Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
~{D&D 3.5}~ Legacy of Heroes [8/8 Slots Taken] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:23 am
Don't have a background yet, but, for your consideration, here's Delphine Madelina, a beater/healer combo I've been tempted to try out. I do ask that, when passing out the Legacy weapons, I wouldn't mind Faithful Avenger...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:24 pm
Alright, I added my background now that Rag. and I agreed that they tied nicely together. Just in case it got lost, here is Kepesk the 'Master Trapsmith and Disabler' Kobold.

On the legacy weapons, are we getting ones pre-made, or ones made for the characters? From what I hear the majority of the weapons in the book aren't all that good. For some reason I find it would be most hilarious to have an intelligent set of Masterwork tools that argue with Kepesk on whether he's doing something right or wrong. xd  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:51 pm
I don't know about the Legacy gear. I think I'll let it be a surprise for me and not give a suggestion.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:38 am
Yurro
Alright, I added my background now that Rag. and I agreed that they tied nicely together. Just in case it got lost, here is Kepesk the 'Master Trapsmith and Disabler' Kobold.

On the legacy weapons, are we getting ones pre-made, or ones made for the characters? From what I hear the majority of the weapons in the book aren't all that good. For some reason I find it would be most hilarious to have an intelligent set of Masterwork tools that argue with Kepesk on whether he's doing something right or wrong. xd
Pre-made, but if you make your own you can try and convince me to let you have it, but you have to fully make it.  

The_Black_Armed_Death_God

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:45 am
Yurro

Pre-made, but if you make your own you can try and convince me to let you have it, but you have to fully make it.
Back story and all?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:49 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
Yurro

Back story and all?
Yep, you have to have at least 15 levels,starting at 5, written out for it along with a fairly long back story split into multiple parts that can be used to build it's rituals.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:52 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
Yurro

Back story and all?
Yep, you have to have at least 15 levels,starting at 5, written out for it along with a fairly long back story split into multiple parts that can be used to build it's rituals.
I might do that... if for no other reason than just to.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:54 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
Southern_cross_nemesis
Yurro

Back story and all?
I might do that... if for no other reason than just to.

It can be fun, but at the same time it can be a pain. Look in the weapons of Legacy book for examples. ^_^  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:00 am
YAY!, I actually have WAY more players than I thought I would. Now I just have to wait till we can move this to a sub-forum ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:35 am

Eh never mind. I really don't feel like sinking in that much gold/xp/feats to do just that. I'd almost sooner go with Item Familiar from UA. Course I need a piece of equipment that cost at least 2k gp first, but whatev's.

Yurro

Southern_cross_nemesis
Raganui Minamoto
SCN... your race confuses me.

Evolved is a template from Libris Mortis, that gives undead more powers

Nerco polition is a template from the same book, that just makes a race undead

Changling is from monster manual 3

Necro takes a level away and the Evolved gives a +1 LA making the combo a 0 LA

If the dm doesn't like it, I don't mind creating a new character. I already have one in mind

I don't think that your doing that right... Necropolitian is a template that makes you die then 'recreated' as a undead, effectively making you lose a level from coming back, along with an extra 1k exp. The earliest you can take that template would be lvl 3, and reduced to 1 if I recall correctly. Not to mention that it costs 3k gp.
Meanwhile a LA +1 means that +1 take an effective level off from your total that could be used for a class level. So you would only have a max of 4 class levels to use, assuming the DM allows you to keep all your levels for Necropolitian. If not then you could be playing a lvl 3 character at best.

Another way of putting it would be like saying a Aasimir[sp?] [+1 LA] that has 3 lvls [ECL 4] takes Necropolitian to be reduced to lvl 2 [revived from dead effect], then loses and extra 1k exp reducing him back to lvl 1 [ECL 2].

Not sure if you answered this small battle between SCN and me. I just think that we need an answer as to who is right or wrong on how SCN figures LA and the level lose works.

Also found a link for Evolved Undead template.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:04 am
Yurro

Eh never mind. I really don't feel like sinking in that much gold/xp/feats to do just that. I'd almost sooner go with Item Familiar from UA. Course I need a piece of equipment that cost at least 2k gp first, but whatev's.

Yurro

Southern_cross_nemesis
Raganui Minamoto
SCN... your race confuses me.

Evolved is a template from Libris Mortis, that gives undead more powers

Nerco polition is a template from the same book, that just makes a race undead

Changling is from monster manual 3

Necro takes a level away and the Evolved gives a +1 LA making the combo a 0 LA

If the dm doesn't like it, I don't mind creating a new character. I already have one in mind

I don't think that your doing that right... Necropolitian is a template that makes you die then 'recreated' as a undead, effectively making you lose a level from coming back, along with an extra 1k exp. The earliest you can take that template would be lvl 3, and reduced to 1 if I recall correctly. Not to mention that it costs 3k gp.
Meanwhile a LA +1 means that +1 take an effective level off from your total that could be used for a class level. So you would only have a max of 4 class levels to use, assuming the DM allows you to keep all your levels for Necropolitian. If not then you could be playing a lvl 3 character at best.

Another way of putting it would be like saying a Aasimir[sp?] [+1 LA] that has 3 lvls [ECL 4] takes Necropolitian to be reduced to lvl 2 [revived from dead effect], then loses and extra 1k exp reducing him back to lvl 1 [ECL 2].

Not sure if you answered this small battle between SCN and me. I just think that we need an answer as to who is right or wrong on how SCN figures LA and the level lose works.

Also found a link for Evolved Undead template.
I believe it would work like the Revenant of 4.0 D&D, you do not lose a level. Because it is 'death' not character death, the difference is in game and out of game. The G.O.D. has spoken!
(G.O.D. ~ Game Operations Director)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:10 am
I believe it would work like the Revenant of 4.0 D&D, you do not lose a level. Because it is 'death' not character death, the difference is in game and out of game. The G.O.D. has spoken!
(G.O.D. ~ Game Operations Director)

Alright, thank you for answering that.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:13 am
wait so, I don't have to fix it?