Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[SWSE] Dawn of Defiance <OoC> {Not accepting} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:09 am
Wrasynth Ksyamen
Honestly I'd do what the movies do. Maybe not everyone speaks basic but they can understand it. Unless the RP is going to be centered in some way cultural exchange and misunderstanding? I think nixing the language barrier to some degree will improve the pacing of the game.

It will also help incorporate the party as a whole rather than have smaller factions of players that can understand each other.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:16 pm
Seph Baelzara
I actually looked it up:
Quote:
"... Most characters can speak Basic, and all characters can understand it even if they can't speak it.
Some species (Gamorreans and Wookies, for example) are incapable of speaking any language other than their native tongue, but they can learn to read and write other languages just fine."

-Core pg. 22

I thought I already addressed the "speaking basic" question last page?
Or am I misreading something?

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:27 pm
Ah, ok. n/m then.

*Edit*

/derp  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:14 pm
Must say, I'm enjoying the group's interaction quite a lot!
Also, I'm just waiting for the go-ahead for the next area.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:48 pm
To make things go a bit faster here are the defenses:
Troopers:
Ref: 19
Fort: 19
Will: 16

Droid:
Ref: 18
Fort: 12
Will: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:52 am
Mongooseh
(Yeah because droids need light to see... Surprisingly enough most of the party needs light to see also... So yeah well done there.)

Do the droids actually have low light vision? (It's like saying all cameras have night vision.*EDIT* I actually looked this up. Under standard droid traits night vision is not a trait.) Disabling the trooper night vision is as easy as taking their helms off; then placing them backwards on the droids. The (the other can all ready see in darkness just fine.) wookie force users in the party can UTF to ignore the darkness effects too. I did nuke a droid for 53 damage. Which means once he gets up he's in melee range of the wookie. After that I presume there is only one unblinded droid; /If/ no one else really does anything (The utf actions required to do this are in fact two move actions. From one or two separate players.). Also if the rest of the party starts flashing lights into the night vision of the troopers and droids as they adjust? They get blinded again (Have you seen night vision getting blasted with random direct light? It sucks.) It also eats up actions as well. We seriously have the advantage in this situation. I will also /TELL/ you that under these circumstances we /NEED/ a solid advantage like this. We're not facing level one challenges with defensive values like that. Also after talking to Seph 53 damage does not kill that droid.

Regardless of the potential yield this actually has? I don't expect you to agree with every tactical decision but the post you made came off as a shitty, sarcastic, and mostly a cheap snipe. I'm pretty sure you intended this, if not you should really stop doing that, please. I don't want us to have camp fire sing along circle jerk, but don't be an a** hole. I'd rather we have more ooc in the ooc as well. Also returning the light is a simple utf j random object to hit the door button again...  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:55 am
I'll just let the jedi do all the work then.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:32 am
Mongooseh
I'll just let the jedi do all the work then.

So because I explained the tactical advantages behind blinding the enemies and calling you out on sniping? You're going to act like that? Frankly I'm ok with this. The inherent social consequences of the actions are apparent. I might distance my self a little bit more by being an a** hole like this; but my policy on tolerating ******** of this variety is not. I'm ok with standing by that. However blowing the rest of the party off over with your petty hissy fit? Really? Good luck with that.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:40 am
I don't actually see much of a problem here. And ********? I'm not ******** about. I am pointing out how you have just put 6 party members at a disadvantage also by turning the lights out before anyone could do anything.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:02 am
There is still plenty that can be done.

Only the troopers can see unless the droids have night vision. (As stated previously it is not an inherent quality.)

The helmets can be turned pretty quickly into a disadvantage. (Two move actions.)

They're clustered together enough that you could easily abuse any AoE effects with grenades or automatic fire.

You can flash lights into their faces as a move action (Which will blind them from any recourse dealing with the lack of light.). Everyone should have utility belts so they should have light sources. The other two force users need to hit a DC 15 to ignore cover. Which is only a swift action.

This also gives us a huge benefits defensively speaking. As we're most likely about to eat four auto attacks. If those attacks hit? It's a very shitty deal. 3d8+x. Giving us cover via darkness means if those auto attacks miss we take no damage. Which keeps the party trucking, which tactically in my eyes with out cover eating four auto attacks miss or hit has a potential for eating the majority of our party.

As mentioned previously, if everyone is opposed to having cover vs four auto attacks from four higher level targets? It's a move action to return the light.

Also most importantly? Because we're all acting on the same initiative all actions resolve at the same time.

Regardless only now are you actually acting mature and voicing your opinion. To deny that at this point is illustrating your point as petty and childish. You're also very clearly uninformed, in the future I'd suggest asking "why?" first. Possibly even "Help me understand this?"; or "Por que?". I'm not saying that your not knowing is a bad thing, I encourage the mature questioning, debating, and inevitably understanding; for one side or the other, most likely both. This isn't intended as arrogant as I imagine it to sound. For that I do vehemently apologize.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:05 am
Fine. I am sorry also but I just have this huge feeling that the large amount of force usage is stealing all the action.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:23 am
Mongooseh
Fine. I am sorry also but I just have this huge feeling that the large amount of force usage is stealing all the action.

Wait till we run into clever stuff like militia wielding sonic guns (auto attacks that only scouts can avoid.); Or the inevitable force hunters who are massively resistant to force; Or grenade launches; Or when the soldier gets a blaster cannon?; I saw a bounty hunter type that could drop someone by four status levels.

However in defense of the force users; so far? Has been one and some change rounds of combat. I agree that force users can look over powered but there are things you can do. Soldiers turn into brick s**t houses of anger. Scouts can drop single targets like you would never expect. The goofy noble class ends up having a frightening amount of support, once they go ganster? The scoundrel; need I say any more about the scoundrel? All the other classes are just as viable and vicious in their own way. Just for right now? Yes we've been flashy spamming force powers which /is/ going to bite us in the a**; hard. I however have burned two force points and destiny point. I /need/ to level up soon. Force points and destiny points are kind of needed for the sorts of fights it seems we're spoiling for. Once I'm out of force points it might get awkward fast.

Also I'm sorry for being an a** hole.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:27 am
I feel similar to Mongooseh. Because A: We got no AoE weapons like weapons capable of autofire or grenades. And the room is so small, we'd be risking hurting our own teammates with autofire and grenades. B: None of us have lowlight vision or darkvision. Only Force uses- all 2 of you- can negate this with using an UtF check, which you can miss. C: The stormtroopers DO have advantages in darkness. Even if we flash their faces with flashlights, who's to say that will help any? Why didn't you force push some of the droids out of the room THEN sealed the door? Sticking us with a few threats might've been better than putting us in the darkness with 6 possibly lethal threats.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:48 pm
Quote:
None of us have lowlight vision or darkvision

Jawas can see in the dark.
Just thought I'd say this.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:10 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
I feel similar to Mongooseh. Because A: We got no AoE weapons like weapons capable of autofire or grenades. And the room is so small, we'd be risking hurting our own teammates with autofire and grenades. B: None of us have lowlight vision or darkvision. Only Force uses- all 2 of you- can negate this with using an UtF check, which you can miss. C: The stormtroopers DO have advantages in darkness. Even if we flash their faces with flashlights, who's to say that will help any? Why didn't you force push some of the droids out of the room THEN sealed the door? Sticking us with a few threats might've been better than putting us in the darkness with 6 possibly lethal threats.

I wont lie I'm a little annoyed by this as it seems like you're ignoring a myriad of answers all ready produced.

A: Yes, yes you do. You can by the rules totally do this safely. There is enough room.

B: All 3 of us. We have a greater than 50% chance of pulling this off as a swift action. The basic proficiency with utf is +5, the DC is 15.

C: The troopers have the advantage with their helmets. Two move actions to remove those with the UTF skill. Otherwise I'm not sure if the jawa and ewok have night vision; NikNik has opted to avoid combat. Regardless only 3* (*edit Jawas can see in the dark.*) players are fighting in the same conditions as the enemy.

Keep in mind I'm not espousing this to be a good option but merely our best. A full round of going toe to toe with this force means some of us are going to die. I have some of the stats in my head and I'm telling you our options are few and far between. All of them are shitty. Those vibroaxes are two handed with atleast a str bonus of 14+2=4=2d10+4+x where x is equal to 1/2 their heroic class levels. Which means on average they're hitting for 15 damage (5.5 is the average for a d10.) The four bursts of auto fire is 3d8+x where the value of x has all ready been established. 3d8=4.5x3=13-14dmg.

So in closing? We're looking at 14x3(I figure one will miss perhaps.)=42x3-4(across 3 to 4 players) + damage+15x2= 156 dmg. We've collectively as a party 188ish unless my math is off violently. 130ish 180ish/188 per round average damage means we're ********= 32
Talyn=29
Xylee=19
Mir=18
Garne=26
Jaboo=32
Lorn=32

I've done the math. Our only option is to try and negate as much of that as humanly possible. This gives us more options than to party wipe in 2-4 rounds.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff