Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
Sabin's Teepee Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:46 pm
I Need a Favor
Sabin rides to Kamiki's teepee to ask her a favor - milk to feed the newborn foals Taraxippus and Arcana
Soquili of mine Involved: Taraxippus, Arcana, Nodin

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=10721921&page=6

User Image
Once again, the more arduous tasks of parentage fell on Sabin's shoulders. Anju had 'nominated' him to be the one to approach the medicine-woman Kamiki for assistance with feeding the new foals. And what fascinating foals they were! Sabin still couldn't shake the heebie-jeebies when he was around them, knowing full well what their parentage was, but he couldn't help but warm to them. And they were so new and helpless - and they desperately needed nourishment.

Anju's only 'attempt' had certainly not been sufficient, killing a small rabbit, tearing it to pieces and dropping it before the foals. Taraxippus had sniffed at it a little bit and mouthed a bit of it - but even if the little foal would take after his father's carnivorous tendencies, he was still a newborn - and didn't have the teeth to do so. And after that, Anju had pushed Sabin forward to Kamiki's teepee.

Sabin certainly hoped that she had the means to feed two motherless foals... Usually, foals were nursed within minutes of emerging from their baskets, so Sabin traveled quickly, taking Nodin to ride to the teepee further up the mountain.

When he arrived, he stroked Nodin's nose in thanks and left him to mingle and graze and tapped on the side of Kamiki's home.

Kamiki Awahi put the basket she was weaving carefully down on the blanket in front of her. She was wrapped only in a blanket, the thick hide of her home keepings the newborn winter winds at bay. Fall was quickly succumbing to winter, but that didn’t seem to phase the Soquili around. She had not seen so many pregnant or recently foaled mares in many years. Foaling baskets were in high demand.

For modesty’s sake, when she heard the tapping at her door, she slipped on a loose covering of deer-hide before opening the flap to teepee. “Hello, Sabin,” she said with a pleasant smile, motioning for him to come in. She put her slender hand on his shoulder as he passed, making sure the flap was secure behind him. “Its been a few weeks. There is something you need?” She learned a bit closer towards him as she asked, her voice low and undertoned with seduction.

Sabin's anxiety was quickly pushed aside at the comforting sight of the beautiful woman. He ran a hand through his wind-blown hair and drew up his best smile for the lady as he ducked into the teepee.

"It is wonderful to see you, Kamiki" He replied with a hand on hers. However, as much as Sabin would have wanted to make this a more pleasant visit, there were matters that needed to be seen to without delay.

"Yes, unfortunately, I've been kept away recently assisting one of the soquili who.. ah.. frequents my home with new arrivals... unfortunately there is a bit of a complication to the story. Namely, he's a lone stallion with two newly emerged foals and nothing to feed them..." Sabin trailed off with what he hoped was an endearing smile.

“What was a lone stallion doing with foals?” she asked, concerned. “What happened to the mother? Was she injured, did she reject the babies?”

She was already going through her small space, looking in storage baskets for materials. “Have you tried mashing up grass with some berries, sometimes they were take to that until you can procure milk. Though you may have to chew the grass first yourself, to make sure their tummies can digest it.”

"Uhm..." Sabin stalled with brilliant eloquence.

"Well... I think... uhm... he wanted to raise some of them himself. I don't think that he and the mare were... well.. mates per se.." Sabin gesticulated awkwardly.

"But yes, that's besides the point - he has them now and doesn't know how to feed them. Ah.. no, I hadn't thought about grass and berries..." Sabin sighed depreciatingly, "I'm afraid I'm not very good at this."

“Well, for whatever reason, you are lucky there are so many other mare that have milk right now. One of the mares that lives in the Mountain herd dropped three foals just about a week ago. She is heavy with milk, I can get some from her. You are feeding two mouths you say? You will have to ration carefully to be fair to the mare, as her three will come first in her eyes you understand.”
User Image
She found several leather water skeins and slung them over her shoulder. “I should have at least a bit for you by this evening, but in the meantime make sure they drink water and eat a bit.” She motioned to her lips. “Chew grass until its soft, put it in a bowl and mix with berries. You can chew nuts, too, but longer even than the grass. A little bit of deer’s blood can be mixed in if they are looking thin. But not too much.”

Sabin nodded at the instructions, making careful mental note. There was a bit of a fleeting wince on his face when she instructed him to chew grass, but at least he wasn't going to be eating it... And it was for the young ones...

"Thank you... I don't know what I'd do without you, Kamiki." He smiled warmly. "And judging on the father, I think some deer's blood added to the mixture might do the foals well." It was certainly going to be a busy couple of weeks, but hopefully rewarding. Sabin had come here for a change, and a change was precisely what this was. And even working closely with Anju for the same goal. It was... well, it was almost nice.

"So I'll come back here this evening then to pick up the milk?" Fortunately the frost hadn't killed the grass yet, and he had seen some ripe berries around his teepee.

She pursed her lips at the mention of the father and deers blood. “Well, deers blood is good for putting meat on bones, but I wouldn’t encourage that behavior much. They will learn well enough on their own if they truly have those… instincts.” She waved her hand. “Soquili are wonderful creatures. They will be up and eating on their own before you know it.”

She put her arm on his shoulder again. “Yes, please come back this evening. Perhaps if you foals eat well on grass, you will not be in such a hurry.” She let her touch linger on his arm as she looked directly into his eyes.

Sabin rolled his shoulders noncommittally. "Well... we'll see what happens. I'll see if I can get them to take to the mash as it is. And I think that they could use some good nourishment since they haven't done much more than drink water yet. But thank you. It is wonderful to have your expert advise in this matter. Thank you for the encouragement." He smiled. Her encouragement was quite welcome to the nervous ward of the foals. He had grown up on a very small farm, but it was nothing like this. And they had only had one mare that was grown by the time Sabin was old enough to start to learn about the intricacies of animal care.

A wide smile slid across Sabin's face at the innuendo. "Well... I certainly hope you're right." He winked and traced a finger over her jawline before heading back to the door-flap.

The Indian woman got two skeins of milk from a reluctant Kamiki. Ahawi did her best to reassure her that she would be fine, that as long as the foals were sucking her body would make enough to milk to feed them. She made up a special mash of her own for Kamiki to help her replenish her supplies. The mare said it tasted horrible, but she did as she was asked and let the two-legger and let Kamiki harvest the milk.

It was closing in on evening by the time Ahawi had made it back to her teepee. She set the skeins outside to keep them cool, and waited for Sabin to come collect.

Sabin thanked Nodin again before climbing back up on his back and riding back home, mind buzzing with the instructions and hoping that the foals were still alright back at the teepee.

He checked on them, asleep near the fire and curled up next to eachother - just as he had left him. But it had been many hours since their birth, nearly a day, and they looked weak.

Sabin immediately set out to gather the supplies, carrying a bowl that he mashed berries into while chewing on grass and spitting it in to add to it. It was a slow process, and Sabin wondered if he would ever get the foul taste of the grass out of his mouth once this was over. But within an hour or so, Sabin had most of the bowl filled. Then, heading back to the teepee, he added some deer's blood from a recent kill and stirred it all together.

User Image

Nudging the foals gently, they pricked up and sniffed at the bowl with their velvety muzzles. Sabin wished he had some sort of bottle, but the concern was short lived as subsequently each of them began to mouth the food. They were slow at first, but before long they were licking the bowl clean, and Sabin felt his nerves settling.

They were such a strange pair... The dark one looked so much like Anju - a shadowy perversion of the pristine white unicorn that he had bred with - And certainly a fascinating foal. nealy transparent, especially at his extremities - although as he ate he seemed to gain more substance. Sabin had almost wondered if the little foal would eat at all. The other one, it was beautiful - like something from a child's fairy story - and Sabin idly wondered how it could have come from Anju - perhaps it was the result of some blod that was not usually expressed in the shadowy creature, or likewise from the mother. He stroked its soft neckfur as it ate, and it whickered contentedly. And Sabin couldn't help but smile.

They were young, but as Kamiki said, surprisingly healthy even for newly emerged - there really must be some magic in the baskets that incubated them. And they would be growing fast - so Sabin would need to make frequent batches of the mash. It would keep him busy, but it was a welcome change of pace. Caring for something. Not having to worry about them.

Later that evening, after a second feeding, the foals were even up and wandering about the clearing by his teepee. He made another ride out to Kamiki's teepee and thankfully retreived the milk that she had procured for him.

Sabin was even sporting a genuine, smile. And seeing Kamiki only lifted his heart more. Things were looking up. This would be his routine for the next few weeks, helping Anju care for the foals, and it was very fulfilling.

The foals grew stronger, and larger and Sabin found himself looking forward to his daily visits to Kamiki's teepee.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:47 pm
Sibling Rivalry
RP in progress: Arcana and Taraxippus are sent by Anju out into the woods to prove their mettle.
Soquili of mine Involved: Taraxippus, Arcana, Anju

User ImageAnju may not have been the best father. Anju may not even have been a good father, but he was fervent in his demands to spend time with his foals. Perhaps he let (let... made..) Sabin do most of the hard work - gathering food, feeding them. But Anju was damned determined to make sure that HIS influence colored the foals from a young age. Sabin coddled them too much - especially the.... shiny one.

Anju made certain to take them into the woods, showing them how to stalk, how to use silence as an asset, and how to terrify - starting with woodland creatures. If one thing he could commend them on - it ws how quickly they were growing. Already fully mobile and able to communicate. It gave him such a... strange sensation. Pride?

Today was one such day. Anju had led the two foals, Taraxippus and Arcana out a mile from their home and had instructed them to get a feel for the woods. Anju intentionally was hanging back, observing them. He had instructed them to 'practice' - to track down and 'do what came naturally' with some woodland animal.

Arcana sniffed around the woods, trying to pick up a trail like her father had tried to teach her to do. Smelling horrible things, purposely looking for half-eaten carcasses, piles of feces, muddy tracks...things that proved some creature had been through. It was disgusting. There were so many better things she thought she could be doing with her time… but that’s not what Daddy has asked of her.

She sighed, nose to the ground, doing the best she could to walk through the leaf litter without making a sound. Easier said than done being the coming winter had made so many leaves fall and crinkle. If they were supposed to stalk on things, why did the have hooves instead of paws like the bunnies did?

She stuck her nose back down in the litter, following a scent… not of an animal. Something far more pleasant. To her delight, she found not too far off a little patch if clover that had yet to succumb to the descending climate. It even had a few bushy purple blooms. She had had clover only once before when Sabin had brought it back for her, and she happily gave the ‘wild’ batch a curious nibble. She whinnied her pleasure, translucent wings fluttering happily at her back.

Taraxippus, meanwhile, was gliding smoothly through the underbrush, a smug smile frozen on his mouth. Taraxippus, unlike Arcana, seemed to be much better suited to such silent work. He was hardly material as it was - his spindly legs and translucent body barely had any weight behind it, and he was much better at picking a path where what weight he did have barely disturbed the leaves.

Taraxippus followed behind her, keeping his nose out of the dirt and, instead, watching where Arcana wandered. However, when she found herself a patch of clover, Taraxippus flattened his ears and snorted derisively.

"I don't think that that is what father meant by 'prey', Arcana." He drolled disparagingly. "That is what prey eats." He sniffed. Taraxippus's low opinion of his sister had been evident, and despite being young himself, he did not act like most foals. Taraxippus was almost always very serious and focused. When he had been very young, he had frequently tormented his sister with a n** at the ear or delicate wings. However, it did not take Taraxippus long to learn that while he might have his father's sinister presence, he was hardly a match for very many physically. His airy body was perfect for stealth, but not so much for strength. His wit, however, was razor sharp, and his overconfidence quickly transitioned to finding ways to manipulate his sister and use her for his personal gain. And all the better if she was not quite aware of just how much she was being used.

"I know your nose is better than that, dear sister." He oozed. "Perhaps you can find the last creature to have frequented this patch of clover?" He sighed, rolling his eyes disdainfully. "Oh, I don't know. Make it a game or something if you must. But be quiet."

Arcana looked up, cheeks full of green and purple sprouts, jaws working with a loud crunching sound. She swallowed a clump, made her face serious and mean, and stuck out her tongue, little bits of chewed up green remains sticking to it. “This tastes better than the bloody stuff,” she whined when her mouth of empty enough to speak. “And Sabin’s given it to us before so it must be okay. Its certainly easier.”

She pulled another clump of clover out from the cold ground and began to chew, he eyes scanning lazily over the forest, half-looking for a bunny or a squirrel. “I’m not hungry anyway,” she wined when she didn’t see or smell any little critters nearby.

Taraxippus scowled. "I don't see how you can eat that stuff." He sniffed. "Certainly, when I was hardly large enough to move, Sabin made that mash that had all the greens in it.... but it was vile stuff. Unless he added enough of the deer's blood."

"And easier does not mean better. Not at all." He lifted his head and meandered further away from the patch, casting only a quick look over his shoulder. He knew Arcana didn't like to be left alone. "But if you want to sit and eat the greens, then fine. By all means. Meanwhile, I shall hone my skills. You may not be hungry now, but it is important thatn when you are hungry in the future that you can find food. And Father says that once winter comes, the grass will be scarce."

"Besides... it is also not just about hunting the creatures... it is exerting power over them. You start small... and one day it might be another Soquili."

Taraxippus eventually stopped talking to step carefully around the underbrush and listen and smell for other animals. A small crack of a twig caught his attention and his head snapped to the left, ears pricked.

“It wasn’t vile,” she implored to her brother, brows creasing as he floated ever-father away. “And anyway, I’ve seen others eating it. I think we’re the weird ones.”

She chewed on her bottom lip as he slipped out of her field of vision. “Don’t go so fast,” she said, taking another hasty mouthful and galloping after him. Whatever creature he has heard darted away in a startled panic as Arcana rushed up behind her brother, misjudging and colliding into his pillow-like rear-side.

“Sorry,” she said smally after a moment.

"Perhaps we're just the strong ones." Taraxippus said with exasperation. He didn't care what the other Soquili ate. Anju had told them that they were superior, that they should look down on the other soquili as playthings and creatures to manipulate, and their eating habits just confirmed that.

When Arcana plowed into him, Taraxippus sprawled forward. Furious and embarrassed - for he knew that their father was judging them, he quickly got back to his feet and spun on Arcana. "You idiot!" He snapped "You just scared off the rabbit I heard!" He shook his head, stealth now out the window. "Can you not be quiet for a span of even five minutes? You are ruining all my attempts!"

He seethed for a moment before his mind clicked over to calculating again, to figure out how to remedy this situation. "can you even fly with those ... things" He gestured to the wings on her back. "Maybe you could be of some use." He continued, with obvious skepticism.

Arcana stopped her foot, looking cross. "I'm not an idiot," she cried. "I'm trying." She snorted, standing back up and shaking a few leaves out of her tail. "Its not my fault I have hoofs," she mumbles.

She flutted her wings again, looking over her shoulder at them. "Not yet," she said exasperated. "Because I'm solid. The gods didn't finish making you."

User Image

"You could have fooled me." Taraxippus said derisively as he flicked his leonine tail and dislodging the leaves and dirt that had stuck to its crimson tip.

However, as she dared to insult him, Taraxippus stiffened and leveled a glare at Arcana. "Watch your tongue, girl!" he hissed. "At least I am competent and can make use of the parts that I was given by the creators. You can't even be quiet and are ruining all of my efforts. If you want to be useful, and if you want to 'make Daddy proud' then I suggest to you that you do what I tell you. If you can focus long enough on the task and not get distracted by flowers or bugs."

He slipped forward, in the direction of the noise he had heard and poked around until he found a few rabbit pellets.

"Here. Look here. There was a rabbit here just a few moments ago. The one you frightened off. Find it."

"I don't have to do what you tell me!" she said defensively. "You're not my daddy! One day I'm going to learn how to fly and I can eat all the leaves I want and you'll be stuck down here hunting rabbit pellets!" Her tone was angry, but far less frightening. Her voice wavered and her young eyes watered in frustration.

"And then won't daddy be proud." Taraxippus responded with a roll of his amber eyes.

"You want to stay here and eat leaves and clover? Fine. Then you can join the rest of the herds during the hungry seasons. Me, I'll be hunting, and I won't starve. And that will make me strong." He sniffed.

Taraxippus began to follow the trail after the rabbit. He paused for just a moment. "But if you're not going to help me, then you might as well just stay behind, because otherwise you're just a hindrance." He flilcked his tail dismissively as he began to pick his way quietly through the forest.

Arcana snorted at him and went back to root around, looking for some nuts and clover. She did her best to ignore his comments, but after several moments alone in the woods, she looked up, flicking her ears back. "Tara?"

She listened. "Tara, where did you go?" she whisper-yelled.

Tara, meanwhile, was a few hundred yards down the trail of the rabbit and had gotten awfully close. Horses aren't exactly built for stalking, but Taraxippus was doing his damndest. Moreso than crouching, he moved very slowly, letting himself almost flow closer to the rabbit like his father had demonstrated, sticking to the natural cover of the shadows of the trees. It's ears were pricked and it had frozed, its danger sense tingling. Tara was waiting with baited breath when, off in the distance he heard her again. The rabbit sat up on its hind legs, turned to the sound. It was about to bolt even though the noise was far away, and Taraxippus took the moment of the rabit's indecision and distraction in the other direction to strike.

He poucned... sort of. striking out with his front hooves and pinning the rabbit to the ground with a wild, triumphant smile. There was a surge of elation and accomplishment as he had it trapped. It struggled under his hooves, squealing in fear and he felt so powerful, so in control of this little creature's life.

With a sly look, Taraxippus made very sure that he had a good hold on the rabbit, and called back. "I'm over here you incompetant girl!"

The rabbit gave a startling loud cry, as it wiggled under Tara's hoof. The scream of the rabbit triggered a shriek of surprise in the distance, and a few moments later Arcana tumbled in through the foilage. "What was that...?" She glanced down at the struggling rabbit and winced, giving a look of distaste. "Oh."

She shook out her mane. "Quit calling me girl," she huffed.

Taraxippus smirked confidently as Arcana burst noisily through the underbrush, his tail lashing from side to side like a cat. And also like a cat, a gloating flicker passed in his expression as he poised over his prey, obviously playing with his food.

"And I will stop calling you 'girl' when you prove yourself to deserve better." He retorted. "Care for a bite...?" He taunted, putting a bit more pressure on a soft spot on the rabbit, inciting it to flail and squeal some more.

She looked down at the flailing rabbit with a horrified look. "Stop it!" she implored. "Don't hurt it!"

Taraxippus raised his head slowly, with an almost mesmirized smile as he coolly regarded his sister, an epiphany settling upon him. He had total control over this rabbit - and that was succulent enough. But beyond that, it gave him control over Arcana.

There was an almost eerie calm that settled over Taraxippus. "Don't hurt it...?" He echoed. "Why not? What is it to you...?"

"Its crying!" she pleaded, stepping closer to him. "How would you like it?" She stomped her feet impatiently, trotting in a tight circle. "If you're going kill it... just kill it. Its scared... stop it!"

"Perhaps I don't want to kill it... just yet." Taraxippus responded nonchalently.

"What will you do for me if I let it live?" He asked, feigning innocent curiousity.

Arcana opened her mouth to speak but stopped. "I..." Her mind raced, trying to think of something to say. "Why should I have to do anything for you. I'm not the one being mean."

Unfortunately, Arcana was not quite as stupid as Taraxippus would have liked her to be. Meek, perhaps. Overly gentle, yes. But unfortunately, she apparently did have some of the family intelligence.

"Well. You don't have to do anything. I'll just go about my business." he responded, kneeling down and prodding at the little rabbit with his horn.

Arcana puffed up her chest in frustation until, with a angry growl, rushed Tara hard from the side, trying her best to push him over. She threw all her weight on him, but her bones were light and her frame rather thin.

This, Tara hadn't been anticipating. While Arcana may have been light from her flutter heritage, she wasn't quite as light as the shadowy colt. His hoof slipped off of the rabbit, and it bolted away. With a snarl, he kicked at his sister as he sought to regain his footing.

"Damn you, Arcana!" He spat. "That was my meal tonight!"

User Image

She snorted again, wincing from the kick as she got back up. "Then kill it and get it over with. You don't have to torture it." She blinked back angry, frustrated tears. "That makes you bad, not superiwor."

"If you did not assist me in capturing it, then it is none of your concern what happens to it." He spat, backing off a few steps. He hated how weak he was. How easily brushed aside he was by even a frail thing like Arcana. It only fueled Taraxippus's anger.

"Now I have no dinner. And father will be disappointed with BOTH of us. Are you happy?"

Acana's tail whipped behind her aggistated. "You had your chance to eat, its my fault you were playing wit your food."

She sighed and looked down when Tara mentioned their father. "No," she muttered.

He straightened, sniffing indignantly. "Yes, thats right. You need to learn to THINK, Arcana. I only am concerned with what is best for the both of us... our family. You. Me. Father." He sidled up to her, ingratiatingly. "You should trust me. You are making things so difficult..."

"Am...am not," she faltered. She kept her eyes down and turned her back on him as he came near, not looking him in the eyes.

He didn't stop until he was standing just by her side, whispering into her ear. "You resist my suggestions and go against my guidance.... when all I am trying to do is make father proud. I am trying to teach you how to hunt... come.... the rabbit should have left a clear trail. He is probably hurt and we shold put him out of his misery.... we owe it that much, don't we?"

She gave a heavy sigh, looking in the general direction of the rabbit’s escape path. “Its only hurt because you hurt it,” she said accusatorily. “Why don’t you go get it if you’re such a ‘perfect’ hunter, then! And leave me alone!”

"I would have gotten it twice over now if you hadn't screwed me up." Taraxippus glared. "You are the one who cannot abide being left alone for five minutes. So either help me and fix this mess, and maybe 'do daddy proud'. Or leave me alone." He snapped.

Arcadia tossed her short mane over neck angrily and snorted at Tara. "Fine!" she yelled with a stamp of her hoof. "I'll leave you alone!" She whinnied in frustration as she spun around and began to stomp away, making no effort in the least to be quiet or stealthy.

Taraxippus growled under his breath in frustration at his sister's tantrum, and hoped to himself that this time she'd stay at a distance and at least let him return home successfully. He slipped quietly into the woods, following the now more evident trail that was punctuated by a drop of blood every now and then.

Once again, he stealthily followed after the rabbit until he found it, at the base of a tree, licking its wonds. Now irate, Taraxippus didn't waste time. He was in no mood to play with his catch again. And in his ire, he cut the games, preferring to make a simple kill. He waited in the shadows the setting sun spread over the woods for a moment, waiting for just the right moment and then struck, landing heavily on the small rabbit before stabbing at it with his horn.

When Taraxippus returned home later with the rabbit in his mouth, Arcana was already there and waiting, looking sullen besides their father. Anju grinned his toothy smile when he saw Taraxippus return.

"Excellent work, my son. While you may have taken longer, you did not return home until you were successful."

Taraxippus puffed up pridefully at the compliments and shot Arcana an "I told you so" look as he dropped the rabbit.

"However...." Anju turned to Arcana "I was surprised..... and somewhat impressed that you had the courage to stand up to your brother. Even if he was correct, you were not afraid. And that... well.... stands for something.

All of the pride seemed to drain from Taraxippus, being replaced with a dark look of resentment to Arcana. HE hated the fact that she was stronger than he was, that his ploy had failed. While he had done the thug's work and brought back a kill, he had failed to manipulate her. And that, to Taraxippus, was the greater failure.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:48 pm
It BRED?

User ImageBrigitte's conscious was never one to really keep track of niggling details such as long-term memory. However, occasionly it was

punctuated with flashes of things - perhaps they were memories. Perhaps they were just dredged from Brigitte's unconscious and

had no more relevance to the real world than the secrets shared among clouds. Sometimes, it was a distant land, people who

adored her. Sometimes it was a skull-faced stallion who understood her. And sometimes it was jealous ravens who circled

overhead. Usually these visions came in whisps that seemed to pass through her skull - from some unknown origin that were

gone almost as soon as they passed through.

But at this moment, she was experiencing another of these thoughts - and one that had passed through her mind on more than one occasion today. In fact, more than one occassion each day for about a week now. It was the image of a firey stallion - one that made her feel strangely. And Brigitte couldn't quite describe if it was a good or bad feeling.

She nibbled at some of the prickly bushes that grew along the edge of her resting spot. It was the spot where her thoughts were clearest, where bodies had been laid to rest. She had grown heavier lately, and she was finding it harder to move about. The crawling darkness that made up her flesh had been particularly solid recently, especially around her midsection. The spiritual moaning that often reached her ears had a different tone to it. She felt odd. Irritable, and Brigitte's already vulgar language had been particulary vile - sending the occasional other soquili that she spotted off quickly on their way.

Sabin, meanwhile, was out for the third time of the day gathering berries and grasses for the foals back home. He had seen Brigitte from time to find, and in his ... eccentric... tastes, had found the mare fascinating. However, he did a doubletake when he saw the mare's belly swollen. Could she really be heavy with foal?? Sabin's mouth twitched as he edged closer to the ancient gravesite.

Brigitte paused, her ears pressing back and unleashing an unholy whinny at the intruder that seemed to reverberate from her whole body.

This... would not be good. Sabin had lived near Brigitte long enough to know the mare's insanity. There was no way that she would be a fit mother. Sabin doubted that she had even arranged for baskets to shelter the eventual newborns.

He'd have to do something to account for that.... besides... what sort of young would Brigitte bear?

Sabin's eyes shone. He was already looking after two foals... and he was enjoying it! And what ideal siblings for Anju's progeny....  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:48 pm
Usdia Foal-Puppies! And Basket Borrowing
Sabin pays a visit to Kamiki to ask for baskets for Brigitte and finds two bundles of cuteness

Taraxippus and Arcana were growing like weeds, thank the spirits. Sabin had been so worried about them when they were small and not having a source of proper milk. But besides Taraxippus's translucency - which he had obviously inherited, they were both healthy and had already put on weight, and fully capable of being mobile. Arcana was even grazing on her own, and Taraxippus had managed to kill a rabbit all by himself - he was so proud of them.

And so, upon seeing Brigitte pregnant, Sabin wasted no time in hopping on Nodin's back and heading back again to Kamiki's teepee. After all, she was sure to be interested in hearing how well the foals were doing as well. Not to mention needing baskets - and quickly - before Brigitte had her foals.

Sabin hopped down with an enthusiastic smile as he trotted up to the door flap of her teepee. "Kamiiki?" His voice sailed in clearly and with obvious exuberance. "Are you about?"

A few moments later the flap of the teepee opened with a flourish and exuberence that matched his own. "Sabin!" she exclaimed with a happy smile. The Indian woman motioned him to come in with her hip, as her hands were quite full. Nestled in the crook of each arm was a pint-sized pony, feet hanging down and two sets of big shining eyes looking pitifully up at Sabin.

User Image
Sabin's eyes caught the pint-sized ponies, but had to come back for seconds to really process exactly what they were. "Oh my!" Sabin explained, brimming with bemusement as he followed her inside, leaving Nodin to wander and graze.

"What are those? Are they... premature? Or.... dwarves or something?" He asked peering at the dog-colored foals, his reason for coming momentarily forgotten.

"They are Usdia," she said, setting down on her fur rug and setting the ponies down. They huddled together, the dark one behind his lighter colored sister. "They are ophans, or lost. But its too cold to let them wander without a herd. Winter would take them for sure."

"Aww..." Sabin found his heart warming to the adorable dish-sized eyes as he knelt in front of them. He had to admit, since taking the plunge and moving out here, things had been going so much better. After a moment's hesitation, he held his hand out to one of the little ponies.

"It sounds like it is a good thing that they found their way to you at the very least."

The light colored pony sniffed at Sabin's hand, looking at him suspiciously before finally deeming him 'okay.' She rubbed her head under his hand, encouraging him to pet. After his sister seemed to think it was safe, the dark boy trotted over and rolled, dog like, onto his back.

"He does that, he likes it rubbed." Kamiki Ahawi leaned over and scratched the belly of the fawning pony. "I was thinking..." she said after a moment, "they need to learn a bit of independence. But they can't live too far away either."

She looked up in Sabin's direction. "I was thinking... maybe you should take one?"

A wide, genuine smile spread across the man's face. Almost hesitant at first, as if it were a long time that it had come out of hiding before making its home across his face. "I used to have a dog back home. I don't mean any offense or anything, but they almost remind me of him."

He scratched at the little male's belly, chuckling pleasantly.

"Independence...?" He echoed, distracted by their antics, until his brain caught up with what she was saying. "What? Really? You want me to take care of one?" He stood up, surprised and honored, a hand finding its way to Kamiki's waist. "You... trust me? I mean... the two foals - well, they're barely foals any more, they've been doing great! I have to thank you for that recipe for the mash... and of couse the mare's milk!"

"I've seen glances of them playing," she said, draping her arms around his neck. "They are active, it looks like you did a great job." She looked down at the ponies at her feet, already sniffing and rubbing affectionately against both their legs. "But yes, I think it would be good for them to live so close, able to see each other and all. They do not need milk, just fresh food in winter."

Sabin smiled proudly. "Thanks. They certainly are active. But they fight like... well... brother and sister. I'm just glad that they're healthy." He nodded to himself as he watched them cavort around on the fur rug.

"And that would be wonderful. You know... they'd have to visit with each other a lot, right?" He glanced sidelong at the lovely woman.
"If course... almost daily. Would only be fair to them." She returned his pointed look. "Which do you want?"

Sabin looked down at the two foals. "How could I choose?" He responded with a smile, then shook his head and took a more discerning look. "Well.... it might be appropriate that I take the boy... you the girl?" He smiled and shrugged.

The woman smiled and nodded, leaning down to pick up the little girl. She nuzzled the pony with her nose, looking sweet back at Sabin. "Sounds like a plan."

She put the pony down after a moment and turned her attention back to Sabin. "Was there something else I could help you with?"

Sabin plucked the little boy from the mat, smiling as the little pony wiggled in his arms. Cradling it, he opened his mouth wide for a yawn, and proceeded to make himself comfortable.

"Oh!" Sabin said with a clearing shake of his head. "Yes!" Of course! I was going to ask a favor... You see, I was out collecting food for the foals, and I saw Brigitte. I think, well, she's pregnant. And... well... Honestly I don't think that she has the coherence to do the proper things to deal with the coming foals...." His eyes lingered on the piles of baskets.

"Another one? You must have a magic about you, Sabin," She went over to her pile of baskets and began to pick through them, feeling each one for strength, size, and patterns.

"Wait?" she said after a moment. "Which one is Bridgette?"

User Image
Sabin chuckled, a bit nervously at Kamiki's compliment. "Yes... well.... Brigitte is... unique. She almost never leaves that old burial site and doesn't really let anyone else close. She's mostly ... well... shadowy, it's like shadows covering bones, but her skull is always expoed.." His eyes took a rather eccentric excitement to them, "And her eyes, like glowing embers. But she speaks nonsense, even the other Soquili avoid her. I don't think she's... mentally sound enough to care for her foals."

Kamiki creased her brow. "Is she Kalona? Or just mutant Soquili? Will she let you near her foals?"

"I do not think she is Kalona. But she might as well be if you catch my drift. Mutant I presume, from what I have been observing from the soquili herds that roam these lands. I feel priviledged that she has chosen to live as close to me as she has. And... I think that perhaps if I were to lure her away from her gravesite after she drops the foals than I could liberate them from her, get them safely into baskets." Sabin smiled to himself. "Besides... I am sure that properly raised, her young could be marvelous soquili..."
Kamiki picked out three baskets and hefted them, feeling their sturdiness in her arms. She seemed satisfied and handed them over to Sabin. "Be careful. Are you certain she will not want them for herself? You'd be surprised how motherhood can change a mare."

Sabin took them with a thankful smile. "These will be wonderful, thank you so much, Kamiki. And.... if I sense a surprising atmosphere from the mare, then I will let her rear them. But honestly, from spending time observing her I doubt she'll be capable. I don't even know if she can produce milk. But then, I would have never guessed that she could have mothered foals. THese soquili still manage to surprise me."

He stacked the baskets carefully, and set the now sleeping Usdia in one of them, preparing to ride back home. "I'll keep you notified on the progress... and how this little fellow is doing."

Kamiki nodded, and gave the sleeping boy a little scritch behind his ears. "Well, use your best judgement, return any baskets you don't use, and be careful." She gave him an ecouraging smile. "You seem to have done well with them all so far.:

Sabin beamed with the compliment. "Thank you. I couldn't have done any of this without your help. YOu certainly earn your reputation as a skilled medicine woman. And... thank you again... for the little friend here. I will be sure to take good care of the little fellow. Gavin, I think." He added with a smile as an afterthought.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:49 pm
Brigitte's Baskets
Soquili of mine involved: Taraxippus, Brigitte, Gavin

User ImageSabin knew, as he watched Brigitte from a safe distance with the pile of three baskets that he had been given by Kamiki, that this was not going to be an easy task.

The chilling mare had been packing around the graveyard mumbling to herself all afternoon, and her stomach was looking particularly swollen with the shadows crawling over her like agitated bees. He knew that she would be giving birth soon, it was just a matter of time. Taraxippus had come with him to assist, and was waiting besides him, watching the eerie mare with a mute curiousity. Sabin and Anju had already agreed that this was going to be for the best, not to mention they were fairly certain that Brigitte's progeny would find a suitable home with them and their soon to be adopted siblings. Taraxippus, for one, was highly interested in the idea of a sibling that perhaps would be a better cohort than Arcana.

It was hours before Brigitte, with a blast of shrieking vulgarity that nearly turned Sabin's ears red finally went down to her knees. But, mercifully for brigitte, and probably due to her odd anatomy, the birthing went quickly. There wasn't exactly much in the way of flesh over the mare's bones, and the shadows were giving. So, first one, then a second, and then a third tiny foal emerged from the mare - tiny, helpless, and premature as the soquili fashion - so young that their colors were still dunn and their features hard to distinguish. They needed to act fast before the elements got to them. Already, Brigitte was shaking her head in confusion and getting to her feet, hardly even paying the newborns a moment's attention.

User Image With a nod to Taraxippus, he trotted around to the other side of the perimeter of the burial site. Brigitte was looking exhausted... but exhaustion would not stop the mare from defending 'her' territory and the sacred graveyard. She bellowed at Taraxippus who, with a calm and smug demeanor, baited Brigitte to follow him.

Sabin, with all the stealth he could muster - which was rather impressive - stole into the clearing with the baskets in hand and to the three tiny foals curled on the ground. Then, with the utmost care, he tucked each one into a basket, making sure that they were warm and dry, and then sealed them tightly closed. Moments later, he could feel a healthy warmth coming from each one.

Then, carefully, he retreated from the clearing, and flashed a signal in Taraxippus's direction once he was out.

Taraxippus performed his side of the task flawlessly. And with pride, he succesfully manipulated Brigitte, keeping her attention but out of the way of her bony hooves until Sabin had done what he needed to. Then, when clear, he gave a mocking bow to the mare and disappeared into the shadows.

Later, they rendezvoused back at Sabin's teepee, with the three new baskets wrapped in a large bison skin blanket near the fire. Sabin was beaming as he watched them and thanked and congradulated Taraxippus.

"Fantastic work.. and thank you, again, for your help. These new foals owe you their lives as well. And soon you'll have new siblings." Taraxippus sniffed inquisitively at the lips of the baskets, ears flicked forward.

"Three more will be a lot to care for, however..." Sabin continued with a mote of anxiety. Gavin, the tiny usdia, also sniffed nervously at the new additions to the teepee before ducking back into another pile of blankets on the other side of Sabin.

"Well... we'll figure something out." He mused with a smile.

User Image User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:50 pm
Surprise! 8D

User Image It was less than two days later when once again, the now familiar white-haired man showed up again at Kamiki's teepee. Before the man had even knocked, a little usdia colt scampered into the teepee with an excitable squeal as he went to greet his sister and bring her the news.

A moment later, a familiar face peered in between the flaps.

Kamiki looked up in surprise as the little bundle of energy rushed in a pounced on the little filly that was sleeping curled up at Kamiki’s side. Piggy awoke and immediately responded with equal enthusiasm, pouncing back at Gavin, her miniature tail wiggling happily.

Kamiki peeked out of the flap, eagerly looking for Gavin’s caretaker.

Sabin was not far behind the little foal, bearing a face-stretching grin.... and a rather ominous looking firey basket as he met Kamiki by the entrance.

"Good afternoon!" Sabin chimed as he hefted the basket with a sparkle in his eyes. "Brigitte had her foals!"

“I see!” Kamiki responded, looking down at the basket in hand, wondering why he brought it all the way down here. “Did it go without incident?” She put on a worried expression and placed her hand gingerly on the warm container. “She only dropped one foal?” she asked, anticipatory sympathy filling her voice. Sabin must have been heartbroken, he had looked positively excited about the prospect of Brigette’s babies.

"It went about as well as could be expected." Sabin began. "Taraxippus helped me keep her distracted after she dropped the foals to let me get them to the baskets. I was right - she hadn't exactly made any preparations for them, and about as soon as I left, she seemed to forget anything out of the ordinary had happened."

He smiled for a moment as he watched her touch the top of the basket. "And no - actually - she dropped three! More than I would have presumed for such a... strange mare. They were very small, however, although I've never watched another mare drop foals before. So tiny and helpless - and you couldn't eve really make out features on them that little. But I dried them and got them into the baskets and kept them near my fire. And then, over about a day or so, the colors emerged - it is such a fascinating process! But..." He smiled again at this, proferring the basket to Kamiki. "I don't see how I can take care of three more foals while I'm still helping Taraxippus and Arcana and Gavin. And you've been so generous... I would like for you to have this one."

“That’s unfortunate…” she said as Sabin described Brigette. “I can’t imagine… forgetting you just gave birth. What kind of a stallion coupled with her I wonder…do you know?”

Her eyes widened a bit at the ‘gift’ Sabin was giving her. “You want me to have it?” Ordinarily, the act of a human giving the gift of a Soquili basket to another human was considered a huge honor. Unlike their wild cousins, Soquili raised by humans could be extremely dedicated, fiercely loyal, and a definite asset. Kamik had no Soquili she considered “her own” besides little Piggy. She had a close friendship with Stormwild, but she did not raise her.

But… she was definitely unsure if Brigette’s offspring could be tamed, even from infancy.

Sabin shrugged with a regretful shake of his head. "I know what you mean.... something must have happened to her at one point, I can only guess, that addled her as badly as she is. But at least she seems to be.... surviving... I suppose." Sabin scratched the back of his head dubiously. Maybe she hadn't survived whatever it was. maybe that was the problem. Who knew. "I never saw the stallion... but given the apparent... well.. fire of the baskets, well, that didn't come from their mother." He shrugged.

"And yes! I know that whatever foals come from them will be strong, fierce soquili. Especially if raised with kindness and more guidance than their real mother could grant them. I am quite enthused to see what foals come from them all. And of course, another reason for us to visit with each other." He said with a wink.
User Image
Despite her reservations, Sabin’s optimistic enthusiasm was contagious. She carefully lifted the basket out of Sabin’s hands and held it close to her face. She pressed her cheeks against the wicker and breathed in deep. The basket was warm, faintly pulsing with life, which meant the foal inside was alive and apparently thriving. The basket had the right amount of heft to it for its age, which means it was growing inside and gaining weight. It smelled strangely, however, a faint whiff of old death, like bones, and the sulfury aftersmell of something burned.

“I like your visits,” she said with a coy smile, finally setting the basket down on her fur rug and bowing a sincere thank you to Sabin. Piggy narrowed her eyes at the ‘intruder’ on her space and attention, sniffing the basket suspiciously.

Sabin looked proud of himself as she appraised the basket. And either he didn't notice any sinister hint about the basket, or it didn't phase him or strike him in any way as inappropriate.
"And I like to visit." He responded as he sidled up to her side. Gavin, meanwhile, was not done playing with his sister, and not about to let the funny-smelling basket that already had been monopolizing Sabin's attention fort he past day or so take Piggy's attention away from him.

Piggy finally let the basket alone for now, turning her full attention back to her ‘long lost’ brother, chasing and playing with each other throughout the small enclosure of the teepee.

“I enjoy your visits, too,” she said, sitting down and pulling a blanket around her. Winter was here in full force now, and not even the thick walls of the teepee could completely shield the cold. “Perhaps, since you made it all the way here you should stay a while?”

"Well..." Sabin drew the word out tantalizingly. "It is quite cold out there... and the sun is setting. I am certain that the 'foals' are old enough now that they should be fine without me for a time and can probably keep an eye on the fire and the baskets in my absence."

He took a seat by Kamiki's side and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Perhaps I can help you keep the cold away this night..."  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Brigitte's Spawn
Soquili of mine involved: Taraxippus, Arcana, Anju, Megaera, Gavin

User ImageFor the second time Anju found himself poised over two baskets brimming with life. It only seemed like days to the shadowy stallion since the last time. But, so much had changed between then and now. Last time, he had stood alone in pointed fascinatino as he waited for two new lives to join his. He had been alone in his anticipation then. This time, however, he was far from privacy. His two children - the very same foals that he had greeted to the world last time - stood by his side. Taraxippus mirroed the anju's anticipation. Arcana, however, stood closer to the teepee. She seemed vaguely upset, but Anju was never one to decipher such weak emotions, nor did he care really why. Finally, there was the strange dwarf ... thing that Sabin with his bleeding heart had taken in. It was worse than the dopey, overly friendly horse, Nodin, that had been there for years. At least Nodin generally had the good sense to stay away when ANju didn't want company. The little... horse - and it barely fit the definition, was persistant in its desire not to be alone. Anju had warned Sabin that if it got too close, not to be surprised if it ended up as his next meal. The little horse was barely larger than a rabbit. So after snapping at him when he had sniffed at the baskets, he had squeaked and fled back to the door of the teepee, but he still watched on curiously, huffing every now and then with his head on his hooves.

About twenty minutes ago the baskets had begun to wiggle and the crowd had drawn without Anju making any sort of announcement. He had high hopes for these foals. Much like last time. But he had always found the crazy mare who lived near by fascinating. And for once, Anju commended Sabin's decision to take them in. While he had never visualized - or even LIKED the concept of being a part of a group, and he had rejected even like-minded company in the past... something about being with Sabin had changed the shadow. He cursed him for it, but there wasn't much that he could do about it. In the back of his mind, the idea of a herd of his own was a strange, but intersting concept. Hand-picked members. Truly bringing terror to those lesser soquili. But company had never been a requirement before. And Anju wasn't sure if it was what he wanted. He had always been a simple creature before he had come here. And he had been so good at doing his thing, and doing it alone. But he had come here for a change. HE had been tired and bored of his ways. But now, they seemed comforting in the face of so very MUCH change.

Not a word of Anju's concerns were uttered. Instead, he poised unmoving above the baskets while they strained with the life that struggled for freedom.

User Image
Taraxippus, meanwhile, stood proudly by his father. Unlike Anju, Tara had no reservations about new additions to their growing herd. To him, it merely meant more influence, and that was a very good thing. Even the scent of these baskets seemed to brim with a darkness that Taraxippus approved of. Maybe unlike his sister, these new foals would have the courage and the mettle to do what needed to be done to be strong. And since he was the eldest, they would be looking up to him... a small smile formed on the shadowy unicorn's mouth as he saw fire begin to lick along the rim of one of the baskets.

Arcana, meanwhile, could not match the stallions' enthusiasm. Quite the opposite. She had never felt farther from her father. She had struggled for his approval, eating up any snippet of approval. However, she just couldn't bring herself to be what he wanted her to be most of the time. Taraxippus, meanwhile, took to Anju's teaching like a duck to water. ANd now, with two new lives about to join theirs... she couldn't get over the thought that these new adopted lives would be closer to her family than she. It wasn't fair. She barely had time to prove herself before these new lives barged in! So what if she looked funny. SO what if she didn't have Taraxippus's cruel streak to like torturing bunnies? She snorted, flicked her tail, and wandered over to lie down next to the tiny usdia foal. While tiny, the little foal was infinately more empathic than her father, and she smiled bitterly as he nuzzled against her with big, soulful brown eyes.

Finally, with a gush of flame, and then a sharp kick, the fist basket tore open with a stench of sulfur and smoke and a small black filly shook herself free of the splinters and smouldering embers of the remnants of the basket with a triumphant snort. She craned her neck up at the stallions, ears flicking, before displaying a toothy smile with a strange glint in her firey eyes.

User Image
Anju felt that strange sensation in his chest again. The good one. It was like a touch of succinct pleasure, anticipation.... that pride. The second basket was not far behind the first, horns and sharp hooves broke the basket and another filly joined the first. He would have to make sure to pay a visit on the third child, the one that Sabin sent to Kamiki. What was going to happen from here? Anju didn't know. But... perhaps they were going well. And now he had extra help from Taraxippus.... and Arcana as well he supposed... which could give him time to himself when he needed it. Change was difficult. But change was what he asked for. And while these new fillies may not be his flesh and blood like Taraxippus.... they would learn from him.

User Image User Image

Creeping in My Soul
RP with Anju and Nimue

RP HERE

Anju steals out into the night as a reprieve from the responsibilities of parenthood and dwell on the fact that he is starting to actually find pleasure in the company of others - something that has always been drastically against his nature. And in his wanderings he encounters the mad Angeni, Nimue. Anju sees her as an ideal target of his mental torture and to reaffirm to himself that he is still the same monster that he always was.

User Image Two days had passed since her meeting with Reaper; or as Nimue would forever call him, Gabriel. Night had once again set onto the cliffs where but a few feet away the rumble of the falls continuously broke the silence of the area. The falls fell into a large lake below, where as the forest crept up to the ledge as far as it dare; it was here where the fallen Angeni slept peacefully since passing out prior. She was a rather lucky mare for many a soquili of sinister means could have easily came and killed her in her sleep. Yet perhaps it was the fate of the gods that she would not be cured of her torment so easily? No...for unbeknown to Nimue her fate of cruel twists and turns was far from over.

Stirring from her slumber, sapphire orbs fluttered open to the night as her pupils dilated quickly to adjust to the lack of light. Glancing around the mare took notice to the low rising harvest moon, giving her surroundings an almost eerie atmosphere. However she paid little mind to what was around here, and moreso of what wasn't there. Angry tears quickly emerged from her eyes, as the mare hissed quite bitterly.

"Gabriel is not here....why! Nimue trusted that he would be here, and now that Nimue is awake where is he!?" Slowly rising to her hooves, the morbid mare bit her lip attentively before letting her mood shift once more as a new range of thoughts began to swarm her mind.

What if he's gone?
What if Gabriel doesn't like Nimue?
Did something happen to him?
He hates Nimue.
They all hate Nimue.

Bright eyes welling up with tears, Nimue sniffled softly as the anger washed away quickly to bring forth a wave of sorrow. "Nimue likes Nimue....sometimes. Is....there something wrong with me?" She choked out softly, her quad ebony wings sagging defeatedly at her sides. Oh woe was Nimue! Could there be no soul who could keep her company and allow her to keep said company?

Silent hoofsteps tracked a path that wove along the edge of the cliffs, far from the shadow's normal territory. His foals... his foals had been growing strong, and now were virtually independent, giving him once again the freedom to wander from home. To observe the other soquili, to muse and to plan. Certainly, he would return back to his familiar grounds again, but for now, he could act on his whims.

Someday, perhaps, he would take Taraxippus with him out on his nocturnal wanderings - that one, at least, seemed to take to his teachings and was an even better pupil than he could have hoped. The other..... the other... while there were characteristics, a strong spirit that was admirable, she sadly did not seem to have the ember of fierce terror that Anju so hoped would pass to all his progeny. But for now, Taraxippus was watching the new ones.

It was odd to the shadowy stallion, to be building a herd like he used to mock in the other soquili - their necessity to be close to another for strength. Their lack of independence. It was that weakness that he fed upon. That fear of being outside the comfort. And the need for others that he mocked. He hated that growing feeling in himself that seemed to find.. pleasure in the company of others - even if they were his progeny.

So, for now, the shadow took to its own again, the lone predator that was almost one with the shadows cast by the silvery moon. Only six dimly glowing red eyes occasionally flashing as he moved silently revealed that there was anything there that could not otherwise be explained by the passing of a bird across the moonlight.

When the cry of an unfamiliar mare reached the Anju's sensitive ears, sinister curiosity welled in him, and he altered his path, creeping closer to the fascinating mare that stood in a beam of moonlight, talking seemingly to herself.

With a toothy grin that spread too wide across the monster's face, he stopped a dozen feet behind her. Then, a chilling whisper suddenly rung out around the mare, seemingly from all directions.
"There must be.... for this mare to find herself alone on a night like this..."

"Long...lost words whisper slowly; to me..."

Nimue's head hung softly, the voice was true in a sense. There was something wrong with her despite the company of a few who told her otherwise. It seemed as if the very voice had come from her own soul to resonate around her like it did; or had it come from the very air she breathed? Was this her consious? No...she'd heard the little voices in her head and although numerous they were, Nimue hoped her sanity was strong enough to remember a voice like that.

Trailing her eyes about the shadowed grove, she was fortunate for the dim lighting to shield her eyes from view whilst her face seemed to have nothing but sockets to where orbs should have been. In a way; Nimue should have expected for something or someone to show themselves. This neck of the woods was particularily notorious for soquili that went 'bump' in the night. Hell, it was how she met the duo of Reaper and Ezriel; father and son.

"Haunting me...I can smell you; alive." Nimue sung out; waiting for whomever decided to keep her company on this eve to appear. "I know you're still there....watching me, my heart pounding in my head...."

With a confident and chilling smile, the stallion walked forward, shadows sloughing off of him as if he were emerging from a black, viscous lake.

As he approached, the moonlight shone almost through the smoky stallion, but revealed a soft, undulating outline that was unmistakably equine. And then, there were the eyes. Six dimly glowing red patches were visable on his face, fixated on her in a distinctly predatory fashion. He circled slowly before coming to a stop not far before her. He had a chilling, unnatural presence and a dangerous intensity.

His voice called out again, still barely a whisper, but Nimue would have no trouble hearing every inflection in the voice - as if it were whispered right in her ear. "Feeling your heart pound..." it echoed, a toothy smile now visible, unnaturally wide. "Tasting your fear. A lone mare does not escape the eyes of the night."

Oh wow, what was that?

It seemed as if the very shadows on the forest ground had taken shape into a equine form, her eyes fixated on the tendrils of what she'd usually mistake as mist or smoke wafting off the stallion into the night air. Nimue had seen many a strange creature in her relatively short time here on the earthen soil yet this one was by far the strangest. If it didn't speak so chillingly she would have sworn it was simply a creature of her rather vivid imagination.

"Nimue thinks it would be most difficult to escape six ruby orbs....yet she it not alone; the trees and this shadow horse has come to keep my company. Is that why you are here?" True, if this creature of the night decided to attack her for god knows what reason she doubt she'd stand much of a chance unless she was to fly away. He was most definitely unlike Ezriel and Reaper...so what was he? Was he of Soquili breed or was he some shadow monster? Fortunately for the mare her courage and fearless sanity kept her from turning tail and running screaming. She wasn't sure if that was a good trait or a real stupid one.

"Oh shadowed soul....you draw my attention, so captivation. A name....I seek it; desire it. Can you not grant a mare a wish on this chilling eve?"

User ImageAnju would have delighted in the mare's uncertainty. His uniqueness, matched only by his son Taraxippus, was an advantage - it made other soquili unsure on how to approach them, unsure of their capabilities. It was one of his more sublime characteristics.

The whispy tail stirred the air behind him before his chilling 'voice' materialized in the air like so much condensation. "Once the night's eyes are opened and drawn to such a mare, it is not often for such a frivolous reason as 'company'."

His form seemed to waver as he moved around her, eyes fixed unblinking on Nimue's fur that glistening as pure moonlight. "And when the darkness calls upon a form... it sometimes takes a name. Anju. " The menace behind the voice was nearly as chilling as the evening.

Not company? Then pray tell what was he here for? Certianly he came out of the shadowy oblivion since she was wandering about the woods, yet to what was to come of this meeting she hadn't the slightest idea. He didn't seem as menacing as the stories fortold of some soquili who resembled an unforgiving tornado of teeth and hunger; mostly for flesh of their own kind.

Could shadows have hunger?

"Well....Nimue thinks you must have come out of the shadows for something...." The mare blinked and cocked her head to the side, letting some of the curly locks of ebony fall over her skull mask.

"An...juuuuu....Anju. That is a name most interesting! Can Nimue have it?" She giggled softly, fluttering her wings as the shadow mass nearly swirled around her; so enchanting was his movements, watching the smoke like tendrils drift off his body to vanish in the night air.

Hell, she could stare at him for hours.

"How did...shadow thing get this way? Nimue is most curious. How come you are not like me?" She inquired, tentively moving her nose out to try and brush it against what would be his body. Would she find perhaps a physical form beneith the shadow?

The shadowy creature's eyes roamed over the masked mare's form silently for a moment. The night seemed to hold its breath as he thought. Sanity seemed to be only a tenuous thing for Nimue. Something had likely hurt her severely in the past, and left her damaged. She seemed lost, impressionable, confused. So while she did not seem to fear a presence that most sane soquili would on such a moonlit encounter, there was still potential for interest in the mare. His eyes lingered on her mask, a mote of curiousity flitting through him before he moved to speak once more.

"Perhaps the shadows have come to claim you, my dear." He whispered, bringing his maw close to her soft ear. "You seem so lost, staring to the moon and awaiting the answers. Perhaps Nimue can no longer hold on. All alone. That she will just fall into the blackness and be no more." The grin stretched his face again as he moved around her fluidly to her other side.

Her inquiry after his name and origins gave him a delicious idea. His chilling whisper continued.

"Perhaps I have decided to take the form of one such as yourself in order to speak with you. After all, it is not often that the darkness takes a voice. Why does your soul cry out so strongly to the black? What does Nimue hide behind her mask?

Oh.

Oh no.

Widening her eyes in sheer terror, her limbs began to quake uncontrollable as if the mare could feel the demons in her soul take a hold onto her very being and enlope it in darkness. There was something about this shadow...this Anju; while she felt no fear from his presence; his words stirred the inner demons lurking away in her soul....waiting for but a moment of weakness before they roused from their ever lurking state.

"Hold on....Hold on....Don't let go!"

She paniced, evident as her pupils narrowed to near speck in her sapphire hued orbs. Tighter, tighter they wound their noose of fear 'round her neck as her head slashed through the air frantically, and with a scream she reared back before thrashing to the side to forcefully smash her head against the nearby tree. The branches cut at the unprotected jawline and neck of the femme; spilling sweet crimson to stain and corrupt the pure ivory of her pelt. Pain....it was something tangible she could grasp on in these desperate moments where the darkness of her own soul attempted to consume her; it was something that she could feel.

"Don't leave me alone, cause I barely see at all...Don't leave me alone. I'm - falling in the black, slipping through the cracks, falling to the depths can I ever go back? Dreaming of the way it used to be; can you hear me?
Falling inside the black..."
She sung gently into the night, her voice tremoring softly. Tears slowly slid down the smooth surface of her skull mask, washing away the bits of dirt laden there from the tree.

"You were my source of strength, I've traded everything that I love for this one thing...Stranded in the offering. Don't leave me here like this,
can't hear me scream from the abyss...And now i wish for you my desire..."

And there it was. The mare's weak point. She was perilously poised at the edge of that gaping maw of insanity. She knew how close she was, and she was terrified of that void. It had only taken a precise, well-placed tap to push her over that edge.

And while the mare descended into the madness, Anju basked in the pleasure of her abject horror. Before, she had been so far removed from normality that she had shown no fear in the face of a monster like he. But that just made things more interesting if he had to work for such a reaction.

As she thrashed, spilling her own blood against the tearing claws of the bare branches, Anju just pulled closer, his cloistering semi-solid substance radiated a claustrophobic heat. He was like the air if one could feel it - barely eluding ones' grasp - like the memory of a touch.

He breathed in the coppery tang of her dripping blood, exalting in the moment. And as she began to chant to herself, seeming to find a mantra to try to pull herself out of it, Anju began to work against it, whispering in her ear, seeking to pull any stability out from under her and tear her apart.

"It's slipping from your grasp, Nimue. All of it, pulling away from you. The tempest tears all around you, pulling away the land. Pulling away the air, the water, the LIGHT."

He took a seething breath, a tongue licking at the self-inflicted wound on her neck briefly before continuing. "There is no one here but Nimue and the dark, and soon there will be no Nimue at all. The voices you hear just the voices in your mind. The voices of the dark. The dark between the stones becomes everything - the stones fall away and just leave the crack. No one can hear you, Nimue. Not even Nimue."

She screamed. She screamed loudly as the pain echoed on every note raditaing in the dark night.

She had to get away...away from the shadows and find the light. Yet how could she? Which way could she run to seek solace from the pain and which would lead her further into the void of darkness? Shaking horribly as her eyes closed to try and rid herself of the darkness of the outside world; she found no comfort in her own void of a soul; snapping them back open as the near pupil-less sapphire's connected with the six rubies.

She could barely breathe, the suffocation doing little to ease her racing heart. Pounding against her ribs at breakneck speeds she felt that if it went on for much longer that either her bones would crack under the pressure or her heart would merely stop beating all together.

Away. Away.....she needed to escape! Gabriel.....Ezriel.....anyone!

Why wern't they coming to save her?

Gasping in sharply as the sickening warmth of his tongue ran along to collect the small stream of blood trailing down her neck, the mare's legs shook so hard that she had a terrible time trying to remain standing. The last thing she needed was to crumple to the cold soil below; then she would be completely at the mercy of Anju. While her fear was still misplaced, she knew that his words which caused such an impact could only be followed by the impact he could do.

She didn't want to find out what he could do.

"N-nimue can still hear nimue....she cries so sadly....she cries for strength! Nimue cannot fall into the black, no, no.....there are other's in the black who need Nimue's help to get out! Nimue sentenced one to the black....forsaken my love.....she cannot fall herself untill the wrongs have been right!"

She cried out, a bit more sternly as the ebony locks stuck to her tear stained mask; there was determination growing in her shakey vocals. Anju was one to be reconed with, and if he'd come across her prior to Ezriel and Gabriel she would have been lost for good....but their souls had connected with her own; and it was something her Angeni nature would not let her fail in.

"Then toss me like a stone, you wrap me in your arms and chill me to the bone. So I, I wont be the one, be the one to leave this in pieces; and you, you will be alone. Alone with all your secrets. In the shadows - they say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe... but I....I'd rather kill myself then turn into their slave."

What sweet suffering! Anju elated at the mare's thrashing and keening, listening intently at her responses. What delightful insight! A guilty conscience. A scorned lover. And that ridiculous sense of duty to help others. Anju had seen it before, how one individual would put themselves at risk in order to assist others in need. How the once-strong would bend a knee to the weak, even if it meant themselves being torn apart in the effort. That was their ultimate weakness - both humans as well as Soquili: they craved, no, they needed companionship. They were not strong enough on their own.

Anju hated that he was almost starting to understand the pleasant sensations that could come from being close to another - that was an... unforseen side effect of his fatherhood. Beforehand, he had seen others as only playthings - objects to bring him pleasure through predating on them or finding out just what made them squirm and tearing into that. To Anju, this was a vindication that he was still the same creature. That he was not becoming one of them. A weakling that craved the attention of others. Nimue... well... it had been far too long since Anju had had a "project" case. Perhaps too long. One delightful individual who he had figured out their buttons. Someone that he could 'haunt' and derive such sweet pleasure. Perhaps she would not be as long of a project as others - she apparently had already descended into madness - but it was something.

Greedilly, Anju continued to press his mental assault. "No one escapes the black. It is all-hungry. All consuming. Once it has wrapped around you, your struggle only mires you deeper. Those that you have banished here have NOT escaped. You have forsaken them, and because of them, I have come to take you too. It is you that has damned them... damned... US." A wicked smile curved Anju's face.

"It is because of you that I am what I am. I am the darkness incarnate, and the collective voice of those who have become lost."

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:51 pm
Out of Madness
RP with Taraxippus and Izusa (NOW COMPLETE - but long - click link!)

RP HERE

Taraxippus encounters a strange, standoffish pure kalona mare, Izusa, and manages to gain her trust. They go on a hunt for a boar, and then Izusa takes Taraxippus back to her hideaway.... An encounter that ultimately results in Izusa becoming pregnant.

User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:52 pm
They Will All Pay
RP between Balrog and Anemone
Original RP found here

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That was it, she had enough. She stomped her hoof into the freezing land furiously, she was tired of being taken care of, of being broken and abused. Damnit, she was not some weak female.
Snorting, white streams of hot air wisped through the chilly breeze as she tossed her mane and shifted her wings, tropical blue eyes vivid with passion and fury.

First it was her mother, somehow she hadnt been good enough. And then that damnable skinwalker who thought he was something else...and then Aveshar..She snarled slightly. That b*****d had done more damager to her being than anyone else..and what he stole from her..she pinned her ears back. Thankfully no young had been produced from that little..encounter.

Zarimunia had nursed her back to health, and with the aid of Zevach, she didnt hate males as much as she felt she rightfully should. But ooh, she felt something new..it was a bit more darkly,it made her giddy with a slight hunger for others shame. Those who had wronged her, and those like them were not worthy of this land, those different from her..less blessed should be removed like a nasty stain she thought, tossing her mane once more she gave a wicked laugh.

Weak-hearted mares! Balrog seethed to himself as his powerful wings carried him on an updraft high above the mountains.

It was a simple concept. Breeding only with the strong. Producing powerful and -winged- heirs to their herdlands. Keeping their herd airborne and mobile. Balrog was furious with the mutant child of Kamiki and Azure. Balrog was furious with the fish-child that Stormwild had taken under her wing. And Balrog was furious still that Stormwild considered Sequoyah a part of their herd, even if it was a 'separate branch.' Transgression after transgression showed on their herd. He thought he had brought in sensible new blood with Kamiki and her winged mate, only to have the gods sneer at them and produce that wingless offspring. And of course, they did not send it out to find a proper family, no, they were raising it among HIS herd. HIS herd that Balrog was feeling increasingly powerless to control with each new transgression.

At least his daughters had sense about them, and Maelstrom had taken a fancy to that bright young stallion who seemed to actually get it.

In Balrog's anger, he hadn't realized quite how far out he had soared - much farther than the normal range of their territory. By the time he looked down to see different ranges and was about to wheel around to return to his patrol, he spied a grey form. A grey form with striking wings that reminded him of the sea on a bright summer day.

His anger began to ebb off to a curiousity. He had been gifted at least in one sense recently, and that was finding others of their kind - those soquili with wings had once been a rare sight indeed, and still, he could count on his four hooves the number of other winged soquili he had met that were not the progeny of his herd, but still.

He angled his wings, setting himself to a decline to rendezvous with this unfamiliar mare.

Tail thrashing about behind her, she didnt notice the sound of wings, or the sight of a stallion coming down towards her from the skies. At the moment, she was deep in her own thoughts, ears still pinned back as she thought of ways to rid the land of such weak others, that even dared to call themselves soquili, but just who was worthy of this land besides herself...surely another had the same feelings as she.

As she realized just how far from her little cove she was, she lifted her head just in time to see the stallion making his way towards her. Stepping back, she eyed him warily, ears perked forward as she kept her gaze locked on him.

No, she was no longer a weak female. No one would use her again. No one...

It wasn't until Balrog had nearly touched down in the glen that he sensed an air of wariness about the mare. He flapped, steadying himself and finally his hooves touched the ground a bit of a distance from the stranger so as to not startle her more.

"I hope that I am not intruding on your privacy." The dark stallion's voice rumbled deeply in his chest like distant thunder. His stance was strong, but not aggressive.

Now that he had touched down and his appraising eyes wandered over her, he was pleasantly surprised to notice that she not only was a wind soquili - but bore the unicorn's horn - much like the mare, Kamiki. And what a beauty she was with her dusky coat and vivid splashes of color.

She watched as he touched down, keeping his distance was a good sign to her. Usually those who had done her damage, far beyond harm hadnt taken any time in closing the distance between them. Her eyes kept a good lock on him, her ears swirled around.

"No, your not.." She responded, her naturally hushed voice traveled like the smell of an up coming rain storm, enjoyable and refreshing, yet it promised floods.

Her eyes traveled over his frame openly now that he was closer and well, not moving she thought with a smirk. His dark colors, and constrasting colors of his markings, that seemed almost seemed branded and burning freshly. It was very intriguing..made her want to touch them actually, to see if they had any heat to em.

His tail swished behind him. She seemed to be relaxing, but there was still a bit of edge of wariness to her, so Balrog decided to keep his place and, if she wished, she could come to him. This was not his territory, and for all he knew he could be intruding on her herdlands.

"It is strange, if you do not mind me saying, to find a mare alone. Are you lost, perhaps? Or is your herd near by?" He lifted a front hoof and gave a nod of his head. "My name is Balrog. And it appears that the winds carried me a bit further than my normal patrol takes me."

She shifted her weight from one hoof, to another. She shifted towards him a bit, testing herself more than to just see his reaction to it. A brow arched, "No, not lost..not really. And herd? Im not acquainted with one.." Her tail flicked out behind her, taking a breath, she relaxed.

He wasnt going to hurt her, it was clear by now.

"But why is it strange? Im just as capable as you are..Balrog." She arched a brow. "Im not a helpless witless mare you know..and my name is Anemone.." She shifted her wings, they itched to be used at the mention of the winds. "Its easy to be carried away while soaring high in the sky, specially when a good draft is strong.." She nodded understanding.

"Im glad though, that those blessed with wings are making good use of them!" she tossed her mane, her jagged bangs kept falling into her eyes.

Balrog watched her with interest as she shuffled vaguely in his direction. She seemed skittish, although her words were brave.

Balrog smiled broadly at her claim. "I am glad to hear such a thing, then, Anemone." He responded, her name purring off of his tongue. "You bear obvious marks of a strong bloodline, and you should have all the confidence that your wings can bear. Our kind has the freedom to travel at a whim, and yes, those of us with the gift of wings have the duty to use them." His enthusiasm was building. He liked the way she was thinking.

"I only wish that others had the sense to understand just how great a blessing that the winds have bestowed upon us..." He trailed, interested to see what her response might be.

Her new confidence and strength was still something to get used to, but she did her best to present herself with a strong stance and level eye.

She smirked at the way her name came off, for once the sound of a male voice carrying it didnt make her want to purge herself of her stomach contents. She eased herself into a more relaxed state, and gave him a smile, full of sass and challenging. "Yes, we have a duty to the skies and the land to use the gift bestowed upon us. And those who arent willing to acknowledge that, or are of the weaker species should be...ridden of. They burden the land.." She smirked with a faint snort, she liked what he was leading to.

Anemone lowered her head slightly, looking up at him from under her thick lashes and jagged bangs she smiled, if she had fangs they'd have been bared. "They should understand, or be forced to choice..take to the skys and embrace their blessing..or lose their wings and take their lowly place besides the lesser beings.."

Balrog found himself drawn to the bitter mare before even realizing he had taken steps towards her, ears pricked.

His heart soared. Finally. He had not heard his own sentiments restated so vehemently since meeting his daughter's new companion, Wild Wind. He paused, but only for a moment when he realized just how vehement this mare was in her beliefs. Balrog could not suffer the presence of ground-bound soquili and he wanted nothing to do with them. However, their eradication had never entered his mind. He only wanted separation, elevation above them in more than just a literal sense.

"They are weak." Balrog echoed with a smile. "And their presence is an unsightly thing. I had feared that there were not enough others of our kind who shared such clarity of vision. I wish that all of my herdmates had your understanding that by associating with such lowly creatures that it only weakens us and causes us to not fullfill our true potential."

She didnt step away as he neared, she only tossed her mane and lifted her head eyeing him differently now, now this was a stallion! She thought with a smile.

"Maybe they need to be reminded of what they are, of their gift. Of their duty to the skies, and gods." She nodded her head, eyes dancing excited. Oh this made her blood pump wildly.

Anemone wanted to purge the world of those different, of those who'd hurt her. Aveshar had wings, he must be sacrificed she thought. It'd be worth it, it would all be so wondrous.

"Ah yes, they are ugly things..so disgusting.." She shivered slightly, they were very unsightly. "Specially the ones with fins and legs, what a joke.." She shook her head and snorted a laugh. "Im glad you came down Balrog.." She said, her tones thickening slightly.

At the mention of fins, Balrog snorted in irritation. "I did not think it possible that there would be soquili more lowly than those tied to the ground. But those... they can hardly even move on land. They smell, and are... disgusting fish. I do not understand what they could be other than some abomination." How could Stormwild have taken in that disgusting "foal"? And she still had not yet taken her to her own kind. She was testing his patience, Balrog knew it - and he seethed under it. She was technically the alpha of their herd... of his herd and she continued to flaunt it in front of him. At one point, she had been the only other female he had known with wings. She was beautiful and powerful... but she obviously did not share his vision. Here, obviously, there were other options - unattached females who were just as strong as Stormwild - and who were much, much more sensible.

Balrog tossed his head. "They take it for granted. There are some who would live like those weaker soquili - protect them - and gods forbid, mate with them. They only take to the skies as... some sort of occasional stroll. They do not understand the vision of a future where a herd consisting only of those airborne can have the freedom to travel anywhere... take the most choice grazing grounds... and be free from predators. Let those without wings be the pickings of cougars and wolves." He stamped his hoof with emphasis.

"You've been close enough to one to smell it? How awful..You poor thing." She shuddered grimacing. She arched a brow at him, he seemed to deep in his own thoughts, it seemed something was troubling him, or maybe she was looking to deep into it. "What is troubling you, besides the lowly ones that seem to pester the land." She ask curiously, she wasnt sorry about her demanding questions. No longer cared if they were considered rude, she asked for a reason, and damnit they'd better have a good reason not to answer her.

"Tell me about your herd, I've naught heard much about them. Travel with a few loners myself..." She rolled her shoulder, she was much more at ease now.

She smirked, "No one lesser than I will touch me, and to dare think I'd bare their offspring is..insanity." She snorted, if she were to foal anyones foals, it would be a strong minded, and powerful stallion, who at least shared her views in life. But foals were something she'd definitely have to be talked into, she wanted to further her line, of course, strong bloodlines to carry on, maybe it wouldnt be that hard, if the stallion had the right words. "Let them be picked off like the sickly in winters chilly grasp, as they deserve no more, though much less.."

"Indeed." Balrog said with a look of distaste. "I can not see how they are anything but the result of some sordid tryst with a salamander... or fish... or something." He shuddered. "Ungainly even on four legs, smelling of the worst parts of the ocean." He shook his head.

Balrog heaved a heavy sigh as he looked to the inquisitive mare, now certainly coming out of her shell. "It is about my herd, I am afraid. I came to these lands in search of more of my own kind. And I found them - the gods be praised. Although rare, I found a few others, and we began to form a herd in my vision - only allowing those with wings to join us.... However... the mare who started it along side me... has a very soft heart. She had had foals with a ground-bound before I met her, and one of her sons still remains in the territory. She gives him the title of protector of those who do not bear wings, though I refuse to accept him as anything other than a stallion who happens to share our territory. But she continues to test, adopting a vile, sea-horse." He snorted angrily.

"It seems as though my vision is being clouded by those with soft hearts. There is so much potential in the herd, and it has been difficult to gather those with wings to my lands, only to have some of them taking in weaker offspring." HIs ears were pinned back, his words clipped and bitter.

"I am glad to hear that you have much more sense. I would never think to touch a lesser soquili. It is a grand shame that others waste their blood and dilute their proud heritage. The world needs strong, airborn soquili, and it is our duty to see that happen." He tossed his head, not even really fully realizing what the implications of his words were. But Balrog believed with a very strong conviction what he said. He was dissappointed that Stormwild had already mated once before he met her with trash like her first mate. He was disappointed that apparently Kamiki and Azure had not bred true. That apparently the flutter-soquili and wind soquili did not always produce winged offspring. Perhaps it was not their fault if they did not know - but they should not have taken in that monster as their own so readily.

She laughed, it was a rich enchanting sound, caused her eyes to brighten as her wings caught the light from the sun and shimmered like gems. "Sordid tryst with a salamander..what a thought.." She giggled a bit more..

"Not as rare these days eh? Though, it may not be for the best, weaker minded each time a foaling happens." She flicked her tail, "Maybe they need to prove themselves loyal to the cause, and maybe she isnt worthy for her place anymore, though I dont mean to speak ill towards your mate, just a thought.." She watched him closely, wondering what he'd think of her words. "Maybe its time new, blood was brought in.."

"Soft hearts do nothing but bleed the land.." She snorted and stomped her hoof. "You'd make strong off-spring.." She commented with a sly smile. Maybe they could create strong blooded foals..She liked that idea.

At his words, he completely comfirmed her idea, yes they should create strong pure offspring. The world needed them more than anything else, the land must be purged. Trotting around him now, she brushed her tail against his sides, his markings didnt burn her like she thought, but he was hot to the touch. "Exactly, we should fulfill our duty.." She whispered in a hushed sultry tone. "..to bring strong proud airborns to this world..."

"Perhaps you are correct. I have seen more new faces in these past couple of months than all my time before." Balrog shook his head at Anemone's apology. "You need not apologize for your opinions. Perhaps.... Perhaps it would be good for the herd to tighten the ranks... and to bring more foals who understand the privilege of their birth." Balrog's smile deepened as he looked over the grey mare again with a different sort of appraisal.

Like Kamiki, the newcomer to their herd, she was truly a magnificent species - both of the winds like him - but with the addition of the powerful horn. And unlike Kamiki - who had proven herself to be another soft touch with the foal she continued to raise.... Anemone shared his values. What children they could make!

Balrog purposely closed the distance between them, and caught the tuft of fur from her tail in his mouth with a suggestive smile. He held it for a moment before releasing it again to her. "I like the way you think." He rumbled.

Stormwild would be furious. But perhaps it was time that she learn the importance of strong offspring. Of a strong heart to preserve the future.

She didnt care what his mate would think, her only thoughts were to further their strong pure lines..

And with that, she accepted what was truly being offered, taking things to more, private areas without eyes being able to watch what happens between the pair.

A new world order was being created, heaven help the land of Soquili...His seed had taken..

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Oh I've Got Some News For You!
RP between Balrog and Anemone

RP Originally located here

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"It'd take alot more than a bit of cold to chill anything of mine. I've taken alot more than winter is willing to toss my way and have faired better.." She lifted her head proudly.

"Thank you for the offer, I can fly in short bursts before I tire out. It'll be nice to have a bit of rest...they're feisty already." She sent her belly a soft wistful smile. She nodded her head, she'd go with him, it'd be best for the safety and good being of the foals.

"I cannot wait to be a mother for the first time..Again, your to kind. Im greatful though for such fine strong stock to be mingled with my own. Wings and horns shall aid our children." She was very proud of the fact he was their father, though, she suddenly thought of his mate, how would she react to this. "Im sure your mate will want a chunk of my hide though."

Balrog's ego had been even larger than normal after his initial encounter with Anemone, if such a thing were possible. He had found a like-minded mare, and it had been a glorious release of months of pent-up stress regarding the status of his herd. And beyond that, there had been a glimmer of hope at the chance of bringing new wind soquili into the world.

He hadn't seen much of the new mare since their first encounter, but Balrog had kept an eye out after he had, eventually, returned to the duties of his herd, hoping to see her grey form again. Food had been growing scarce, especially in the land outside of their territory now that it was the dead of winter. And he found himself worried about her health.

Then, one morning, a flash of vibrant bluegreen caugh his eye as he soared along the perimeter of their territory. It was her! There was no mistaking the soft grey accented with those colors. Eagerly, he circled and touched down nearby, nickering a welcome.

"Anemone! I had wondered when I would see you again! I feared that the winter had driven you from these lands..." He trailed off as he saw her bloated stomach and his heart flickered. She was with foal - there was no other explanation in these hungry months. His ears pricked forward and an eager light kindled in his eyes.

"Anemone..." He breathed again, this time with much more reverence. "It warms my heart to see you faring so well... you are positively glowing."

At the sound of his wings, her head snapped up towards his flying form. He looked glorious in flight, full of power and pride. Something she didnt mind being passed on to the foals within her, it still shocked her a bit. Knowing she was creating life, well aiding the creation of life within her, a soft smile tugged at her muzzle as he landed.

"Ah, winter has to bite a bit harder before driving me anywhere." She tossed her mane, true food was harder to find, but if she searched hard and long enough it was always found. She watched his eyes travel to her swollen belly, ah he now knew, she shifted her wings and smirked.

"You flatter me Balrog.." She mused with a light laugh, "Its a wonder to see you once more as well, been looking for you I have, though its getting harder and harder to fly these days. Energy isnt something I can waste these days.." She used her lion tail to stroke her swollen belly. "Ready to be a father hmm?" she arched a brow, she was sure he'd fathered his share of foals.

A broad smile spread across Balrog's face at Anemone's bravado in the face of the weather. "I am glad that the cold has not chilled you firey spirit, Anemone." He swished his tail.

"And allow me, please, to help make things as comfortable as possible for you! Can you fly in your condition? Please, let me take you somewhere comfortable, safe. Our herdlands were carefully selected. You will have me and my fine daughters to watch over the skies." He answered her unspoken question.

"And I cannot wait to be a father again... I cannot think of a finer mare to bear my children.." Already he felt a pang of guilt. But wasn't it the truth? Anemone seemed to share his strong convictions - their offspring must therefore as well! Perhaps... she was even more vehement in her beliefs than he.... and besides, she even had the horn that might pass to their children. She was strong, fair, and healthy.

"It'd take alot more than a bit of cold to chill anything of mine. I've taken alot more than winter is willing to toss my way and have faired better.." She lifted her head proudly.

"Thank you for the offer, I can fly in short bursts before I tire out. It'll be nice to have a bit of rest...they're feisty already." She sent her belly a soft wistful smile. She nodded her head, she'd go with him, it'd be best for the safety and good being of the foals.

"I cannot wait to be a mother for the first time..Again, your to kind. Im greatful though for such fine strong stock to be mingled with my own. Wings and horns shall aid our children." She was very proud of the fact he was their father, though, she suddenly thought of his mate, how would she react to this. "Im sure your mate will want a chunk of my hide though."

"It is amazing that your temper doesn't melt the snow." Balrog praised. Nothin seemed to dampen the mare's spirit since he saw it kindle in her. Certainly, she had seemed reserved at first encounter - nervous... hurt in the past. But since their conversation she was more alive with passion and drive than any other Soquili Balrog knew.

He nodded decisively. "They we shall go. We shall proceed on foot until we need to fly to conserve you energy. Come." He tossed his head again and began to lead her back the direction he had come. There were parts of the journey that really weren't very accessable except from the air. He had made sure of it when he chose the territory. It would be very difficult terrain for any groundbound horse to navigate, and across paths that were very visable from the air for those Soquili who did the patrolling from the sky.

"You shall make a fine mother, Anemone. As far as Stormwild goes.... allow me to speak with her." She was right, of course. Stormwild would not be pleased. But he could not let her and Anemone have it out face to face. For the sake of their children at the very least. Besides... he had a few bones to pick with her as to his own motivations for seeking consolation in the company of this mare. Ideals that Stormwild seemed to fail to understand.

User Image

Stormy Skies
Balrog and Stormwild have a conversation long-coming: regarding the leaving of their herd by the non-winged soquili, and Balrog's mating with Anemone
Soquili Involved:Stormwild & Balrog

User ImageBalrog knew that the conversation that he was flying towards would not be an easy one. He had just seen to Anemone, making sure that she was comfortable, sheltered, and hand plenty of food and crisp, cool water available to her. It was the traditional birthing grounds of his herd, and it had seen to many happy mothers and healthy foals. And of course the shaman Kamiki Ahawi lived nearby and wove expert baskets to protect the helpless foals when they were born.

Stormwild, however, was not yet aware of the newest mare on herdgrounds. And who was carrying his foals. It was his right, after all - he should not be concerned with what she thought. He was a stallion, and Anemone a powerful alicorn mare. They would make fine, strong foals. And it would be for the greater good of their herd. He knew Stormwild would not see it that way.

The dark mare was not difficult to find. He knew her well and the places that she tended to roost. With powerful wingstrokes, he climbed to the peak and set down next to her. The serious expression on his face was enough to say that this was no casual social visit.

"We must speak, Stormwild." He began simply.

Stormwild rose to her feet at Balrog's approach, having her own things to speak about with him as well. She had been extremely lonesome the past few days, with both Sequoyah and Balrog gone from her company. Though her relationship with the stallion had been rocky at best since Kamiki dropped the strange white wingless foal. Their last argument had gotten so far under her skin it had driven Sequoyah away.

However, while it pained her, she understood Sequoyah's decision. He knew she loved Balrog, and as long as he stood as part of the herd, in blatant defiance of Balrog's ideals and goals, it would continue to tear Stormwild in two. He left to give his mother a chance for peace, and Storm felt a small glimmer of optimism as Balrog approached - the first she had felt in quite a while.

Though his stern expression gave her pause for thought. She shrugged it off: he didn't know about Sequoyah yet. "Yes we do," she said back. "There is much to speak about."

Indeed, Balrog was not aware of the circumstances that had caused those soquili whom was driving a wedge between Balrog and the herd to leave. He had seen them as a continual example of Stormwild's indescretion and proof of his weakness and lack of control of the herd. Balrog had a deep seeded hatred for those without wings, although he never talked about the events that had planted those seeds. But the fact that Stormwild was undermining him, allowing them to stay, even considering them a separate, but still existant part of THEIR herd... it infuriated him. And it had ultimately driven him to Anemone.

"There is a new mare that will be staying with us. Her name is Anemone... and... like Kamiki she is one of the rare winged unicorns..." Why was this difficult for him to say? Unfortunately, for all of Balrog's bluster, it had been some time since the last confrontation, and for all he had held onto that anger, that passion with Anemone, looking at Stormwild's gentle face and shapely curves... it seemed to fizzle into ... guilt.

"She is with foal.."

Stormwild blinked at surprise, but pleasantly so. "Oh?" she asked, peering over her shoulder and wondering why Balrog did not bring the mare to introduce. She was the alpha after all. "And her mate? Will he be joining us as well? It seems unlike you to allow a mare with questionable heritage, as Kamiki showed us even two winged Soq might spawn a surprise. I will not allow you to lull a poor mare into a false sense of security just to throw her new foals into the snow to freeze." There was a bit of coldness in her voice, knowing full well that Balrog would have done that with Sumi-e had he been given the chance.

She she forced herself to calm. Sequoyah was watching over the young stallion now, and he would be fine.

Balrog's stony expression with uncharacteristically dartin eyes seemed to indicate before he even opened his mouth that there was more to this story, and likely a narrative that Stormwild was not about to like.

His throaty rumble of a voice tried to hide Balrog's guilt as he began to speak again. "Her mate is a fine stallion." His posture straightened. "and their foals shall be strong and winged. The likes of which this herd needs more of." Balrog decided to switch to the offensive.

"Anemone understands my vision and shares the common sense that ground soquili are weak, that they only would slow us down, and that such fine blood should not be mingled with them. Like me, she understands that those weak have no place among a true airborn herd and it is not our responsibility to coddle them. That is why our foals will be strong."

"Belle and Zhuri are breeding again," Stormwild interjected defensively when he said the herd needed "strong and winged" new members. "So that will be well."

But as Balrog continued, Stormwild's expression grew darker. His little trot-around-the-bush didn't last long at least, and Stormwild felt her ire down in her hooves, causing her whole body to shake. "You're foals?? You have mated with another?" Her eyes flashed in a fury not often seen in the normally gentle mare. "You would cross your own Alpha?! How dare you! And you bring her here? To mylands?" She stopped the ground angrily. "Where is she? She will leave this land immediately or Gods help me she will die trying."

Despite Stormwild's fury, Balrog's temper was a force to be reckoned with as well. With each declaration, Balrog's ire turned stormier. "I am a stallion, and the head male of this herd. The herd I was in before it was the DUTY of the strongest male to pass along his genes to multiple mares. These are MY lands as much as they are yours. And you have crossed me time and time again. You know my sentiments on the ground-bound and yet you have contradicted me both to my face and in front of my herd in allowing their presence. It is insufferable! You have tried to emasculate me!" His temper was flaring, and in his anger, Balrog certainly exemplified his firey namesake. How dare she try to pull rank of all things on him? HE was the strength of this herd.

"I put the strength of this herd and the strength of future foals above all else. You repeatedly seem to be incapable of understanding that. In allowing or - heavens above - encouraging the weak to be a part of our herd, it weakens us. A herd is only as strong as its weakest link." This was the fire that had fueled Balrog's decision and empathy with Anemone in the first place.

User Image "I will not tolerate a Protector who does not respect his alpha! You constantly belittle me and my offspring - you talk down to me, you do not treat me as a true Protector would! There are my lands, I was here first. I told you from the beginning I would not make a herd with you if you did not accept my offspring as part of it."

She blinked back tears of anger as she stomped the ground hard. "And now you insult me such as this? Are the foals you made with me not good enough for you? I have sacrificed everything for you, Balrog," she screamed. "You took my child away from me!! And I tolerated it... because it was you would want. Are you too blind to see what you are doing to me?"

Balrog's ears pressed flat against his skull, and his nostrils flared, showing a smoldering red. "And I Said from the begining that it was my vision to create a herd that was truly airborn. That I would not tolerate otherwise! And not only was there your first son - from a different stallion!! - but there were other examples time and time again."

"The foals I made with you are fine and strong - Maelstrom and Cataclysm are noble mares and understand the tenants of our herd. And I took no child away from you - that... thing that you "adopted" was unfit for land, let alone the skies. You refused to leave its ... shell with a more suitable parent, raising it under my nose and flaunting it to me. Then you contradict me in front of new members of the herd."

"If my b*****d children were not good enough for the herd then yours are not, either!" She stood up close to him, chest to chest, not an ounce of fear in her stance. "As for Mahi I could not just dump it off, it has been entrusted to me. But I found it a home in the sea - still obviously not good enough for you, you 'perfect' specimin. You can't just stop at not mingling blood - you would not be happy unless you only associate with those you feel are 'worthy.' By the Heavens I hope the Gods punish your arrogance!"

She turned her back sharply, pawing the ground aggitated. "But they are all gone. I sacrificed everything for you, only to be thanked by this." Her head and ears lowered in sorrow as she remembered Sequoyah dissapearing into the billow of snow that day on the mountain.

"The only reason your first children were not good enough was because you bred with a ground-bound stallion! It did not bother me that you had a mate before me! Nor would I wish to banish you or your foals if you were to mate with one after me if he was of the skies! It is our responsibility to see our blood breeds true, that our herd remain strong and unfettered by those without the skies. So we can migrate, protect our mares and foals. Our herd has yet to see the day where it reaches its potential - and it shall be a glorious thing!"

At her mention, however, of both having left, Balrog paused. "All gone?" His fervor lessened into a look of momentary confusion. "What do you mean all gone? Last I flew these skies, Sequoyah and Kamiki's twisted offspring still grazed on these lands..."

"So you would feel nothing if I just off'd and mated with another?" She snorted indignantly and tossed her mane, giving him a disgusted look.

She stuck her nose up in the breeze has his tone finally acknowledged her words. "No longer," she sneered. "They are no longer a part of our lands, can't you see? Are you happy? Sequoyah took Sumi-e and Dahlia with him, and Xandir left on his trail. In respect to your 'wishes'.. and out of love for me."

She looked nothing but sad again, sighing heavily. "See what you could possibly accomplish if you just talked to me instead of belittling me all the time?"

"That is not what I said." Balrog scowled. "But I would not demand that they or you leave. My first duty is to my breed and my herd." Balrog rumbled.

Balrog, in truth, did feel a warming sense of relief at hearing of the departure of those Soquili that he could barely stand thier presence on his land. That meant that he had a herd had truely, finally, and for the FIRST time in his life, fit Balrog's idea of a perfect herd. To Balrog, this is what he had striven for all of his life. It felt strange to be standing there, knowing that it had happened - and without even his awareness until now. It was a pity about Xandir leaving - he was a fine wind soquili, but perhaps it was worth the loss of the rest. It had been that frustration, that emasculated feel of not having control of his herd, that had driven him to Anemone. Balrog stood there silently for a moment - a strange mix of accomplishment and regret. Had he known Stormwild would have conceded to his desires, he likely would have not found company in Anemone.

"Why did you not tell me this sooner? Why were you not willing to agree with me until now? You fought me tooth and hoof all the way - disagreed with my vision, kept adding new members to this herd that were not blessed with wings, and refusing to send them out? It was this that rankled me - and I have 'talked' with you time and again. Only to find argument. You know it to be the truth."

"Yes, Balrog _ I refused to send them to their death. Because I'm better than that. I am not going to wrench a newborn foal from a proud mother to let the snow take him. I am not a monster. I am strong, and I will use my strength where it is needed."

She sighed. "Are you so heartless that you cannot see that I loved my son? Are you such a monstracity that you do not care for anyone but you and your 'vision?' It was unfair to make me choose between you and my own blood, Balrog. But I did..."

"It has been years since Sequoyah was a foal. And it was your decision to accept the shell instead of find it a better mother while you were still by the sea." Balrog insisted. "It is a mistake to use your strength for others. It only makes them dependant and weakens you for having to exert yourself for them. Instead of bending our knees to coddle the weaklings, we should be strong, among our own kind! This is the first time - ever that our herd has been united. That our herd can meet its potential. We have had this argument for years, Stormwild. Did you not think that I would reach a breaking point at some point, either??"

"Sequoyah did not stop being my son, just because he grew up, Balrog. That is what you do not understand. When have I ever showed weakness? Your arguments would hold a lot more merit if you actually had proof that I ever failed you. Not even you, Balrog, can make a perfect herd. You drove off your own son with crazy ideals. And now you've driven off Sequoyah and Xandir. Elk left some time ago. The herd may be united but its come at quite a cost!"

She gave a heavy sigh and shook out her mane, her expression softening alittle. "I just wish you'd see that I'm not weak, no matter how much you claim I am. And I have weathered much to stay here with you."

Balrog's ears were still pinned back during the chastizement of his heartlessness. "We shall see what becomes of us now." He rumbled, not wanting to admit he was wrong, but his arguments begining to lessen. "For the first time, we are all skyborne, and I do think that we will all be the stronger for it, with less conflict among us." Even if it was he that made for most of the conflict... No, don't let her get into your mind like that...

Balrog snorted, swished his tail and looked over Stormwild again. She looked weary, but her strength still showed through - her coal fur and striking purple markings standing out stunningly against the snow. "You... are not weak, Stormwild. Soft-hearted, yes. But you have been strong." It was, in Balrog's mind, a huge step towards concession.

Stormwild was supringly comforted by his words. Regardless of who was right and who was wrong, having Sequoyah in her heard was nothing than an infectious sore. That's what Sequoyah saw, and that why he knew he had to leave. It wasn't like he was dead, he just wasn't part of her herd anymore. Actually, Storm was so proud of how she had raised him she wouldn't be surprised if he alpha'd his own herd. She even dared to hope that now, perhaps, she could have a more healthy relationship with both Sequoyah and Balrog.

"I will not fail you," she said softly, feeling herself welling up again and wishing the feeling away. She had to be strong, now more than ever, especially with Balrog's new offspring on the way. The thought of him with another mare made her temperature still rise, but perhaps she wouldn't kill her just yet. Not until the foals were born, at least.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

The Tiny Trio!

CORGI-USDIAS! Abandoned? RP with Gavin, Piggy and Scarlet

User Image

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=11672165

User Image User Image  
Like a ... Butterfly to the Flame?
Soquili Involved: Megaera and Azure

User Image It was uncommon for Megaera to be off on her own without either one or both of her sisters, or at least one of her adoptive family. while Tisiphone was technically living with the human shaman, Kamiki, the distance between her and Sabin's teepees was not far - especially for a soquili with wings. And as soon as Megaera had learned to take flight with her big batlike wings, she had begun to wander farther and farther. It had started with more frequent visits to Tisiphone. Alecto wasn't gifted with her wings, and Tisiphone's wings were underdeveloped.

Anju had been a good father, at least in Megaera's eyes. He had been forthright with the fact that she and her sister were adopted, and she appreciated the honesty. She had visited Brigitte's stomping grounds once - the old gravesite. The mad look in her biological mother's eyes and absolutely no recognition had been disturbing, although Megaera would never admit to such a week feeling. But it was enough to give her appreciation of her situation. She had not spoken of it to anyone since then, and never returned.

Anju had been a good teacher, if cold and sometimes snappy at times. But the fact that he had taken them in, showed them how to hunt, how to be strong, that was enough for Megaera to know. Her older "brother", Taraxippus had looked out for them when Anju was away, and for all intensive purposes was a lot like Anju, but more prone to conversation. He made it very evident to Megaera and her sisters that he would look out for them, and to let him know if they were in trouble.

Her 'sister',Arcana, was odd. Even Megaera could see (and Megaera usually left it to her sisters to do most of the thinkin between the three of them) that Arcana was nervous around her. That she seemed out of place amidst their little herd. Unfortunately, Arcana was the only other one gifted with flight, and she had no desire to really take her flights with the strange, sparkly bug-winged filly.

Then there was Sabin's horse (as in her eyes he was barely more than a common domesticated animal, Nodin and the little dog-like usdia that stayed in or around the teepee. Megaera rarely ever spoke to them, and usually it was only to let them know that they were in the way.
So today was the first time that she had decided to fly in a bit of a different direction. Usually going to visit Tisiphone was excuse enough to take to the skies. But today she didn't want an excuse. She wanted to feel the wind

Azure and Narcissus perched in a tree on the mountainside, sniffing around for what was left on the tree's winter brances and talking about their lives which, as normal, revolved around mares and conquests. As he had been older, Azure was started to realize that he was growing a bit tired of 'the game' but this fact was something he was not ready to admit to Narci. Narci seemed as spry and adventerous as ever, constantly teasing Azure about his family and his old 'ball and chain.'

It hit close to home with Azure, because in all honestly he was rather happy with his new herd and new family. Kamiki was not his lifemate, but they were awesome friends which, in his mind, made them amazing parents. There was no tension, no jealousy, and he was free to come and go as he pleased. Which was odd, because the more Kamiki seemed to allow him his freesome the more he found himself content to stick around the mountains with his lovely children. Kamiki was blissfully happy being a mother and Azure was enjoying this time being a father.

But everytime he was with Narci he felt that little pull of the 'single life' again. After all, he had no real reason why he couldn't have a little escapade now and then... Kamiki gave him the green light, and this children were young mares and stallions themselves now.

Narci had been much less of a 'father' figure. He knew of his children, Nymph especially seemed to take the most after him as far as personality. He was friendly with them and all, but Viola had the lion's share of the parenting duty. He was already ready to get back in the game, and he was bound and determined to bring Azure with him.

"Look at that," Narci said, nodding a bit in the distance at the firey mare flying about the mountainside. "That's new. She's hot," Narci laughed loudly at his own pun, rustling the brances.

Azure gave a polite chuckle himself, watching her. "I think she's related to that boney filly that Kamiki keeps. At least I think I've seen them around together. She's got wings like a kalona... but she's not nearly as mean. At least from what I've seen."

"Got a crush?"

Azure gave Narci and incredulous look. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me"

"YOu're insane."

"You're in denial."

"Never. I just said she wasn't nasty like a kalona. She's hardly Miss Buttercup."

"So you're saying she's beyond you?" Narci smirked and raised an eyebrow.

Azure's eyes narrowed. "That's not what I said."

Narci laughed. "Of course it is. You're past your prime. Five children, a mate.."

" - Kamiki is not my mate!"

"Who have you been with since her then?" Narci countered, a challenging look in his eye.

Azure snorted.

"See? You couldn't do it if you tried."

Azure puffed up his chest. "That's not true!"

"Proove it!"

"Fine!"

And so it started... Azure left the branch, caught a nice updraft, and began to flutter towards the firey mare in a lazy, looping manner, letting the sun catch his wings in just the right angle, making flashes of ligh dance across her black coat.

Running into another soquili durin her flight had never entered Megaera's mind. She was able to just clear her head, feel the wind streaming through her firey mane and tail, leaving a small smoky stream behind her.

Then, something caught her eye - a flash of light, a glimmer of blue, and Megaera turned her attention, snapping back to the world as she saw a dark soquili with such vivid blue accents. Her first thought was a frustrated one. What did Arcana want? Couldn't she see that she had wanted to be left alone? Why on earth would the flighty filly even come to look for her. Maybe... something was wrong? The thought was enough to get her to slow and wheel closer to see what she wanted. But as she got close, the differences became apparent. No silvery horn topped the soquili's head, and it was certainly no filly! No, he was a small black stallion accented with large, irridecent bug-wings.

Megaera raised a skeptical brow as she was now within hearing range. And, bluntly, she called out to him, "Who are you? What do you want?"

"I'm sorry," Azure purred, letting the gruff greeting roll off his back. "I didn't mean to disturb you. To be honest, from a distance I thought you might be a damsel in distress! A poor mare caught on fire... looks like I was mistaken.."

He flew a bit closer, tossing his mane in the breeze. "But now I see you're hardly in distress... but still a damsel if you don't mind me saying."

Megaera was skeptical. This little blue stallion certainly was talking to her oddly.She had encountered strange soquili from time to time, though most of them kept their distance - perhaps conveniently wandering in the opposite direction. It didn't really bother Megaera. In fact, it tended to make her feel more confident, more powerful. This outgoing, friendly stranger left Megaera at somewhat of a loss. She wasn't quite as good with clever words as Alecto.

"No, I have no problem." She said with a toss of her made, "I like the fire. It keeps me warm on such a cold day. And keeps unwanted soquili away." She gave Azure a look - not viscious exactly. More rueful. "Usually, at least."

"Are you one of those bug-soquili?" She asked with a look to his wings. "My step sister has wings like you."

User Image "Indeed, us Flutter's have a hard time in winter sometimes, being we fly our best when its warm. It would be nice to have much a mane and tail on such these winters days. It's very striking."

Azure gave a jokingly insulted expression. "Miss, are you saying I'm unwanted? Certainly I'm just a knight trying to save a princess..." he gave her a friendly playful wink.

"As for bug-soquili, if you mean 'Flutter' Soquili then you are correct. The Gods blessed us with wings as beautiful as those of a butterfly. Did you know that butterflies carry the spirits of the dead to the heavens?"

Others had called Megaera many things before. But 'princess' was certainly never among them. It made her feel weird. Not.... bad... just odd. He liked her firey mane and tail? Maybe... maybe he wasn't completely unwanted.

"Spirits of the dead?" She asked. She wasn't quite sure if he was joking or not. She had seen a few butterflies when she was younger, and before the cold chased them off. They seemed so silly to her - flitting about. Much like her step-sister. But carrying spirits of the dead? That sounded much less frivolous. Kind of interesting in fact. "You sure about that?" Megaera's attitude seemed to be shiftin to the playboy flutter. More curious. Her wingflaps were matching his speed now, soarin along easily beside him.

Azure gave a confident nod. "Spirits are very fragile, you see, and light as air. The Eagles were the first that the Gods entrusted them with, but their claws and fast speeds tore the spirits right up. So the Gods transferred the torch to the butterflies. That's why its bad luck to remove their wings or step on them. Not even the frogs generally will eat them."

He gave her a warm smile and a wink.

Megaera listened to the story quietly, then, at the conclusion, gave a considering snort. "Butterflies carrying the dead." She echoed, thinking of how she had singed a few of the bugs with menacing grins at Arcana when she was little. "Then who carries them?" She gave a bemused whinny.

"So what is it that you want, butterfly? To tell me stories?"

"Other butterflies, I suppose," he said with a smile. "Would be a sad day that all the butterflies dissapear.

Azure circled around her again with a chuckle. "If thats what you want, I could tell you stories all day. Unless there's something else you'd rather do? I'd hate to keep you from something important, pyre princess."

"Nothing important." Megaera commented between wingbeats. She glanced downward, mildly surprised at how unfamiliar the terrain had become. She hadn't been paying much attention to where she was going as she was chatting with this stallion, and she had never been this far from home before.

A small frown tugged at her face as she looked over the identical snow-covered plains, and identical snow-covered copses of trees.

"Do you have a name, butterfly?" Megaera asked, blunt as always, but her gaze focused on the ground below, a furrow on her brow.

"Of course, how could I have been so rude? My name is Azure... like the clear blue sky itself."

He followed her gaze and took note. "And you, little fire filly? What of your name?"

"Azure." She repeated, but it sounded much less graceful in her mouth. Blunter and cruder.

She paused a few moments, and then, as if realizing there was something she ought to say only then. "Megaera." She paused again. "Like the vengeful Fury." She grinned at that, the contrast between the meanings of their names. Who was named after something as silly as a color? Her name had strength and meaning. Her adopted father had told her about it.

She looked down at the unfamiliar terrain again, worry written plainly on her face as she wheeled a bit to head back in the vague direction that she had come from. Maybe it would start to look familiar again... but from up here it certainly all looked so similar.

Azure blinked at her name, or how she said it perhaps, but kept his smile pristine as ever. "Megaera, how graceful! Your parents must have been fond of stories also!" Or your mother was very vengeful against an unwanted pregnancy, he thought to himself. Azure's gaze followed back down to the terrain and back up again. "Lost, little Fury?" he asked with soft, concerned voice.

Graceful? She lifted her head again from her downward peering to meet the little stallion's eyes again. That had never been a word she heard associated with her name before. There was a lot of things very different about this soquili from any other she had met. She wasn't yet sure if that was precisely a good thing or not, however. "My adopted father likes stories, I think. My mother...." She trailed off. This wasn't his business, anyway.

At his inquiry, she took the opportunity to change the subject. "Everything is all so white down there. It all looks the same. I don't usually fly out this far."

Azure knew better than to probe where he is not wanted, so he let the conversation about her mother peter off... for now at least. "Did your father name you, then? I must like his tastes."

Azure looked down and circled around Megaera in a large loop. "Don't fret, little Fury. I will get you home safety. But perhaps we should give our wings a rest for a few minutes, and let us enjoy the sky from a more grounded location. I could use a drink, or bit of snow." He let his eyes trail down Megaera's leg, purposely letting his eyes linger. "Must be nice to have warm feet, even in the deep snow." What a good excuse to walk closer.

"Yes, My father gave me and my sisters our names." She looked back to him considering for a moment. Well. At least HE knew where he was going. She just didn't like having to depend on this flitty little stallion to get her home. The suggestion to take a pause for a while, however, was not a bad one. She could use something to drink and to rest her wings.

So with a silent nod and a grin that signaled that Azure was about to see just how nice they were, she began a slow spirial down to the ground. When her firey hooves hit the snow, the hissing of melting and steaming snow filled the crisp air. She shook her wings and folded them by her side, and waiting a moment as some of the snow around her began to melt.

Azure followed her down, giving an approving nod as the steam came up. It was warm and pleasant, and Azure made sure he stood close... it was cold after all. "Ah, you have sisters, too? Are they all as lovely as you?" he asked, letting his front shoulder brush carefully against her own fur.

Megaera snorted again, but this time there was a ghost of a smile on her muzzle. "We're all distinctive." She responded. She thought that that was a good thing. Sometimes she was envious of her Alecto's horns, or Tisiphone's bony limbs. But they were all different and all had their strengths and weaknesses that played well off of each other.

She paused to lean down and take a drink from some of the water that had pooled around her hooves and then looked back up to Azure. "You go flying out here a lot, then? What is it that you look for?"

"You all must come from good stock," he whinnied and tossed his mane again. "May I?" he asked, nodding to the melted pool.

"I just go flying a lot in general," he responded after a moment of thought. "Its a trait of us 'bug' Soquili," he said with a teasing smile, "to go out and look for beauty."

He paused just a moment. "I usually find it, too," he said with a pointed look at Megaera.

Megaera blinked and then looked down at the water, feeling warmer than usual after the compliment that didn't pass over her head. It was strange. So much strangeness about this one. "You... you may drink." She nodded to the water.

"And Father says that we come from fine stock." She continued, feeling strangely awkward. Despite Megaera's bluntness and spooky nature, she was still a young mare, and only a part Kalona. When apart from her sisters, she always felt more vulnerable, and never really sure what she was to do in confusing situations like this.

She took a few steps in the direction that they had come from, leaving watery holes where she stepped in the snow. In the cold weather, the heat from her fire was more subdued - and felt almost pleasant to be next to.

Azure took a drink of water, nodding his thanks to her. He followed alongside her, staying close, just close enough that his mane would brush along her neck, his hips would occasionally bump hers, and his wings would flutter up and down, almost carassing her back and leathery wings as they lay tucked by her side.

"If your father expecting you home so soon?" he asked, his voice dropping into a low, almost purring sound.

Megaera glanced over frequently as they walked. He was touching her. She narrowed her eyes and pursued her lips, but she didn't say anything or move to stop him. It felt interesting. The touch of his wings was light, almost tickling.

"No. He lets us come and go as we please." She responded.

Azure's smile spread. A nagging part of his brain told him he should just walk her home. Leave her wanting more, ya know? She was young, obviously, but her unfamiliarity with the someone as charming and seducting as Azure was written plain on her face. It was a new expeirence for her, and that peaked Azure's personality. Had she been a normal young filly, she would be a melting pile of goo by now, Azure thought to himself, but be it as it may...she was at least part Kalona, just enough to make her... different.

A challenge.

Azure nodded. "That's good," he purred, slowly nudging her, leading her to a more wooded, private area. "There's no need to hurry, I'm quite enjoying your company."

"You like being around me?" There was a hint of incredulity in her voice as she squinted at him and cocked her head before giving it a shake.

She walked along side him, letting him lead the way and hoping that he really did know where he was going. She kept her wings in close against her body as they walked amidst the trees. "Why?" She finally asked.

"Of course I like being around you!" Azure flattered. "Doesn't everybody? You're captivating... beautiful, in a dark and almost dangerous kind of way. Doesn't everyone find this captivating about you."

Azure looked up, scanning the trees for the evergreens. He led her over into the shade of a thicket, the needle-like branches offering a bit of protection from the wind. Azure was amused of the eeiry glow the thicket had thanks to Meg's fire.

"No. No one has ever said something like that before." Megaera responded, surprised to hear herself say it. She paused, lookin at the flickerin light playing over the green of the trees.

"Are we close to where we are going?" She asked, feeling that strange, feeling again. It was like being nervous, but why on earth would she be nervous about such a small, silly stallion?

"I think so," Azure said with a demure smile. Here was a good of a place as any. It was secluded, blocked from the harsh wind...quiet. And getting warmer by the second. He gentle leaned over and nuzzled the soft fur on her cheek, carefully gaging her reaction.

Megaera was surprised herself when she felt her body freeze in surprise. She wansn't one to normally just freeze in an unfamiliar situation. her sisters were usually there and they helped her understand the right course of action. And normally, the only situations that might cause her discomfort was with a predator like a mountain lion... or an aggressive soquili - and with those cases the problem was easily solved with a flaming hoof to a sensitive spot.

"What... are you doing?" She asked, but the voice was low, almost a whisper.

"Just getting comfortable," he whispered back, running his chin down the curve of her neck. "Why don't we just relax for a while and enjoy ourselves? Really just... enjoy each other's company?"

She looked at him oddly, not quite sure what he was implying. "all... right.." She drew out slowly, keeping still but not backing away either.

Azure whispered some comforting nothings in her ear and coaxed her closer to the tree. He thought there was something beautifully ironic that this firey mare had such a heart of ice. But if he had any say in the matter, he would be melting that before the night was over.

User Image

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Life & Choices
RP between Balrog, Anemone, & Stormwild

RP Located HERE

User Image

The pains had started earlier, but as the night grew on into the lights of sunrise, she knew she was in full blown labor. Her sides heaved as she whined softly, oh she'd known pain but this was something else.

She fanned herself with her wings as she panted, where was Balrog? She thought as she looked around. They were coming, and no one not even she was about to stop them, she had nested a nice little patch of heaven for herself in their foaling grounds. She glanced around once more, before calling out for him.."Balrog..." She pinned her ears back as another wave of pain stabbed her sides.

Oh yes, they were coming with great need to be free..She was so proud already.

Balrog heard Anemone's voice clear on the still winter morning. It had been a cold, cloudless night. The air was still and even small noises carried far. The entire mountain seemed to be holding its breath, waiting for something to occur.

Balrog lifted his head and pricked his ears. He heard her voice, strained, scared. And he knew what time it was. The sleep washed away from him as if he had been doused with a bucket of cold water. He was on his feet and flying towards the mare.

She wasn't far - the foaling grounds were in the middle of the territory - sheltered and protected by ridges. An oasis among the rocks that was very difficult to get to on foot.

"Anemone!" He breathed as he landed. He could see her panting, sweating despite the cold. "Is it time? Shall I fetch the shaman??"

As he landed, she felt a bit more at ease. With a nod of her head she let a small smile crack through as she gritted through the pain, "Yes its time.." She lowered her head and rubbed her muzzle against the side of her hooves as another contraction raced through her.

"Please fetch the shaman...N-nothing can happen to them." She was worried that she'd mess up somehow. New to the whole birthing process, she'd heard stories of mares getting up and racing away through the pair, their foal dangling to their death. She didnt want that to happen..

She wished silently that her father was there, but Balrog would have most likely protested to the unicorn being on his lands.

Balrog gave her a reassuring nuzzle. Despite the drama with her and StormWild, Balrog was brimming with pride. His foals were coming.

"You are strong, Anemone. You will be a fantastic mother for our children. And you will make it through this." His voice was its familiar rumble, but thick with reassurance.

He paused for a moment more, poised, wings open as he looked over the birthing mare before taking to the skies again. Kamiki Ahawi's teepee was close - and the proximity to their foaling grounds was no accident. She had assisted more than one mare of his herd through the grueling process that Balrog could barely stand to watch. And her baskets were always expertly woven, and not once had they lost a foal due to an improper basket.

The stallion arrived at the edge of her teepee, not minding the noisy touchdown with his hurry, and began pawing at the flap of the teepee, whinnying insistantly.

Kamiki heard the deep rumble of the black stallion outside her teepee. She had seen the new swollen mares around the land and made her plans accordingly. She called a reassurance to Balrog and swiftly retrieved the three baskets she had prepared. She gave them a quick once-over to make sure everything was good and exited the teepee, placing a reassuring hand on his neck.

In the distance, as they left, Stormwild peered out from her thicket next to the teepee. Her ears folded back against her head, she watched her beloved Balrog lead her away. Against her better judgement, she followed several lengths behind.

Balrog tossed his head, obviously anxious, but not trying to shake Kamiki's hand from his neck. He nosed her, encouraging her to walk quickly by his side as he began to lead her towards the foaling grounds, despite the fact that she had visited many times before. In his haste, Balrog was oblivious to the shadow that followed behind them.

It took a while longer longer to get back to Anemone than it did to travel to the shaman's teepee now that Balrog was walking. It reminded him, in the corner of his mind, how pitiful the groundbound soquili were - having to walk everywhere, move slowly, navigating steep passes or thick woods. This was not the way of those who ruled the skies.

Eventually, the woods opened up again to the foaling grounds and Balrog nosed Kamiki forward before joining Anemone to see how she was doing.

Anemone hadnt ever really dealt with humans before, her father had a favored human but Anemone hadnt really decided what she thought or felt for them.

Seeing the young woman with Balrog eased her mind a little, though her ears perked forward as her bright eyes danced with a mingle of excitement and pain. There were two new scents, Anemones eyes darted away from the woman shifting to the shadows, she wasnt sure who was out there, she let out a snort as she shifted.

Pain. By the gods was it annoying and humbling at the same time she thought, as she took a deep breath. "Shes safe?" she asked Balrog, her voice strong.

She was ready, more along the lines they were ready.

Balrog took his place by Anemone's side, shifting uncomfortably from hoof to hoof. He never liked watching his part. Seeing the mares in this amount of discomfort, and there being nothing that he could do. They also tended to be moody and snappy during the process.

He nodded to Anemone. "She is safe. She has helped our herd many times before. Her medicine is strong." And more importantly, this woman had never tried to take or break any of the soquili of his herd. He had seen some around her teepee, but they were there willingly, unchained or tethered like some he had seen around villages when he had flown over. She respected the soquili but did not interfere unless her presence was sought for the pregnant or birthing mares.

Kamiki made her way over to the panting mare, dipping a blanket into a pot of water and placing it over her neck. Labor was always a tricky thing, sometimes taking only minutes and others it was hours on end. She sat down and made herself as comfortable as she good, chanting comforting prayers to Anemone and setting out the baskets around her. She gave a worried look out into the woods near the clearing, knowing who was there, watching.

It was a straining few hours later, that three foals laid nestled in three little baskets by their mothers side. She was tired as she continued to nose, and nuzzle them proudly, her body was a bit weak from the onslaught of pain that the trio had been hell bent on causing her upon their arrival to the world.

With a huff of hair, she blew at her jagged bangs and sent a smile at Balrog. "Well, it seems we've furthered the cause, 3 times more.." She gave a slight dark laugh as she curled her lions tail around the baskets, the third and unknown scent still kept her on edge, her eyes darting into the shadows, a snort echoing out.

"Suppose I should linger much longer..Im sure your mate isnt pleased by this.." She smiled a bit but then took a breath and eyed the shaman slowly, she was greatful to the young woman. She reached out and nose her hand a bit, she was a bit reserved about humans.

Balrog was fixated on Anemone during the process, and was unaware of the other presence that lingered behind the treeline, even when the presence drifted away sometime after the birthing.

Balrog leaned down and nuzzled at the baskets proudly. Three foals. Anemone was a strong mother and had endured the birthing, and bore him three fine children. The shaman even seemed to think that they might all be sons, though it was too premature to know for certain at this point.

"You were very strong and brave, Anemone. Three foals!" His chest puffed out.

"And... why wouldn't you wish to stay here?" Balrog was caught offguard by Anemone's darkness. Certainly, Stormwild was not fond of this mare, to put it lightly. But she was the mother of his foals now. And they were the start of a new generation.

"Aye, three foals...such beautiful strong spirits.." She fussed a bit over the baskets tenderly as any mother would. Keeping herself close to them, spring was peeking out, but winters chill was still clutched to the land.

She looked to Balrog fondly with a smile, "We both know it would be best if I didnt stay. Im willing to become a mother for the greater good, but Im not the kind of girl that lingers were shes not wanted." She teased him a bit with a grin.

Nosing a basket that seemed to hold her striped markings she could feel the strong will and firey spirit within, she looked to Balrog. "I think it would be best if one stayed with you, to further the cause here.." She nodded her head. "And the other two helped the cause with me, out there.." She tossed her mane.

Balrog clenched his teeth, his jaw muscles bulging. He was obviously not happy with Anemone's announcement. "You should stay." He pressed. "I have the strength to look over you. To look over our sons." However, despite the fact that he pronounced these words, there was a tone to his rumbling voice that seemed to indicate that he already knew that he had lost the argument. Anemone knew she wasn't wanted. Balrog knew that as long as she was here, that Stormwild would be upset. And he DID care about the mare. she HAD given up a lot for him. Their last argument still stung him.

He heaved a sigh, rustling his wings.

"Anemone, you know I can't make you stay. I would very much like for you to. You impress me. You have such a vibrancy, such a spirit. And I am sure that our sons will carry that spirit with them. I would love to see you soaring with our herd and realizing our dream alongside me."

Balrog's nose rubbed gently against the firey basket that she had offered him. "He shall know strength... and a loving father."

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games