Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(D&D Adapted 3e/3.5e) The Greatest Evil... (Running!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Drugged Lolli
Is there a reason we're not allowed to bring at least our cohorts with us? My character is rather physically weak, and part of the idea behind her cohorts was to protect her from being attacked directly. And while yes there are other "party" members, they're not loyal to her, and some may even be suspect of being evil.

I can understand leaving the weaker followers behind for their safety as well as to travel in a smaller, faster group, but adding four to the group isn't going to make that much of a difference on the party's ability to not draw attention. In addition, two of those cohorts are the majority of the party's healing ability and would probably be brought along as medics if nothing else.

I mainly wanted the fight to be more difficult, since fifteen on eleven makes it less difficult than with nine warriors, and the chapter winds up over way too quick. This would focus more on stealth than just waltzing in and beating up stuff If needed, I can balance everything out by having a few more peoples to fight for your cohorts...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:53 pm
and here I would have thought that the fight would drag on longer with more meat on the field  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:44 pm
Arc Vembris
and here I would have thought that the fight would drag on longer with more meat on the field

Well, since we only had fifteen people to start with, an overwhelming force from Disciple's followers would pretty much end the game before it even started. So, they're waiting outside the town. Meanwhile, our heroes are going in, half-Clint Eastwood, half-Solid Snake, and killing up some bad guys.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:15 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Arc Vembris

Well, since we only had fifteen people to start with, an overwhelming force from Disciple's followers would pretty much end the game before it even started. So, they're waiting outside the town. Meanwhile, our heroes are going in, half-Clint Eastwood, half-Solid Snake, and killing up some bad guys.

I guess I'll be waiting with the cohorts until after the party's finished off then. As a non-combat bard I'm not exactly useful without bardic music, which isn't exactly stealthy.

Drugged Lolli

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:25 pm
Drugged Lolli
Eternality_Cannon
Arc Vembris

I guess I'll be waiting with the cohorts until after the party's finished off then. As a non-combat bard I'm not exactly useful without bardic music, which isn't exactly stealthy.

Non-sense, We could use your Music as a distraction, or even better a second healer. You still have magic you can use. Don't miss count the power of a nicely timed spell.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:37 am
For what it's worth, Kimi and Chizue don't send their followers in to fight, for the most part. They're first level characters - a 10th level encounter would lead to their utter deaths, and Kimi and Chizue are good aligned.

My followers just travel with us, carrying stuff, doing the mundane things that a "samurai" and "miko" wouldn't do themselves. But Kimi and Chizue I certainly expected to fight alongside each other - that's why Chizue is a buff priest who focuses on making her Sanctuary as difficult to punch through as possible to avoid being attacked.

I certainly wasn't expecting that Chizue would have to wait outside like it was Final Fantasy or something. confused

Edit: And I'm not much for stealth anyway - I'm wearing full plate, after all. I'm going to make a decent amount of noise right off the bat.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:35 am
Stealth? I'm a Large Goliath wearing a top to bottom Heavy Armour.

If I manage stealth, it's a mirical.

I plan on pasting somone with one of these bolders =3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:04 pm
Well, at least I'll have had my cohort fill up my spell storing weapons with a couple of Bestow Curses. Mmmm.... -6 to CON... heart  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Drugged Lolli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:58 pm
Eternality_Cannon
((Okay, I made the mistake of thinking I had the Binder class listed on a website I'm using as a source. I don't. I need the info on it, if you don't mind, Antarei.))

The Binder class is from Tome of Magic.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:08 pm
Drugged Lolli
Eternality_Cannon
((Okay, I made the mistake of thinking I had the Binder class listed on a website I'm using as a source. I don't. I need the info on it, if you don't mind, Antarei.))

The Binder class is from Tome of Magic.

Which I don't have. I need the class abilities, so I know just what the extent of the binding is for D&D. I get the feeling it's like Sheena from Tales of Symphonia, but still, I need to know just what is entailed in the package.  

Slave Xaccheus

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:14 pm
I already more or less spelled out what I get from Binder. I only took one level of it - I have to make a binding check to get a "good" binding. If I fail, I have to do some stuff that's keyed to the Vestige I've bound: In Naberius's case, I'd have to take any opportunity to talk (such as a podium, talking stick, etc) if I made a bad binding. If I make the DC 15 check (which is pretty close to guaranteed), I don't have to worry about that. Either way, I get the benefits of Naberius, which I wrote out on the character sheet in the second column under Spells & Powers. Beyond what Vestiges I bind, it's a good Fort & Will, d8 hit die, 3/4 BAB class, with 2 skill points. It's class features are the Vestiges which I could change out if I wanted (but I'll stick to Naberius all the time).

Sadly, I did forget something in my last post - my voice always is deep and gravely, almost like a dog barking. That's the downside of binding Naberius - I sound really silly compared to my very Bishie appearance.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:59 pm
This should be interesting... Lawful Good and Neutral Evil in the same party.

Drugged Lolli

2_phatian rolled 16 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 1, 2, 5, 5, 5, 6, 2, 3, 5, 2, 3, 4, 1, 5 Total: 55 (16-96)

2_phatian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:27 pm
Rolling out stats  
2_phatian rolled 12 6-sided dice: 6, 6, 6, 1, 4, 3, 6, 2, 5, 2, 1, 4 Total: 46 (12-72)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:28 pm
5, 1, 1, 2=8
5, 5, 5, 6 =17
2, 3, 5, 2= 10
3, 4, 1, 5 = 12
6, 6, 6, 1 = 18 Yea my first biggrin
4, 3, 6, 2 = 13
5, 2, 1, 4 = 11  

2_phatian

2_phatian rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 7, 1, 1, 4, 6, 1, 3, 2, 3 Total: 33 (10-100)

2_phatian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:24 pm
hp  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out