Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PF] No Return Ch. 1: The Flight of The Lady (Start.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is our Most Valuable Roleplayer
  1.) Cley Pureholm-- The Paladin dishing out all the damage.
  2.) Justice Blackwell-- The Monk/ranger who is taking on the other side of the battlefield.
  3.) Tehila-- The Bard who is motivating us all and gave the Pally a weapon!
  4.) James-- The Sorcerer pin cushion!
  5.) Hur' Oc-- The Fighter who isn't fighting, but hark he bears the gift of weapons retrieval!
  6.) Lad Sherlock -- The Paladin/Sorcerer pin cushion who took out one opponent in about the goriest way possible.
  7.) Ziya-- The Druid pin cushion who is casting spells and keeping the client safe from beneath a table!
  8.) The DM-- Who is sending wave after wave of enemy at you and making your characters life miserable!
  9.) The Fat Spellcaster guy from earlier who disappeared-- He's important don't forget him.
  10.) The innocent onlooker who is stalking this thread and only voting in this poll for the gold.
View Results

Laelless

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:54 pm
James raised an eyebrow to the announcers rather rude introduction, but let it slide. He then turned his attention to the count. He had a smile on, but his eyes were a little concerned. "What are we up against? It seems like your EXPECTING a fight." The sorcerer spoke in soft tones, but he couldn't quite mask ALL of his aggravation.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:17 pm
Laelless
James raised an eyebrow to the announcers rather rude introduction, but let it slide. He then turned his attention to the count. He had a smile on, but his eyes were a little concerned. "What are we up against? It seems like your EXPECTING a fight." The sorcerer spoke in soft tones, but he couldn't quite mask ALL of his aggravation.

"Aye. There are a lot of rich folk on this flight, as well as those two boxes in the cargo hold. God only knows what kind of ruffians that attracts. Those soldiers are acting a little rough, and I swear I heard somebody banging on the walls of the room next to me, but their door was locked and they fell silent as I arrived to unpack. I'm more concerned about my wyrmling. He was sitting atop my dresser when they came and took me."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Laelless

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:42 pm
The half-elf raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Are they looking for this wyrm? Or is this purely coincidence?" Taelka didn't really like this, but who was he to complain? He was getting coin, and he knew danger would probably be involved. But still... This man had asked for an orc, a paladin, and many different magic users to guard him on this ship. Either he was more paranoid then he should be, or James was right in suspecting things would get violent soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:59 pm
User ImageCley takes in the very impolite Staff Sergeant's spiel with mild bemusement. He was a grating person, and the whole idea that women would have to leave a bathroom door open for some reason... well, it just mystified her. She smiled politely when Drago arrived and stood to greet him. "I'm glad that you're here, sir. I'm sorry that it took me so long to arrive before, and was unable to make your acquaintance better before the airship had to be boarded. My name is Cley Pureholm." She reaches out her hand to shake before realizing that Drago appeared to be blind. "Sir, if I may ask - you appear to be blind, yet you know where your dragon was. Do you have some magical perception? Or are you merely pretending to be blind? And why, exactly, do you feel that you'll really need so many people here to protect you?"  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

jennibert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:01 pm
Lad rose to his feet as he saw his employer being dragged in, ready to jump in to defend him, but restrained himself when Count Drago waved. He remained on his feet as the Count approached--after all, that's what the servants had always done in his childhood--and only settled back into his seat after the Count sat.

He watches the guards on the doors during the speech, a little unnerved by the restrictions. I don't think I like this. He watches one of the guards as he shuffles nervously and then is taken to the side by a burly man. He keeps a close eye on what's going on there while he listens to the conversation around him.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:22 pm
Drago began to laughed, nearly rocking out of his chair. "Ohohohohohoho. Ah kids these days. I am but a rich man, I'm frivolous. I could have hired one or two bodyguards, but that would be meaningless if they were overpowered. No no, what you are truly guarding is my cargo. I may be blind, but when one sense fades, the others grow stronger. For instance, the large fellow over there," He pointed at Hur' Oc, "He smells of sweat. His body odor may go unnoticed by many, but I could pick him out from half way across the room, hence how I found you, seeing as he was the first to meet me the scent stuck. Not to fond of the weather here Hurric?" His faced scrunched up, "Horr' ec. Har hick .... don't tell me ... ummm. Hur' Ox!" He began to mumble, "Still doesn't sound right. It may take me a bit to learn your names, I'm getting up there in my years and I am rather rusty in the old noggin. Hur' ... Oc? Hur' Oc right? And your Claire Purehelmet." He pointed to Cley. "And the rest of you are . .. ... Um. there was a Z one ... and one of you was named Kid, or was it Boy." He mumbled again. "Why don't we start over. I am Count Marcus Drago. Cultural and Religious advisor to his majesty Gabriel and professional dragon tamer. It is a pleasure to meet you all." [/b] He stared around the table with a dopey smile before saying, "And its times like this that I wish I could see some facial expressions."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
Dallas Moonrain rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:28 pm
"Good day, Count. I'm Justice Blackwell, archer and tracker. And, for what it's worth, at the moment I'm giving you a friendly smile." Justice does as she says, though her eyes are casting about. She is none too impressed with the way the guards are acting. With all of these important people, you'd think they'd be polite instead of bitingly rude. It's not a good sign.

{A perception check seems like a good idea....+10}  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:39 pm
James couldn't help but muse heavily. He didn't know whether he liked or hated the old man. Either way, he was very entertaining. He said out loud to everyone at the table "My name is James Taelka Biorr. You all can just simply call me Tael, I like that a lot. I am a sorcerer, and damn good one, I like to fancy. I am half elven half man. I don't drink or mess around during missions, but I am pretty outgoing when not forced to work for anything. As long as you have my back, I have yours, friends." He gave a sly, but friendly smile, particularly to the female Paladin.  

Laelless

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:50 pm
A large man in fancy clothing walks up to the table. "Evening ladies and gents. I'm going to need to seem some tickets, and I''m going to need to inspect your weapons. We only allow decorative weapons on this flight." He looked over the group. "I'm going to need that great sword ma'am. (Cley) And your arrows. (Justice) Your arrows too ma'am, though the whip and rapier are just fine. (Tehila) I'm going to need the crossbow from the half-blood (James). That entire arsenal that your holding there sir. (Hur' Oc) And your sword too sir. (Ziya)" He just nods and smiles at James and the Count.

Count drago removes eight tickets from his trousers and says, "Their names aren't on them, but they are all with me."

((I'm letting people keep certain weapons, and they aren't going far.

If you refuse though, you guys will look like the bad guys.

Perception (x2) checks all around. And he does not detect evil, though about half the guards do.  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 4 20-sided dice: 7, 16, 13, 5 Total: 41 (4-80)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:14 am
User ImageCley smiles politely at the man. "I'm not going to give you anything until you tell me where you're taking them. As I am a knight, it would be terribly unbecoming of me to be without a blade. I notice that you're letting some stand with their lighter blades. Do you really believe that they aren't as lethal? Would it help if I was to assure you that the sword is entirely decorative?"

{4 d20 rolls. The first two are perception, as called for {+1 bonus), the third is a diplomacy roll (+11) and the last is a bluff roll (+3). After all, without a weapon, Cley's useless in a fight.}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 4 20-sided dice: 13, 16, 4, 11 Total: 44 (4-80)

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:03 am
User ImageTehila sort of smiles and quietly watches their gnome benefactor as he arrives. She didn't feel like playing with him, so she didn't have a whole lot to say. She nodded as he approached, figuring that he'd be able to pick the tiefling he'd hired out of the group at the table, assuming, of course, that he knew he'd hired a tiefling... When he obviously didn't know everyone's names, she figured she'd go ahead. "I'm Tehila of the Violet Note, sir. I suspect you hired me more for entertainment than defense."

As the burly waiter asked for everyone to turn over their weapons, Tehila chuckled. "So, let me get this straight - you don't trust us with pointy sticks, but you do trust us with pointy metal bits? I dunno... seems to me, you can't exactly take a weapon of mass destruction away from a wizard, so why take a sword away from a warrior?" She'd very much like to just charm this guy, but she figured there were too many people who might notice. "I can, actually, vouch that Cley-dear's sword is decorative. I stole her real one and hawked it some time ago." She smiles, a grin becoming of a Cheshire cat.

{Perception +9. +9, Bluff + 12, Sense Motive + 12. Jeez - I think the dice want Cley to be disarmed something awful, though at least I got a total of a 16 with the bluff. Much better than Cley, though not perfect.}  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:43 pm
He responded "No I dislike this weather very much." Hur' Oc sighed handing over his weapons. He'd thankfully donned his armor and his fists held plenty of weight with the gauntlets. He started handing over his weapons, he finally handed it over reluctantly. He sat down palming a steak knife away quickly after the waiter takes off.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:42 pm
Wrasynth Ksyamen
He responded "No I dislike this weather very much." Hur' Oc sighed handing over his weapons. He'd thankfully donned his armor and his fists held plenty of weight with the gauntlets. He started handing over his weapons, he finally handed it over reluctantly. He sat down palming a steak knife away quickly after the waiter takes off.

((still need 2 perception checks))  
jennibert rolled 2 20-sided dice: 11, 15 Total: 26 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:19 pm
Lad good-naturedly rolls his eyes as the Count gropes for his name, and smiles slightly. "It's Lad, sir," he supplies, his tone brisk but very polite. "Lad Sherlock, diplomat and sorcerer." He was about to continue when they were approached by the man who requested the weapons. He says nothing, not wanting to call attention to the fact that his rapier had not been requested. Though he's only tolerable with it in a fight, it helps him steady the spell casting that is his primary offense, and he would be loathe to lose it.

{And 2 perception checks, though he already made one. If that was okay for one of the two, just ignore the 2nd one here. +2}  

jennibert

Emerald the Crow rolled 2 20-sided dice: 15, 10 Total: 25 (2-40)

Emerald the Crow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:12 pm
Ziya sort of looked up at the Count when he threw out his initial. "That would be Ziya, Mr. Count sir..." he said, realizing that he wasn't sure about titles and how to address people. Maybe he'd just go with 'Drago' from now on...

When the waiter began demanding weapons from several of the crew, Ziya found it rather amusing. He had all his weapons where no one could see them, and if push came to shove, he'd have a half dozen claws available within moments. Still, it'd be best if there wasn't a confrontation aboard the ship. That could get out of hand quickly... "Waiter, could I get a glass of fresh water, please? With ice, if possible?" Might as well enjoy the luxury if he could have it. He suddenly realized that the waiter was still indicating that he needed to hand over his sword, and that he'd even forgotten he had one. He handed it over without any trouble.

{2 Perception rolls, +14 each.}  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces