Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PF] No Return Ch. 1: The Flight of The Lady (Start.) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is our Most Valuable Roleplayer
  1.) Cley Pureholm-- The Paladin dishing out all the damage.
  2.) Justice Blackwell-- The Monk/ranger who is taking on the other side of the battlefield.
  3.) Tehila-- The Bard who is motivating us all and gave the Pally a weapon!
  4.) James-- The Sorcerer pin cushion!
  5.) Hur' Oc-- The Fighter who isn't fighting, but hark he bears the gift of weapons retrieval!
  6.) Lad Sherlock -- The Paladin/Sorcerer pin cushion who took out one opponent in about the goriest way possible.
  7.) Ziya-- The Druid pin cushion who is casting spells and keeping the client safe from beneath a table!
  8.) The DM-- Who is sending wave after wave of enemy at you and making your characters life miserable!
  9.) The Fat Spellcaster guy from earlier who disappeared-- He's important don't forget him.
  10.) The innocent onlooker who is stalking this thread and only voting in this poll for the gold.
View Results
Dallas Moonrain rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 6 Total: 14 (2-40)

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:35 pm
Justice is annoyed at having to give her up her arrows, but does her best to keep her expression neutral as she hands over her quiver without complaint. This is the point where I'm glad for that monastic training. At least I'm not completely helpless. She glances sympathetically at the heavily armed orc and paladin--odds are good they're not as lucky as her, though the ploy about the "decorative" great sword is rather cute. She'll be amused if it works.

Now just to wait until the steward goes away so she can make sure the others know what she had overheard from the guards....Looks like things are going to get interesting, and not in a good way. Justice's face goes grim.

{And 2 perception checks at +10}  
Wrasynth Ksyamen rolled 2 20-sided dice: 9, 13 Total: 22 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:07 pm
(2 Perception check @ -1)  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:30 pm
Wrasynth Ksyamen
(2 Perception check @ -1)

((You see nothing, you hear nothing, you feel nothing, you think nothing.))  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:19 pm
Taelka simply nods and hands over his weapons. His spells are his primary defense and offense anyways, so the crossbow is hardly needed.  

Laelless

PupSage rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 19 Total: 29 (2-40)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:11 pm
((Rolling sense motive vs Bluff +5

15 vs 8 npc wins 24 vs 16 npc wins ))  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:21 pm
The waiter began to stack the weapons in a burlap sack. "They'll be in storage until the end of the trip, and as much as I would love to go along with your idea about that greatsword, I'm sure we both know that I can't let you keep it, my jobs on the line if you bust that thing out on somebody. Now, please hand it over before we draw unnecessary attention to ourselves. When we touch down we will hand everything back over to you, but they will be nice and safe in the head chef's storage locker. Its got a big fancy lock on it, so you don't need to worry about thieves ma'am." He looked back at the kitchen once before adding, "Now if you still don't want to hand it over, I'll let one of these neanderthals tear it from your hands."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:16 am
User ImageCley sighs. Looks like she'd have to hope nothing actually happens on the flight, because she was going to be completely useless. Apparently her employer didn't care much if his bodyguards were entirely neutered, so maybe there wasn't anything to worry about after all. At least she was getting a free ride on an airship.

"I'd like to see them try and take it, to be honest. But I'm not here to start any trouble, so, if you think you can actually carry it along with all those other weapons, then here you go. I'd very much like to actually see you put it away, though - It's a very prized item to me, and having it locked up in a chef's locker where I'm reassured that no one will take it? Not terribly reassuring. I'd think the fact that I'm a holy knight of Iomedae with certain unbreakable vows would be more of a guarantee that I'm not about to start any trouble with it, to be honest. You may be a good man, but many of the people here? They're not."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:32 pm
He nods and says, "As much as I'd like to ma'am, the soldiers aren't letting anyone into the kitchen except the staff. I'm terribly sorry. Could you please just trust me? It will be safe and secure in the kitchen with all the others. I really don't want to make a big scene out of this." The man was begining to seem anxious, his eyes were darting around the room, locking onto each soldier as they all began to look towards them, leaving there relaxed positions of leaning against walls and such to assume a more terrifying stance with their hands on their weapons.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:14 pm
Map!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:34 pm
{Yay map!}

Lad smiles at the flustered steward. "I'm sure we can all agree that we don't want to cause trouble," he says, glancing at everyone at the table. Not that trouble won't happen anyway, but we don't need to be the instigators. "I'm sure that should anything happen to any of the weaponry, we can locate someone higher up in the airship who will be more than glad to pay for it." He smiles again, a little sharper this time, looking over at Cley with a quick grin and an incline of his head to encourage her. He does understand her dismay--he'd be equally useless without his bonded rapier--but he really wants the steward to go so that they're not surrounded by the touchy guards. It'll be much easier to surprise them later if we don't put up too much of a fuss now...

{FYI: Disciple of Sakura and I will be at my parents' place for Thanksgiving and may not have internet access during that time. We'll be on Tuesday and maybe Wednesday, but then may not be back til Sunday. Just so you know we're not ignoring you. smile }  

jennibert

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:30 am
User Image"Cley-dear, I'd say you're not going to get anywhere with this. He's far too perceptive to be fooled by us, and he is just doing his job. It's not his fault that these horrible brutes are trying to steal your precious sword. I'm sure that you're more than woman enough to take it back if you need it."

{BTW, gotta get out of the dorm for the holiday, and my folks don't always have a functioning interwebs. If I can get to a wifi spot, I'll take advantage of it, but I make no guarantees. Sorry.}  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:37 pm
User ImageGrudgingly, Cley hands over the sword. Though it has served her well in her journeys, she recognizes that there is no harm intended by the waiter himself. Clearly, the guards mean to do them harm, but she knows better than to invite trouble - and Count Drago seems not at all phased by the disarming of his bodyguards, so perhaps there really is nothing to worry about. Fortunately, in her platemail, she still is armed, even if the best her gauntlets can do is cause a minor concussion.

"I am giving you this on your honor that it will be safe and sound. If something should appear to be about to befall it, please be a dear and let me know. I think I could make it worth your while." She smiles, looking somewhat fetching, or so she hopes.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PupSage rolled 9 20-sided dice: 10, 3, 5, 5, 19, 18, 20, 10, 2 Total: 92 (9-180)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:02 am
As the waiter walked away Count Drago commented quietly. "There is no safe in the kitchen. I've toured this ship eight times before today, I've touched every surface withing it, and never once did I see a safe in the kitchen. Somethings not right, but I think its best we keep on the lowdown. If something goes wrong we'll know that the weapons are easily accessed in the kitchen." He put his head down and pretended to be sleeping.

A few moments passed and the sound of crashing dishes came from the kitchen. A soldier came flying out of the kitchen door and crashed into the wall, sliding down as the blood streaked behind him. Panic spread throughout the room as the soldiers guarding the exits began to draw their weapons and push the civilians back. The large waiter reappeared outside the door just before he was hit by three crossbow bolts, two in the chest and another in the head. He too fell back, crushing the fallen soldier beneath him. A new soldier appeared from the kitchen with a heavy crossbow and a large repeater attached to it. He began to fire the bolts into the fleeing civilians as the other soldiers began to attack them as well all of them slowly drawing towards the adventurers in the center.

No reason was given, simply an attack. It had certainly been pre-planned though.

The count was panicking, only hearing crossbow fire and blood curdling screams. He slumped below the table and hid.

(ROLL INITIATIVE! LET THE REAL ADVENTURE BEGIN!)

(+4,+3,+3,+3,+1,+1,+1,+1,+2)

((I will update positions on the map after each round))
Initiative Order:
Cley=Nat 20
PVT 1: 20=Nat twenty
Justice
Ziya
Lad
PFC 2: 18+1=19
Hur'Oc: 18+1=19
Leader: 10+4=14
James: 8+4=12
PVT 2: 10+1=11
PFC 1: 9+1=10

Tehila
Gunny 1: 5+3=8
Gunny 2: 5+3=8
Srg: 3+3=6
Extra: 2+2=4

Wrasynth Ksyamen rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:17 am
init +1  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff