Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:55 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia blushed at the compliment but knew the woman was being gracious over it. Cynthia knew she could never compare to a succubus in beauty. It simply wasn't possible.

She let the woman pour the tea for them both and gave a soft laugh at the offer, "Thank you for that as well. There was a time when I was very adventurous. I even loved a succubus for a time. Until she wound up swept off her feet by another demon," she frowned in thought, "Or was that one the elf?" she asked herself, trying to remember which succubus that had been without realizing that she was implying that she'd actually been lovers with more than one succubus at different times.

Sometimes the years just seemed to blend together, after a time. She considered talking to the woman about the pregnancy but hesitated, not really sure how to even bring that one up without sounding like an idiot. Or worse, a flighty female with nothing but air in her head...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:36 pm
Alavina chuckled.

"Adventurous indeed! I never would have thought you would like batting for both teams my lady. It is a shame I didn't know you back then....then we could have been adventurous together."

She winked at her as she offered her a sugar cube for tea.

"Though if you don't mind me saying, I don't think you should let the king know. That man is full of...rompy ideas which can turn into lusty dreams and frankly, since he is a taken man, I do not think you will like other succubus's feeding on his lustful dreams."

She took a sip of tea from the small dainty cup.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:57 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia accepted the sugar and stirred her cup a bit, "You have no idea the things he's already tried to ask me to do and failed. I'm just glad he finally got past his jealousy of my time with Hal. I don't know what changed Lareth's attitude, but I'm glad for it. He's a dear friend and one I will be sad to watch leave when the time comes. I've watched alot of friends pass over my life... It's never easy, but..." she shook her head and took a sip of the tea.

"I'm sorry. I'm getting morbid. I should stop doing that," she apologized softly, her other hand straying to her belly again as she considered alot of things she should likely change now.

Well, if she could continue the pregnancy... losing one wasn't a good track record for her at this point...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:10 pm
The succubus smiled. So this was the one Hal spoke so highly of. The demon had spoken of a woman long ago he had met and had loved but due to her being ageless, they parted ways.

She always enjoyed seeing Hal light up when he did talk about his younger days and how this one woman brightened his days and made him into a true man.

"Yes, Hal will be missed greatly by many here once he goes, but we all understand he has earned his time to sleep."

The succubus kept silent about her feelings for the older demon. She loved him as much as she could but only up to a point because he had told her to not be attached considering that his heart had long been given to another and like many of her kind, love was merely a concept that was fickle as they had multiple partners. It stung, but he had been right.

It was an honor to have him help her conceive in a most unusual way as usually there was a long complicated process when one wanted a child....but somehow, through the dreamscape, Hal had impregnated her.

Alavina saw Cynthia's hand movement and smiled knowingly.

"Will my lady be having one or two children?"  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:28 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia looked up at the question and hesitated a moment. But she had to talk to someone...

"I don't know yet... Too soon to tell, I guess. I found out about the miscarriage then put a few things together and checked with a little energy... I'm still in a bit of shock, I think... I never expected to..." she started off alright but faded at the end when she kind of wilted a bit, proving that she was more than a little nervous about the whole thing.

And she was scared to death too. She was still under a death sentence, after all, and only Lareth's mistress. So much to worry about, to think about... She knew Lareth was happy, at least, he'd sounded happy.

"It's a bit much... I think that's safe to say..." she finally added with a small nod then finished the tea and stared into the cup for a moment, looking as lost as she felt.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:42 pm
"You never expected to have a child?" She finished the half said statement.
She felt like laughing but the woman before he looked so lost....almost on the verge of tears.

"Well Babies are not so hard to care for. They are fussy for sure, but there is not much too it. Besides, you will get used to it. Sure your sick for a time, but it goes away and then the cravings start....thats when you should be worried. You will crave for odd things that would normally make you queasy."  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:26 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia gave a small nod, "That's what clued me in this time. Once I put it together. Last time, I couldn't eat fruit. It always mad sick. Then I was sick this morning but I have no idea what caused it. Well, other than the obvious. And I've been craving fruit this time. And..." she actually blushes slightly over this one, knowing it was going to sound ridiculous.

"And those fried fruits and vegetables they make in the kitchen around harvest... With that frozen fruit sauce... With a hot cup of coffee that's sweetened and creamy...." she admitted it, then looked down at her cup again.

"Until Lareth, I have never been pregnant. I've held plenty of babies, changed plenty of nappies, and wiped more than one nose. That stuff is no problem. I've just never been pregnant before... Well, when I could realize I was pregnant..." she closed her eyes and put a hand to her head with a heavy sigh, knowing she was beginning to whine a bit.

"I have no idea what to do... I'm only his mistress. Yes, he seemed excited when I figured it out and let him feel them. But I'm also under a death sentence. I have no idea what's going to happen with me in the next few days, much less try to figure out a pregnancy..." she finally let that much all out, finally told someone the worst of what had been going through her head, and why she was such a basket case...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:02 am
Ost's cry sang out from the castle exterior. The cry was piercing, a high resonance that went on and on and on, passing through stone and steel and flesh. It broke nothing. But crystal, glass, and metal objects resonated with it long after it ceased. The stones themselves seemed to vibrate with the frequency of it. The cry was no mere beast's call. It was a part of his magic stretching the normal wards a little tighter, any breach would snap them in a way that would alert all in the castle at once. There should be no more sneaking in. It also spoke for him to the hearts of those who knew him personally, especially from his youth. He was back. He was sorry. He would tear reality apart if he had to, to destroy those responsible. He would be patient. He would obey. He sang in the cry a note for each lost life, knowing well that only a few trustworthy people could understand. It was the first time anyone in the castle had actually heard him sing anything but assault shrieks. His voice was agonizingly beautiful, even when filled with pain and rage.  

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:31 pm
No wonder the woman was worried. She was still under a death sentence and the jitters or becoming a new mother had shaken the woman. How could one be a mother or expect to hold their child, if they also thought they would die?

"I am sure the king has a plan to lift your death sentence. Besides...are there not time limits to punishments? Humans call it statue of limitation? I can't remember....my meal the other day, told me he was a lawyer and just would not stop talking about rules as I fed."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:57 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia felt the resonance move through the room and gave a small frown over it, knowing Hal had to have told Ost about the miscarriage. True, the hybrid could be trusted with it, but did everyone in the realm have to know about it?

She returned to the conversation, saying nothing when the teacups shook slightly with Ost's song, "No limitation on this one. Lareth's father saw to that one. My only reprieve right now is from Lareth claiming me as his mistress, a law much older than my death sentence. But once he decides to set me aside, he'll have to carry out the sentence, no matter what," she said with a small shrug of one shoulder.

The royal death sentences were the only ones that one could escape with a royal pardon, but those were rarely given out. While she knew Lareth was happy about the pregnancy, she still had no idea how he felt about her beyond wanting to keep her as his mistress forever.

Of course, once the words started coming out, she explained everything on that one. And, in the process, showed that she thought her position was only going to be that of mistress. After all, Lareth had made his views on his potential marriage very clear to everyone in the realm: only when he absolutely had to and not a moment before...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:14 pm
Oh how the king had dug himself a hole.
No wonder poor Hal was fretting over these two.

On the one hand, Cynthia worried about the fact that Lareth made no inclination to make her more than a mistress and that anytime she could be tossed aside when he fancied someone new. Stress which was not good for the mother of your child....

Then there was Lareth who was quite happy with Cynthia, but yet did nothing or hadn't done anything to alleviate his mistress's fears or lift her death sentence.

Such drama....

Well she could only sit back and watch, but it was a bit odd that Lareth hadn't done anything for his lover yet.

"I think things have changed now....you may be under a death sentence, but you also carry the king's future line within you....I think an exception should be made in your case."

Lareth walked into the room and looked at them both.

"Alavina...I need you to help Hal. Something has come up and we only have until tomorrow to get this place ready. Don't ask questions and help as much as you can."

The succubus bowed her horned head and kissed Cynthia's forehead.

"Do not fret my lady. Too much worry and stress is not good for you right now."

Then Alavina left leaving Lareth and Cynthia alone.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:04 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia looked up at Lareth and frowned when she picked up on something about his expression, "What's happened, Lareth? I felt Ost's song..." she told him softly and set her cup down, taking some comfort in Alavina's words for now.

She stood and crossed to put her arms around him, hoping she could help him somehow but not sure what to do to help him this time...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:10 pm
"Ah yes....Ost has returned but later than what I wanted. Apparently he never received my summons to come back home."

Lareth could hear the song and shook his head.

"I am going to punish him more if he doesn't stop the mournful crying/singing. I told him to eat and rest...not sing his regret."

Lareth was bristling as so much had happened and he was about to receive his barons starting tomorrow. He had hoped they would still be a few more days and give him enough time to replace half the staff he incinerated.

As Cynthia crossed to him, he ended up pulling her tightly against him. He said nothing as he simply held her.

There was so much going on in his head and as he was making his way up here, he had stopped as two thoughts hit him hard....'what if they refuse her pardon?' 'What if she says no, to my proposal?'

There was much to do after all of that....there was the issue of getting the Soul Harvester.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:23 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia shook her head slightly but went into his tight hold passively, hoping it would help him in some way, "Ost simply cares about his duties to you, Lareth... He's still very young, despite his age," she said softly, "If you'd seen the condition he was in when he made it back here... He was almost beyond even my powers to heal," she added as she laid her head against his chest.

The song's echo finally ended and she relaxed into his arms even more as she closed her eyes to the sound of his heartbeat, "What can I do to help you?" she asked him softly, wanting to do something to help him in some way.

She hated feeling helpless, but hated not being able to help him even more. She knew how hard he worked and knew there was really nothing she could do to help him with his duties as king. But she was a powerful sorceress and wanted him to know that her abilities were at his disposal to help in any way she could...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:50 pm
"Yes he told me of his injuries....that still doesn't excuse him to cry to the castle about how late he is...."

Lareth sighed as he shouldn't have been so angry with Ost as none of what had transpired was his fault....and Lareth had no one to blame but himself. He hated when he couldn't do things right...

As she asked about what she could do he kissed the top of her head.

"Sadly nothing for me at this time. I suggest you get rest soon and prepare for tomorrow...."

He moved away some and took her hands in his own.

"Cynthia.....the Barons of this realm are gathering here. We will be meeting about you."  
Demon Realm

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff