Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The start of the rest of your life(full) Update Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starting level?
  Epic. (If you chose this one, I will hunt you down and throw 2d20 dirty dipers at you, 100d20 each. How is that for epic?)
  1 (Me loves you)
View Results

Drugged Lolli

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:20 am
I present Tik`Tek`Tok the Thri-Kreen Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:45 pm
Grevus, use the first roll on hp and second remove the gun. Wrong era, After these things are done then it will be accepted.

Ipedo, Looks good. Just what a Least Crystal of Adaptation?  

glitterboypilot

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:47 pm
Oh and can we have a Roll call, I want to know who is still in and who has made a quick escape before I write out the threads.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:08 pm
I am still in and I redid my stats with point buy I know you said this was alright and I thank you.  

Archfiend Damio

Drugged Lolli

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:33 am
glitterboypolit
Grevus, use the first roll on hp and second remove the gun. Wrong era, After these things are done then it will be accepted.

Ipedo, Looks good. Just what a Least Crystal of Adaptation?

Ah, right, sorry. It's from the Magic Item Compendium. Requires to be attached to Masterwork or better armour to function. Protects from temperature extremes as an endure elements spell.

And in case it wasn't obvious, I'm still in.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:38 am
Still here =3

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Jacior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:36 am
I here too!!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:57 am
Still here. Decidedly so.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:00 am
Sharty still definitely wants to play.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:18 pm
Ah man, another possible game I could of played a pseudodragon.... crying Why is it that I always have to be gone for a week with no internet when these games are started? sweatdrop

Has this been filled yet? If it has never mind, just wondering since I've been wanting to try out a 'unnatural' species of dragon. Was thinking either Dragon Shaman (PH2), or Dragonfire Adept (Dragon Magic), but that's assuming the dragon is even acceptable. XP I found several links that give useful suggestions on how to make it playable if they help.

Pseudodragon racial progression (WotC forum)

Help with Monster PC (RPGnet forum)
-----------------
Also, since I haven't been on for nearly a week, I haven't been able to say this yet...
I'm sorry for your loss. I know not who this person was too you, but let it be known that we have all felt the pain of loosing someone once in our lives. The pain can hurt for some time, and the memory of it can sting longer, but this pain is a sign that you really cared for this person. Don't cry over your loss, for you should rejoice that the person is now in a better place, and able to watch over all that was important to them.
Whoever it was, may they find many a green meadow full of sunshine where ever they go.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:12 pm
I speak for Grevus and myself (we know each other IRL), we're both still in.

Also, guns were around in the crusades era. The Turks used them against the Crusaders trying to reclaim Jerusalem. Admittedly, that was pretty much single-shot black powder, but the weapon isn't that far off from the standard weapon, right?

I'll peruse the Martial Weapons list, see if there's something we can all settle on.

EDIT: Okay, this was around in the time period we're set in. History-nut kid is a history nut.

The Wheelock Pistol.

It's not like a machine gun, or even the standard revolver we tired to go with. This is a perfectly balanced weapon, even in this campaign. Even in Deadliest Warrior, something like this wasn't able to penetrate armor.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:16 pm
I would take more then a Standard action to reload realistically, but this is D&D the reason I say that is because it took the adverage soldier to reload a musket 15 seconds. (or just over 2 rounds D&D wise)

The gun progression was more like this actually:

* Hand Gonne - circa 1400
* The Flash Pan
* Matchlock - Mid 1400s
* Wheel Lock - circa 1517
* Snaphaunce - circa 1570
* Flintlock - circa 1612
* Percussion Cap - 1805

D&D is supposed to take place during the 1300s well before guns were even thought to be made. A crossbow was the closest thing at the time.

If you want to jump ahead to the Renaissance period you will find the first fire arms there the Muskets as detailed on page 145 of the DMG.
These required gunpowder that could not get wet, in a horn (horns we often water proof) which is about 2 pounds more or less 32 shots (16 ounces/pound and 1 ounce per shot), and a bullets weighting about .2 pounds per bullet or 2 pounds/10 bullets.
Finally D&D requires unless it is a predominated weapon the musket and powder pistol should be Exotic weapons and require the feat for them.
And the attacker of course even with rapid reload will only ever get 1 shot per round.

Now of course reloading is all up to the D&D as it says a standard action I am sure you can take feats like rapid reload and have it apply. But that's up to the DM.
All I was pointing out that guns push things into a new era of game play all together.  

Archfiend Damio

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:53 pm
The Jester of Equilibrium
I would take more then a Standard action to reload realistically, but this is D&D the reason I say that is because it took the adverage soldier to reload a musket 15 seconds. (or just over 2 rounds D&D wise)

The gun progression was more like this actually:

* Hand Gonne - circa 1400
* The Flash Pan
* Matchlock - Mid 1400s
* Wheel Lock - circa 1517
* Snaphaunce - circa 1570
* Flintlock - circa 1612
* Percussion Cap - 1805

D&D is supposed to take place during the 1300s well before guns were even thought to be made. A crossbow was the closest thing at the time.

If you want to jump ahead to the Renaissance period you will find the first fire arms there the Muskets as detailed on page 145 of the DMG.
These required gunpowder that could not get wet, in a horn (horns we often water proof) which is about 2 pounds more or less 32 shots (16 ounces/pound and 1 ounce per shot), and a bullets weighting about .2 pounds per bullet or 2 pounds/10 bullets.
Finally D&D requires unless it is a predominated weapon the musket and powder pistol should be Exotic weapons and require the feat for them.
And the attacker of course even with rapid reload will only ever get 1 shot per round.

Now of course reloading is all up to the D&D as it says a standard action I am sure you can take feats like rapid reload and have it apply. But that's up to the DM.
All I was pointing out that guns push things into a new era of game play all together.

It really depends on what style of play you're using, which wasn't really addressed yet, but I get an impression that it's pretty close to 1300... But, think of how awesome it'd be to start shooting up a horde of orcs before going into melee. Even if it does jump things to a new time period, you have to consider something: Technology can vary from region to region. It happened in history, games, even movies. Sometimes, the less-advanced tech won. It really depends on if you what kind of world you want to build.

Also, we have magic. Magic pretty much changes the whole spectrum on what could have and can happen. Golems are essentially robots (that's futuristic) Alchemist's fire can be used as a bomb, heck, even the War Forged are more advanced than the typical 1300's faire.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:28 pm
Your comparing magic and magic beings to tech. Robots are not magic while yes Golems are like robots they are not one in the same. And Alchemist's fire would be more closely matched with molotov cocktail.
While I agree yes different regions can be more advanced let me ask you this what would be the point of a gun if you have magic? Imagine for a moment just slanging a fire ball bead at someone does far more damage then a gun would and better spread.
Magic and Tech are far different, I could create a cannon without gunpowder because of magic. but I would rather just use the magic for what its intended for.
The point is I see it to be no cooler to blast a bunch of orcs with a hail of arrows or bolts, or blow them away with a fire ball. As apposed to using a weapon that fires once. All I am saying if the DM allows it then he does but it wont be anything special really if you ask me. I have had artificers create things like this in games and done things like this myself. Its just flavor really a Bow is far superior.  

Archfiend Damio

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:47 pm
The Jester of Equilibrium
Your comparing magic and magic beings to tech. Robots are not magic while yes Golems are like robots they are not one in the same. And Alchemist's fire would be more closely matched with molotov cocktail.
While I agree yes different regions can be more advanced let me ask you this what would be the point of a gun if you have magic? Imagine for a moment just slanging a fire ball bead at someone does far more damage then a gun would and better spread.
Magic and Tech are far different, I could create a cannon without gunpowder because of magic. but I would rather just use the magic for what its intended for.
The point is I see it to be no cooler to blast a bunch of orcs with a hail of arrows or bolts, or blow them away with a fire ball. As apposed to using a weapon that fires once. All I am saying if the DM allows it then he does but it wont be anything special really if you ask me. I have had artificers create things like this in games and done things like this myself. Its just flavor really a Bow is far superior.

The caster's revolver would fire about six times before needing to recharge. Besides, this gives the magic-users some more "blow your face off" abilities when their spells are all used up. But, yeah, if a gun doesn't do anything special, then why is anyone complaining?

Besides, swords and guns were put alongside each other in a multitude of awesome games. Final Fantasy, The Tales Series, Kingdom Hearts, even Mortal Kombat all used guns and swords as equal weapons. Nobody really had an edge, either.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff