be saved for marriage.
  be your own personal choice.
  other
  poll whore
View Results

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 pm
Is sex best saved until marriage?
Is being a virgin until marriage important?
Do you have any religious/political beliefs that effect your choice?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:46 pm
I think intercouse is better saved for marriage but that you should have the choice with your partner otherwose. To me virginity is a virtue but other people may have their own opinions. I do have reliogious beliefs that say to hold intercouse til marriage but I take it upon my self to decide and I have decided!  

lily_bunch

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:16 am
lily_bunch
I think intercouse is better saved for marriage but that you should have the choice with your partner otherwose. To me virginity is a virtue but other people may have their own opinions. I do have reliogious beliefs that say to hold intercouse til marriage but I take it upon my self to decide and I have decided!

Why is virginity a virtue? Please expand further on your beliefs.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:56 am
Sex is a pain in the a**. I mean it's wonderful and pleasing and all that stuff, just todays culture looks down upon sex and at the same time thrusts it in our face. it is annoying and hypocritical.  

TsumetaiHinote

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:47 pm
Kataton
Sex is a pain in the a**. I mean it's wonderful and pleasing and all that stuff, just todays culture looks down upon sex and at the same time thrusts it in our face. it is annoying and hypocritical.

There will always be some sort of ill-feelings directed toward sex. Until children are capable of learning about sex and all the complications there will always be.

When we are children sex is hidden from us, and it makes us feel afraid of it. It is only natural to want to hide it from children though, as it keeps them innocent.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:48 pm
This is very true. However, Children cannot be capable of learnng about sex until society realizes that they can't protect their childrens innocence forever as they often try to. Sex education should happen as early as possible fifth, sixth grade at least. That way the children can learn of the mistakes they could make when they are older instead of the mistakes they could make in the now.  

TsumetaiHinote

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:07 pm
Parents are too overprotective of their children. The only time this wouldn't happen was if we lived in a perfect society, which is far from possible.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:15 pm
I think that sexual actions should be saved until you're truly devoted to someone, because having sex for the wrong reasons usually lead to major disasters...  

fluteboy1992

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:30 pm
fluteboy1992
I think that sexual actions should be saved until you're truly devoted to someone, because having sex for the wrong reasons usually lead to major disasters...[/quote

"Major" disasters? The worst thing that could happen is if you get HIV. Not that HIV isn't major. I wish for you to expand further on what you believe.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:10 pm
At my (previous) school, we had sex-ed class starting in fifth grade. I think it was too soon, no one took it seriously. Everyone laughed at the stupidest things (I must say I did too, as mature as I was), but sixth grade was better. Kids just aren't mature enough. I think sixth grade is the best year to start sex-ed classes. Kids find this stuff out on their own anyway. I mean, I do think the sex-ed classes are good (especially for the shy), but kids are curious, and find this stuff out themselves, plus it's all in the media, and you hear other people at school (eg, older kids) talk about sex, and older siblings and such. Of course you always hear about the infamous "talk". I don't know, I never got it, but I'm just fine! I found it all out on my own! It's inevitable anyway...
Sex is everyones presonal choice, but unfortunately, many people don't make good choices, whether from inexperience and lack of knowledge, or pressure...  

fantasier_xp

MarineManiac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:26 am
Okay, here is an opinion from a kid!

I'm starting 7th grade this year and during P.E they will be teaching Family Life Education (a.k.a Sex Ed). I don't mind it but I'm concerned for the others. My peers much rather drink soda and party all day than go to school and it shows in our academics.

I believe mature enough to handle the subject but the others...I'm not so sure. After all 5th period earth science I see (in pen) poorly drawn stick figures of...I'm guessing girls with an unidentified object inbetween her legs. I know what it represents (but I don't think it's PG-13 to say something like that which blows the ToS up in smoke) and I'm not impressed.

To say something to Kataton, I agree with his opinion. I believe that they teach it too late and 'oh my gosh' I think kids these days actually do it.
To back this up, public affections are shown, kissing, holding hands,hugging, etc. are shown by my peers. If that's what you show us here in a place to learn what do you do when no one is around?

As for virginity, it's something special. If you are truly, madly, deeply in love with someone you plan to marry (or are married) then yes he should be the one you are to give it to. But please remember that you want to stay with this person for the rest of your life, and he feels the same way. Also remember your 6th month opposite, is he/she the one?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:34 am
I think sex should be saved for marriage, because it's something special you don't want to just do with anyone. It really isn't right to do it with someone who you're not going to spend your whole life with. It should be saved only for that one special person. I think it's really sad that most people just have sex with whoever they're dating at the moment because they think they are in love, or worse, just have sex with whoever just to have it. I can't stand people who brag about having sex either. It just ruins it if you do it with the wrong person for the wrong reasons. Unfortunately everyone wants to have sex right now and not wait, and that makes it hard for people like me. I don't like dating people because I figure they'll expect it from me and I don't want to rush into something like that. My boyfriend who I've been with for six years now is starting to want it, but he's online, but when he comes to meet me I know he'll want to, and that's where it's hard for me because it's a tough choice. I know I truely love him, but I don't want to have sex with him in case he gets mad and leaves me later on. I want to know he'll stay with me forever before we do something like that. I really don't know what I will do, I want to wait until I'm married, but then I hear things, like my mom told me about a woman she works with who's in her late twenties and still hasn't had sex and gets dumped by every guy because she wants to wait until she's married, and it's things like that that make me wonder if it's even worth it to wait in today's society. So while idealistically I want to be married first, I really don't know what I'll end up doing.  

Vickicat

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100

weats

3,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:52 pm
Sex is your own choice. All I and the rest of the world can do is hope that you're smart about it when the time comes.
When you wanna do it is when you should do it. No one else can/should tell you otherwise.
All we can do is educate you about it and I hope to god we do.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:21 am
I'm the odd person with most of my friends because I'm still a virgin. I havn't really dated b/c of most of todays societys teens and "peer presure." I beleive you should wait until your married, virginity is pure and shouldn't be taken away by just anyone; it should be for the right reasons and it should feel right between you both. And being around my non virgin friends when they talk about sex it rather uncomfortable so we don't really talk about the subject. One of my friends was raped by her sisters father when she was alot younger; and so now she's had sex with a few guys that I know of; and one of my other friends had sex willingly.....she was talking about it having sex and not being sure and I told her she shouldn't but I wasn't going to stop her it was all up to her, and she knew the consenquinces of it. So after that a short time later she and her boyfriend broke up and then she talked about it and stuff; so I was just like I don't really want to talk about it can we just change the subject. And alot of times after people have sex they change, my friend that willingly had sex started smoking, cutting school, getting into trouble, her grades started to drop; and she seemed someone completely different. And the guys in my class noticed it too and they said that they didn't like being around her anymore. But the virgin friends I have we have fun and can talk about sex b/c we just say our own opinions but talking about sex with someone who has had sex it makes me feel inferrior and it's rather awkward.....And in todays society the sooner kids know about sex and everything the better; I found out about sex when I was five I heard about it and since my mom and dad wouldn't tell me anything so I had to ask the older kids and the day camp I went to.....I told mom what I found out and she nearly crashed the car......so I've never really needed "the talk" b/c if I want to find out something I will find out on my own; and if I can't find it on my own I will ask others that will tell me....I think different kids at different ages handle things better, but they also have to want to know about it too...and I could go on and on but I think I've said enough so yeah...  

Kiro_Kun15

Contra mundus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:54 am
Do what you want as long as your partner knows the consquences and gives consent. That's my philosphy on sex. Simple.  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff