Homosexuality is...
  wrong
  fine
  I don't know
  poll whore
View Results

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:33 pm
Many people believe that homosexuality is wrong.

What do you think?

Is your opinion effected by your religious beliefs?

Are you gay/bi/transexual?

Have you had any specific issues with people of the opposite sexual orientation?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:58 am
Homosexuals are fine as long as they don't start hitting on me. Let them do as they please for all i care.  

TsumetaiHinote

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:41 pm
Kataton
Homosexuals are fine as long as they don't start hitting on me. Let them do as they please for all i care.

What would you do if a gay man did hit on you? (99% of gay men and women won't hit on straight people)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:41 pm
Interesting stat, anyway say I was mistaken for a homosexual and was being hit on I would simply inform the man that I wasn't gay and go on my merry way.  

TsumetaiHinote

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:13 pm
Kataton
Interesting stat, anyway say I was mistaken for a homosexual and was being hit on I would simply inform the man that I wasn't gay and go on my merry way.

So, it really isn't that big of a deal is it? Sure, it is slightly uncomfortable, but he/she probably meant no harm and probably felt just as uncomfortable.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:27 pm
There's absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality. People are opposed to it because it's different, and not a subject that society likes to leave open.

Here's a little story:

At my alarmingly small school, roughly 98% of the kids are religious. They are the "Hate gays! Love God! Fight Iraq because we all know they caused 9/11!" type. We do have one homosexual student. Just one. He was brought up in a very religious family and rebels against whatever his family worships because he was told that "God hates gays because they're, um . . .er . . . gay!" So he formed his own set of beliefs, and never hesitates to parade around the tiny campus voicing them. He's a good kid, and never does anything to make people dislike him.

Being homosexual doesn't change your personality, so why can't the government treat them like people?  

chicken_soup

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:32 pm
chicken_soup
There's absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality. People are opposed to it because it's different, and not a subject that society likes to leave open.

Here's a little story:

At my alarmingly small school, roughly 98% of the kids are religious. They are the "Hate gays! Love God! Fight Iraq because we all know they caused 9/11!" type. We do have one homosexual student. Just one. He was brought up in a very religious family and rebels against whatever his family worships because he was told that "God hates gays because they're, um . . .er . . . gay!" So he formed his own set of beliefs, and never hesitates to parade around the tiny campus voicing them. He's a good kid, and never does anything to make people dislike him.

Being homosexual doesn't change your personality, so why can't the government treat them like people?

Along with your school being 98% religious 78% of America is Christian, 1% Jewish, and 1% Mormon. (www.did-you-mean.com)

With this high statistic and only about 4% of those being sentimental towards gays, you can imagine how easy it is for a Christian man/woman to get elected. All of the Senators of the US are religious in nature (www.bizforum.org) so the likelyhood of them being against gay marriage is pretty high.

Changing the way people view homosexuals would/will be a difficult task. We might as well be having a reformation on our hands.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:13 pm
AgentKeg

Along with your school being 98% religious 78% of America is Christian, 1% Jewish, and 1% Mormon. (www.did-you-mean.com)

With this high statistic and only about 4% of those being sentimental towards gays, you can imagine how easy it is for a Christian man/woman to get elected. All of the Senators of the US are religious in nature (www.bizforum.org) so the likelyhood of them being against gay marriage is pretty high.

Changing the way people view homosexuals would/will be a difficult task. We might as well be having a reformation on our hands.

Yeah, I believe it. America is definitely a religious country . . . but so are many other nations as well. Somewhere I heard that 90% of the world's total population is religious.

It's hard to change who people discriminate against, like you said. First it was racism, and now sexual orientation. But people don't try to give something a chance until they're nudged towards it. What we need to start people thinking in earnest, is to pass some laws in favor of homosexual rights [marriage, etc.]  

chicken_soup

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:35 pm
That won't happen until the Senators decide its ok. At least they didn't pass the bill banning gay marriage.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:52 am
Well, to start, gay marriage in the secular world shouldn't even be a discussion. Within religions, it's up to the leaders and teachings of that religion to decide if gay marriage will be sanctioned. Homosexuals bugging the Christians or Jews for gay marriage doesn't make sense. In the destruction of sodom, gay sexual intimacy is not only shown as immoral and evil, but also as a weaponized evolution of excess.

There are some issues here though. Gay pride parades have reached a point of excess that's simply uncalled for. Homosexuals banding together is fine, however, parading through the streets in minimal or overly suggestive clothing and throwing condoms into crowds has nothing to do with pride. It is rather an embarassment, that makes all the teachings of the faith which see it as immoral seem true. Gay people should not claim that their relationships are any more intense than straight relationships, and thus should not display them as requiring some extra flamboyancy.

The problem is that homosexuality is sometimes simply a sexual orientation, in which case those who fall under this category should be treated the same as heterosexuals. However, if it is chosen as some kind of elevated fetish, then it should be as hidden as anyone would hide any strange fetish. Decadence is supressed in religion always for a reason. There is such thing as moral decay, and public indecency.

The people who are craving a full strength sexual revolution are often simply thinking on more animalistic terms, having not witnessed the consequences of a society defiled by excess. This can be compared to anti-war advocates who have never truly looked into all aspects of war. Had world war 2 not raged across the many lands which it did, than the furnaces of the holocaust would have continued to blaze. Though motives in warfare can always be questioned, there are truly just motives, where force was needed to combat corruption and evil. I'm using the word evil abit liberally here, but that's an entirely different debate all together.

Anyways, the trick, as always, is that equal rights DOES NOT mean special treatment, and some groups and individuals need to figure out which they are really grabbing for.  

Roman Shepherd

Real Horrorshow Groodies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:17 pm
I just have to throw this one out there.

Do you think if there was a rainbow on the American flag, people would be less hard on homosexuals?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:25 pm
professorB

Do you think if there was a rainbow on the American flag, people would be less hard on homosexuals?

How about no. I don't want to know where you got this idea. The rainbow was adopted in 1978 only because of the need for a symbol for the gay community.

Homosexuals would not have used this idea if it was on the American flag anyway.  

Epic Fail Girl

Real Horrorshow Groodies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:52 pm
AgentKeg
professorB

How about no. I don't want to know where you got this idea. The rainbow was adopted in 1978 only because of the need for a symbol for the gay community.

Homosexuals would not have used this idea if it was on the American flag anyway.

I'm just brainstorming, jeez.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:37 pm
One thing I would like to throw out there is that it is a natural form of population control.

My twin sister is bi, and I'm straight. That destroys the idea that homosexuality is genetic. I believe that being gay is something you're born with, in your soul.

Many people try to argue that homosexuality is wrong because gays spread AIDS. If heterosexuals didn't spread the disease as well, they might have an argument.  

Yotsu

O.G. Gaian

weats

3,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:25 pm
Anyone can spread AIDS. Love who you will, jus don't kill. lol. That should be the new motto for the AIDS campaign, that is if they have a homosexual section... I think as long as it doesn't break our basic rules, then it should be okay. As long is it doesn't even LOOPHOLE our rules, it should be okay.
If you wanna break the laws here or are unhappy with them go somewhere else or go out and make your own law somewhere. We don't have that many countries for nothing. Apperently we can't ALL get along so try & go somewhere where you can.  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff