relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 47: The Depression Forum
Lifestyle Change Anyone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you tried a lifestyle change before? Did it succeed?
  Haven't tried it.
  Yep, tried and succeeded :)
  Tried and failed :(
  I know someone who tried...
  I just want ze gold!
View Results

WakeUpaLlama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:16 pm
I'm bipolar. And I've realized lately that the way I'm leading my life (from eating habits to attitude) only makes everything worse. (Am not trying to make anyone feel bad or anything about how they deal with stuff, by the way, I just need help with this) Anyways. So I figured recently that what I *should* do it try to just change my entire lifestyle. ALL of it. I know it'll hafta be gradual and what not. But. I was wondering if anyone's done this before, attempted it and failed, attempted and succeeded, attempted and well, attempted wink or if they know anyone who has. I need as much help as I can get on this. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:41 am
I just try to leave the house at least once a week. I'm bipolar too but I also have anxiety issues (especially in the winter). So along with my trusty walkman (music helps me with the anxiety), I set out to do something with my friends.

My ultimate goal is to be able to go out by myself throughout the year but that might take me a while.  

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0

RizaMustang24

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:14 am
I have attempted to change my lifestyle, the way I deal with things, my daily schedule, how often I talk to people... eh...
Didn't work so well sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:12 am
Good luck with that. 'Tis tough work. Mainly, when I changed my lifestyle, it is because I had to in order to fit the changing events of my life and such. When you have to do different things, whether it be for school or work or whatever, sometimes, a life change is necessary in order to do these things. I may not be talking about the kind of life changes that you are, but life changes do occur for all of us. I hope that if you do try to change your life that the best will come out of it.  

Merrin Spicer

Timo Supremo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:50 pm
I'm guessing that you probably don't like hectic and unorganized things. Maybe you could try making this change of yours into an organized, planned out process? Benjamin Franklin had a list of things that he wanted to do, or learn, or change. He would work on one thing at a time, for a set period of time, until it became part of himself. Then he wold move on to the next. His list was always growing, and he was constantly reviewing the things he had already done, to make sure the changes stuck. Anyway, good luck!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:20 pm
Heh. I read that essay, but he ended up as he worked at one other thing, he forgot how to do the thing that he learned beforehand. The best solution is to maintain an organized and changed life. Once you change your life, you must consider that you must work on all of the things that you have changed and keep at it. It is really hard work, but trust me, it pays off.

Timo Supremo, you gave great advice, but you forgot to read that entire essay throughly. It is a good idea at first to work at things one at a time, but after you learn those things, you have to work at them simultaneously; otherwise you wasted your time learning things that you forgot.

Merrin Spicer

ObscureEnigma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:37 am
Actually, I have had an experience that you are striving for. I completely changed who I was from when I was 12 to when I was 13. Oh my Goodness, it was completely hard work. I had to change my mentality and everything; it was scary. I made it through the tough times. Heck, I am still changing my personality every day. Believe me, it takes years to fully take on a new persona. It will be worth it, I am sure.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:34 pm
will the flood behind me?

I'm in the process of changing myself.
I'm trying to find if I could live as if I were dead.
But, the path is already planned, every little detail I've seen and thought about so far.
I just wonder if I'll be able fully succeed, ya' know?

put out the fire inside?

Reptiliac

ObscureEnigma

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:34 pm
Ah. I am glad that you have some initiative to do that. However, if everything does not work out the way that you want it, you can always modify your plan.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:19 pm
::nods:: That's true. I think that after my Senior year, I will be forced to change my lifestyle. It's going to be weird, I imagine. ::smirks:  

Merrin Spicer

47: The Depression Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff