Reply 74: Hogwarts, Hogwarts, and more Hogwarts
The Invisibility Cloak Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hakura88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:48 am
Just recently, JK Rowling gave us a NAQ (Not Asked Question). The NAQ was 'Why did Dumbledore have James' invisibility cloak at the time of James' death, given that Dumbledore could make himself invisible without a cloak?' She says that there is a significant answer to this question. So what do you guys think about this? I think that maybe James gave Dumbledore the cloak for Harry's protection later in the future.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:13 am
> < Maybe. Seems reasonable.  

dolphinSYJ

[ Dimond Moon ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:12 pm
man...I want to know what the real answer is....but for all we know that could be it....but I want it to be something exciting ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:48 pm
there's probably a good chance the question will be answered in book 7. along with whatever other soap opera moment questions people may have.  

Spyke Darkwing

Gambino Gearhead

TTRIK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:23 am
yes i think they did!
but maybe he stole it from james and gived it to harry to ensolve the misteryoui tings of hogwarts...spooky ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:43 am
Maybe both James and Dumbledore knew James was going to die... So James made sure Harry got his prized possession  

Charmed_Raven

Romantic Lunatic

4,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100

DragonLover

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:12 pm
I think maybe an Order member was using it, like maybe it was Snape or something. <.<  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:12 am
Hakura88
Just recently, JK Rowling gave us a NAQ (Not Asked Question). The NAQ was 'Why did Dumbledore have James' invisibility cloak at the time of James' death, given that Dumbledore could make himself invisible without a cloak?' She says that there is a significant answer to this question. So what do you guys think about this? I think that maybe James gave Dumbledore the cloak for Harry's protection later in the future.

Maybe James was being a bad boy, and he took it from him :[  

Hibiki Kuragari

Yeran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:50 am
Hm, maybe Dumbledore has multiple personalities disorder and his other personality was James.

O_o

Yeah, just ignore me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:05 pm
.:'If I was cute... would you buy me ice cream?':.

Awesome idea Yauren. If you read through the the books carefully, Albus seems kinds controlling. He might have taken the cloak from James insiting the Order needed it.
Then again, maybe James felt that, to keep a secret safe or something, Albus needed to cloak for protection or whatever.

Youka-chan

Saint_Oriel

Dapper Lunatic

5,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:01 pm
I suppose that James knew he would die, knowing of the prophesy as Dumbledore told him (obviously) and gave the cloak to Dumbledore for safe keeping. He knew of Neville, and Dumbledore also told him that Voldemort wasn't going for Neville, so that was another reason to give Dumbledore the cloak. Another thought, maybe Hagrid used it to hide frm muggles and gave it to Dumbledore just 'cause he could?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:23 pm
bump n.n " huggles and then bumps talon" WEEE n.n  

AuroraPlatinum

Dedicated Lover

12,925 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150

dark.not_evil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:50 pm
I don't think that's the issue guys...

Harry left the Cloak in the Astronomy Tower. eek
I think it's still there and he says he's not going back to Hogwarts.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:59 am
Hibiki Kuragari
Hakura88

Maybe James was being a bad boy, and he took it from him :[

I agree...James probably got it taken away from him when he was a boy by Dumbledore for causing mischief.  

GreenThumbPlanter

Quilius

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:51 am
Saint_Talon
I suppose that James knew he would die, knowing of the prophesy as Dumbledore told him (obviously) and gave the cloak to Dumbledore for safe keeping. He knew of Neville, and Dumbledore also told him that Voldemort wasn't going for Neville, so that was another reason to give Dumbledore the cloak. Another thought, maybe Hagrid used it to hide frm muggles and gave it to Dumbledore just 'cause he could?

I'm thinking along the same lines, James knew what was coming and they didn't want the cloak to fall into Death Eater hands... Perhaps he also wanted to leave something behins for his son with someone he knew and trusted...

As for Hagrid using it, I don't see that happening, since with Ron growing in the books we saw that they were having trouble hiding under the cloak together. Since Hagrid is rather big it probably is too small for him to hide completly underneath it.  
74: Hogwarts, Hogwarts, and more Hogwarts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff