Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
Items that are a nightmare to sell D; Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cup-of-Tea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:40 am
Did you ever have an item that was almost impossible to sell for a decent price?

I'd like to list BAO here. I'm so frustrated with it! At this point I'm just trying to get the amt of gold that I paid for it D<

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this or other items? biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:51 am
I had a Gwee that was difficult to sell. I think I ended up selling it for less than I paid, but that's the way the market goes sometimes confused  

Rhireiah

yuki the commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:12 am
I have 20k and I don't know on what should Ispent on.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:29 pm
Absolutely! Those 3 letter items that you can't search for on the marketplace are a really PAIN!

List the Bao, it's not fast here, but put it in the title and someone will want them. That's how I sold my own. xd  

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150

falllenshadows

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:45 pm
Cup-of-Tea
Did you ever have an item that was almost impossible to sell for a decent price?

I'd like to list BAO here. I'm so frustrated with it! At this point I'm just trying to get the amt of gold that I paid for it D<

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this or other items? biggrin

The MP has been glitchy still, sometimes Ill search for an item ang itll bring up all flowers, or paper, or bugs..... its odd. Try searching for white ink.....

Anything that will be hard to search for is hard to sell in the market place.

I'm about fed up with teh exhange too, all it seems to be is people looking to rip you off so they can go and sell it in the MP for more then they bought it off of you for.
I had a Buckin Bino, that was a pain to sell..... I bought it for 175 K, probably shouldnt have but I took it in a trade and got a real good deal. I finally managed to sell it though, and made 25 K off of it too.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:24 pm
fishing trophies ><
one word: yuck lol  

yoshizuki-chan

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:35 pm
Tin hats talk2hand  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:07 pm
Anything that the super rich people trying to be popular are not buying is what's hard to sell. That isn't all super rich people by the way, so don't attack me.

In my opinion, tickets would be the easiest to sell, people pay stupidly high prices for them, that's how I like to make gold when I'm in a pinch.  

Israk

yoshizuki-chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:10 pm
i guess that's true
some items just take forever to sell, even if it's popular, due to the high prices  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:37 pm
Is why I don't even bother trying to exchange -.-; I did trading on Neopets back in the day...pain in the a** and stressful  

joseybird

yoshizuki-chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:40 pm
for some reason making gold/np/or whatever is fun for me
i'm rich on both gaia and neopets
even if i don't really need the currencies, there is a certain sense of satisfaction from earning more  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:45 pm
I've never really had trouble selling things..
I usually put baos up for 26.5k for 5 mins. at a time until they're sold ^^;

If I'm getting really tired of waiting I just put the item up overnight and it's gone by morning.. xD

Cossi

yoshizuki-chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:55 pm
but in the case of a bao, no one would know it's on the market unless you have other things in your shop and they happen to notice, or you put it up for auctions....

therefore, i go for auctions for things that are unsearchable  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:00 am
So on the top of the list are:
bao
fishing trophies
tin hats
fish in general

Gwee - really? Never tried to sell one but I didn't think they were hard to get rid of. o.o Also, someone in exchange mentioned that kitsune masks are hard to liquidate too D:

So to finish my story I finally got rid of it for 25k - exactly what I paid for it, 0 profit. Thank god though xp
(Wordmatic - i was putting it for 25k every couple of hours and noone was buying it, so I don't think 26.5k would work. D smile  

Cup-of-Tea

Cossi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:53 am
Really? I've always had pretty good luck selling baos. o.o
Maybe it just has to do with exchanging at the right time..? xD <3  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items