Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ending The War, It Begins [SWSE] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:41 pm
Dion Necurat
I propose a compromise. We'll finish this track Anatarei is on while you, razor, play his character. Then, we'll pick up where you wanted to take us.

It doesn't make a lot of sense when I explain like this, but it should work out fine.

DoS knows me pretty well from IRL games - I tend to aim for overarching stories, with seeds worked in early, so my general ideas for this mission were meant to build towards an ongoing campaign. And, not to reveal too much, I had intended on a few narrative licenses with DFKT that would have removed him from play sooner rather than later. I see no reason for a GMPC, so I was working to fix that.

I get the general impression that you're fine with Raozspaz taking the reins again. If that's how we should go about it, fair enough. It's not like I couldn't just start my own game, but it wasn't by my suggestion that we replaced the original GM in the first place.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:46 pm
To put it simply, I'm content with whatever everyone agrees with. So long as I get to play, that's all that matters.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Emerald the Crow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:03 pm
Well, another option would be to split the game into two "parallel worlds" games. We carry over characters into two separate threads, with Anatarei continuing his run while Raozspaz continues his. Or R could restart, since it hadn't gotten far enough for all PCs to even meet before his absence - it wouldn't necessarily be that hard to relaunch that, would it?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:30 pm
What might be an easier solution is to just have Razo and Anatarei co-lead the game.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:24 pm
I'll be straight up here... I don't see the benefit to a co-leader for a Pbp game. Having one IRL may benefit when you have a large party to keep track of, but in a play by post, it's not hard to juggle everything. I just don't get it.

We should figure out what we're doing with this - Raozspaz's reappearance has only lead to the game being delayed/derailed again. Whether he continues it or I do, I hate the idea that it could be dead just because of this.

Here's how I see it:

The game was started by Raozspaz. It had a few posts to it, with the party having not even fully formed when he left without explanation. His reasons were valid, but it still left the game dead in the water. After waiting for several weeks, we finally decided that we all wanted the game to continue, and threw around the idea of someone else taking over.

I volunteered to do so, since I was interested in seeing it continue, and I wasn't as enthralled with DFKT as I suspect everyone else was for their characters. My time in the game got the party to the first game location, where you might even be about to go inside and actually get into the action. Then the original GM returned and suggested he just take back over after a two month hiatus.

The general sentiment that we should hand it back over basically boils down to "he was the one who started it," which is a valid point, but he wasn't the one who continued it. If we would like to handwave in an additional PC that he wants to run, that's fine, though I'd like it done soon so that we can continue moving forward. If we'd like him to take over, that's fine too, though I'd like that to be soon so that I can move on. If we want to just continue as we've been going, and Raozspaz can create a new game, that's fine, too, or if people would prefer that I start a recruitment thread... well, either way.

I volunteered to run the game that people wanted to continue, and I'm kind of frustrated with the current turn of events, as it makes me feel like I might as well not have bothered. But, had I not done so, there wouldn't even be a game for Raozspaz to try and return to - it would have died the same way every other thread in this guild dies, buried beneath old posts and likely without any remaining player interest.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:50 am
I'd like to get back to the game myself. I'm cool with Anatarei continuing on as GM. The forum's big enough for new games to start up if Raozspaz wants to start another game. He could even use the same basic set-up - the games probably won't look much alike. And I'm fine with hand waving him in as another PC if he'd like.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:08 am
Again, I don't care how the game continues, provided it continues. I'm giving it one more day; if nothing is resolved by then, Razo will fill my character spot.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:47 pm
Emerald the Crow
"Well, we should probably get moving. Hacking our way in via that data pad would probably be better than just blowing it up, right. How's about I get to that while you work the charges on those fuel storage units, Tiberius? Everyone else, get ready to bust in. And I'll see if I can't figure out this Jedi thing that you're sensing, Ayan-dar." Knives got up from her chair, rummaged through her belongings, and drew out a computer unit and a blaster. She headed out the exit, looking for any movement as she moved across the platform, grateful for the lighter gravity easing up her load. Dashing over to the data pad, she started synching her computer with it, trying to get technical readouts of the facility while she tried to crack the access code.

{Use Computer, result was 20}

Knives's computer hacks into the basic firewall of the facility with great skill, though there are clearly some more difficult areas. The facility is designed in a standard radial pattern, with power generators located closer to the center of the building for ease of energy transference - a standard design grid. There are two large testing areas, as well as a large hangar on the south eastern edge of the facility, clear across from where you're located.

{I guess I should just resume the game for the moment, or else we're going to have Dion quitting.}  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Lord of the Vine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:18 pm
(The-he-heere we go. mrgreen See? Threats of leaving ALWAYS work! xp )

Tiberius went over the the fuel containers, and began searching for a structural weakpoint.

(I'd assume its a mechanics (demolitions) check to set the detonite.)

EDIT: (At a +14, that makes 28.)  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:02 am
User ImageDakine leapt from the transport, her body tense and ready for an ambush or other attack. That Knives had already run across the open field astonished her, but the girl didn't seem to think ahead too much. She drew a carbine blaster rifle from her kit, keeping it at the ready. Her lightsaber dangled at her belt, but range could really keep you alive at times, and she saw no reason not to use a blaster if she could. She wondered what prudish Ayan-Dar might think about it.

{Going to Use the Force for Perception to see if I notice any movement or anything else... +15 = 35!.}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Dallas Moonrain rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:05 pm
Ayan-Dar has his lightsaber drawn but not really at the ready--truth be told, he carries it more because it is proper for a Jedi to do so than because he really wants to. He's not very good with it.

He gapes a moment at Dakine's blaster, his jaw falling briefly open before he snaps it quickly shut. A Jedi with a blaster? How completely inappropriate, but now is not the time to discuss it. He'll be sure to bring it up later though....

He shadows Dakine as she crosses the platform, keeping his senses alert.

{yeah, force perception sounds like a good plan...+15 for me too.}  
jennibert rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:28 pm
Cole takes a moment to properly shut down the ship. After all, they might need it again to get off planet, so might as well make sure it's in good shape. He lets the others get out before him, checking to make extra sure everything is in order before drawing his blaster rifle and following his teammates.

Despite being the last off the ship, Cole catches up quickly, and even overtakes his comrades, his long legs eating up more ground than might otherwise be expected. He fades to the side and seems to almost fade away as he does so.

{Stealth at +10. He'll also make a perception check at +7}  

jennibert

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:31 pm
Despite the silence in the courtyard, Dakine's ties to the Force cause her to look up along one of the facility's exterior wall units, where she narrowly catches a glimpse of moment, as if someone or something was watching and had ducked out of sight.

Tiberius tinkers with his detonite, laying a foundation of explosives sure to make another crater in this small moon. {Are you setting it with a timer, or a command explosion? Or both?}  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:03 pm
(Command explosion. Basically, I press the button, and it goes boom (for 9d6 in damage, WOO demolitionist!) when and only when we are a safe distance from the blast.)

"Right, then...some o' that 'ere...aaaand...done!" Tiberius wiped his brow. Laying the detonite always made him excited. (-1 detonite in inventory) Tiberius pulled out "The Boom Stick" (aka, his blaster cannon), anticipating an attack at any moment.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:32 am
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
Despite the silence in the courtyard, Dakine's ties to the Force cause her to look up along one of the facility's exterior wall units, where she narrowly catches a glimpse of moment, as if someone or something was watching and had ducked out of sight.

{I'm assuming you meant movement. wink }
User ImageDakine tensed, swinging her blaster to train it along the building. "We have company. I just saw something moving up there." She pointed with her carbine. "We may have tripped an alarm or something."  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff