Reply 72: Science & Astronomy Hangout
Global warming! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jinster816

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:58 am
What do u think about global warming? How can we help out?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:04 pm
I think it's real and we should prevent it, lest bad thing happen to our little planet.
There are so many little things we can do to help. Just watch the movie An Inconvient Truth. It mentioned 10 simple things we can do to help. Like things that are as simple as using energy saving lightbulbs instead of regular ones.  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150

UF6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:06 pm
AstronomyGirl
I think it's real and we should prevent it, lest bad thing happen to our little planet.
There are so many little things we can do to help. Just watch the movie An Inconvenient Truth. It mentioned 10 simple things we can do to help. Like things that are as simple as using energy saving light bulbs instead of regular ones.
Well can first tell the oil companies to start playing burcart and let the techonly through, and the government to support it. As consumers we can by more energy efficacy appliances and better windows to reduce heat, use shrubbery to block the wind near your house and to retain heat.
Set your house to a temperature of 20 C. Though there are many things you can do that saves you money also.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:30 pm
Steven Hawkings
AstronomyGirl
There are so many little things we can do to help. Just watch the movie An Inconvenient Truth. It mentioned 10 simple things we can do to help. Like things that are as simple as using energy saving light bulbs instead of regular ones.
Well can first tell the oil companies to start playing burcart and let the techonly through, and the government to support it. As consumers we can by more energy efficacy appliances and better windows to reduce heat, use shrubbery to block the wind near your house and to retain heat.
Set your house to a temperature of 20 C. Though there are many things you can do that saves you money also.

mhm. in the movie he mentions those things. ... though the part about the oil companies and the new technology, that reminded me of this other documentary I've seen called Who Killed the Electric Car. Very eye opening.  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:48 am
Oh yes, globbal warming, its what caused the massive snow fall in New york, colorado, and various other places. From my stand point, it seems more like global cooling  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:57 am
Kurzon_Dax
Oh yes, globbal warming, its what caused the massive snow fall in New york, colorado, and various other places. From my stand point, it seems more like global cooling

there may be local areas where it gets colder and thus snow, but the overall trend of the planet is warmer.  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:00 am
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

there may be local areas where it gets colder and thus snow, but the overall trend of the planet is warmer.

Im sorry, i just dont see it. the word 'global' institutes that all of the earth is warming, which is not the case.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:16 am
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

Im sorry, i just dont see it. the word 'global' institutes that all of the earth is warming, which is not the case.

Yes like I said. Overall the globe is warming. Just cause the whole earth is warming though, you can still get local minimums, aka areas where the temperature cools.

BAH! It's simple calculus... global vs local minimums and maximums.... it's a really simple concept.  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:30 pm
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

Yes like I said. Overall the globe is warming. Just cause the whole earth is warming though, you can still get local minimums, aka areas where the temperature cools.

BAH! It's simple calculus... global vs local minimums and maximums.... it's a really simple concept.

Im sorry, i just dont see it. If there was, wheres the proof? and if there is global warming, it wont affect me.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:40 pm
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

Im sorry, i just dont see it. If there was, wheres the proof? and if there is global warming, it wont affect me.

umm... yea. Watch the movie An Inconvient Truth.

I've been reading about Global warming for YEARS now. It's nothing new or recent. Everything he says in An Inconvient Truth is true and accurate and totally unbiased. Watch it.  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:58 am
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

I've been reading about Global warming for YEARS now. It's nothing new or recent. Everything he says in An Inconvient Truth is true and accurate and totally unbiased. Watch it.

I dont go off movies for scientific truth, i go off evidence. The tempreture going up, what, a 1-2 degrees across the planet? That dosent constitute global warming....and thats probly just due to someone breaking the interdimensinal barrier a few times to many....sorry, got off track there  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:57 pm
AstronomyGirl
Steven Hawkings
AstronomyGirl

mhm. in the movie he mentions those things. ... though the part about the oil companies and the new technology, that reminded me of this other documentary I've seen called Who Killed the Electric Car. Very eye opening.
No I haven't see it, have a link for it?  

UF6

UF6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:05 pm
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

I dont go off movies for scientific truth, i go off evidence. The tempreture going up, what, a 1-2 degrees across the planet? That dosent constitute global warming....and thats probly just due to someone breaking the interdimensinal barrier a few times to many....sorry, got off track there
A question for you, would more carbon in a jar when directed at sunlight as a jar with are regualur atmosphere heat up faster or will it be the same as the jar with the normal air? Now what hapens if unlocked carbon which the sole reason why we are not like the planet Venus because Earth contained it. Now the tundra perfrost is melting; carbon is being realsed does that constitute as something unusual? Earth does have its warming cycles and cooling cycles but chemo-induced cycle constitute as one?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:16 am
Steven Hawkings
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

A question for you, would more carbon in a jar when directed at sunlight as a jar with are regualur atmosphere heat up faster or will it be the same as the jar with the normal air? Now what hapens if unlocked carbon which the sole reason why we are not like the planet Venus because Earth contained it. Now the tundra perfrost is melting; carbon is being realsed does that constitute as something unusual? Earth does have its warming cycles and cooling cycles but chemo-induced cycle constitute as one?

Thats a very complicated question, and id like to direct you to a certain part.
Earth does have its warming cycles and cooling cycles but chemo-induced cycle constitute as one?
you just said We have our cooling and warming cycles. Chemo induced im guessing here, means that it was induced by chemicals, which is highly unlikely. And, back to this, the temperature has only risen 1/2 a degree, not exactly devestaiting  

Kurzon_Dax

UF6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:35 pm
Kurzon_Dax
Steven Hawkings
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

Thats a very complicated question, and id like to direct you to a certain part.
Earth does have its warming cycles and cooling cycles but chemo-induced cycle constitute as one?
you just said We have our cooling and warming cycles. Chemo induced im guessing here, means that it was induced by chemicals, which is highly unlikely. And, back to this, the temperature has only risen 1/2 a degree, not exactly devestaiting
Of course it has cycles, its proven from core sampling, though global warming is taken out of contexts, though reduction of carbon would slow the process down, which should be done. My concern is more on carflourichydrates that hurts the ozone than carbon. Global warming means heat is trapped in the atmosphere and not into space were it warms the Earth. If I recall Earth has warmed two degrees not by humans but by volcanoes in the last two hundred years, which should be taken into account. Oil burned and carbon released is chemo induced so and any other man made carbon product thats unnatural.  
72: Science & Astronomy Hangout

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff