Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Big Cat Lesson] Black, Blacker, Blackest: Open Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Princess_Feylin rolled 1 12-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-12)

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:04 pm
Taibbi and green Neuwith
User Image
Distraction/Intensity:
Exhaustion/Alertness: 3
Memorization/Visualization: 3
Anxiety/Confidence: 4 - 2 = 2
Slacker/Studious: 4

Sevenday 2, Grid 2
1. Courtesan Hall

Quote:
5-6: Mostly Success!
If you have a 4 in Anxiety/Confidence, you learn a healthy dose of fear as it takes you a bit longer to appear Between. You make it (somehow) but even your dragon is spooked. You know that you almost got lost there, but somehow managed to make it through. For the rest of your rolls on this grid, your Anxiety/Confidence score is down TWO points.

2. Redoubt Hold
3. Paradise Falls Hold
4. Sand's End Hold
5. Western Weyr

After a week of successful practice in going between, both Taibbi and Neuwith were feeling pretty confident. Not overwhelmingly so, but more than they had been when they started out. Thus, as the pair readied themselves for the next series of trips, they were both in a good mood.

What do you think Courtesan Hall's patrons think about a bunch of dragons popping in and out above them? Neuwith wondered.

I'm sure they're too busy to notice, Taibbi answered, blushing a little. Also, I don't know if they have patrons in there. I think it's just for training?

What do you think that's like? Neuwith asked as she prepared for the leap between.

Taibbi blushed hotly and tried to focus on the coordinates she had memorized. Neuwith fixed on them and they blinked between. Perhaps it was her discomfort from their previous discussion making her heart beat faster, but it seemed to Taibbi that there were too many heartbeats going on. Black panic to match the darkness of between began to cloud into Taibbi's mind as she worried that her mind hadn't been where it was supposed to be after all.

Neuwith? she called uncertainly.

Before she could falter further, they emerged from the chill and the dark, Neuwith sending reassurances she barely felt toward Taibbi, who was apologizing profusely for her lapse in attention, which prompted answering apologies from Neuwith for distracting her in the first place. It took a minute for the pair to pull themselves together and ready themselves for their next attempt.

Princess_Feylin rolled 1 12-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-12)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:11 pm
Taibbi and green Neuwith
User Image
Distraction/Intensity:

Sevenday 2, Grid 2
1. Courtesan Hall

2. Redoubt Hold
Quote:
8-12: Success! You manage to make the leap without any trouble! Good job! Breathe easy!

3. Paradise Falls Hold
4. Sand's End Hold
5. Western Weyr

Their confidence badly shaken, Neuwith and Taibbi concentrated on their next point: Redoubt Hall. Happily, they arrived without any difficulty, but they were both significantly less assured than they had been at the beginning of the exercise.

What was it that kept us between? Taibbi asked as Neuwith circled in preparation for their next jump.

I don't know. Maybe your coordinates weren't detailed enough? She felt a little bad even suggesting it, but the fact was that as a dragon, Neuwith went where she was directed to go. If her directions were faulty, they wouldn't end up there. That point had been made over and over in the course of their lessons. Also, I don't really know these locations, so I couldn't compare what I remembered with what you gave me.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin rolled 1 12-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-12)

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:15 pm
Taibbi and green Neuwith
User Image
Distraction/Intensity:
Exhaustion/Alertness: 3 - 1 = 2

Sevenday 2, Grid 2
1. Courtesan Hall

2. Redoubt Hold
3. Paradise Falls Hold
Quote:
2-4: Success & Failure!

If this is your second or third roll, if your Exhaustion Level of 3 or higher is going to be reduced by one for the rest of your rolls. i.e. If you had them down as a 5, they are now feeling like a 4. All future rolls will be based on this number until you finish the game. If you had them as a 4, they are now down to a 3, and if you had them as a 3 they are now down to a 2. You are feeling mentally exhausted!

4. Sand's End Hold
5. Western Weyr

For all that Paradise Falls had been one of the locations Taibbi had been certain she would remember easily when they were practicing visualizations on the ground, the sudden realization that Neuwith hadn't been paying attention during their lessons and wouldn't be able to confirm or even guess at the accuracy of her coordinates put a new stress on the young woman.

Why weren't you paying attention? she demanded.

Sheepishly, Neuwith answered, I think I was talking to one of my sisters. I'm sorry. But I know we can do this. We did so well last time, and we've come through all right so far, haven't we?

Both of them knew they were not coming through as well as they had before, and Taibbi doubled down on calling up every single detail she could of their next destination, and holding it in the forefront of her thoughts long after they were actually circling above the splashing cascades.

Princess_Feylin rolled 1 12-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-12)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:20 pm
Taibbi and green Neuwith
User Image
Distraction/Intensity:

Sevenday 2, Grid 2
1. Courtesan Hall

2. Redoubt Hold
3. Paradise Falls Hold
4. Sand's End Hold
Quote:

If you have a a 3 or lower in Anxiety/Confidence levels, perhaps you needed more fear of Between because something goes wrong and you fail to return and are lost forever... unless you get your coordinates checked.

5. Western Weyr

Mentally, Taibbi was flagging, and that worried her. It worried both of them. What's more, she was having a hard time recalling anything about Sand's End Hold. There was sand, maybe? Or maybe there wasn't, hence the name. No. there was definitely sand.

Should we check? Neuwith asked, feeling guilty because she knew she couldn't help. Her thoughts had been running along similar lines to Taibbi's, regarding what Sand's End Hold might be like, and those thoughts were far too vague and uncertain to base a jump between on.

We should, Taibbi agreed, coloring with embarrassment again. It wasn't that she didn't know these destinations. She'd studied and practiced and even sketched a few of them. She was just having a hard time trusting in her memory, and even her memories of her sketches made her worry. She wasn't a really great artist. She probably rendered them wrong, and if she remembered them as (incorrectly) drawn, she'd kill Neuwith and herself.

A chagrined and weary pair appeared in the sky above Sand's End Hold, having confirmed the coordinates with their instructors.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin rolled 1 12-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-12)

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:28 pm
Taibbi and green Neuwith
User Image
Distraction/Intensity:

Sevenday 2, Grid 2
1. Courtesan Hall

2. Redoubt Hold
3. Paradise Falls Hold
4. Sand's End Hold
5. Western Weyr
Quote:
8-12: Success! You manage to make the leap without any trouble! Good job! Breathe easy!

Despite their misgivings and exhaustion, the jump back to Western Weyr went off without a hitch and the pair came to a relieved rest on the edge of the Weyrbowl. Taibbi slumped forward and gave Neuwith a hard hug, despite her short arms making an unimpressive span of the athletic green's girth.

We made it, she breathed.

Yes. I will pay more attention. I promise, Neuwith swore. I love you.

I love you, too.

Tsunake rolled 1 12-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:34 am
Phryana and Gold Kleoth

Stats:
Distraction/Intensity: 4
Memorization/Visualization: 4
Anxiety/Confidence: 3

Sevenday 2: Grid 2
1. Courtesan Hall
2. Redoubt Hold
3. Paradise Falls Hold
4. Sand's End Hold (Minor Hold beholden to Western Hold)
5. Western Weyr

The second sevenday. Liat had approved for them to begin jumping to minor, but still important Holds, and they'd been quite successful so far. Still, Phryana didn't dare assume that this would be easy. Touching Kleoth's neck gently, she checked with her beloved queen even as she visualized the coordinates to the Courtesan Hall. Ready, love?

I am. Kleoth replied, and with Phryana's direction, leaped into the icy blackness that was Between.

Quote:

After a few heartbeats, they appeared above the Hold, and Phryana couldn't help a flicker of relief and pleasure. Good. Her studies were paying off.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Tsunake rolled 1 12-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-12)

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:39 am
Phryana and Gold Kleoth

Stats:

1. Courtesan Hall
2. Redoubt Hold
3. Paradise Falls Hold
5. Western Weyr

Places she'd heard of in lessons but never dreamed of seeing... Phryana held the coordinates of Redoubt Hold in her mind, passing them along to Kleoth before she leapt Between once more.

Quote:

They emerged once more without difficulty, high above. The sun glittered off Kleoth's hide, and Phryana thought with mirth that she wouldn't mind not ever being cold again--not after living in High Reaches and Nabol.

Cold? Kleoth teased gently, for naturally Between didn't bother her in the slightest.

Phryana only rolled her eyes playfully before the pair settled back down to focus on their task.  
Tsunake rolled 1 12-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:44 am
Phryana and Gold Kleoth

Stats:

1. Courtesan Hall
2. Redoubt Hold
3. Paradise Falls Hold
5. Western Weyr

Paradise Falls certainly sounded lovely. Phryana concentrated, making the coordinates as clear and concise as she could manage when she shared them with her queen. Kleoth responded by making the jump, and they were soon surrounded with the bitter cold and blackness of Between.

Quote:
2-4: Success & Failure!

If this is your second or third roll, if your Exhaustion Level of 3 or higher is going to be reduced by one for the rest of your rolls. i.e. If you had them down as a 5, they are now feeling like a 4. All future rolls will be based on this number until you finish the game. If you had them as a 4, they are now down to a 3, and if you had them as a 3 they are now down to a 2. You are feeling mentally exhausted!

Another success. Phryana let out a slow breath, resisting the urge to press a palm against her eye. Maybe she hadn't been getting enough sleep, but this sort of concentrating was... exhausting.

Over halfway there. Kleoth encouraged, instantly reaching out to her rider with love. This is hardly a race. Take all the time you need.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Tsunake rolled 1 12-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-12)

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:13 am
Phryana and Gold Kleoth

Stats:

1. Courtesan Hall
2. Redoubt Hold
3. Paradise Falls Hold
5. Western Weyr

Taking her dragon's wise advice, Phryana didn't immediately attempt to have them take the jump to Sand's End Hold. High above on Kleoth's back, she admired Paradise Falls from what she could see, enjoying the verdant green and the abundance of life. Once she felt better prepared, she summoned up the coordinates from many long hours of study and fixed them firmly in their mind.

With a gentle thought from her rider, Kleoth prepared to take them both Between....

Quote:

If you have a a 3 or lower in Anxiety/Confidence levels, perhaps you needed more fear of Between because something goes wrong and you fail to return and are lost forever... unless you get your coordinates checked.

...and paused. Are you certain? Kleoth asked softly, never doubting Phryana. The young woman sat silently for a moment before she spoke. "Please ask one of the assistants for the coordinates." She replied, equally soft. Kleoth did so, and the rider leaned back in her seat for a moment, eyes closed. That... could have been the end of them, if Kleoth hadn't stopped them.

But it wasn't.

Refusing to let herself dwell on What Could Have Been, Phryana visualized the corrected coordinates and urged Kleoth Between. Fortunately, the journey was without incident.  
Tsunake rolled 1 12-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:20 am
Phryana and Gold Kleoth

Stats:

1. Courtesan Hall
2. Redoubt Hold
3. Paradise Falls Hold
5. Western Weyr

One more jump and then they'd be home. Phryana wanted nothing more than to throw herself back into her studies, well aware of the faint, yammering terror that she was currently quashing. She couldn't focus on it now.

Quote:

The leap back to Western was flawless, and though she desperately wanted to slump in her saddle, she was too proud to show just how shaken she was. Kleoth, too, was silent, concerned for her rider's well being. She knew Phryana blamed herself and wouldn't be able to stop berating herself.

Perhaps Yaguareth's would be able to assist...  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

tatterpixie rolled 1 12-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-12)

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:18 pm
Sorsha of Gold Leoth

Stats:
Distraction/Intensity: 3
Exhaustion/Alertness: 4
Memorization/Visualization: 5
Anxiety/Confidence: 4

1. Courtesan Hall
2. Redoubt Hold
3. Paradise Falls Hold
5. Western Weyr

The second sevenday came around and Sorcha was feeling much more rested, and much less distracted. "We're going to do this!" she said to Leoth, patting the big gold on the neck. Still, the scare she had gotten on the first sevenday's attempt haunted her. Shaking the feeling off, she gave Leoth the coordinates to Courtesan Hall and urged her Between...

Quote:
7: Mostly success!

If you have a Studiousness level of 4 or 5, or a Exhaustion/Alertness level of 4 or 5, all your hardwork.. fails. Maybe you memorized the wrong pages, or maybe you had too much detail and wind up lost in the wrong time. Either way, where you showed up is right, but the WHEN is all wrong! In fact, your dragon starts to panic when they realize that the time and place is... not right!

Too quickly, before you are able to see much of anything worth noting, your dragon begs to return to Western Weyr. You visualize the coordinates, and pop successfully back to the right time and place--thoroughly shaken. Your Anxiety level automatically plummets to a 1 from here on out. Alternatively, you can fail your return and die on the way back to the right time. Your choice!

Courtesan Hall appeared beneath them, but Leoth suddenly sent waves of distress to Sorsha. Mine... this is not right. We must return NOW, Mine. NOW!

Rattled by Leoth's sudden fear -- her big gold weyrling wasn't afraid of anything -- Sorsha quickly visualized the coordinates for Western Weyr and just as quickly appeared back over the Weyr Bowl. What happened, beloved? What was wrong?

We weren't supposed to be there... then. The place was correct, but the WHEN was wrong. We could have been lost forever...

Sorsha shuddered as they landed. "Faranth..." Leaning over, she hugged the dragon's neck as best she could. "I'm sorry. I'll do better next time, I promise."  
tatterpixie rolled 1 12-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:34 pm
Sorsha of Gold Leoth

Stats:
Anxiety/Confidence: 4 1

1. Courtesan Hall
2. Redoubt Hold
3. Paradise Falls Hold
5. Western Weyr

It took a little while for Sorsha and Leoth to settle down enough after that near-disaster and try the jump to Courtesan Hall again. The red-haired girl was still very shaken, though she was determined to get through this and continue the lesson. "Alright, Leoth," she told her dragon, all business now. "Let's try this again..."

Quote:

They emerged from Between over Courtesan Hall. Much better, Mine, much better. We are at the correct place and time.

Sorsha breathed a huge sigh of relief. "I knew we could do it," she nodded, not quite convinced of her statement.  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

tatterpixie rolled 1 12-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-12)

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:42 pm
Sorsha of Gold Leoth

Stats:

1. Courtesan Hall
2. Redoubt Hold
3. Paradise Falls Hold
5. Western Weyr

Feeling the tiniest bit better, Sorsha patted Leoth on the neck and sent her the coordinates to the next stop on the list, Redoubt Hold...

Quote:
2-4: Success & Failure! If this is your first roll and you have a 1 in any of the levels, you fail. Whatever the reason, you find yourself in a world of trouble, as the black void of Between embraces its newest victim... But maybe you felt a need to get those coordinates checked before you took the leap.

...then she paused before giving Leoth the order to jump Between. "Maybe... maybe we should get those coordinates checked," she said. "Please ask for a recheck..."

As it turned out, it was a good thing she did, and with the correct coordinates firmly set in her mind, the jump to Redoubt Hold went off just fine.  
tatterpixie rolled 1 12-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:50 pm
Sorsha of Gold Leoth

Stats:

1. Courtesan Hall
2. Redoubt Hold
3. Paradise Falls Hold
5. Western Weyr

Next stop was Paradise Falls Hold. Sorsha was really not happy with the way the first two jumps had gone, and vowed to do better this time. She sent the coordinates to Leoth, and the big gold weyrling blinked Between...

Quote:

...appearing in the sky over the tropical Hold without a hitch. I knew you could do it, Leoth said, sending a flood of warmth and love toward her rider.

Sorsha sent the same feelings back. "Yeah. We did it." So far...  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

tatterpixie rolled 1 12-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-12)

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:57 pm
taking the reroll.... X_X  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items