Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
Questionnaire Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:03 pm
SoundVVave

There are four songs =3, I like them all  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:17 pm
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
SoundVVave

There are four songs =3, I like them all

"Please let us get in!
Don't lock us away!
We're not what you're thinking!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

whaa, I'll have to go look it up!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"We're poor little souls
who have lost all control
and we're forced here to take that role!"

SoundVVave

Anxious Marshmallow

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:21 am
1. does priority moves do anything when used in battle here?

2. where should I put the request to teach a pokemon move?
or is it too early to do that? and what kind of move category that can be taught (TM, tutor, levelling, or egg move,etc)?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:38 am
amarzyciel

or is it too early to do that? and what kind of move category that can be taught (TM, tutor, levelling, or egg move,etc)?

Hi! As said in the rules in order to teach a new move you must contact the captain or one of the vice captains along with the form. Meaning just shoot one of us a pm and we'll work it out with ya ^^

Leveling moves will only be learned when the pokemon reaches the proper level, but when your pokemon reaches that level you are allowed to rp out them practicing that new move. Egg moves are only moves from newly birthed pokemon aka academy given pokemon, so they cannot be taught. TM, tutor and moves relative CAN be taught in this way.

Priority moves are something we're working into the update of the battle system at the moment but they have been used. A move that has a higher priority over another can go first ((i.e. Trainer A uses Ember first post to hit, but Trainer B uses Detect next post then A's ember is blocked by detect's power.))  

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:50 am
Prairiefox
amarzyciel

Hi! As said in the rules in order to teach a new move you must contact the captain or one of the vice captains along with the form. Meaning just shoot one of us a pm and we'll work it out with ya ^^

Leveling moves will only be learned when the pokemon reaches the proper level, but when your pokemon reaches that level you are allowed to rp out them practicing that new move. Egg moves are only moves from newly birthed pokemon aka academy given pokemon, so they cannot be taught. TM, tutor and moves relative CAN be taught in this way.

Priority moves are something we're working into the update of the battle system at the moment but they have been used. A move that has a higher priority over another can go first ((i.e. Trainer A uses Ember first post to hit, but Trainer B uses Detect next post then A's ember is blocked by detect's power.))

ah, okay.
so if I rp out learning a move that's gained through levelling, it won't count getting fp then?

I am thinking of something like
(A uses tackle, B used tackle, B used quick attack,A used tackle)
that double turn due to priority move, before it went normal again.
based on your example, the post turn is normal then, it's only the turn of the move hitting that will be different?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:59 am
amarzyciel
Prairiefox
amarzyciel

ah, okay.
so if I rp out learning a move that's gained through levelling, it won't count getting fp then?

I am thinking of something like
(A uses tackle, B used tackle, B used quick attack,A used tackle)
that double turn due to priority move, before it went normal again.
based on your example, the post turn is normal then, it's only the turn of the move hitting that will be different?

- No it will count. By sending in the form we'll have a record and proof of you earning the FP by teaching a new move to your pokemon by TM. The form is not necessary for level up moves. This form is only for moves that cannot be learned by normal leveling. We will still be reading everything and keeping track so we will see you doing this in the rp.

*Say my character's Cyndaquil reached lv. 13 and in the rp Koru decides to train with Cyndaquil for a while and Quick Attack is learned in the process.
Now with TMs you would do this same thing, except you send the form into one of us so you'll have permission to teach such a move.

- Yes that is correct.  

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:06 am
Prairiefox

- No it will count. By sending in the form we'll have a record and proof of you earning the FP by teaching a new move to your pokemon by TM. The form is not necessary for level up moves. This form is only for moves that cannot be learned by normal leveling. We will still be reading everything and keeping track so we will see you doing this in the rp.

*Say my character's Cyndaquil reached lv. 13 and in the rp Koru decides to train with Cyndaquil for a while and Quick Attack is learned in the process.
Now with TMs you would do this same thing, except you send the form into one of us so you'll have permission to teach such a move.

- Yes that is correct.

that's a nice incentive to write training post than magically learning a move xD
it still require a proper post of training, doesn't it? like a minimum word count or time?

- okay, I got it. thx (for the priority move)

P.S: I am going to sleep now, it's already friday here. I am staying up more than I should.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:12 am
amarzyciel

that's a nice incentive to write training post than magically learning a move xD
it still require a proper post of training, doesn't it? like a minimum word count or time?

P.S: I am going to sleep now, it's already friday here. I am staying up more than I should.

Well its not magically done. When your pokemon meets the leveling requirements for moves and we approve it, plus the training posts must be at least the 250+ word count like the battle posts I believe and there will be a certain number of posts as well, but again the system is being updated at the moment.

No problem good night ^^  

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:05 pm
Prairiefox
amarzyciel

Well its not magically done. When your pokemon meets the leveling requirements for moves and we approve it, plus the training posts must be at least the 250+ word count like the battle posts I believe and there will be a certain number of posts as well, but again the system is being updated at the moment.

No problem good night ^^

errmm, so that means I have to ask for approval first whenever i want to add new move a pokemon learn by leveling (without rp-ing for training session)?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:26 pm
amarzyciel

errmm, so that means I have to ask for approval first whenever i want to add new move a pokemon learn by leveling (without rp-ing for training session)?

No no approval is needed for moves learned by leveling up.

Sorry about my last answer I had to go to work so I might've rushed it a bit...  

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:32 pm
Prairiefox
amarzyciel

No no approval is needed for moves learned by leveling up.

Sorry about my last answer I had to go to work so I might've rushed it a bit...

kk.
I think I kinda get it now how it works.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:00 am
When will we be allowed to catch Pokemon in the Morning?  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:58 am
Hope the kind

You're free to catch pokemon during any phase just be sure to follow the pokemon sighting list in each area. These lists are going to be updated for the time skip but you are still free to catch if you choose to before this update happens.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:02 pm
Prairiefox
Hope the kind

You're free to catch pokemon during any phase just be sure to follow the pokemon sighting list in each area. These lists are going to be updated for the time skip but you are still free to catch if you choose to before this update happens.

Okie dokie! I ask because I noticed that the areas where you can catch Pokemon during the Morning Phase say 'Not Available.' So, I was just curious when it may be available.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:05 pm
Hope the kind
Prairiefox
Hope the kind

Okie dokie! I ask because I noticed that the areas where you can catch Pokemon during the Morning Phase say 'Not Available.' So, I was just curious when it may be available.

Oh it shouldn't actually say that I'll go fix it but feel free to catch before the phase ends if you would like to.  
Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games