Hey! Shut up! You're just in denial!
View Results

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:02 am
Ever done this? I have more times then I can count. For those of you who are confused basically you create a character that personifies yourself (bite me Mary Sue) and have that character interact with whoever on whatever anime/manga you've stuck them in. I even cosplayed as one of my characters (and ended up hiding from the cosplayers of the real characters the rest of the day sweatdrop ) Anyway, I think it's fun and can help the creative writing process if you're a fanfic writer. Anybody have some fun stories?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:30 am
I've done that in my head many times.  

Riehade

Khait Khepri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:05 pm
I made up a character that was in some ways very much like me but in other ways very different... she had had a hard life and all that... i've got more than the one I'm talking about here, but I put so much life into her, I could almost hold a conversation with her... but of course, that is crazy talk...

I will admit that my 'invention', so to speak, helped me during a depression of mine. I used her more withdrawn attitude and way of dealing with the world to protect myself from feeling the pain I had been feeling at the time...

Lucky for me, I'm out of that, but I am still very fond of my character, Sarah Sable.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:27 am
It is really fun....i do it alot of the time when i'm bored at school.... biggrin  

CrimsonxXxSolace

Snarkeh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:38 am
Riehade
I've done that in my head many times.

Agreed.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:08 am
me and my friends do that all the time anywhere because we are all ways bored ninja  

Zene the Tormented

Joevil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:45 am
Yeah, I have an alter ego, he's nameless so far, but he has a title. His tittle is The Master of Chaos, he is an awsome swordsman! as the title implies he controls Chaos, which is born from light and darkness. I'm working on a 'novel' about him. Is going to be awsome!!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:05 pm
Roleplaying in my head has saved me in sooo many different boring classes.

Technicolor Inc.

Hitori Oni

8,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:13 pm
i have lots of alternate characters. And most of the time i draw them.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:05 pm
I think any good character personifies an element of its creator in some way. Otherwise the character lacks personal inspiration from its creator ultimately that ends up separating the creation from the mind of the creator and the creation ends up dull flat or unbelievable and those who view the character have difficulty identifying with it. I always incorporate elements of my personality, philosophies, or psyche into any character i create.  

Gyzvx

Friendly Explorer

11,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

deimos969

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:50 am
Gyzvx
I think any good character personifies an element of its creator in some way. Otherwise the character lacks personal inspiration from its creator ultimately that ends up separating the creation from the mind of the creator and the creation ends up dull flat or unbelievable and those who view the character have difficulty identifying with it. I always incorporate elements of my personality, philosophies, or psyche into any character i create.

i completely agree, i've put some elements in my anime charakters too mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:17 pm
I've got dozens of alter-egos! One of them I took the name from here on gaia. Sooner or later, I'll try to make my avi look more like her (but that will cost me big money, basicly because I need a pixie).

I've also written a bit about her in my journal, but with the lack of interest and my lacking of remembering what happend between two sertain point - I'm stuck.  

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

Diasuke-san

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:28 pm
ive done it in my head just a few too many times. I dont know why but it is really entertaining to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:35 pm
I made up characters in some of my stories but really I sometimes just jump into there personalities a bit its weird but its rare at the most.  

Ori-chan14

moko123456789

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:56 pm
Joevil
Yeah, I have an alter ego, he's nameless so far, but he has a title. His tittle is The Master of Chaos, he is an awsome swordsman! as the title implies he controls Chaos, which is born from light and darkness. I'm working on a 'novel' about him. Is going to be awsome!!
can i read it stare  
27: Anime/Manga Corner

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces