MaclauMo

Winged Kitten

24,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:37 pm
i suffer of depresion, and i'm on medication
ever since i'm taking it i'm a lot better.

are you on meds? what are you taking?
what do you think about that?

post your comments  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:55 pm
I'm on Effexor XR. I think most of the time it works. But I also believe that meds are only half of the treatment. The other half is theropy. Which I don't get any more. I used to see a counslor once a week and it really help. Now I'm left to my own thoughts and no one to help me through it.  

Precious L.

psaturn

Prophet

9,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:23 am
I'm not on meds, but I need to be. The thing is though is that I don't have health insurance.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:29 pm
I don't have insurance either. My meds are like $285 a month. But since I don't make any money the makers of my meds give them to me free.  

Precious L.

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:15 pm
i found meds helped a lot for my ocd and stress and prevented a 2nd nervous breakdown,along with my depression but it came at a cost of cold turkey coming off,being unable to eat for a weeek and losing half a stone and going around ditzy and slighty blank.my new meds are better.i guess meds have their negative and positive sides.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:18 pm
Precious L.
I'm on Effexor XR. I think most of the time it works. But I also believe that meds are only half of the treatment. The other half is theropy. Which I don't get any more. I used to see a counslor once a week and it really help. Now I'm left to my own thoughts and no one to help me through it.

hmm.i waited years for treatment missed seeing a shrink,was eventually put on a waiting list,forgotten about,had to wait even more and then got a counsellor who was useless,pinned me in a lift and when i protested against this she ditching me,claiming i was abusive.i dont which is worse-to be with a vicious,useless counsellor or to be left to my own thoughts and gradually decline.  

PoppyDadswell

Precious L.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:06 pm
PoppyDadswell
Precious L.

hmm.i waited years for treatment missed seeing a shrink,was eventually put on a waiting list,forgotten about,had to wait even more and then got a counsellor who was useless,pinned me in a lift and when i protested against this she ditching me,claiming i was abusive.i dont which is worse-to be with a vicious,useless counsellor or to be left to my own thoughts and gradually decline.

Man you got a really crappy counsilor. I guess it depends on the person too. Maybe a person doesn't use a profesional but there's some one they talk to. Then agian I'm a complete moron and don't know what the hell I'm talking about.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:39 pm
Meds help a lot
in my case, i had just the chemical imbalance, because i can manage my own thoughs and my problems

but hell yeah, if peple need to, please go counseling is important!
heart  

MaclauMo

Winged Kitten

24,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

El_Chico_de_Fuego

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:43 am
Medication helps sometimes, but other times it does nothing more than provide an outlet for other bad stuff to happen. I had to tell my friends' parents about her depression medication intake because she was taking 5 at a time because she was "that depressed".  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:53 am
It depends on the person, what caused their depression and how they react to the medication.

I had a medication and it didn't work. I got even more depressed and I realized the pills were making me feel crappy. I often fainted, felt bad and my panic attacks got worse. I stopped taking them and instead decided to think everything through and talk with my friends.

My roommate has a medication and it works. She has calmed down from the continuous nervous breakdowns and has now the energy to work on what caused the depression in the first place.  

Nimeton Ei Kukaan

Homilophobic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:56 am
I was on St. John's Wort (which is all natural, and works wonderfully) for a year and a half until I relized that it was neutrilizing the effects of my birth control. It's pretty cheap too, and you can buy at a your local vitamin store.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:20 pm
I'm not that lucky. I'm on Lamictal. It's a mood stabilizer.  

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0

WakeUpaLlama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:52 pm
I'm on meds as well. I've been changing meds to try to find the right one for over 5 years now, though, so it certainly takes being persistent so find the "right one". Personally, for my problems, I have to be on medication, but (as mentioned above) I should do counseling too. But then you get into trust issues. For most people, they need both. For some group therapy works better than 1 on 1, I prefer 1 on 1. I know meds aren't "THE" answer though. And while you may or may not need them now doesn't really say much about whether you will or won't in the future. (It's kind of annoying that way razz )  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:49 pm
Zoloft is awesome
and i went into withdrawls after i missed a dose and almost killed myself, so lets just say im not going to let that happen again, but all in all meds really do help  

JapanLover317

The Sycamore Lady

8,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:05 pm
I'm on Lexapro along with counciling session and you have no idea how much of an improvement it is.

I went off of it for a week last semester and completely broke down. The change is astounding, but I think eventually I'll be able to be off it completely.

Alot my depression is caused by other meds I'm on for other reasons, so once I am oss of those, things should get better.

In say yes to meds, as long as you are not soley dependent on them.  
47: The Depression Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff