though, while I was raised Protestant, I can't help but think that a lot of what went on around those days was influenced by something of divinity. My theory is that some heliocentric being in the center of our universe is the divine we have so long sought out for, creating and designing a guideline for all creation and essentially getting the ball rolling... I can't convince myself that anyone goes to a heaven or a hell, but the thought of rotting in the ground for eternity definitely something I refuse to accept. Although our bodies may die, the soul... well, to simply not exist is unthinkable. We can't comprehend not existing, because no one can think any longer, which to me is impossible. Every time you think of it, you have to remind yourself that you wouldn't be alive, rendering the experience to be nothing short of some fairly ignorant idea. What it's like to be dead... like nothing? No. There's definitely some sort of afterlife, and even eternal damnation is better than not existing. My religion is unique in the sense that I have intergrated one thing over the past sixteen years; you only live one life. How frightening is it really, that after this, you will never get a second chance. All the time we just waste sitting here could be spent on more productive things! Every moment we use up for something useless... the time people spend in prison, jail, any sort of incarceration, torture, pointless ramblings like this one... just remind yourself every once in a while that if you f**k up here in America, or anywhere in this day and age, you're boned. You go to prison, you rot there, and die there. No second chances on this Earth, unless you're Hindu. I can't promise an afterlife for you, but I can tell you that your time here will be short-lived and miserable if you waste it on beind stupid. Just remember when you do something stupid and regrettable; you f**k up, you f**ked up for the rest of your life, and there isn't a thing you can do about it, sadly enough. Oh, and by the way; athiests can't explain Darwinism and evolution anymore, bud. There's not a missing link in sight, so that flushes your idea of how we came to be down the toilet. rofl Just sayin'.  

Lord Drago

Dapper Explorer

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

justamat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:20 pm
Gimonavid
I just have to say it:

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy s**t!

Sure, some of this is true. Any, and I mean any, organization is prone to corruption. If you yourself have witnessed this happen then I commend you on your observations. If you got this idea from someone else, then you are no better than those who have faith.

However, if you're saying that religion is the only source of extortion and misinformation then you are very wrong. Governmental bodies have done far worse than any religion has; including your dreaded Christians. I'm not even talking about the ones that use religion as a front. Think of Hitler, Mussolini, and other dictators of the past. Hitler was a secularist and especially opposed religion yet he killed, misinformed, and extorted millions more people than Christians ever have in a century.

Sure organized religion can lead people astray with visions of power, but the underlying message of religion, any religion, is still one of compassion and love. To undermine that, is to undermine the humanity of the world.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:21 am
What religion are you?
I consider myself "mostly heathen". It's not a "specific" religioin that I follow.

I've had a word for my beliefs for about 7 years. I have walked this "path" since I was in my early teens however.

Because this is what "makes sense" to me... after years and years of reading and study ofcourse.

I don't.
Religion is all fine and dandy, it's the PEOPLE who are asses.
Christianity teaches us to "love one another", it's people who fail to do that.
Same with most faiths.  

Miniar

Tasty Crayons

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:39 pm
Epic Fail Girl
What religion are you?

I suppose, if I had to fall into a category, I would be an Atheist....

Epic Fail Girl

Mm, I guess my whole life. Though, I didn't actually consider myself anything close to an Atheist until I learned there was such a thing as Atheists. I have no idea when that was. I've always been raised to believe there was no god, not as an Atheist, though....

Epic Fail Girl

Because I don't fear there being no afterlife. There is no afterlife. We, like everything else that is living, dies, rots, and become a part of the earth. That sounds better than living past death.

Epic Fail Girl

The people who are a part of them that try and convert other people, or judge you based solely on their religious beliefs. I just hate religious people that try and convert me to their religion, as if converting more people will increase their chances to get into a heaven.

That, a preachers. God, I hate preachers. They think they're so much better and closer to god than every other christian, catholic, and etc.... (I base that bias opinion solely on a woman I know).

But all that I said is based solely on my personal experiences with Christians... and Jehovah's Witnesses....

Epic Fail Girl

I am an Atheist because there's no other way to describe my beliefs - I don't think there is a god, but I hope there is one, but honestly, I don't believe there is one. I just can't see that being the case. If I cared more about calling myself an Atheist or whatever, I would look up all these different religious views and find one that closely suited my views, but for now, Atheism seems the closest, and I don't care terribly to find another way to put it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:22 pm
I'm what is called an "agnostic atheist" in that I don't believe there is any deity or deities, but I don't claim to KNOW that there are or aren't.

Although I do like learning about religion, particularly the more ancient religions and the Eastern religions, I have never read anything about any religion that made me think "this is true." I can't and won't believe in something completely unsubstantiated, which is what religion is as far as I'm concerned.

That's not to say that I hate people of religion. I hate people who use it as an excuse for hatred and violence and domination (which unfortunately happens a lot with religious people), and I'm saddened by what I see as blind and often desperate "faith."  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:24 pm
Gimonavid
I just have to say it:

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy s**t!

Carlin speaks for me, too. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:47 pm
What religion are you?
I am a nondenominational Christian. 3nodding

I became I Christian when I felt guilt for the first time and mom prayed with me to accept Jesus. Part of the reason I'm a Christian is because I remember feeling different then usual, and it's never stopped since then.

Partly because I've read books both for and against evolution. The bacteria pools where life first evolved? There isn't enough nitrogen in the earth crust for those. And how about the fact that settings for life are so fine then if things like a molecule's weight were off by a thousand or less of a degree, then life couldn't exist? And did you know those embryo drawings by Heckal were fake? Besides, artists drawings usually share themes. Why shouldn't God's work be similar sometimes too? sweatdrop Sorry if I ranted, I'm just a little passionate about this topic.

I hate when people aren't open and don't honestly seek the truth. One of the things we say in my church is that if a person honestly wants to know God will show them; they just have to ask for Him to. I also hate that evolution's taught in school's when a lot of the evidence points to creationism. Both should be taught, otherwise it's just brainwashing in my humble opinion. sweatdrop

No.  

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200

random bumblebee

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
What religion are you?
I affiliate myself with no religion. I simply believe that there is a whole lot more going on than we as human beings can possibly grasp. We (for the most part) are far too vain to accept that simple fact. Even tho everytime we advance and believe we know it all, we discover a whole lot of things we did not know. I call myself a freethinker.

How long have you been in this religion? I can't really say. It's one of those things that just grows in you if you stop and have a few questions.

Why do you believe in this faith? Because I can think outside the box. lol

What do you hate about other religions? I believe most religions are means for control, invented by governing factions in an attempt to manipulate the minds of the masses. Fight in this war and die and go to heaven. Don't complain about poverty, die and have much. or die and come back as something with more. Don't concern yourselves with what you are doing to the land, the animals, the air; we are more important. It's all human narcissism led by the greatest narcissists of all, our historical leaders.

If you are agnostic/atheist please tell us why? I'm not agnostic or atheist either. Because I believe that "God" is cannot be dismissed, I also believe that "God" has better things to do than run around making sure that every little peon human that needs some kind of miracle to prove something is never going to see the miraculous world we live within. "God" is not some single quantified algorithm. Not a man sitting on a throne. Not a woman running around the trees. But to believe that it can all be explained by science is the most narcissistic religion out there.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:27 pm
stare I've had personal experiences that make it impossible for me to deny the existence of god. The problem is you people don't care about my personal experience. You care only about what you deem as acceptable facts. you reject quotes from the bible because you believe it to be a fictitious book. so what argument can we make to give you your facts? you may wonder why there are no recent major activity by God to clarify for you. That's because when Jesus died on the cross, the old testament died with him. And a new age of grace begin. Jesus said to his deciples that they have to believe in him. Why would he say that when he's standing right next to them? because He knew that his very existence would be called into question in the future. If God clarified in an unquestionable manner, what would be the point in believing? There would be no test to our souls.  

wildblackfire

Tambergal

Blessed Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:13 pm
What religion are you?
Catholic
My whole life (15 years)
Grew up learning about the Catholic faith and has had a religious experience.
nothing really, i just let people do their own stuff as long as they don't bug me about what i do/practice.
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff