Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Lights of Orellic (Pathfinder Homebrew Open to All) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:46 am
Xun Ira
So in areas, that they are emerging, they are closer to Muskets or revolvers?

Yes, it's still limited to early firearms.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:54 am
WhimsicalXellos
Quote:

This is going to sound stupid, but how does one improve hitdice for a monster?

Xun Ira

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 pm
Xun Ira

You cannot. Monsters have set HD. That being said, the basic HP a monster has is an average based on the HD. If you want a monster to have more or less health, use the dice as a guide for the health range.
For example: a monster may have 3d8 and a +2 Con mod. I'm pretty sure basic HP would be 19. But what if you were to actually roll those dice? It could have health anywhere between 9 and 30.

On the other hand, some monsters may have class levels instead of monster levels. You would use their class hit die for their HP instead of the monster hit die, which could easily increase a monster's average HP (or even lower it).  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:25 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Xun Ira

You cannot. Monsters have set HD. That being said, the basic HP a monster has is an average based on the HD. If you want a monster to have more or less health, use the dice as a guide for the health range.
For example: a monster may have 3d8 and a +2 Con mod. I'm pretty sure basic HP would be 19. But what if you were to actually roll those dice? It could have health anywhere between 9 and 30.

On the other hand, some monsters may have class levels instead of monster levels. You would use their class hit die for their HP instead of the monster hit die, which could easily increase a monster's average HP (or even lower it).

never mind... miss read the text...

Is there a death deity, for Sulli?  

Xun Ira

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:31 pm
Xun Ira

There is. I haven't defined all of the pantheon for Sull quite yet, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Xun Ira

There is. I haven't defined all of the pantheon for Sull quite yet, though.

Take your time; I was just wondering, cause I was working on an undead lord for the area.  

Xun Ira

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:49 pm
Xun Ira
Take your time; I was just wondering, cause I was working on an undead lord for the area.

You'll need to run it by me, then. Undead are not playable characters for a couple reasons. First, I've already limited the playable races to the ten in the first posts. Second, undead work differently in Orellic. Undead are mostly not sentient. Once an undead has lived for a very very long time, their animate energy begins to take on sentience. The new sentient creature's personality will rarely have anything in common with the living soul that used to inhabit it in life. Because of this, you will never see a sentient undead creature under level 8. Characters for this game start at level 2.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:54 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Xun Ira

You'll need to run it by me, then. Undead are not playable characters for a couple reasons. First, I've already limited the playable races to the ten in the first posts. Second, undead work differently in Orellic. Undead are mostly not sentient. Once an undead has lived for a very very long time, their animate energy begins to take on sentience. The new sentient creature's personality will rarely have anything in common with the living soul that used to inhabit it in life. Because of this, you will never see a sentient undead creature under level 8. Characters for this game start at level 2.

No, the Undead Lord Archtype for Cleric.  

Xun Ira

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:07 pm
Xun Ira
No, the Undead Lord Archtype for Cleric.

Oh, lol, well all right. Still, all that ^ was fairly pertinent information anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:58 pm
Doubtful, but any way I could swap Knowledge planes for Survival?

Ether way, Regis ready for dm approval.

And sorry, for not much of a backstory, I really couldn't think of much.  

Xun Ira

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:08 pm
Xun Ira

Okay.
What do you mean by "Dark human"? Just human? Or did you mean orken?
Also, how do you know so many languages? As I figure it, you should only know 3. Lenx, a second language based on your race, and one more because of your +1 Int mod.
And no, you can't just get a new skill because one of your choices is defunct. Especially if you weren't going to use Knowledge (planes) anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:24 am
WhimsicalXellos
Xun Ira

Okay.
What do you mean by "Dark human"? Just human? Or did you mean orken?
Also, how do you know so many languages? As I figure it, you should only know 3. Lenx, a second language based on your race, and one more because of your +1 Int mod.
And no, you can't just get a new skill because one of your choices is defunct. Especially if you weren't going to use Knowledge (planes) anyway.

in order,

Dark human= Orken, I was making the charater mostly from memory, and couldn't think of their name.

Under Linguistics they have learn language.

Just thought I would ask, no harm done.  

Xun Ira

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:52 am
Xun Ira

Ah, cool beans. And my eye skipped over the Linguistics ranks, so all's good.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:09 am
WhimsicalXellos
Xun Ira

Ah, cool beans. And my eye skipped over the Linguistics ranks, so all's good.

anything, else you need from me?  

Xun Ira

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:17 am
Xun Ira
anything, else you need from me?

The questions I ask everyone else.

How/where are you starting your story? Specifically, what is the very first thing you see your character doing, assumedly as a direct extension of what you've laid out in your backstory? Every story needs a beginning. What's yours? I need an inkling so that I can start the thread which will be your story and begin setting up the scene.

If you can't answer with anything specific, at least give me a feeling. Action, romance, politics; I just need a place to start. I already know your region. That's almost good enough to do the work for me, but I still need that extra bit of info.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff