AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:17 pm
Suggestions and Ideas

Have a suggestion for the thread? Feel free to post ideas here. ^_^ Or you can pm me.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:46 am
How about a constellation thread, where people talk about their favorite constellations, or talk about the myths that were made up about them, like the story of orion, my personal favorite.

BTW: You may see me in here alot, science is one of my hobbies, just don't go teaching people how to make explosives from oven cleaner lol  

LordWade

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:21 am
LordWade
How about a constellation thread, where people talk about their favorite constellations, or talk about the myths that were made up about them, like the story of orion, my personal favorite.

BTW: You may see me in here alot, science is one of my hobbies, just don't go teaching people how to make explosives from oven cleaner lol

hum... sounds cool. ^_^ I think I'll make a thread like that. thanks for the idea.
I look forward to seeing you around. ^_^ lol and don't worry, I'm not going to teach people how to make explosives. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:27 pm
Hey, I just posted this in my forum, but I thought of you, and I figured I should show you this as well. You can make your own topic on this in your forum, but I thought you should read this, since it affects your... interests as well. smile

Save Our Science Thread

Mrs_Moonshine

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:01 pm
Mrs_Moonshine
Hey, I just posted this in my forum, but I thought of you, and I figured I should show you this as well. You can make your own topic on this in your forum, but I thought you should read this, since it affects your... interests as well. smile

Save Our Science Thread

Thanks for the link. I've heard about this already. I talked about it in the space exploration course I took last term. I'm very upset with it. The Bush adminisration seems all hung up on the idea of people going to Mars, which really isn't all that useful/practical. These science missions would be so helpful and everything. arg... it just makes me so mad. stare  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:15 am
*Very interessed* stare But you forgot the mother of all sciences: math. Also in astronomy there is used a lot of math, so I think it earns his place here.  

The_Bartner

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:49 pm
The_Bartner
*Very interessed* stare But you forgot the mother of all sciences: math. Also in astronomy there is used a lot of math, so I think it earns his place here.

ah. yes. You are indeed correct. 3nodding Science in general would be nowhere if it wasn't for math.

humm... now to think of a way to honour math somehow...  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:27 pm
AstronomyGirl
The_Bartner

ah. yes. You are indeed correct. 3nodding Science in general would be nowhere if it wasn't for math.

humm... now to think of a way to honour math somehow...

I'll think and post later, I have Monday my first exam, studying ... indeed ... math at university (2nd year)  

The_Bartner

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:22 am
The_Bartner
I'll think and post later, I have Monday my first exam, studying ... indeed ... math at university (2nd year)

ooo! good luck on that exam!
... You're in second year university too?!? So am I! ^_^ Just finished my second year (undergrad) in Astrophysics. 3nodding Yea, so I know what you mean about math exams in university. xp I had calculus this year.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:29 pm
AstronomyGirl
The_Bartner

ooo! good luck on that exam!
... You're in second year university too?!? So am I! ^_^ Just finished my second year (undergrad) in Astrophysics. 3nodding Yea, so I know what you mean about math exams in university. xp I had calculus this year.

Cool! Well, I'm already three years at university, but only in my second year. sweatdrop I hope I don't have to do this year twice too...  

The_Bartner

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:42 pm
The_Bartner

Cool! Well, I'm already three years at university, but only in my second year. sweatdrop I hope I don't have to do this year twice too...

aww, yea that would suck. So what major/program are you in? I'm guessing it's either Math or something with alot of math in it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:58 pm
Just math:
25% analysis
25% arithmetics
20% algebra
20% numerical method & theory of chanches & statistics
10% informatics  

The_Bartner

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:51 am
The_Bartner
Just math:
25% analysis
25% arithmetics
20% algebra
20% numerical method & theory of chanches & statistics
10% informatics

lol cool. sounds fun. blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:45 am
Exams not going well crying
One failed, one passed, two very unsure, the most difficult yet to come...  

The_Bartner

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:38 pm
The_Bartner
Exams not going well crying
One failed, one passed, two very unsure, the most difficult yet to come...

ick. :S that's not good. Hope your next one goes better then the others.  
72: Science & Astronomy Hangout

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff