Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply ❻ Kalos Region
Santalune City Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:35 am
Loonamist
Maybe Feya can volunteer for a few pictures with her pokemon sometime. heart

User Image
D U M U Z I B L A C K W O O D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNemo liber est qui corpori servit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFortiter in re, suaviter in modo

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxI cannot change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
-Jimmy Dean

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Wait… so someone else was watching his battle with Viola? Oh man, he wasn’t sure if he liked that idea or not, it wasn’t exactly a dazzling display that he put on out there… granted he at least was able to earn his badge in the end. Dumuzi gave the boy a bit of a once over and nodded in a greeting, with his hands being full and Titania in his arms, he wasn’t able to bow or shake hands with the boy. He noted that the boy didn’t look too much older than he was, though he was definitely younger than his older brother. Actually, it was kind of nice to have someone roughly his age teaching him this stuff, he probably wouldn’t have been as comfortable about this if it was some grizzled old veteran that presented himself to him as a mentor. Dumuzi got the impression that this boy danced to his own tempo, he certainly didn’t seem like he was someone who followed the rules to the letter. ”Y-yes I am, Miss Viola seems to think that they might be a good fit for me so I would like to see if it fits me a little better than battling. Is there… anything special I’ll need for this?” Dumuzi bowed his head ever so slightly so that he was looking at Taz with something of a pouting expression. ”Um, thanks for being willing to show me.”
He looked down at Titania who looked like she fell asleep in his arms, his poor girls, they needed to go to the pokemon center as soon as possible. Hopefully Taz wouldn’t think of him rude if he excused himself at some point to get them healed before any physical demonstrations with his pokemon. He doubted that Titania would be in the mood to do tricks if she was covered in bruises and as tired as she was.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNo one is free who is a slave to his body
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxResolute in action, gentle in manner.

Thoughts: Drawing upside down must be really tough. O_o;;;
Feelings: Neutral
Theme music: Queen of the Mountain

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 30/170 Condition: N/A Lv: 17 Exp: 21/22 Status: In Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:0/100 Condition: Fainted Lv: 10 Exp: 20/21 Status: In pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 5/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 29/40
Wild Encounter's 14/5
NPC Encounter: 54/??
Moving Location: 3/3

Items: Pokedex
-Infinite Pokeballs User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-Infinite Potions User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-5 antidote User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
- 1 Heartscale User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries
- 2 Paralyze PotionsUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ralts ♀ ( Titania )█ Sassy █ Psychic◆ Fairy █
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
█ Fairy ◆ Offensive █ Disarming Voice►40▐ - Never Misses
█ Psychic ◆ Offensive █ Confusion ►50▐ - 4/10 Chance of confusion
█ Grass ◆ Offensive █ Magical leaf► 60▐ - unaffected by changes to accuracy stat and evasion stat.
█ Psychic ◆ Defensive █ Teleport ►N/A▐ - Allows User to Flee Wild Battles; Also Warps Player to the Last Pokemon Center they visited
Next Move wanted: Lv 19 Heal pulse
Held item:
Ability:Synchronize: When this Pokémon becomes Poisoned, Paralyzed, or Burned, so does the opponent. However, Fire-type and Water Veil ability Pokémon cannot be Burned, Poison-type and Steel-type and Immunity ability Pokémon cannot be Poisoned, and Limber ability Pokémon cannot be Paralyzed.*

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Marill ( Vivienne )♀ █ Hardy █ Water ◆ Fairy █
█ Water ◆ Offensive █ Bubble ►40▐ - 1/2 chance of lowering targets speed
█ Water ◆ Offensive █ Watergun ►40▐ -
█ Normal ◆ Defensive █ Defense Curl ►N/A▐ - Raises user's defense by one stage, doubles the power of rollout and ice ball as long as the user remains in battle
█ Rock ◆ Offensive █ Rollout ►Special▐ - Does damage over five turns (10, 20, 40, 80, 100), If Defense Curl was used any time prior to using Rollout, damage at each interval is twice the base amount
Next Move wanted:Lv 13 Bubble Beam
Held item: Sooth Bell
Ability:Huge Power: All physical attacks used by this pokemon will do x1.3 damage*

*A very special thanks to Tano who let's us use his formats for free! Thanks man, you rock my socks~! heart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:47 am
User Image
TheodoreOwenLamperouge
Prince of Tyvia
Movement : 2/3Wild Encounter : 3/5Trainer Challenge : 78/15

Well, pouting wasn't going to do anything for Theo and his journey. He had to get back to training and earn his first badge. Hopefully before Aston found him. A badge would show Aston he was capable of making this journey. Besides that, Theo needed it to complete his journey. Or, carry on with it really.

[ out of coups ]

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
CONTAINED Dominick || 14 || 3/24 || 140/140 || Telepathy ROAMING Alba || 6 || 11/15 || 60/60 || Synchronize CONTAINED Olivia || 11 || 3/21 || 100/100 || Magician ROAMING Elliot || 7 || 7/20 || 70/70 || Gale Wings CONTAINED Vin || 6 || 16/19 || 60/60 || Pickup CONTAINED Claire || 9 || 11/19 || 90/90 || Pickup
Moonlight : Restores half max HP (Fully restores HP at night) || ~Boomburst : 140 || Dragon Pulse : 85 || Hurricane : 110 (7/10 chance of Confusion, Hits enemies in air for double damage)
~Growl : Lowers target's attack one stage || Confusion : 50 (4/10 chance of Confusion) || Double Team : Raises user's evasion one stage
•Scratch : 40 || Ember : 40 (1/10 chance of Burn) || ~Tail Whip : Lowers target's defense one stage || Howl : Raises user's attack one stage
•Tackle : 50 || ~Growl : Lowers target's attack one stage || •Quick Attack : 40 (Priority +1)
•Tackle : 50 || Agility : Raises user's speed two stages || ~Leer : Lowers target's defense one stage
~Growl : Lowers target's attack one stage || •Tackle : 50 || ~Tail Whip : Lowers target's defense one stage || Sand Attack : Lowers target's accuracy one stage

Inventory
Items
Basic Ball || 1 Psychic Gem || 1 Heart Scale
1 Fire Stone || 1 Big Mushroom
Medicine
Potion
TM/HM
empty
Berry
5 Chilan || 5 Payapa
Key
empty
Personal
Locket w/ Family Portrait || Town Map (Kalos) || Kalos-style PokéDex

Albino - Cedric

Albino - Cedric

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:03 am
User Image
TheodoreOwenLamperouge
Prince of Tyvia
Movement : 2/3Wild Encounter : 4/5Trainer Challenge : 79/15

Returning Alba and Elliot to their Pokéballs, Theo continued to search for Pokémon to train against, and catch if he didn't have it already. This was going to be a long journey.

[ out of coups ]

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
CONTAINED Dominick || 14 || 4/24 || 140/140 || Telepathy CONTAINED Alba || 6 || 12/15 || 60/60 || Synchronize CONTAINED Olivia || 11 || 4/21 || 100/100 || Magician CONTAINED Elliot || 7 || 8/20 || 70/70 || Gale Wings CONTAINED Vin || 6 || 17/19 || 60/60 || Pickup CONTAINED Claire || 9 || 12/19 || 90/90 || Pickup
Moonlight : Restores half max HP (Fully restores HP at night) || ~Boomburst : 140 || Dragon Pulse : 85 || Hurricane : 110 (7/10 chance of Confusion, Hits enemies in air for double damage)
~Growl : Lowers target's attack one stage || Confusion : 50 (4/10 chance of Confusion) || Double Team : Raises user's evasion one stage
•Scratch : 40 || Ember : 40 (1/10 chance of Burn) || ~Tail Whip : Lowers target's defense one stage || Howl : Raises user's attack one stage
•Tackle : 50 || ~Growl : Lowers target's attack one stage || •Quick Attack : 40 (Priority +1)
•Tackle : 50 || Agility : Raises user's speed two stages || ~Leer : Lowers target's defense one stage
~Growl : Lowers target's attack one stage || •Tackle : 50 || ~Tail Whip : Lowers target's defense one stage || Sand Attack : Lowers target's accuracy one stage

Inventory
Items
Medicine
Potion
TM/HM
empty
Berry
5 Chilan || 5 Payapa
Key
empty
Personal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:32 pm
User Image
Taz

Taz nodded, looking Dumuzi over, his head tilting to the side and an almost questioning look very briefly crossing his face, only for him to meet the trainer's gaze and give another friendly smile. "Nothing to start out with, no. Don't worry, I'll fill you in. We should probably get your pokemon healed first, though, so that you can actually try some things if you want. I could use a trip to the pokecenter for my pokemon too, come to think about it," he remarked, tilting his head to the side. He lifted a hand, waving it dismissively and closing his eyes with a bit of a grin. "Don't worry about it. Like Miss Viola, I like what I do. I'm happy to share it with someone," he remarked, then straightened, looking over at the gym leader. "Is it alright if I leave my art stuff over there?" he asked.

"Sure thing, Taz. Just make sure you come and get it before you leave the area," Viola replied, shifting to step back, "I need to go heal my pokemon up as well, but you two have fun, alright? And feel free to let me know how things go, Dumuzi." She gave a warm smile and a wave, before turning to head back towards a door leading further into the building, so she could get her pokemon healed up, and her photos from the battle developing.

Taz turned to Dumuzi, gesturing towards the exit. "Ready to head for the pokecenter?" he asked.

Razsminion
Lol sure! biggrin And I'm sure Viola will be at some contests, so maybe they could cross paths then lol
In the meantime, I'll have Taz move them along some, so that others can challenge her if they want >w> And they can get down to business

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:17 pm
Loonamist
Viola: Dumuzi! ...why are you wearing a dress hon? o u o??
Dumuzi: OAO!!! Cause I got nice legs?

User Image

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxI cannot change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
-Jimmy Dean

”Ah, yes please! That battle was a really, really close one for us.” All it would have taken was one quick hit from Vivillion and he would have lost that one by a hair. The only reason that he won that one was because Titania was just that much quicker than Vivillion. Dumuzi waved back to Viola before she made her own exit and started to head towards the door alongside his new mentor himself. He was honestly unsure of what to think about all of this himself, but he would be open minded to learning about this contest thing and he would give it an honest shot. He didn’t hold any illusion that he would be any good at this sort of thing right off the bat and he reminded himself not to get discouraged about it if things didn’t go well right away or if he didn’t fully understand something. Maybe he would like this, and maybe he wouldn’t, all he could do was give this an honest effort and if this didn’t call to him he could explore other options.
The walk to the pokemon center was filled with some small talk, he assumed that Taz would want to hold off explaining things until he could do so totally uninterrupted and free from distraction. Dumuzi felt himself distracted a bit though, he couldn’t help but keep looking into the windows of the shop and pondering over things in between his conversations with his new acquaintance. Both Viola and Taz mentioned that they couldn’t be happier, but… was there something that could make Dumuzi happier? He played with such tantalizing thoughts but wasn’t sure if he would ever have the courage to act upon it himself. But… maybe he could experiment a little too, nobody knew him here…

”Etes-vous ici pour guérir vos pokemon?”
”Oui s'il vous plaît“ Dumuzi was starting to feel a little proud of himself, he was starting to get a grasp on the flow of the language a little better with the more common phrases of the language, he still had a ways to go in order to be fluent by any stretch of the imagination, but at least he wasn’t butchering it like he used to. When his pokemon were handed over he took a step back so that then next person could give the pokemon over to the Nurse. Looking over at Taz again he started to ask some questions about the Contest circuit. ”So Taz, what makes a Contest different from any other pokemon activity? I mean… what is the main appeal of doing contests over, say, being a trainer instead?” Maybe that would be a good place to start, he was going to assume that all of what he had heard about the contests were false and that he should build up some facts before starting to get into things full force. The more technical aspect would all come later when Taz found a good place to show him all the ropes at once.

Thoughts: Erm... Would it be okay to be Feya every now and then here? Nobody would know, right?
Feelings: Curious and I got some nervous excitement!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 30/170 Condition: N/A Lv: 17 Exp: 22/22 Status: In Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:0/100 Condition: Fainted Lv: 10 Exp: 21/21 Status: In pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 6/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 30/40
Wild Encounter's 15/5
NPC Encounter: 54/??

-Infinite Pokeballs User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-Infinite Potions User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries
- 2 Paralyze PotionsUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ralts ♀ ( Titania )█ Sassy █ Psychic◆ Fairy █
█ Grass ◆ Offensive █ Magical leaf► 60▐ - unaffected by changes to accuracy stat and evasion stat.
█ Psychic ◆ Defensive █ Teleport ►N/A▐ - Allows User to Flee Wild Battles; Also Warps Player to the Last Pokemon Center they visited
Held item:
Ability:Synchronize: When this Pokémon becomes Poisoned, Paralyzed, or Burned, so does the opponent. However, Fire-type and Water Veil ability Pokémon cannot be Burned, Poison-type and Steel-type and Immunity ability Pokémon cannot be Poisoned, and Limber ability Pokémon cannot be Paralyzed.*

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Marill ( Vivienne )♀ █ Hardy █ Water ◆ Fairy █
█ Normal ◆ Defensive █ Defense Curl ►N/A▐ - Raises user's defense by one stage, doubles the power of rollout and ice ball as long as the user remains in battle
█ Rock ◆ Offensive █ Rollout ►Special▐ - Does damage over five turns (10, 20, 40, 80, 100), If Defense Curl was used any time prior to using Rollout, damage at each interval is twice the base amount
Ability:Huge Power: All physical attacks used by this pokemon will do x1.3 damage*

*A very special thanks to Tano who let's us use his formats for free! Thanks man, you rock my socks~! heart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:29 pm
User Image
Taz

Taz nodded as they headed out. "Looks like you handled it well, though. I'll admit, I wasn't really watching, but I glanced up a few times, and your pokemon seemed to have held their own fairly well. It was kind of obvious you weren't enjoying it, though," he remarked rather honestly, hands in his pockets. He carried on light conversation with Dumuzi as they made their way, letting the boy go first, before handing Nurse Joy one of his pokeballs as well, side stepping out of the way for other trainers and standing aside with the young trainer while their pokemon were healed.

While he waited, and as Dumuzi spoke, he pulled out three more of his pokeballs, absently beginning to juggle them as he listened to the young trainer. "Well, a lot of things. For one, the point isn't to knock your opponent out, but rather to out perform them. There is some battling, but it's a showmanship contest, not a contest of force. The attacks aren't meant to do actual physical damage, but rather to amplify the pokemon's own appeal, or diminish their opponent's appeal. It's a very different game, with a lot more going into abstract strategy, both with the pokemon you use, the moves you use,w hen you use them, the items you use... You have to put attention into your pokemon's appearance. It's... gentler, I think. I never really battled my pokemon, personally..." As he talked, he continued juggling, but stopped, catching each of the pokeballs and looking at Dumuzi with a smile.

"There's still a lot to do, though. You get to learn how to groom pokemon-- and you can learn a lot about their diets. You learn how to make poffins and pokeblocks, and which are the best for each of your pokemon, and their movesets. You have a lot of options, on top of that-- there are different contests, and ways to go about preparing for them. Right now, the focus of them is in Hoenn, but I've heard they're hoping to expand, as they become more popular. Plus..." He tilted his head to the side, a grin crossing his face. "You get to dress up. Which is also pretty fun."

Razsminion
Taz: She does have great legs wink
Lol

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:56 pm
Loonamist
Dumuzi: O////O T-Taz!

User Image

xxxxxxxx
-Jimmy Dean

Dumuzi gave something of an amused smile and tilted his head ever so slightly to the side as his mentor took out some pokeballs and started to juggle with them, he seemed to be the type of person who needed to keep their hands busy or else they would get him in trouble. Dumuzi listened intently to what he was being told, and contests certainly seemed to be something that he could really get behind when it came to how pokemon would do ‘battle’ with each other. He visibly relaxed the more he was told about the contests as this definitely seemed like it could be something that he could get behind. ”It sounds like it’s a lot more sophisticated than a regular gym battle… and it also seems a little daunting too, that’s a lot to try and remember.” Dumuzi wondered if it was truly as complicated as it sounded or whether or not it was just one of those things that sounded clunky and awkward but was really easy after you got the hang of it. Dumuzi listened with growing interest as he went on about what would be expected of him. Grooming, diets and… Pokepuffs? He wasn’t really sure what that meant really, but he assumed that with time he would be taught about them. When the mention of Hoenn was brought up, Dumuzi’s face turned grim and ashened. Oh lord… he didn’t want to go back there just yet. His mom was probably tearing the town apart looking for the wayward child so that she could flay him alive. ”Uh… there are Contest rings here though, right? I won’t have to go all the way to Hoenn to get started, right?” Having someone who was here in Kalos who was a Coordinator meant that there was something here that he could get, maybe it wouldn’t be anything fancy, but if the group was trying to spread the interest, what better way than to host these sorts of events here in your home region.
At least, that’s what Dumuzi desperately hoped, because he really wasn’t ready to go back home yet, not at all…
When the topic changed to him getting dressed up the color returned to his face, and the way that Taz was looking at him certainly brought some crimson to his cheeks. ”You don’t say? Dutifully noted.” Dumuzi tried to it off as though he wasn’t interested, but there was a fluttering in his stomach at the thought of being Feya during the contests, it would be safe to do that there, right? Again, nobody knew him and people would be far too distracted with the events and pokemon to really notice him or for him to risk being… discovered. But he kept those thoughts locked up, at least for now. ”Okay, so… where should we start? It seems like there is a lot to learn about these contest rings. Are the rules the same everywhere or are there special rules with each and every region for these contests?”

Thoughts: I almost feel like this will give me half the skills of a breeder and half the skills of a Pokémon Center nurse. O.o

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 180/180 Condition: N/A Lv: 18 Exp: 1/23 Status: In Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:110/110 Condition: N/A Lv: 11 Exp: 1/22 Status: In pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 7/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 31/40
Wild Encounter's 16/5
NPC Encounter: 56/??

-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

Held item:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:59 pm
User Image
TheodoreOwenLamperouge
Prince of Tyvia
Movement : 2/3Wild Encounter : 5/5Trainer Challenge : 80/15

As Theo walked around to take a break from the training - how lazy was that? - he spotted someone holding a brochure. He didn't really care at first, but he noticed the word "festivities" on it and he grew curious. Going over, he peeked over the guy's shoulder to read it. Tan..abata. Looks like a festival. Oh! Are those yukata and jinbei!? I'd love to wear a jinbei! Maybe he could take Dumuzi. A festival would help them talk without fighting, wouldn't it? Festivals were generally fun and the atmosphere was light. It'd be a great place to spend some time with him. "Oi! What are yer doin'!? Don't yer know nothin' bout personal space!?" "I, uh! Well, I saw the brochure and--" The guy, who was actually a trillion times shorter when he was sitting, stood and cracked his knuckles. He clearly wasn't afraid to threaten a kid, so hitting one probably wasn't impossible for him "Ah! H-How about I make it up to you? Things don't need to turn violent. D-Do they?" Apparently, they did. Theo braced himself for the punch, but Dominick appeared and snapped his jaws at the thug. It startled him for a moment, but then he grabbed his own Pokéball. "Oh! Daddy, what a pretty Pokémon! Can I pet it!?" Saved by the little girl. The man sneered at Theo, but released his Pokéball. "Not today. We have to go get ready for the festival. Remember what it was like last year?" The two left and Theo collapsed, sitting with his legs crossed and back slumped. He was too careless, with both his actions and words. That was probably why he and Dumuzi fought. Theo would have to work on that. "Th-Thanks, Dominick....You saved me. Again." "Vern."

[ Just...passing time. Plus, seemed like a Theo thing to do. XD ]

CONTAINED Dominick || 14 || 5/24 || 140/140 || Telepathy CONTAINED Alba || 6 || 13/15 || 60/60 || Synchronize CONTAINED Olivia || 11 || 5/21 || 100/100 || Magician CONTAINED Elliot || 7 || 9/20 || 70/70 || Gale Wings CONTAINED Vin || 6 || 18/19 || 60/60 || Pickup CONTAINED Claire || 9 || 13/19 || 90/90 || Pickup

Inventory
Items
Medicine
Potion
TM/HM
empty
Berry
5 Chilan || 5 Payapa
Key
empty
Personal

Albino - Cedric

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:59 pm
User Image
Taz

Taz gave a lazy grin, tilting his head a bit. "It's not so much when you learn it step by step. Think of it not as a lot you have to do, but a lot you can," he offered, then started juggling again, watching the pokeballs, "You can start with the basics, and even that's fun, especially if you have friends you can practice and compete against. You learn the system, you figure out what your pokemon can do, what moves you can try, and how you can improve them. Then you can start learning how to groom your pokemon and improve their appeal, and about combos, and items you can use. And how to make poffins to improve their appeal even more... There's always a way to get better, something new to learn, or a new goal to aim for." As he talked, his grin grew, his eyes lighting up as he watched the pokeballs, but it looked like he was seeing far past them, at memories of contests passed, and dreams of ones yet to come.

Once more, he caught the pokeballs, smiling at Dumuzi, and this time tucking them away. "The only ones with Contest Leaders are in Hoenn," he replied, "But I've heard rumor of extending them to Sinnoh and Kanto. Nothing definite, though." He glanced back towards the counter, looking for signs that his pokemon was ready, then swinging his gaze back around to look at Dumuzi, shifting his weight to one side and placing his hand on his hip. He tilted his head to the side, looking at him, then perking up at his question, a rather enthused, toothy grin crossing his face. So... he was interested, then?

"It's probably good to start with the basics!" he replied, moving over to the counter as his name was called, and his pokeball was placed on the counter for pick up, "I can walk you through what going into a contest is like, and demonstrate some of it. The rules are pretty much the same everywhere, from what I've personally experienced. You can always get together with friends and have faux contests to practice something in particular, if you want, but that's different, obviously. If you want to start now, we can go outside, and I can show you what I do with some of my pokemon."

Razsminion
Taz: Yes? ^w^

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:27 pm
Loonamist
Dumuzi: Y-you don't have to draw attention like that! >///>

User Image

xxxxxxxx
-Jimmy Dean

”I guess when you break it up into smaller pieces then it becomes more manageable, but there sure does seem like there is a lot to do and memorise.” And indeed, this sounded to him like this was going to be just as much a hobby as it was going to any sort of contest. It was something that you would very easily be able to get wrapped up in and also something that could consume your time almost indefinitely. Dumuzi continued to listen to Taz as he went on and couldn’t help but note that there was so much passion in him for this, he supposed that you didn’t get that way with nothing more than a passing interest. Dumuzi had never been that passionate about anything before, so in a way he really didn’t understand what the excitement and the feeling of it was all about. He enjoyed things, sure, but there was just something that went beyond mere enjoyment that seemed to possess this young boy. Dumuzi wondered if he was going to feel the same way about it? Maybe he would find that passion that Viola was talking about as well through this. Dumuzi’s thoughts were interrupted when the nurse brought out Dumuzi’s pokemon. He thanked her in her native tongue and placed his pokemon back on his belt

To say that Dumuzi was a little disappointed to hear that there was no contest circuits here was an understatement. He would have loved to see one of these in action and if he really was going to get into this, he was going to want to get in and learn everything there was too it, even with all of the instruction from Taz in the world, he would probably learn a lot more from other contestants and from actually doing things through trial and error. As much as he hated to admit it, he may have to go back home a lot sooner than he was ready in order to participate in these things if they were what he wanted to do. And if he ever met up with Theo again and they wanted to travel together then it might be a while before he would be able to participate in such things. Theo may also not have much interest in helping him out if they did get back together as travel partners as well. Theo seemed to be comfortable as a trainer, and if he didn’t know anything about the contests and what they did or how they worked, the practice that might have occurred could be for nothing.
Then there was always the concern about the obedience of the pokemon as well.

Dumuzi snapped out of his own head when Taz offered to show him the ropes and what not. ”Sure. I got my gym badge so… I don’t have anything too pressing to do, at least not that I know of.” Dumuzi made his way over to his mentors side so that they could travel to wherever he had in mind for his demonstrations. Dumuzi wasn’t sure how well his pokemon were going to adapt to the Contest ring if this was what he decided to do. So far they had been used for fighting, so when Taz decided to show them what was going on, he would bring them both out of their pokeballs so they could watch what was going on and how things were done.

Thoughts: I almost feel like this will give me half the skills of a breeder and half the skills of a Pokémon Center nurse. O.o

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 180/180 Condition: N/A Lv: 18 Exp: 2/23 Status: In Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:110/110 Condition: N/A Lv: 11 Exp: 2/22 Status: In pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 8/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 32/40
Wild Encounter's 17/5
NPC Encounter: 57/??

-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

Held item:

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:56 pm
User Image
Taz

The young coordinator shrugged. "I wouldn't say... 'memorize', but there is a lot to do," he admitted, tossing his pokeball up one more time, and then placing it on his waist, "It's just not all necessary right from the start." He looked at the young man curiously as he put the pokeball away, tilting his head to the side. He could tell something was going through his mind... but he wasn't sure what. And he wasn't really the sort to pry, so he let him have his moment, then shifted, looking around again, and starting for the door.

He smiled a bit when Dumuzi agreed to being shown a demonstration, and nodded, gesturing for him to follow. "Glad to hear it. I'll try my best to teach you what I can, then," he agreed, stretching his arms up over his head as the walked out. He closed his eyes, inhaling with a happy smile, then bringing his hands down, one behind his head, and the other resting on his hat. "Come on, we can go to the edge of the city, so we're not too close to the crowds," he recommended, eventually dropping his hands back to his side. He came to a stop, looking around with his hands on his hips, then giving a nod once he was sure it was clear enough.

"Alright, first thing's first..." he started, reaching for the pokeball he'd had healed at the pokecenter, "This is Chas." He released his pokeball, red light streaking from inside and hitting the ground, growing and glowing, before fading to reveal a dragonair, its scales sparkling in the light. The blue was the color of the sky, its belly and wings pure white, almost blinding in the sunlight. It curled its tail loosely about Taz's feet, lightly swaying the tip and looking calmly at Dumuzi. "He's been my partner since I was little," Taz continued, smiling at the pokemon, who turned his head, "And he specializes in Beauty contests. Which brings us to lesson one-- there are five types of contests. Beauty, Tough, Cool, Cute, and Smart. They kind of explain themselves, but different pokemon and different movesets align better with different types of contests. There are books, and they're worth getting, that can teach you what contest each move best aligns with. It's best to make sure your using moves of the right contest type, because those that don't usually get less appeal points."

He reached up, gently stroking Chas' head as he talked. "Appeal points are what determine your score, essentially, and I'll go over how to get them. Before I start going over the different points of a contest, though, do you have any questions on what I've gone over so far, or anything?" he asked, giving an inviting smile, "I want to make sure I'm not throwing too much information at you."

Razsminion
Taz: But Dumuzi... you mentioned it first -curious smirk-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:20 pm
Loonamist
Dumuzi: *fidgets* T-that was only because I was trying to deflect the topic away from me being in a dress. >////<

User Image

xxxxxxxx
-Jimmy Dean

Dumuzi followed Taz though the city to its outskirts so that they could get a little bit of privacy with their talk and the demonstration. When they finally got there, he let both of his pokemon out of their pokeball so that his girls could learn alongside with him on this. When Chas was introduced, Dumuzi became a little surprised to see such a magnificent creature before him, Dumuzi offered the Dragonair a softer look and offered his hand for the pokemon to get his scent, a bit of a peaceful gesture towards the pokemon to let him know that he wasn’t going to hurt him or anything. ”He certainly is beautiful.” Dumuzi replied gently, even Titania and Vivienne were enthralled with the glamour of the Coordinator’s elegant dragon. Dumuzi listened to the information that was being given to him. ”Okay, that makes sense- People who come to a beauty contest usually don’t want to see tough pokemon. But are there moves in different skill sets that go better with categories that they don’t belong to? Like… if a beautiful pokemon uses a cute move, will the judges take points away fewer points than if the beautiful pokemon used a Tough move? Also, do the abilities of the pokemon play a factor in the contests? Like if a pokemon has ‘Cute Charm’ would they get a boost to the cute type moves being used? Finally, how is the best way to determine what sort of pokemon do better with what categories, or is that all in the move sets?”
Dumuzi already wanted those books! This was really kind of interesting. He continued to listen with ever growing interest. He couldn’t help but think that this was like a game of chess, you needed to out think your opponents and try to anticipate their moves based off the pokemon that they were using. Granted, TM`s made things a little more difficult when trying to guess the move set of the pokemon.

Thoughts: Hmm... this is kind of complicated, but at the same time very organized and interesting.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 180/180 Condition: N/A Lv: 18 Exp: 3/23 Status: Out of Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:110/110 Condition: N/A Lv: 11 Exp: 3/22 Status: Out of pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 9/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 33/40
Wild Encounter's 18/5
NPC Encounter: 58/??

-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

Held item:

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:27 pm
User Image
Taz

Taz smiled, keeping his hand on Chas even as the dragonair leaned forward, delicately smelling Dumuzi's hand, and then wrist. He pulled back, looking at Taz with attentive, intelligent eyes, but remained quiet. The coordinator looked appreciatively up at the dragon pokemon as Dumuzi praised it and Chas gave a low coo of gratitude for the compliment. He reached up, stroking the pokemon's head again, then lowered his hand to rest on Chas' back, turning his attention to Dumuzi and listening to his questions.

He shook his head, lifting a hand up and gesturing a bit as he talked. "No, it doesn't matter what the type the move is, really-- if it doesn't fit with the contest, it gets the same amount of point deduction. It might seem like a smaller offense to use cute in beauty, or beauty in cute, but... they're particular. Beauty is beauty, cute is cute. Tough is tough, and cool is cool. As similar as they may seem, they just aren't the same, and even though beauty and tough may clash more, they're just as different as cute and beauty as far as the judges are concerned. Which is why it's so important to check your pokemon's movesets. While we're on the subject... different moves have different effects, too. So while two moves might be a beauty type, one might startle your opponents, and make them do worse, while others may excite the audience, and others still might depend on other pokemons performance to determine their own. It can be a bit complicated, as you delve into it... but the first step is simply finding your pokemon's moveset that fits into the right contest type. From there, you can start trying to strategize more, and figure out what strategies work best," he elaborated.

He shifted, crossing his arms over his chest, and leaning against Chas, who didn't seem to mind. "As for abilities, they don't really play into contests, no. Those are more of a battle-active component to a pokemon's skillset. As for picking your pokemon... it's in the movesets. It's kind of nicely indiscriminate in that a single pokemon has options if their moves are varied, but it's also limiting in that that's what determines what they're best suited for. Being a coordinator doesn't take nearly as much training as being a trainer does, but it does take strategy, and research, and obtaining items, berries, and other things. It's a very different ball game... but still rewarding. Especially if you happen to dislike battling."

Giving a smile, he pushed off his pokemon, and straightened up. "Let me go ahead and give you a run down of how a contest goes, and then I can answer some more of your questions," he recommended, stepping away, "I'll start with Chas, since he's already out. Originally, you start with your pokemon in their pokeball. Before the contest begins, you have the opportunity to prepare them, which is when you decide what items to give them. Items can be used to increase their appeal, which, again, is what determines their points, and thus, their ranking. Just like when battling pokemon, you can use different items to strategize, and there are a lot of options. You can use several at the same time, too, unlike in battle, creating costumes, and accentuating your pokemons features to better fit the current contest. Right now, I don't have any items on Chas, but I'll give you a demonstration of the effect that can have later."

He turned to Chas, still slightly turned towards Dumuzi, and glancing towards the trainer out of the corner of his eye. "Once you've done that, you'll have the opportunity to 'present' your pokemon. Its your first impression. Your pokemon uses one move when released from their pokeball, and that, combined with your prep work, and your presentation, determines your base appeal going into the next round. It also determines which order you perform." He gestured towards Chas. "For four rounds after that, each participant puts on a performance." Chas lifted his head, churring, the sunlight suddenly intensifying as he used Sunny Day, the glimmer from his scales increasing, making him look as though he were nearly glowing. "Where you can use a single move to gain appeal, or..." He trailed off, Chas lifting his head up, circular pulses of water radiating into the sky. The Water Pulse lasted a moment before the dragonair stopped and whipped his tail around, summoning a blast of cold, snowy air that rushed up, freezing the water into perfect hoops of ice with a concise, shortened Blizzard attack. His body coiled, then leaped up, perfectly soaring through the hoops as they paused at the apex of their ascent. His tail coiled, catching the hoops to hook along his body, and at the top of his jump, he spun, throwing the iced water down where it shattered into a cloud of sparkling ice that lifting up and out as he landed, his tail swishing to fan it up, letting it billow just below his face, before fading into mist as it melted. "Combine them, to create a unique and formidable combo move," he finished, turning to Dumuzi. "After that, there's a few rounds where the pokemon battle... and I can demonstrate that after I bring my other pokemon out. First, though, you probably have some questions. It's a lot to take in. So... what do you want to know?" he asked, placing his hands behind his head and tilting his head, while Chas calmly bowed his head, looking at Dumuzi carefully.

Razsminion
Taz: *gives a laid back grin* Cute. You should be more comfortable with expressing yourself, though. Besides, you look good in a dress~

ERMAGERD SO MUCH TEXT
o Ao
I'm sorry if that's a lot to read D: Trying to get the info out, have it make sense, be realistic, and flow well... oTL I dunno if it worked, but I hope it's okay..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Loonamist
Dumuzi: >////< I'll ... keep that in mind.

No, no! That's fine. There is no need to apologize for it. ^.^ It turned out great. >w<

User Image

xxxxxxxx
-Jimmy Dean

At first, Dumuzi couldn’t answer the question that was asked of him, he was still in awe of what Chas had just pulled off as a combo move. He could definitely see where the judges would have loved that. That last demonstration really started to make him wonder if he was getting over his head with this, but everyone would have to start somewhere, right? There was no reason that neither him nor his pokemon would be able to get to that point where he couldn’t do anything like that. It would take a hell of a lot of practice and effort, sure, but he was confident that he could eventually get to the point of pulling something like that off himself. He looked down at his pokemon who looked just as awestruck as him, though they managed to pull themselves out of it and clapped in amusement when the dusting of snow had settled.
Dumuzi was following along pretty well, actually, what was being said made a lot of sense to him. ”I… I think I might be okay.” Dumuzi said with a little confidence. He then gave something of an apologetic smile. ”Then again, until I try it for myself I may not actually get it, get it. But I think that I got the gist of what you’re saying: Beauty is beauty, so I should decide on what moves my pokemon knows best, categorise them in one of the five categories and then focus their moves into either improving my appeal, decreasing anothers performance, or playing off another contestants appeal to improve my own. Next, I need to think about things that will increase or augment my pokemon’s appeal artificially and for a short time. This would be done before the contest starts, once that happens I have to pick a strong move that will give off a good impression of what my pokemon will be capable of for the judges. Then the next round is when strategy starts to come in and I can either do one move at a time or combine two moves to make something different… then the final stage.” Dumuzi looked over at Taz and gave something of a smile. ”Did I get it right or is there something I’m not understanding? Though, I suppose my question out of all of that would be: how would I know what combination will work to make one of those combo’s and do only a certain combinations of moves actually pull off a combo, or do all moves mix together to make a combo – it would just have various effects?” He wasn’t sure if that last part of the question made sense or not. He paused for a moment to think of how to better word the question. ”Like… can only certain moves work together to get those combo’s or can you mix any pair of moves together to make a combo?” Was that a better set up to the question? Hopefully it was, granted maybe he should let Taz continue on with the demonstration as it was always possible that he could have answered the question that way.

Thoughts: oAo Damn, there is going to be some fierce competition in this field.
Feelings: Getting excited about this!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 180/180 Condition: N/A Lv: 18 Exp: 4/23 Status: Out of Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:110/110 Condition: N/A Lv: 11 Exp: 4/22 Status: Out of pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 10/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 34/40
Wild Encounter's 19/5
NPC Encounter: 59/??

-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

Held item:

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:20 am
User Image
Taz

Taz let it sink in a moment, smiling, now looking a little embarrassed at the momentary silence. Did he do too much? He grinned and laughed, though, as the pokemon clapped, placing one hand over his stomach and dipping into a bow, the other elegantly held to the side. Chas, too, politely bowed his head in thanks, still calmly waving his tail and demurely observing the situation. Taz straightened up, reaching his hands into his coat pocket, a relaxed, laid back smile crossing his face as he looked at Dumuzi.

He tipped his head, gaze sliding to the side as he listened to the trainer reiterate, nodding intermittently as he followed him in response. He straightened up as he finished, giving another, more solid nod, and shaking his head to his quesiton. "No, it sounds like you have a pretty good understanding of it so far," he replied, giving a smile, "You catch on quick." He tilted his head, his eyes flashing as his smile grew. "As for combos... The variety of ways to use moves together is only limited by your imagination." He straightened up, eyes half open and a relaxed look on his face. "You can combine whatever moves you want, if you can think of a way to integrate them. You can even use moves of different contest types-- they just won't gain as much appeal unless they match. You should also know that using the same move twice in a row will result in a drop of appeal on that move... and that combinations are difficult to pull off. It takes a lot of teamwork, coordination, and focus. To be honest, you might not be able to do it at first. Once you have more experience, though, it should get easier, and eventually, you'll be able to pull them off all the time."

He shifted, pulling his hand from his coat pocket to rub the back of his neck. "If you want, I can go on to the next step, and show you some of the ways to augment your pokemon's appearance, as well as a small demonstration of the battle round. I'll be using pokemon of two different contest type, which won't happen unless someone really messed up, but... it's just to give you the general idea. You ready?" he asked, resting his hand on one of his other pokeballs.

Razsminion
Taz: *smiles* Good.

D'aww, ty sweatdrop Took me a while 'cause I suddenly realized I didn't have anything prepared despite ALL MY PREPARING =w= Lol but, I'm glad it... worked well enough ovo ; And wasn't too confusing.

❻ Kalos Region

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games