Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 2: The Ashen Mountains Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:59 am
--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--13--14--15--16--17--18--19-
X------------------------------------------------------------------X
Y--------------------------------P---------------------------------Y
Z------------------------------------Ge------Gr--------------------Z
A-K--K-----------------------------------B---I---K---K---E---E---P-A
B-E--E-----------------------------------B-----------------------P-B
C-E--D-----------------------------------B-----------Ta----------P-C
D-E--D-----------------------------------------------------------P-D
E-E--E-----------------------------------------------D-----------P-E
F-P--P-----------------------------------B---------------H-------P-F
G----------------------------------------B-----------C-----------P-G
H----------------------------------------B---I---K---K---E---E---P-H
I------------------------------------------------------------------I
J------------------------------------------------------------------J
K------------------------------------------------------------------K
L------------------------------------------------------------------L
M------------------------------------------------------------------M
N------------------------------------------------------------------N

Initiative Order
1. Hars 15hp, bloodied Initiative
2. Pelloth
3. Cain 27hp,
4. Captain Warrik has 101 damage, is cursed by Pelloth, is oath'ed by Cain, is marking Cain and is bloodied
5. Humans G1 has 42 damage, is cursed by Pelloth and is bloodied, G2 has 40 damage, is marked by Hars, Oath'ed by Cain, and is bloodied, G3 has 39 damage, is cursed by Pelloth, is Oath'd by Cain and is bloodied G4 has 43 damage, is marking Hars, is cursed by Pelloth, and is bloodied G5 31 damage, is cursed by Pelloth and is bloodied
6. Gerash 17hp, is bloodied
7. Grashuk 13hp, and is bloodied
8. Daelos 16 damage

After dashing forward, Hars finds that the Captain's defenses prove too good to pierce. But she makes sure he knows who he should be fighting.

Pelloth decides that a Kenku, his lover and a Bloodstone Stalker is enough to handle the Captain, and so leaves to search for other prey, cursing the fleeing human.

Thanks to his Oath, Cain just manages to cut another wound in Captain Warrik's flesh, and as yet more blood pulses out of his body, the Captain staggers back and makes a last ditch attack. He wildly swings his halberd around him attacking everyone near him! Cain performs an acrobatic back flip to dodge the swipe, but both Daelos and Hars take 16 damage as the halberd cuts through them. But, his last amount of stamina expended, the Captain falls to the floor, and dies...

Hearing his Captain dying, the guard gulps and kicks his heels into the flank of his mount; which whinnies and begins to gallop off sticking close to the edge of the cliff and heading north, provoking an OA from Grashuk, either against the rider or the horse, your choice.

(The horse is 10 spaces north of Pelloth, and depending on Grashuk's OA, either with or without it's rider)

Grashuk has an OA, and then he and Gerash may go!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:59 pm
The human had ignored him. Instead of fighting back, the soldier had instead chose to flee. Poor decision.

A snarl crossed Grashuk's lips as he pondered over whether he wanted to cut down the grunt, or to hack at the mount. If he killed the rider, it wouldn't necessarily stop the horse, and if it reached reinforcements, they would know something was wrong and investigate. And yet, he knew that he wouldn't be able to take the horse down in a single strike, so it would be outside of his reach and beyond his ability to stop.

Finally making up his mind, he slashes vertically, aiming to cut the soldier in two. As the horse charged across the battlefield, Grashuk tried to catch up to it, devoting all of his focus to chasing it down.

Quote:
Opportunity Attack: Melee against G5. 25 vs. AC, 11 damage.
Move Action: Double move to get as close to the horse as possible. I'll charge it if I can, but I really don't think so.

iDragow

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:44 am
((i'm assuming he's not dead, if he is, disregard))

"Don't let him get away," Gerash rushes after the fleeing guard, raises his orb and fires another bolt of magic after him, but the shot goes wide, leaving him unscathed.

((10 vs ref, pretty sure that misses))  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:48 am
Y--------------------------------P---------------------------------Y
Z------------------------------------Ge----------------------------Z

Initiative Order
2. Pelloth
3. Cain 27hp,
4. Captain Warrik has 101 damage, is cursed by Pelloth, is oath'ed by Cain, is marking Cain and is bloodied
5. Humans G1 has 42 damage, is cursed by Pelloth and is bloodied, G2 has 40 damage, is marked by Hars, Oath'ed by Cain, and is bloodied, G3 has 39 damage, is cursed by Pelloth, is Oath'd by Cain and is bloodied G4 has 43 damage, is marking Hars, is cursed by Pelloth, and is bloodied G5 42 damage, is cursed by Pelloth and is bloodied
8. Daelos 16 damage

Grashuk manages to draw another spout of blood from the rider as he flees, but the human proves resilient and keeps on his horse and alive. Grashuk grits his teeth and gives chase...

At the same time, Gerash launches a bolt of silvery force after the horse, but the magic missile veers off course and misses its target.

Meanwhile, Daelos recovers from the Captains death blow enough to sheath his dagger and spit on the humans corpse.

Hars, Pelloth and Cain may go! I doubt Hars or Cain can influence the remaining warrior, but Pelloth; the horse and its rider are 10 squares north of you, with Grashuk hot on thier heels 2 squares behind.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:05 pm
[Aura: 7]

With a thought, Pelloth accessed his drow heritage by limning the rider with darkfire. His target now easier to hit, he aimed and fired at the man. and chased after the horse in case the man was still alive.

Quote:
Minor: Darkfire on the guard, 11 v. Ref

Standard: Eldritch Blast: 16 v. Ref or 18 v. Ref if the Darkfire hit, and 9 damage if it hit.

Move: 6N

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:22 am
Hars wipes her swords on Warrik's cloak. "Hmph, he didn't seem so tough." With a minor flourish she resheathes both weapons.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:51 am
Y------------------------------------------------------------------Y
Z------------------------------------Ge----------------------------Z

Initiative Order
2. Pelloth
3. Cain 27hp,
5. Humans G1 has 42 damage, is cursed by Pelloth and is bloodied, G2 has 40 damage, is marked by Hars, Oath'ed by Cain, and is bloodied, G3 has 39 damage, is cursed by Pelloth, is Oath'd by Cain and is bloodied G4 has 43 damage, is marking Hars, is cursed by Pelloth, and is bloodied G5 42 damage, is cursed by Pelloth and is bloodied
8. Daelos 16 damage

Pelloth's racial ability unfortunately misses its target, and so with renewed determination, the drow launches a blast of eldritch energy. It flies towards its target, and smacks him in the left side of his back. As he screams and falls off his horse, he slides to the right and falls off the cliffside! The Horse continues to run, and you doubt you will be able to catch it, although all the men are now dead.

Unless you want to give chase on the horse (skill challenge) I suggest you short rest! Oh, and I've decided to be a bit lazy with exp. so instead of actually giving it out, I will keep a note and just tell you when you level up. It will still be quicker advancement than normal.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:38 pm
"Nice shot," Gerash remarks to Pelloth. Even if the horse did get back to where the soldier was headed whoever it met would have a difficult time determining what was going on here, and any reinforcements sent would hopefully be ill-prepared. Turning back to the keep he takes a breath an attempts to refocus his spent magic, as well as see to the wounds inflicted by the last man down.

((two surges puts me at 33/35hp.))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:25 pm
((one surge gets me to 42/44hp, 6 surges remaining))

"Come here you!" Hars gives the drow a flying tackle with her legs, wrapping them around his midsection as she pounces atop him. "That Captain left me wanting, Pelloth. He was hardly a challenge."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:31 pm
"Keep your clothes on," Gerash says, a hint of disgust in his voice, "There's more to do yet." He nods at the other keep, making sure the changeling hasn't forgotten about the task at hand.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:52 pm
When his final victim fell, he felt his power grow, just begging to be let out. He could feel the shadows swirling around him, and calling to him to be released. It took all his strength to not unleash them on the changeling when she pounced him. With a disheartened sigh, he released the stored energy and returned the embrace. The lust temporarily quenched he eying the wizard and quipped, "just because you have a limp noodle, doesn't the rest of us do."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:11 pm
"I could do with my clothes on. Mostly. . ." she emits an unelfishly beastlike growl and chews softly on Pelloth's black lower lip. "Oh ******** it all, there's more to kill down there. You can get your shade on, luvvy. Save your steel for me later."  

Arc Vembris
Crew

iDragow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:19 am
Sheathing his b*****d Sword, Grashuk rolled his neck, popping it several times. He walked back toward the others, and the two fortresses.

"We might want to prepare the keep we just took to be a fallback spot, in case things get bad in the other one. Having a safe area to regroup could give us an edge that the enemy would overlook, and give us the element of surprise during a retreat."

Without waiting for a response from Pelloth, Gerash, or Hars, the Bugbear walked into the overrun castle, inspecting the bodies of all those slain for anything of use.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:59 am
As the lovers and wizard argued outside, Daelos was inside with Cain. The elf was looking at the Kenku curiously for a while, before shrugging and making to walk out. But when Grashuk came in, the elf stopped, and spoke. "So, Tactician; what now?"

Grashuk, as you search the room and bodies, you come across nothing too much among the makeshift campsite except for a few crumbs of bread, half a mug of ale and a couple of dice. The only interesting thing you find is the armour of Captain Warrik. He is wearing Dwarven Drakescale armour +2. (Dwarven Armour is in the PHB, but I can tell you all the stats if you wish) Also Grashuk, make a perception check.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

iDragow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:22 am
"My plan is to quickly make this place an easy fall back spot for us, in case things go bad inside the other fortress. Not really much to it, since everything is either done, or we don't have time to do. I would have liked to make the doors harder to breach, however, time constrains force us on."

Cocking his head to the side, he noticed the armor that the human commander was wearing. It was... too nice for a human to be wearing, that he was sure of. Taking cares not to damage the armor anymore than it had been, he removed it from the human torso, not caring much if anything happened to the body.

Now holding the gift in his hands, he began to remove his own scale armor, and replace it with the human's. As the magics of the item slowly made it fit his larger body better, he felt better protected than he had in his old armor. Stashing the old set in his pack for now, he decided the best thing to do was survey the land inside the castle, to make sure there weren't any potholes or anything that might trip them up in a siege setting.

Quote:
Totally snag the Dwarven Drakescale +2 armor.
Perception check: 19

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces