Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Lights of Orellic (Pathfinder Homebrew Open to All) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:23 pm
Noahr93
Alzzak

Didn't catch what age he reached the camp sweatdrop

But yeah. I think we could make it work. Aalim didn't start Dervishing for a few more years so it gives plenty of time.

he came to the village when he was about 14  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:55 pm
Alzzak

That's what I was talkin about. I re-checked it.  

Salazar Neri

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:01 pm
Noahr93
Alzzak

That's what I was talkin about. I re-checked it.

Quote:

Nearly 7 years had passed, since they arrived at a small tribal village, within the boarder of Swarin. The young witch, now 21, ...

21 - 7ish = 14 ish  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:32 pm
Noahr93

Right. So they could have met around then.  

Salazar Neri

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:17 pm
glitterboypilot
Death Mage?

or shadow assassin

And my third idea, the one I like the most, but question if it would unbalance the game, was to take 3e's iaijutsu focus and adding that to the Samurai's Sword Saint

A: I have the change the flavor on the Death Mage quite a bit. Spirits in Orellic don't linger for very long. Incorporeal undead are transcendent of previously corporeal types, and therefore usually much higher level. So either the Death Mage is getting their info from the lower level corporeal undead, or they are just an extra special kind of crazy, hearing voices that "teach them about death." Zones where this class seems the most relevant: Sull, Merridan.

B: Shadow Assassin looks fine to me. Relevant zones: Sull, Swarin, Kurokusk, Merridan.

C: The Sword Saint's existing Iaijutsu Strike looks balanced enough on its own, considering the scaled damage based on level. To add bonus damage on top of that with just a skill check seems too excessive to me.  
glitterboypilot rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:42 pm
WhimsicalXellos
glitterboypilot
Death Mage?

or shadow assassin

And my third idea, the one I like the most, but question if it would unbalance the game, was to take 3e's iaijutsu focus and adding that to the Samurai's Sword Saint

A: I have the change the flavor on the Death Mage quite a bit. Spirits in Orellic don't linger for very long. Incorporeal undead are transcendent of previously corporeal types, and therefore usually much higher level. So either the Death Mage is getting their info from the lower level corporeal undead, or they are just an extra special kind of crazy, hearing voices that "teach them about death." Zones where this class seems the most relevant: Sull, Merridan.

B: Shadow Assassin looks fine to me. Relevant zones: Sull, Swarin, Kurokusk, Merridan.

C: The Sword Saint's existing Iaijutsu Strike looks balanced enough on its own, considering the scaled damage based on level. To add bonus damage on top of that with just a skill check seems too excessive to me.

I liked the Sword Saint combo, cause it gave the inijutsu strike a second time to use against the same enemy in one day. But, eh... as it is.  

glitterboypilot

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:31 pm
Any way I can talk you into a class feature become a feat for wizards?

Quote:
Shadow Adept (Su): Whenever you cast a shadow conjuration or shadow evocation spell from the death mage spell list (including lower and higher-level versions of those spells), you may use it to emulate any cleric, bard or sorcerer/wizard spell from the conjuration or evocation (as appropriate) schools. A typical death mage who casts those spells may only use them to emulate sorcerer/wizard spells, as outlined in the spell descriptions.

Xun Ira rolled 20 6-sided dice: 3, 1, 4, 2, 6, 5, 2, 2, 1, 1, 5, 2, 4, 4, 1, 3, 2, 6, 3, 4 Total: 61 (20-120)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:20 pm
Rolling of doom  

Xun Ira

Xun Ira rolled 8 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 2, 4, 1, 4, 1, 4 Total: 24 (8-48)

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:22 pm
The die hates me crying

3, 1, 4, 2, 9
6, 5, 2, 2, 13
1, 1, 5, 2, 8
4, 4, 1, 3, 11
2, 6, 3, 4 13
4, 4, 2, 4, 12
1, 4, 1, 4 9
crying crying  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:06 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Sure, why not. If it ends up breaking something, I'll tweak it. It's not a particularly big deal at the moment, since those are 4th and 5th level spells.

Xun Ira
Rolling of doom
Doom is right, yikes. Tell you what, use that 8 to make the two 9s better. IE: 4+4=8 and then 9+4=13 and 9+4=13. Or even 1+7=8 and then 9+1=10 and 9+7=16. However you want to split the 8 is up to you, but 0+8 isn't an option.

Oh, and what's the story on Longsong Mercenaries? smile  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:26 pm
My computer crashed, and now will not start back up. Currently using an old one, my brother had. Sorry for the delay, give me a day or two to get everything up and see if anyone is still interested in game time.

And thanks for the dm assist about the dice.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 pm
Xun Ira

Ouch, I've been on that street before. It's not a friendly neighborhood...  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 pm
yeah... sweatdrop

oh, reading from the others. I have to ask for something out of the norm?

If so, can I take the Serene Barbarian archtype?

There is a build, I always wanted to try with it.

And can we swap the two traits for a bonus feat?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:42 pm
Xun Ira

Archetypes aren't anything you have to ask about. They are a regular feature of the game. But no bonus feats.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:01 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Xun Ira

Archetypes aren't anything you have to ask about. They are a regular feature of the game. But no bonus feats.

I only ask, cause it is third party. And I have no idea what area would accept such a character.

My idea was a Drunk(just to have fun) Serene(like normal rage but Wisdom and Dex get the bonuses) barbarian/monk(martial artist, to destroy the lawful part and master of many forms)

And have my character be a pitfighter or a traveling peaceful warrior.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff