Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Guild: Akumu Academy

Back to Guilds

A dark Pokémon RP guild that is literate for the most part. 

Tags: Pokemon, Team Rocket, Dark pokemon guild, Roleplay 

Reply Sanctuary
Battle Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CosplayerMania

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:47 am
User Image A new could-be student steps in through the Battle Room doors, a few years older than the average 10 year old that is just starting out. And a strange sight at that, for a would-be Rocket criminal in that she looks chipper, sweet, and doused in pink and frills. Seems more like the goody-two-shoes type, how'd she end up here?

Making her way inside, she casts her curious blue eyes around for any sign of a tester, but only finds herself on her lonesome. Is she supposed to wait here for someone, or what? She didn't see any instructions on what to do after entering.. Hands on her hips, she shifts from foot to foot as she waits mildly impatiently for the chance to test out her battle skills.

Pokemon:
User Image
Pokemon: Frillish [F]
Level 2
Nature: Modest
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:7 /SPD:7/SP-ATK:8 /SP-DEF:9
Moves:
- Bubble
- Acid Armor
- Pain Split
-
EXP: 0/75

Bag:
-Homemade cupcakes
-Cooking utensils

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:16 pm
"Hi there, little buddy!" The girl was greeted with an excited voice echoing from the shadows. "My name's Daydream, and I'm happy you're here! We here at the Battle Room love seeing new students, especially since it's our job to test your stuff! Since my fellow mentor is... preoccupied, I'll be the one administering the test. Don't worry, it's just a pass or fail." He'd give a bright, breezy laugh before continuing. "It's very simple! You have to beat me in a battle to become a full member of Akumu Academy."

As he spoke, a little blue blip fluttered out of the darkness; a Swablu chirped at the girl in acknowledgement.

"Circus over here will be your opponent!" Daydream paused, thinking. "Could you go ahead and release your Pokemon? Then we can get started!"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Circus [M]
Lv 2 Swablu
Nature: Jolly
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:16/ATK:7/DEF:8/SPD:7/SP-ATK:6/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Peck
- Growl
- Agility

CosplayerMania

((Hello there! I'll be giving the tutorial for the moment. Starting at the beginning...

Akumu Academy runs off a turn-based combat system. The Pokemon with the highest speed stat goes first; in this situation, we have the same speed, so we'll be attacking at the same time. Whoever's hit lands will defend the next turn, and whoever missed will get the chance to attack again. Aim is determined by the roll of 1D20. That ability can be found with the "Post Action" function while posting. I'll roll a die, and you'll roll a die. If I roll higher than you, my attack will land. If I roll lower than you, my attack will miss. Fairly straightforward.

After the initial turn, we'll alternate between attack and defense, depending on who landed that first hit. When I attack, you defend. When you attack, I defend. And so on, switching until someone's Pokemon can't fight anymore.

Attack turns constitute as "using moves"; status moves like Acid Armor and Growl can be used during attack turns.

A Pokemon's stats are to be posted at the beginning of the battle, for reference.

I'll cover damage calculation next post. With me so far?))

In the Garden of Monsters
Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

Rook_the_Rabbit

Slumbering Bunny

12,175 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:49 pm
User Image ((ooc) can anyone see this image??)

A small trainer, barely ten years of age, toddles into the room anxiously clutching a ratty stuffed teddiursa. Poppet floats lazily behind him. He glances around meekly, hands sweaty, and squeaks out a soft "Hello?"

Pokemon

Poppet
Duskull [F]
Lv 2
Nature: Quiet
Stats:
HP:13/13/PP:16/ATK:7/DEF:9/SPD:5/SP-ATK:6/SP-DEF:9
MOVES:
- Ominous Wind
- Haze
-
-

Items

1 old teddy named Henry
1 bright yellow wind breaker, several sizes too large
1 kinda cruddy brown messenger bag
1 half full box of bandaids
1/2 a bag of jerky
other assorted odds and ends

CosplayerMania rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:24 pm
User ImageWhen the disembodied voice appears, sounding so perky and happy, a smile splits her face. His excitement is contagious, and she finds herself rolling on the balls of her feet and grasping for the pokeball of her new Pokemon. He explains his role and what she's doing here, and she takes it in with rapt attention until he's done. "Happy to be here, Daydream! Boy, I'm really glad you sound fun, it'd be a shame to have a dull first battle test!"

Watching the Swablu appear from some unseen place, she examines the fluffy cloud bird curiously, she hadn't seen one before and it looks cute. She wonders what type it is. Water/Flying? She'd find out soon enough. "Yes sir! Come out, Frillish!" Tossing out the newly acquired pokeball, the Frillish emerges in a beam of red light. "Your name is going to be... Nymph! What do you think, Daydream?"

Wasting no time getting started, she calls out to her strangely matching Pokemon. "Nymph, use Acid Armor!" Though it had only met her just today during the Pokemon Assignment, the Frillish was an obedient one and all too happy to try and up its defense before the fighting really started.

Pokemon:
User Image
Nymph
Level 2
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:7 /SPD:7/SP-ATK:8 /SP-DEF:9
Moves:
- Bubble
- Acid Armor
- Pain Split
-

Bag:
-Homemade cupcakes
-Cooking utensils

Rook_the_Rabbit
((I can't see either of your pictures, no))

((I'm following you so far, yes! And I also wanted to say thank you for taking my tests earlier, it seemed like you were staying up to let me finish))  

CosplayerMania

In the Garden of Monsters rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:18 pm
Daydream couldn't help chuckling. "Excellent! I like you students with a bit of life in you; it's so refreshing! And Nymph's a fine name!" He was far, far too pleased about this, but then, the only excitement he had anymore was bothering students and Nightmare, and Nightmare was somewhere lost in a Pokemon in Love marathon, so he'd have to make due. "And excited to get started, eh? Then let's go! Circus, Peck!"

The odd bit of fluff twittered loudly in agreement, taking to the skies with a cheer. In her next moment, she'd divebomb towards Nymph beak-first, wind whistling past her wings as she did.

Circus [M]
Lv 2 Swablu
Stats:
MOVES:
- Peck
- Growl
- Agility

CosplayerMania

((Like I said, we'll be attacking at the same time, so this is a bit of an unusual situation. Whoever rolls highest (factoring in Aim Modifier, which we'll get to) will have their attack succeed. Status moves are simple; if you use a status move and your accuracy is the highest, it takes effect.

Damaging moves require math, but the calculation is pretty straight-forward. The formula goes thusly.

[Attacker Accuracy - Defender Accuracy] + [Appropriate ATK - Appropriate DEF] = DMG )

Say I roll a 16 for attack, and you roll a 10 for defense (or in this case, if you roll a 10 for your attack). That would make the damage calculation this

(16-10) + (7-7) = 6 DMG!
(As Peck is a physical move, I'm using my attack and your defense)

Now, things would be a little different if the rolls were reversed. See, as a trainer, you're in possession of something called an Aim Modifier, which allows your Pokemon to focus a little harder than others. Your Aim Modifier is 5-- remember that, because it'll help. the Aim Modifier is added to your accuracy roll regardless of whether you use an attack move or a status move. Now, if you had rolled 16 for attack, and I'd rolled 10 for defense (or in this case, attack)...

((16+5) - 10) +(8-8 ) = 11 DMG!
(As Bubble is a special attack, I'm using your special attack and my special defense.)

Makes sense so far? Since you rolled first, you'd generally be the one doing the calculations (just habit in this guild), but if you want, I can do them.

And sorry to make you wait; today was a bit odd.))

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:20 pm
"Hey there, little buddy!" came a bright and kindly voice from the darkness. Nobody would appear, but that didn't stop the voice from continuing on. "It's nice to meetcha, kiddo! My name's Daydream, and I'll be looking after you for your introductory test!" He giggle a bit, easily amused by the oddest things. "Now, while we're happy to see you here at Akumu Academy, we gotta make sure you're Rocket material, which means... you gotta beat me! In a Pokemon battle, I mean, I'm not going to make you physically fight me."

A cute little Bounsweet bounded right out of the shadows, smiling up at the boy and his ghost.

"And there's your opponent! Right on time, Shortcake!" Daydream paused, humming a bit. "Now... are you ready for the fight, little fella? Just say when, send your Duskull forward, and I'll get us started."

Shortcake [F]
Lv 2 Bounsweet
Nature:
Lonely
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:6/SPD:6/SP-ATK:6/SP-DEF:7
MOVES:
- Play Rough
- Acupressure
- Splash

Rook_the_Rabbit

((Hello there! I'll be giving the tutorial for the moment. Starting at the beginning...

Akumu Academy runs off a turn-based combat system. The Pokemon with the highest speed stat goes first; in this situation, that's me. I'll be attacking first, and the system's pretty straight-forward. When I attack, you defend. When you attack, I defend. And so on, switching until someone's Pokemon can't fight anymore. You'll need to aim to hit me, though, and that's where the rolling comes in. Aim is determined by the roll of 1D20. That ability can be found with the "Post Action" function while posting. I'll roll a die, and you'll roll a die. If I roll higher than you, the attack will land. If I roll lower than you, the attack will miss. Fairly straightforward.

A Pokemon's stats are to be posted at the beginning of the battle, for reference.

I'll cover damage calculation next post. Understanding me so far?

Also, like CosplayerMania, I can't see the your images. The first image is posted incorrectly (you posted the page where the image is hosted, not the page that just has the image); I'm putting the right url under this spoiler. The second image I had to modify a bit, but it should work now; it's also under the spoiler. I hope it helps!))

User Image

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

CosplayerMania rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

CosplayerMania

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:55 pm
User ImageNymph gains +2 defense!

As Nymph floats there with a slight sway, her body is outlined with a faint, purple bubbling mist that settles over her, making her body look a little more liquidy than normal. An odd effect, but done quickly enough to give her time to avoid the peck from the Swablu. Now with a better defense, Ivy pipes up to direct her new Pokemon. "Alright, watch out for it, it's going to be coming back for another try!"

Strange eyes turning up and an ever present smile on the Frillish's cute face, it watches the Swablu for another chance to dodge it, or at least to block with her arms. For the time being, Ivy addresses Daydream with pleasant tone. "Do a lot of the kids try to be tough because they think they have to be to get in? I hope they don't take too much convincing that it's okay to want to get along with your schoolmates, especially if they're offering you homemade sweets.. Speaking of, after our battle would you like one? I brought some from home with me!"

As far as she knew, Daydream was a living, breathing person watching from a viewing room, she had no reason to suspect otherwise yet.

Pokemon:
User Image
Nymph
Level 2
Stats:
HP:14/14/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:7(+2=9) /SPD:7/SP-ATK:8 /SP-DEF:9
Moves:
- Bubble
- Acid Armor
- Pain Split
-

Bag:
-Homemade cupcakes
-Cooking utensils

((In this case it was a status move that increased my defense by 2, but normally I'd have done the calculation the same, I get it! Since it was a status move, we don't need the calculation written, since I'm not doing any damage. It's just a hit, and then since I succeeded I now go into defend mode!
I think I've got it down so far, yes! And no worries, I understand busy schedules
As a side note, I accidentally stumbled upon this and it's perfect, pokeball cupcakes))

In the Garden of Monsters rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:35 am
Daydream snickered as Circus totally missed Nymph; it seemed his odd glee extended to his Pokemon. "C'mon, puffball! The floor's not your enemy, silly!" Well, it was light heckling, at least. He'd turn his attention back to the gregarious girl, and this time his laugh was rather gentle. "Oh, I've seen my fair share of tough gals and guys, 'fraidy-cats, and silent bobs. It takes a while for some folks to warm up... but we aren't totally free of camaraderie! Plenty of inter-division and intra-division bonding for all! Sometimes in mildly unsafe situations, but stiiiiiiill."

As the Swablu woozily fluttered back into the air, Daydream would find himself taken back. His laugh held a bit of sadness in it this time. "Quite kind of you, dearie, but I'm afraid I can no longer enjoy such material things. Save them for your classmates." He'd hum a bit, regaining his focus. "Well, let's give it another try, Circus! Peck!"

The Swablu had been squawking with protest as Daydream talked; did he KNOW how hard attacking the incorporeal was? I mean, if anyone should, it was Daydream. He'd chirp a few more times before staring right down at Nymph. This time, he'd go low first, barely skimming the ground, before lunging beak-first.

Circus [M]
Lv 2 Swablu
Stats:
MOVES:
- Peck
- Growl
- Agility

CosplayerMania

((You've got it!

Now, time to talk about murders. See, in Akumu, damage doesn't stop when a Pokemon's HP hits zero. When a Pokemon's HP goes below -7, they will die. However, your Frillish, by virtue of being part Ghost, cannot be killed. This doesn't extend to all your Pokemon, though, so be careful! There are some items or events that can revive the dead, but they're very rare, so don't count on them.

If you want to heal your Pokemon during battle, you'll need things like Berries or Potions. Unfortunately, you don't start off with any, but they can be purchased at the Academy's PokeMart for money your character finds. As in the games, healing items take up an attack turn-- you can't use a Potion and have Nymph use Bubble, for instance.

And oh man, those are cute! ))

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

CosplayerMania rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

CosplayerMania

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:26 am
User Image[15 - (4+5)] + [7 - 9] = 4 DMG! Frillish is at 10 hp!

Though it didn't do damage to something that touched it, the Acid Armor was successful in reducing the damage of the peck a bit. Nymph took it like a champ with that fast low flying, and made to float further back to put some distance between her and the bird before it could gather itself to attack again. She finally speaks, voice trilling and bubbly. /..Don't you know that there is no meaning to fighting me? There are no real consequences for either of us../ Was she genuine, or trying to psyche her opponent out? From her gentle disposition, it seems genuine.

Oh, how Ivy enjoys the personality that Daydream is. She hopes that she'll get to meet him outside of the battle room. Maybe he'll be a teacher! "Mildly unsafe circumstances are where aaaall the good bonding comes from, isn't it? It's where you learn to trust each other, who has your back or who is willing to leave you for dead, so it's kind of make or break there." At his sudden sad tone, she pauses and furrows her brows. Choosing to not question it right now, she tries to lighten the mood, finding herself frowning in bemused concern despite herself. "Well, at least I'm allowed to come visit here and talk with you and your friend sometimes, right? For team training!"

When Nymph glances back towards her, Ivy returns to the battle at hand. There is time for that later, for now she still has to prove herself worthy to be a student here. "Nymph, use Bubble to try and slow it down!"

Pokemon:
User Image
Nymph
Level 2
Stats:
HP:10/14/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:7(+2=9)/SPD:7/SP-ATK:8 /SP-DEF:9
Moves:
- Bubble
- Acid Armor
- Pain Split
-

Bag:
-Homemade cupcakes
-Cooking utensils

((I think I did the calculations right, but daang those reductions are nice! And aw, poor Daydream must be unhappy to be stuck here in the battle room
Also, for Bubble one of its effects is that it has a low chance to lower the target's speed, how does that work out here?))

Rook_the_Rabbit rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:25 am
"Hey there, little buddy!" came a bright and kindly voice from the darkness. Nobody would appear, but that didn't stop the voice from continuing on. "It's nice to meetcha, kiddo! My name's Daydream, and I'll be looking after you for your introductory test!" He giggle a bit, easily amused by the oddest things. "Now, while we're happy to see you here at Akumu Academy, we gotta make sure you're Rocket material, which means... you gotta beat me! In a Pokemon battle, I mean, I'm not going to make you physically fight me."

A cute little Bounsweet bounded right out of the shadows, smiling up at the boy and his ghost.

"And there's your opponent! Right on time, Shortcake!" Daydream paused, humming a bit. "Now... are you ready for the fight, little fella? Just say when, send your Duskull forward, and I'll get us started."

Shortcake [F]
Lv 2 Bounsweet
Nature:
Lonely
Stats:
MOVES:
- Play Rough
- Acupressure
- Splash

Rook_the_Rabbit

Akumu Academy runs off a turn-based combat system. The Pokemon with the highest speed stat goes first; in this situation, that's me. I'll be attacking first, and the system's pretty straight-forward. When I attack, you defend. When you attack, I defend. And so on, switching until someone's Pokemon can't fight anymore. You'll need to aim to hit me, though, and that's where the rolling comes in. Aim is determined by the roll of 1D20. That ability can be found with the "Post Action" function while posting. I'll roll a die, and you'll roll a die. If I roll higher than you, the attack will land. If I roll lower than you, the attack will miss. Fairly straightforward.

I'll cover damage calculation next post. Understanding me so far?

Also, like CosplayerMania, I can't see the your images. The first image is posted incorrectly (you posted the page where the image is hosted, not the page that just has the image); I'm putting the right url under this spoiler. The second image I had to modify a bit, but it should work now; it's also under the spoiler. I hope it helps!))

User Image

"O-okay. Are you ready, Poppet?" The little boy looks to his ghostly companion. Poppet is floating upside down and shrugs at him. Avery nervously motions for her to get ready to battle. Rolling her singlur red eye, she complies, righting herself and floating forward towards the Bousweet.

Avery chews his lip, and tucks his teddy back in his bag. "I think we're ready."

Poppet waves politely to Shortcake.

Pokemon

Poppet
Duskull [F]
Lv 2
Nature: Quiet
Stats:
HP:13/13/PP:16/ATK:7/DEF:9/SPD:5/SP-ATK:6/SP-DEF:9
MOVES:
- Ominous Wind
- Haze
-
-

Items

1 old teddy named Henry
1 bright yellow wind breaker, several sizes too large
1 kinda cruddy brown messenger bag
1 half full box of bandaids
1/2 a bag of jerky
other assorted odds and ends

(I think I'm following so far. Thank you for the image help, I haven't really posted images in a while.)  

Rook_the_Rabbit

Slumbering Bunny

12,175 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Gender Swap 100
In the Garden of Monsters rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:49 pm
"Sounds good!" Daydream chirped, eager to get things underway. "I'll start us off... Shortcake, Play Rough!"

The Bounsweet wiggled her stem excitedly, squeaking at Poppet in acknowledgement. Just because it was a battle didn't mean she had to be rude! Even if she did intend on whupping some butt if needed. Giggling like her commander, she'd launch herself forward right at the Duskull in a Play Rough attack!

Shortcake [F]
Lv 2 Bounsweet
Nature:
Lonely
Stats:
MOVES:
- Play Rough
- Acupressure
- Splash

Rook_the_Rabbit

((Just a suggestion; if you're in or near a battle, don't roll unless you're actively using an attack or defending. I could technically calculate that 1 for your defense (which would be bad, but since the battle hasn't fully started yet, I'm going to disregard it. I'll be rolling for attack first, and you'll be rolling for your defense. Defense is dodging, blocking, parrying, distracting... something that doesn't involve the use of moves.

As I said, rolling the dice for aim is important in this guild. This determines if your move hits, and how much the move hits for. Status moves are simple; if you use a status move and your accuracy is the highest, it takes effect. Damaging moves require math, but the calculation is pretty straight-forward. The formula goes thusly.

[Attacker Accuracy - Defender Accuracy] + [Appropriate ATK - Appropriate DEF] = DMG )

Say I roll a 14 for attack, and you roll a 10 for defense. That would make the damage calculation this

(14-10) + (6-9) = 1 DMG!
(As Play Rough is a physical move, I'm using my attack and your defense)

Now, things would be a little different if the rolls were reversed. See, as a trainer, you're in possession of something called an Aim Modifier, which allows your Pokemon to focus a little harder than others. Your Aim Modifier is 5-- remember that, because it'll help. the Aim Modifier is added to your accuracy roll regardless of whether you use an attack move or a status move. Now, if you had rolled 14 for attack, and I'd rolled 10 for defense (or in this case, attack)...

((14+5) - 10) +(6-7 ) = 8DMG!
(As Omnious Wind is a special attack, I'm using your special attack and my special defense.)

I'll explain why that 1 could have hurt you next post. With me so far?))

In the Garden of Monsters rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:47 pm
The Swablu chirped brightly, looking down at Nymph with bright eyes. /Oh, there are definitely no real consequences for me! You could totally kill me and that'd be all right! Might be a few consequences for you, though... I mean, not the killing, buuuuut.../ He squawk a few times, nodding. /Well, you'll see, you'll see~/

Daydream giggled slightly; frankly, he was pleased he'd gotten to take this girl instead of Nightmare. His fellow Battle Room mentor was a bit less on the talking, and more on the... cackling evilly and summoning headless Pokemon. Returning to the present, he'd remark, "Well, students don't generally come back to the Battle Room... but I doooooooo occasionally show up in the Mirage Arena. It's another of our training rooms, though usually your teachers only send you there in dire stakes." He's pause for a moment, thinking. "And your Pokemon means you're in Cerulean or Viridian, correct? Oh, and Circus, try not to drown."

/Drowning in air COULD be fun,/ remarked Circus, before taking to the skies in a lazy dodge.

Circus [M]
Lv 2 Swablu
Stats:
MOVES:
- Peck
- Growl
- Agility

CosplayerMania

((Not quite on your damage calculation. See, the Aim Modifier is specifically for aiming your attacks; it doesn't affect your ability to dodge. The damage calculation here would be [15-4]+[7-9] = 9 damage, putting Nymph at 5 HP. Don't worry, there's still plenty of time to turn the fight around!

Good question on Bubble! The speed reduction will kick in if your attack roll is +5 higher than than my defense while using it. Some moves function differently in this guild than in the game (especially priority moves/reduced priority moves), so if you're curious, the Information Center is a good place to look! It also has information about stuff like growing berries, breeding, and other good stuff.

Now, let's talk about other ways in which your rolls can be modified. See, there are things called Criticals and Fumbles. A Critical occurs when you roll a 20. For the rest of the battle, you gain +1 to your rolls for that kind of roll (if say, you rolled a 20 for your attack, the +1 applies for all remaining attack rolls in the battle). Fumbles occur when you roll a 1, and they apply a -1 to all rolls of that kind for the rest of the battle.))

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

CosplayerMania rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

CosplayerMania

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:37 pm
User Image[(16+5)-19] + [8-8] = 2 DMG to Swablu!

Ivy's perceptions had been off on the damage Nymph had taken from that peck because Nymph seemed so unaffected in her response. The reality of it was that Circus had landed a stronger blow than the Frillish had let on, and she knew another strong hit like that would take her out of the battle. An unfortunate start to her relationship with her trainer, so she'd try her best to avoid making them retake the test. /What consequences do you think I'll take away from this if I lose? A strain on my relationship with my trainer? ..I hope not./

A few of the bubbles from the attack hit, but they didn't make too much of an impact. It's better if more of them can hit at once to stack the damage, but with Circus' flying it made it harder to land more. Humming, Ivy strokes her chin and waves to Nymph. "Nymph, pull back and by mindful of any attacks, you don't want to get pecked again! If it swoops again, try to dodge it or do some cool ghosty thing!"

Shifting her attention to her new favorite overheard voice at the Academy, she smiles slyly as Nymph shifts into position. "Don't generally come back, huh? That doesn't mean we're not allowed to come back, right?" If she has to try and bend the rules then she's sure no one will complain too hard, it's Team Rocket after all. "And yeah, I'm in Viridian! Or will be, as soon as I pass this battle~. Do you have a favorite of the classes based on the sorts of kids you battle from them?"

Pokemon:
User Image
Level 2
Stats:
HP:5/14/PP:18/ATK:6/DEF:7(+2=9)/SPD:7/SP-ATK:8/SP-DEF:9
Moves:
- Bubble
- Acid Armor
- Pain Split
-

Bag:
-Homemade cupcakes
-Cooking utensils

((Oh okay! My bad, but I'm glad I made that mistake now so I don't make it later on :33 I think I've got that now, but we'll see hoohoo. The rolls really can get rough))

In the Garden of Monsters rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:06 pm
/Well, y'see, I mean.../ The Swablu hadn't taken so much damage as to halt his fluttering tongue; it was more that he wasn't sure how much to reveal to students. But then, it wasn't like this Frillish could communicate with her trainer. /So if you lose this battle, you get to try again! But if you lose twice... your trainer gets fed to the Giratina that lives in the basement. Or forcibly turned in a Nurse Joy. Or thrown out. Something like that!/ The wonders of education!

Daydream chuckled again. "Sure you aren't in Cereulean?" he asked teasingly. "Thinking around the rules is a fair bit clever... and ahhhh, all classes have their... special charms. For example, your division's professor is a layabout, but all Viridians have an interesting strength to them, I've seen. You have to, given... well, we aren't exactly kindergarten here." He'd chuckle, plainly thinking of somethign probably horrible. "Hm... Circus, better prepare in case you get hit by one of those bubbles again. Agility!"

The cloudbird chirped an assent, and began to loop in circles. He'd build up speed one way or another!

Circus [M]
Lv 2 Swablu
Stats:
HP:12/14/PP:16/ATK:7/DEF:8/SPD:7/SP-ATK:6/SP-DEF:8
MOVES:
- Peck
- Growl
- Agility

CosplayerMania

((Let's talk about the most common way I've seen people kill their Pokemon-- counter attacks! Counter attacking is pretty simple in concept; just use a move during your defense phase. Your Aim Modifier for a counter attack is your normal AM divided in half rounded down; for now, that's 2. Counter attacks can turn battles around, but be careful; failing one results in you taking double the damage you would have initially. For example, if you would have originally taken 5 damage, but you decided to try a counter and failed, you'd take 10 damage. Furthermore, using counters consecutively results in you taking a -2 damage penalty each time you use it. We have had people kill their Pokemon by countering, so please be careful.))  

Crew

Sparkly Businesswoman

Sanctuary

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out