Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The start of the rest of your life(full) Update Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starting level?
  Epic. (If you chose this one, I will hunt you down and throw 2d20 dirty dipers at you, 100d20 each. How is that for epic?)
  1 (Me loves you)
View Results

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:12 am
I know what you mean =/ My campain has 4 people in it.

I prefer to keep the teams small and managable.

I remember you canceling one of the first game I joined. I was playing a Hellborn Warlock. He was a fun one =3.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:13 pm
I played a legitimate D&D-style Link at one point. I turned the Master Sword into a Holy Long Sword, the Hylian Shield into a Small Steel Shield of Arrow Deflection, the Hero's bow into a composite short bow, Epona into a Light Warhorse Mount (Link himself was a Paladin/Fighter Gestalt) and Navi into a Petal Cohort (detailed in MM3). The Hookshot was a Kawanaga (basically a sharpened grappling hook. Detailed in Oriental Adventures).  

Slave Xaccheus

gamingguru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:29 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Gamingguru... bud... what the hell?
what is there a problem?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:38 pm
Just didn't think anyone would use Vow of Poverty... No offense, but you have to admit that it is just wrong.

Also, how are you even having a Lay on Hands score? You know, with your 6 charisma which you need at least 12 of to even have Lay on Hands.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:00 pm
Vow of Poverty is far from broken. Seriously. Why does everyone think that? It gives you some magic item equivalencies, forces you to forswear all other equipment, and costs you two feats in the bargain. Unless you're a spellcaster, you'll never be able to fly of your own accord, and it doesn't mean extra gold for the rest of the party, because you still have to take your cut - you just give it to needy folks instead.

It is no more broken than the Mystic Theurge. It's just different. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:10 pm
Honestly, I'm a little amazed you're willing to go to 12 - I thought 8 was going to be a pretty damn full party.

I added Sharty's psicrystal, Blue, to her stat block next to her fastieth, Scaley. There's been debate amongst the D&D community that I used to be part of whether the fact that psicrystals get actual hit dice as the psion advances means that they get feats or not. I'm generally of the side that thinks that they do, since that's the way the rules work for all creatures, and I've given Blue the two feats he'd get for his 6 hit dice (beyond the Alertness feat he gains by default at 1 HD). If you'd rather I remove them, just let me know. They mostly just give Blue the ability to interact with its surroundings a little bit better, since I just two the spell-like ability feats from Complete Arcane for him.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Jacior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:13 pm
Here is my character, complete as he stands.

Ententre Beoimin  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:35 pm
If I may ask, Mr. DM, which characters have been accepted?  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:20 pm
So far, if I'm counting right, we have eleven characters not counting my friend possibly joining in, but I have a feeling he won't since the guy isn't responding at all to my PM's. I'll try and talk to him tomorrow and see what's going on, but don't bother worrying if he'll show up or not.  
Grevus rolled 6 8-sided dice: 5, 5, 8, 7, 1, 1 Total: 27 (6-48)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:20 pm
((Cannon, you do realize that I have a lot of games that I play(and I just won one), so Gaia isn't all I do. That would be play the Call of Duty Games, my impatient friend.))

Player Username: Grevus

Character Name: Milos Fletcher
Race: Human
Class: Battle Sorcerer (Animal Companion Variant)
Level: 6th
Exp: 15,000

Hp: 33
AC: 17 ( +2 Dex, +4 Chain Shirt, +1 Two-weapon Defense)
Touch AC; 12
Flat-footed AC: 15
Speed: 30ft

Initiative modifier: +2

STR: 14
DEX: 14
CON: 14
INT: 13
WIS: 13
CHA: 13

Saves:
Fortitude: + 4
Reflex: +4
Will: +6

Base Attack Bonus: +3

Grapple Modifier: +5

==============
Inventory :

Weapons: Spiked Gauntlets (1d4/X2 Piercing, 1lb) X2
Musket (1d12/X3 piercing, 150ft, 10lb)
Handaxe (1d6/X3 slashing, 10lb) X2
Bayonet (1d6/X2 Piercing, 2lb) X2

Armor: Chain Shirt

Other:
Backpack with Waterskin, trail rations 1/day, bedroll, sack, flint and steel, Hooded Lantern, five pints of oil. Spell component pouch, Traveler's outfit, Bag with ten bullets

Powder Horn with 2 pounds of gunpowder.

Gold:

==============
Skills:
Intimidate +7, Concentration +8, Craft (Alchemy)+5, Knowedge (arcana) +4, Profession (Porter) +4, Spellcraft +4.
Languages:
Common, Draconic

==============
Feats: Two-Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Defense, Point Blank Shot, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Firearms)
==============
Special Abilities/Attacks/Qualities: Animal Companion, Spells.

==============
Spells Prepared/Known: 0-level: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue, Flare, Daze, Disrupt Undead. 1st-Level: Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, Color Spray. 2nd-Level: Summon Monster II. 3rd-Level: Hailstones.

==============
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Wee Jas
Size: Medium
Height: 6"7
Weight: 169
Description/Image: Milos

Mayfleet, Heavy Horse Animal Companion. CR 1, Large Animal. HD 5d8+3, hp 27, Init: +2, Spd: 50ft, AC 16 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +5 Natural.) Touch 11, Flat-footed 12, Base Atk: +4, Grp: +10, Space/Reach: 5 ft by 10 ft. Atk -1 Melee (1d6+1 hoof) Full Atk -1/-1 Melee (2 hooves 1d6+1) SA: -, SQ: Evasion, Link, Low-light Vision, Scent, share spells, two bonus tricks, AL: CN, SV Fort +5, Ref +5 Will +2, STR 17 DEX 14 CON 15 INT 2 WIS 12 CHA 6.

Skills/ Feats: Listen +4, Spot +4; Endurance, Run.

Evasion: If Mayfleet is subjected to an attack that normally allows a saving throw for half damage, he takes no damage if he makes a successful saving throw.

Link: Milos can handle his animal companion as a free action. He also gains a +4 circumstance bonus on all Handle Animal checks when regarding his animal companion.

Share Spells: Any spell Milos casts on himself also affects his animal companion if the latter is within five feet at the time. He can also cast a spell with the target of "you" on his animal companion.

Mayfleet

Milos Fletcher isn't the son of some aristocrat, or someone in a position of any sort of political power. He is an ex-military man from a small cell of Battle Sorcerers. After his unit was wiped out in a battle, Milos has been reported as dead, though his superiors are still looking for his "body."

Milos traces his ancestry back to a Silver Dragon, though the only indication of this is his sorcerous blood. He was raised by the mayor of a small town, which allowed him the money to study the arts of magic. However, Milos didn't click with this "book learning," eventually dropping out of the magic academy at age 18. This left him with a less-open range of careers to pursue afterwards.

Milos was enlisted in his nation's military. There, he was trained in the use of simple weaponry, as well as the Musket and Handaxe. Among his comrades in arms, Milos seemed to be the most combat-oriented, often using his weapons judiciously before following up with a spell and closing the distance for a melee fight.

Milos's war was scarier than he'd thought. As he fought furiously on the battlefield, he could hear his comrades being blown away left and right. Milos wonders to this day how he managed to steal a horse and run away after his unit was entirely decimated, leaving him as the sole survivor to tell their story.

After his desertion, Milos began adventuring on the back of his stolen horse, which he christened Mayfleet. At first, their relationship was mostly the same as any other horse and rider, but eventually, Milos felt a deep connection awaken between him and his equestrian companion. Milos took Mayfleet as an Animal Companion three years after his initial escape from the army.  

Grevus

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:24 pm
Well, buddy, at least now we've got everything sorted out.

And darn you, I just lost the game... jerk.

((Also, now you need to write in the HP so we know what that die roll was for.))  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:29 pm
Man, that would have been so much easier if I just could have used Tetsu...

((I might reroll the ones, once I blow some steam.))  

Grevus

Grevus rolled 6 8-sided dice: 3, 4, 1, 8, 8, 6 Total: 30 (6-48)

Grevus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:31 pm
Let's try it again, without the ones this time.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:49 pm
Well, looks like we've filled up the character roster, assuming Milos is accepted.  

Slave Xaccheus

Drugged Lolli rolled 8 8-sided dice: 8, 1, 2, 8, 2, 5, 8, 7 Total: 41 (8-64)

Drugged Lolli

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:14 am
Rerolling HP after class change.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out