Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Legend of the Five Rings - Time for War Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:27 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Hey there.
Besides my yet-to-be-typed-up Personality and Background, how does my sheet look?

emotion_facepalm I feel like my sheet is such a mess....

I added it twice, and have you at 123 points.

You are Ronin, so you have Social Disadvantage (3) but without any bonus points (see the disadvantage for description).

For your traveling pack, a pet counts as two items.

Beyond that, the sheet is actually one of the more aesthetically pleasing ones I've been given (yay for those who write descriptions of things for me to reference!).

That's all I see wrong with it at a glance! I'll check the rest when you confirm the point difference.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:28 pm
Callsigncaboose
Rain Yupa
Callsigncaboose
Rain Yupa
Callsigncaboose
Attempt Three. with Juri as a Bayushi.

This is what, the third time we've posted while the other was posting?

I have you at 119, since you dropped a 6 point Crab Hands. Beyond that, see my previous post :3

If you look closely I removed Crab Hands and my Ally. Then I removed a point from Dangerous Beauty.
Then Placed the Related 7 Points into the Following Skills +1 Athletics, +2 Underworld

Traits/Rings: 68 points
Emphases: 0 (sneaking was free)
School Skills: Athletics (2) + Deceit (5) + Defense (0) + Kenjutsu (0, 2 free ranks from heritage) + ninja weapons (2) + stealth (5) + underworld (5) = 19 points
Other Skills: Knives (3) + Poison (10) + Meditation (10) + Jiujutsu (10) + Forgery (1) = 34 points
Advantages: Wary (5) + Heartless (2) + Beauty (1) + Ambidextrous (4) = 12 points
Disadvantages = Dark Fate (3) + Sworn Enemy (3) + Bitter Betrothal (2) + Bad Reputation (2) = -10 points

68 + 0 + 19 + 34 + 12 - 10 = 123 points.

TI-83 doesn't go back far enough in memory to show how I got 119. Anywho, wrote it down to make it easier to backtrack myself.

So.... Do I have points left?

2, yes. But please do a total on your own and see if you match mine?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:44 pm
Rain Yupa

You are Ronin, so you have Social Disadvantage (3) but without any bonus points (see the disadvantage for description).

Beyond that, the sheet is actually one of the more aesthetically pleasing ones I've been given (yay for those who write descriptions of things for me to reference!).

That's all I see wrong with it at a glance! I'll check the rest when you confirm the point difference.

Really? I got 133.... @u@? (Which is what it should be, since I have no Family bonus)

Disadvantage added~
Pack is fixed~

^u^ I do what I can to please. It's more for me than for anyone else, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:06 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Rain Yupa

Really? I got 133.... @u@? (Which is what it should be, since I have no Family bonus)

Disadvantage added~
Pack is fixed~

^u^ I do what I can to please. It's more for me than for anyone else, though.

Page 79. "There are two types of ronin characters: clan ronin and true ronin. Clan ronin were once members of a Great Clan or Minor Clan, but either left or were cast out. They are created as if you were making a character from that clan, complete with a family benefit."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:06 pm
my total added up to 125  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:14 pm
xX_Terei_Xx

Social Disadvantage reduces your STATUS by 1 (giving you Status 0.0. Congratulations, you have absolutely no authority!)

Traits = 36 points
Class Skills: Athletics (5) + Battle (5) + Defense (5) + Etiquette (2) + Hunting (5) + Kenjutsu (20) + Kyujutsu (2) = 44 points
Other Skills: Divination (3) + Games (3) + Iaijutsu (6) + Jiujutsu (6) + Knives (3) + Bushido (3) + Heraldry (3) + Superstitions (3) + Meditation (3) = 33 points
Emphases = 2+2+4 = 8 points
Advantages = 10 points
Disadvantages = -8 points

36 + 44 + 33 + 8 + 10 - 8 = 123.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:16 pm
Callsigncaboose
my total added up to 125

I had broken down my addition. Where is the difference, do you know? I could be wrong; staring at these numbers too long makes me a touch crosseyed sometimes.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:29 pm
Plainsfox
But more emphasees than all of us combined, if I may say so.

How many emphases require the GM to do additional bookkeeping?

How many advantages and disadvantages require the GM to do additional bookkeeping?

You'll notice a large variance between these two numbers. ninja  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:33 pm
Rain Yupa

Ronin Types:
If my character never officially became part of a family, does he still get the family bonus?
And do I need to get the ranks in the Clan skills, then?

Social Disadvantage:
I checked my book and it says Glory. x.e;;

I should have 48 points worth of Rings, for starters.
Does No-Dachi count as a second Emphasis or a first, since Katana was free?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:43 pm
Rain Yupa
Callsigncaboose
my total added up to 125

I had broken down my addition. Where is the difference, do you know? I could be wrong; staring at these numbers too long makes me a touch crosseyed sometimes.

I may have counted.... Oh, there's the problem. Double counted my 2 skills  

DeathAdams

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:56 pm
'kay, I double and triple checked it and think I might maybe have it all right. I shifted equipment around a bit for realism (though she's still pretty heavily laden) but put prices next to the things I bought to make it a little easier. For me. If it's not easier for anyone else I can change it. Description and background come later when I have setting information, but that's kinda a given. EDIT: And yes. I'm an advantage whore. I can't help it. They're just so pretty~

Player: Paidi tou Selini
Name: Tsuruchi Hana
Clan: Mantis
School: Tsuruchi Bounty Hunter (Bushi)
Insight: 158
Experience: 135/135
Glory: 3.0
Honor: 1.5
Taint: -
Heritage: Battle Veteran: Second Day of Thunder

EARTH: 2
  • Stamina: 2
  • Willpower: 2

WATER: 4
  • Strength: 4
  • Perception: 4

FIRE: 2
  • Agility: 2
  • Intelligence: 2

AIR: 3
  • Reflexes: 4
  • Awareness: 3

VOID: 2
  • Void: 2
  • Current Void Points: 2

SKILLS
Athletics (Various) - [N/A] - 2 (+5 - Daredevil)
Defense (Agility) - [N/A] - 3
Hunting (Perception) - [N/A] - 1
Kyujutsu (Reflexes) - [Tsuruchi Longbow] - 5
Stealth (Agility) - [N/A] - 1
(+1k0 - Crafty)
Battle (Perception) - [N/A] - 5
Courtier (Awareness) - [N/A] - 2
Etiquette (Awareness) - [N/A] - 1
Lore: Shadowlands (Intelligence) - [N/A] - 2 (+1k0, Crafty)
Storytelling (Awareness) - [N/A] - 1
Games: Go (Various) - [N/A] - 1

MASTERY ABILITIES
Battle Rank 5 - +2 Insight, Free Raise, once per combat she may make a Reflexes/Battle roll vs. TN 20 after she or an ally strikes an enemy. If it succeeds she may roll one die and add it to her initiative.

Defense Rank 3 - At the beginning of a skirmish she may declare Full Defense as her posture for the turn.

Kyujutsu Rank 3 - Reduce range penalties by 5.

Kyujutsu Rank 5 - +2 Insight, Free Raise, Wound penalties reduced by weapon skill when attacking with a bow, range penalties reduced by 5.

ADVANTAGES
Crafty (4) - She has always been particularly clever, and also curious about things inapropriate for her station. Her rank in all Low Skills is considered 1 higher.

Daredevil (3) - She is blessed with a natural athleticism that allows her to accomplish impressive physical feats. She gains a +5 bonus to the result of all Athletics rolls. Once per session, while attempting an action the GM considers foolhardy or daring, she may roll a single die. If the result is higher than 5 it is added to the result of a single skill or trait roll involved in that action.

Great Potential: Battle (8 ) - The prophecy made of her has thus far proven accurate, for even her sensei has, on many occasions, been given pause at her remarkable aptitude in the arts of War and Tactics. There is no limit to the number of raises she can make in the Battle skill, and upon rank 10 she gains 10 insight and its dice explode on 9s as well as 10s.

Leadership (5) - She has a talent for inspiring others. When making a group skill roll using a skill she possesses at least 1 rank in, the skill and trait used for the group is increased by 1. Any unskilled members in the group are considered to be at rank 1.

Tactician (6) - She is versed in the ebb and flow of battle, and always finds the crucial points on any battlefield. When adding her Water Ring to a Mass Battle roll, she may choose to add it as normal, half (rounding down), or double.

*Heritage: Second Day of Thunder - While the Kami were occupied fighting their fallen brother, the combined forces of clans had gathered to fight the strongest oni ningendo had ever seen. Among this coalition was the full might of the Wasp. [Time] has passed, but Rokugan, and especially Hana, has not forgotten the great sacrifice and greater glory of the victory that day. She has gained 2 ranks of the Lore: Shadowlands skill from studying her ancestor's deeds, and 1 rank of Glory for spreading them.

DISADVANTAGES
Compulsion: Alcohol (3) - After taking to the drink to cope with the expectations that come with such a grand prophecy, she now finds the feeling of intoxication extremely difficult to resist. She must make a TN 20 Willpower or Honor roll in order to avoid the temptation when it arises.

Jealousy (2) - She is experiencing extremely mixed feelings over a bold Unicorn, one Moto Rais, that have ultimately resulted in a confused state of jealousy. She tries her best to make everything a competition, and show him up at every turn.

Low Pain Threshold (5) - As both an irreproachable prodigy and an archer, Hana has taken to the Tsuruchi philosophy "Never let the blade reach you" a bit more than most and as a result has never quite earned an appropriate appreciation for pain, raising the TN penalties imposed by wounds by 5.

TECHNIQUES, SPELLS, KATA, KIHO, SHADOWLANDS POWERS
School Techniques
Never Let the Blade Reach You - At the start of combat she may roll and keep additional dice on initiative equal to school rank. If she chooses not to do so, she gains the same number in free raises each round that can only be used to make additional attacks with her bow. She also adds her Air ring to TNtbH and doubles this bonus vs. ranged attacks.

The Sting of The Wasp - She may make an additional attack per round when using a bow, and when she Raises to make an additional (3rd) attack, she may make it against a different opponent, rolling against the higher TN between the two.

EQUIPMENT/CURRENCY
Ashigaru Armor
Fine Quality Kimono (Emerald Green lined with Black and accented by small Gold flower petals)
Kyugi & Sandals (Loose Yellow Kimono-like Shirt + Black Hakama, 4 bu)
Wide-Brimmed Straw Hat (1 zeni)
Traveling Cloak
Traveling Pack
- Boyer's Kit, Finger of Jade, Metal Lantern, Small Tent, Personal Chop, Pillow Book: Hitchiker's Guide to Akodo's Leadership, Small Folding Stool, Fine Quality Blanket (2 koku), Brazier (1 bu), Flint & Steel (1 zeni), Portable Go Set (1 bu), 50' of Average Rope (2 koku, 50 zeni)
Furoshiki Sack (1 zeni)
- Bottle of Sake x5 (1 koku), Bottle of Shochu x2 (4 bu), Ivory Chopsticks (1 zeni), Dice & Dice Cup (25 zeni), Kiseru (3 zeni), Lantern Oil Flask x10 (30 zeni), Sake Cup (1 bu), Small Bottle of Ground Cumin x3 (3 bu), Travel Rations x13 (3 bu, 5 zeni)
Quiver (1 bu)
- 20 Willow Leaf Arrows (DR 2k2, 4 koku)
- 20 Flesh Cutter Arrows (DR 2k3, armor provides double TNtbH, range decrease by half)
Quiver (1 bu)
- 20 Willow Leaf Arrows (DR 2k2, 4 koku)
- 20 Flesh Cutter Arrows (DR 2k3, armor provides double TNtbH, range decrease by half)
Quiver (1 bu)
- 40 Armor Piercer Arrows (DR 1k2, ignore half (rounded up) armor bonus to TNtbH)
- 10 Rope Cutter Arrows (DR 1k1, 2 free raises on called shots vs. inanimate objects, range decrease by half)
- 10 Humming Bulb Arrows (DR 0k1, produces a loud whistling noise)
Coin Purse (3 zeni)
- 3 Koku

COMBAT
Weapons
Tsuruchi Longbow - 9k4+5 - Strengh 5, Min 3, Range 400' - Average - +2k0 DR, +10 TN from horseback, range penalties reduced by 10
Wakizashi - 2k2 - 6k2 - Average - No Penalty for wielding in off-hand, but attack penalty remains; Unskilled, may not spend void points
Tanto - K: 2k2, Th: 4k4 - 5k1 - Average - Gain a free raise when using Sleight of Hand to conceal; Unskilled

Armor
TN To Be Hit = 32 {(4Ref x 5) + 3 Armor + (3Def x 2) + 3 Air Ring}
Other Modifiers = +3 (x2 Air) vs. Ranged Attacks

Initiative
6k4 (+2k2 if choice)

Wounds
HEALTHY (+0): 0/4
NICKED (+8 ): 0/4
GRAZED (+10): 0/4
HURT (+15): 0/4
INJURED (+20): 0/4
CRIPPLED (+25): 0/4
DOWN (+45): 0/4
OUT (+N/A): 0/10

DESCRIPTION
{Insert physical/personality description here}

BACKGROUND
{Insert your personal history here}  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:51 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Rain Yupa

Ronin Types:
If my character never officially became part of a family, does he still get the family bonus?
And do I need to get the ranks in the Clan skills, then?

Social Disadvantage:
I checked my book and it says Glory. x.e;;

I should have 48 points worth of Rings, for starters.
Does No-Dachi count as a second Emphasis or a first, since Katana was free?

As per page 88, True Ronin may have no Family Name. Characters without a Family Name bonus gain 8 additional character points. If your Rank 1 was Ronin, you don't need to worry about "clan skills"; only Ronin things count for you.

And whoops, yes. Glory. I think I'm mixing editions again.

No-Dachi is your second emphasis, and worth 4 points.

EDIT - Aha! Page 198. Ronin gain no status, not even 0. They have Status "N/A". Congratulations, Ms. Terei: Crap rolls down hill, and guess who's at the bottom?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:14 am
Eta rain but that's only because they can't fight back.

As a side note is there a way to increase our status?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:08 pm
Rain Yupa
As per page 88, True Ronin may have no Family Name. Characters without a Family Name bonus gain 8 additional character points. If your Rank 1 was Ronin, you don't need to worry about "clan skills"; only Ronin things count for you.

EDIT - Aha! Page 198. Ronin gain no status, not even 0. They have Status "N/A". Congratulations, Ms. Terei: Crap rolls down hill, and guess who's at the bottom?

=u=;; Alright, then.... Rain deciding to go around confusing me.

So, I would be 2 points over, then?  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:01 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Rain Yupa

=u=;; Alright, then.... Rain deciding to go around confusing me.

So, I would be 2 points over, then?

I have you at 123. 36 for traits, 44 for class skills, 8 for emphases, 33 for other skills, 10 for advantages, -8 for disadvantages.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff