be legal
  some of them should be legal
  other
  poll whore
View Results

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:06 pm
Should they be legal?
Which ones do you think should be legal?
Why do you think this way?
Do you use drugs?

Have anything else about drugs you wish to share?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:21 am
No I do not use drugs, I have high hopes for the future.
If there is one drug I do use it is caffiene but that's legal for my age.

I do not wish to smoke, I want to live long and not die of tuberculosis.
I do not want alcohol when I become 21, not even wine. I want to keep all my brain cells.

The only drugs I believe that should be legal are caffiene and prescription drugs from doctors. Why is because I will say open mindly, I am ADDICTED to caffiene, soda, coffee, mocha late. Those all have caffiene.
Prescription drugs, granted destroy your liver which you need as much as your heart. Over doseing can kill.

As for sharing I need to get this off my chest.

My family is horrible with keeping clena off of drugs. My father is an alcoholic along with his older sister and next younger brother. To put it bluntly my aunts and uncles are either alcoholic, drug users of whatever or are now starting to get clean.
I myself was born a drug baby because of my imcompetent mother. Most of my life she has been in and out, in and out of jail because of that reason. Currently she is living in a trailer in our backyard, not a part of my family. My father or I do not trust her at all anymore. My mother dirtied her family name when she was the first to start using such things besides alcohol. It really hurts me that she can't stop thinking like a teenager when she's 44.

I do believe with all my heart that I am smarter than her. I can cook and work a computer. I have the desire to learn, once I turn of legal age I can probably make more money than her. I seriously want another DNA test.

During the court battle of who would be custody of me my father cleaned up right away, she did not. By court order I was to live with my grandmother on her side until things where sorted out. They took me away and refused to let me father see me despite court order. My mother caused living hell for everyone and the two family's to fight for no reason.

Well anyway my father one the case and I was to live with him and my other grandmother, the only way for him to keep custody. He battled a lying *beep* of a mother, cleaned up, battled with social service, dealt with another lier just ot keep custody of his first child at age 42. My mother 36 and still acting like 14.

You tell me, who do you think is the better parent?

And just so we're clear, I have absolutely no respect for my mother at all.  

MarineManiac

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:57 pm
Wow, I can really see why you feel the way you do. It's sad that things happen that way for some people.

Good for you for trying to change the family pattern by not even starting in the first place. I'm sure you know that children with alcoholic parents are even more likely to become alcoholics when they get older.

Thanks for telling. Personal experience can sometimes be the best deterrent for things that could hurt us.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:14 pm
to quote bash.org:
"#628630 +(4027)- [X]
I heard about this guy who broke into a lion's den at the zoo
and got mauled
and people were talking about how there should have been better defences put up to prevent people getting into the cage
a friend of mine suggested setting up some kind of deterrent
for example, putting some sort of fierce animal in the cage, which would attack anybody who climbed in"

Point is, it's bad for you. We're doing what we can to teach you beforehand but if you don't get it by the time it eats you alive, there's no one to blame but yourself. I apologise to the people whose families have been ripped apart by drugs and the people too insecure of their own nature not to resort to them, but it probably doesn't mean anything from me. I hope it fuels your fire to prevent it from happening to others. Help keep what happened to you from happening to others. It's all we can do.
They call it "consumption" because it not only consumes your present instantly, but it consumes your past . Worst of all it consumes your future.  

weats

3,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

chessiejo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:13 pm
Should they be legal? yes
prohibition of alcohol was a failure
and the war on drugs has failed too
it and the mandatory sentencing for pot etc are hugely expensive
legalizaiton works fine in the Netherlands

Which ones do you think should be legal?
every last blessed one

Why do you think this way?
people should be free to do what they want as long as it does no injury to another. so a pregnant woman should not do drugs (or drink or smoke either). and you shouldn't drive under the influence. but otherwise, why is it anybody's business? have lots of education about the dangers, let people have information (and let it be honest), and then let them choose. and set up clinics for addicts who want to quit.
if we taxed pot instead of banning it we sould have a lot more income while saving much public expense.

Do you use drugs?
not any more. i would not advise my friends to either.

Have anything else about drugs you wish to share?
to me this is closely related to sexual conduct and homosexuality, as far as how society treats behaviors.
these behaviors are not threatening if they are legalized. the only thing that makes them a threat to society is their criminality. people steal to buy illegal drugs. they dont steal to buy cigs or booze. so let it be a private personal decision, it doesnt have to be a problem unles s we make it one.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:28 am
I think canibis should be used for medicinal porposes. But not become legal for people to smoke and sell it. For some people marijuana is like a setative, and it calms them. But for many more it is a highly addictive drug that can have very destructive effects on someone. I used to have a friend that picked up smoking pot. Within a year he went from being an up and coming tatoo artist. Graduate from high school, and all in all a kid who was headed for a decent life. But within a year of smoking pot, he reduced himself to stealing from his parents. quitting jobs, hanging out with drug dealers, and eventually getting arrested for breaking into houses (mine included) for drug money. So I say that unless it is for medicinal porposes like finding a cure for cancer or something...I say no they should not be legal.  

Iciceberg

fantasier_xp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:47 pm
*sigh* There just doesn't seem to be an answer. Although I really like the idea of having all drugs legalized, but with hefty taxes (thank you chessiejo). And of course it still being illegal to drink and drive and such.
I am so glad everyone in my family is clean, as are my friends. Well, as far as I know anyway. I would never do drugs, or smoke. I can't really see myself drinking either. I hate the stuff, tastes horrible. Don't know why anyone drinks the stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:03 pm
Iciceberg
I think canibis should be used for medicinal porposes. But not become legal for people to smoke and sell it. For some people marijuana is like a setative, and it calms them. But for many more it is a highly addictive drug that can have very destructive effects on someone. I used to have a friend that picked up smoking pot. Within a year he went from being an up and coming tatoo artist. Graduate from high school, and all in all a kid who was headed for a decent life. But within a year of smoking pot, he reduced himself to stealing from his parents. quitting jobs, hanging out with drug dealers, and eventually getting arrested for breaking into houses (mine included) for drug money. So I say that unless it is for medicinal porposes like finding a cure for cancer or something...I say no they should not be legal.

You do realize that by the point he started stealing from his parents, you and others he most certainly wasn't only doing pot right?  

Epic Fail Girl

Vedol

Hygienic Receiver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:13 am
they should all be illegal  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:39 pm
All drugs should be legal. It's not a question of how bad they are for you, it's a question of personal choice. Do people have the right to decide what drugs they take? It's hippocritical to make some drugs legal and others not.

The argument I hear most often is that if it was legal children could get it easier. How could that be the case? At least if you go to a liquor store they ask for your id. Drug dealers don't care who they sell to. They have no pressure to check ids. If you make something that shouldn't be illegal a crime, you still create real criminals.

The other argument of course, is that everyone will be doing drugs if they were legal... That's just ridiculous. If all drugs were legal, the people not doing them would continue not doing them for the same reason they didn't before. The people who do drugs would just keep doing them. In other words, the only change would be that the jails are less crowded and we suddenly have much better police coverage. What's so bad about that?  

EJ_Nova

Tactical Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Trivia_Master

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:35 am
I have never used drugs. I have never even had a beer (I'm old enough.) I have never smoked.
My friends and I have an oath: If any of us ever does any of that s**t, the others beat sense into them. I say the same thing about druggies. If someone is caught with drugs, POUND them. Really. Let them feel pain. Make it so they have to eat through a straw. Maybe then they'll be smart.
Also, I suggest anyone caught on drugs be locked up for a month with minimal foods so they can go through withdrawl.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:36 am
squicks
All drugs should be legal. It's not a question of how bad they are for you, it's a question of personal choice. Do people have the right to decide what drugs they take? It's hippocritical to make some drugs legal and others not.

The argument I hear most often is that if it was legal children could get it easier. How could that be the case? At least if you go to a liquor store they ask for your id. Drug dealers don't care who they sell to. They have no pressure to check ids. If you make something that shouldn't be illegal a crime, you still create real criminals.

The other argument of course, is that everyone will be doing drugs if they were legal... That's just ridiculous. If all drugs were legal, the people not doing them would continue not doing them for the same reason they didn't before. The people who do drugs would just keep doing them. In other words, the only change would be that the jails are less crowded and we suddenly have much better police coverage. What's so bad about that?

But some of these can impair judgement; for instance what if someone who is high should hit and kill a child with a car?  

Trivia_Master

EJ_Nova

Tactical Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:32 pm
Trivia_Master

But some of these can impair judgement; for instance what if someone who is high should hit and kill a child with a car?

Alcohol kills far more people per year that way than any illicit drug. You shouldn't drive under the influence of any narcotic. Be it alcohol, marijuana or just diphenhydramine (benedryl). Obviously that has to do with the responsibility of the individual, like it is with alcohol.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:47 pm
Trivia_Master
I have never used drugs. I have never even had a beer (I'm old enough.) I have never smoked.
My friends and I have an oath: If any of us ever does any of that s**t, the others beat sense into them. I say the same thing about druggies. If someone is caught with drugs, POUND them. Really. Let them feel pain. Make it so they have to eat through a straw. Maybe then they'll be smart.
Also, I suggest anyone caught on drugs be locked up for a month with minimal foods so they can go through withdrawl.

That's a pretty asanine thing to say. O.o Do you think it's right to go around beating up people for making a simple choice that effects only them? What about Joe Shmoe who just lights up a joint after work? Who is he hurting? He has made up in his own mind that the risk he is taking is worth whatever it is he gets out of it, why is it your problem? Are you going to start tracking down people who go skydiving? How about motorcyclists? What about everyone driving on the road right now? Don't you know how dangerous it is to go out in your car? Withdrawal can be incredibly severe and even deadly with some drugs. Do you think just cutting off a crack addict cold turkey and locking him in a room while he seizures to death is funny? I think you should be locked in a room and starved... Maybe then you'll wise up. evil  

EJ_Nova

Tactical Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:12 pm
squicks
That's a pretty asanine thing to say. O.o Do you think it's right to go around beating up people for making a simple choice that effects only them? What about Joe Shmoe who just lights up a joint after work? Who is he hurting? He has made up in his own mind that the risk he is taking is worth whatever it is he gets out of it, why is it your problem? Are you going to start tracking down people who go skydiving? How about motorcyclists? What about everyone driving on the road right now? Don't you know how dangerous it is to go out in your car? Withdrawal can be incredibly severe and even deadly with some drugs. Do you think just cutting off a crack addict cold turkey and locking him in a room while he seizures to death is funny? I think you should be locked in a room and starved... Maybe then you'll wise up. evil

I completely agree with you. That is not the way to solve problems. Beating up your friends for having a beer, or doing a little pot is not a wise decision. Though, I would say you were being a bad friend if he/she was completely ruining everything they had in them and you didn't at least try to help them a little bit.  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff