A Lucky Litter of Ela Babies - OVER Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:42 pm
A Lucky Litter of Ela Babies

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My Ela couple have gotten around to having cubs, and I’m so excited to give them out! In here you’ll find a personality contest, naming contest, lizard raffle and newbie raffle. If you have any questions please feel free to ping me either through Gaia PM or on discord.

| Lady Kiya | is the colorist of this litter!

Starts: Now!
Ends: 5 PM PST on March 15, 2021

Rules:
    1. Everyone is welcome to enter (including staff)! The only one really limited is the Ela-newbie raffle girl.
    2. You’re welcome to enter all/as many contests as you’d like, but you will only be able to win one (1) cub! I’ll be judging the contests first and then rolling for the raffles. (Likely in the order they’re posted in below) If you win a cub, I’ll be taking you out of any subsequent lists.
    3. These are Ela'wadiyi cubs, which means that their first name is more likely to be Native American! (though I'm willing to consider whatever you think fits for the cub/family) Please read up on the pride before entering.
    4. Their family name, Zhong, needs to be in the cub’s name. While I won't disqualify you if you don't put it in your entry, keep in mind that I WILL be adding it when I go to cert them. I recommend adding it to your entry so you can see how it looks and sounds.
    5. The newbie raffle is for Ela'wadiyi line art newbies. If you have no characters on the pride-exclusive Ela'wadiyi lines, you qualify for the raffle.
    6. Role play is not required, though I’m happy to offer some if you’d like!
    7. All SoA / Gaia rules apply.
    8. You can edit your entries up until the closing time. At that point, you can no longer edit them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:42 pm
About the Family

This family is part of the Shadow Clan within the Ela’wadiyi. Please be sure to read up on the Ela pride before entering!

I’ve applied for their family name to be Zhong. As such, all of these cubs must be named "[insert first name] Zhong". (That said, I’m still waiting for surname approval, so if this has to change, I’ll let you know!) In case you’re curious, Zhong is a Chinese surname for "middle" or "loyalty, devotion", but it can also mean "bell", which is the meaning I use for Xing! Her name means "lucky bell".

As you’ll notice after reading about the parents, luck is kind of a thing with this couple, with both of them having a tendency towards bad luck. While their luck has certainly changed for the better, they do still occasionally run into it. The cubs don’t have to have that in any way though! You’re free to plot your cub however you’d like. This is just a fun fact that the cubs are sure to have noticed about their parents.

The mom, dad and the litter’s fifth sibling are all owned by me. heart

Qíguài (the father)
    Qi is a former rogue who joined the Ela more recently than Xing. He is a good-natured fellow, if a bit cheesy about things, and will be a kind, devoted father to the cubs. As the son of the god of the Cursed, he’s used to coming across bad luck, be it towards him or others, and, in general, simply smiles his way through it. After all, the misfortune will pass with time.

He can become easily lost though, and occasionally needs someone to help him find his way home after wandering too far from the pride. (More often then not, that ends up being Xing's familiar, Yu) It will be well known among his cubs that this happens.

Xing and Yu are the only ones that know of his father’s god status, and like Xing, he will keep that on the down-low. This means that the cubs will only know of their grandfather as a regular, faceless rogue lion.

Xìngyùn Zhōng (the mother)
    Xing was also a former rogue who joined the Ela quite a while ago in the hopes of finding somewhere safe to settle down. While a rogue, she was a nervous wreck most of the time, constantly on edge and timid of others she came across. She was also notorious for having terribly bad luck, something she attributes to being the daughter of a goddess (though in reality, she really is just that unlucky).

Time within the Ela has eased her nerves though, and with her marriage to Qi, she is a much happier lioness than she used to be. Now, she’s more of a quiet, gentle soul and that’s likely to reflect on her cubs. That said, she still has her moments of panic.

She has a bird familiar as well, Yu, who will be an ever vigilant presence to the cubs. He’s a snarky guy but caring and dutiful... when he needs to be.

Xing does have one previous litter, two girls who I believe are now just wandering rogues. While she might mention the cubs' half siblings from time to time, she wasn’t terribly attached to them and has no idea what became of them after they were old enough to leave. As for her mother... Qi and Yu are the only ones who know of her goddess status, and like Qi, she has chosen not to spread it around. So if the cubs ask, she will refer to her mother as a regular rogue lioness.

Koko Zhong (the fifth sibling in the litter)
    TBD

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:43 pm
Who Am I?

This cub is curious what he’ll be like. For this contest, you’ll need to come up with a personality for our little black-furred boy! Fill out the form below to enter. At the end time, I will be judging the entries and picking the one I like the most.

[b][color=purple]I know who he is![/color][/b]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cub’s Name:[/b] (don’t forget to include their family name!)
[b]Personality:[/b] (This is required! It can be as long or short as you’d like, but keep in mind that I’ll be judging this part)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:44 pm
My Name Is....

This girl just wants to know her name, and it better be a good one! This will be a naming contest. Simply fill out the form below to enter for her. At the end time, I will be looking over each entry and picking the one I like the most.

[b][color=blue]Oh, what a beautiful name![/color][/b]

[b]Personality:[/b] (optional; this can be as long or short as you’d like and is not required to enter the contest. I’m just curious what you think her personality is!)

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:46 pm
Show Me A Lizard!

This boy wants to see some lizards! To try to get him to come home with you, you’ll need to show him a picture of a lizard. Fill out the form below to enter. At the end time, he will be raffled off between everyone who entered for him.

[b][color=green]Here’s a lizard![/color][/b]

[b]Personality:[/b] (optional; this can be as long or short as you’d like and is not required to enter the raffle. I’m just curious what you think his personality is!)
[b]Lizard:[/b]
[spoiler][img]URL GOES HERE[/img][/spoiler]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:47 pm
I Want Someone New!

This girl is only available to Ela'wadiyi line art newbies! To qualify, you cannot have any characters on the pride-exclusive Ela lines. Fill out the form below to enter for her. At the end time, I will be raffling her off between those entered!

[b][color=olive]I’m an Ela newbie![/color][/b]

[b]Personality:[/b] (optional; this can be as long or short as you’d like and is not required to enter the raffle. I’m just curious what you think her personality is!)

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:47 pm
Entrants

Personality Contest Boy
    - AstoriaFallen
    - Hoshi Lockhart
    - Straye
    -

Naming Contest Girl
    - Bronze Coffee
    - Straye
    - Hoshi Lockhart
    - Avid_RPer18
    - RuIerr
    -

Lizard Raffle Boy
    1. ChexaRain
    2. I Lady Kiya I
    3. SilverLutz
    4. Kivras
    5. Hoshi Lockhart
    6. Nikkichomp
    7. Straye
    8. Avid_RPer18
    9. Bronze Coffee
    10. In Good Faith
    11. RuIerr

Newbie Raffle Girl
    1. Nikkichomp
    2. Straye
    3. Avid_RPer18
    4. Hoshi Lockhart
    5. Rikalani
    6. RuIerr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:12 pm
Aaaaand, this is officially open for posting! heart  

MangoMeow

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:27 pm
Here’s a lizard!

Username: ChexaRain
Cub’s Name: Qing Zhong ["green bell", also could count as a mashup of parents' names!]
Personality: The epitome of 'don't push your luck', he's quite the stick in the mud and a buzzkill for exploring.
Lizard:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:58 pm
I know who he is!

Username: AstoriaFallen
Cub’s Name: Gvnigeyona Zhong (First name means Black bear)
Personality:
Gvnigeyona is a bear of a cub (no pun intended). He's playful, lovable and yet he is also strong and stubborn. Has a very headstrong personality at times, at least when it comes to things he feels passionate about. While he can be a bit gruff at times he really is a sweetheart; typically to those he cares for or loves. Can be a bit overprotective of his sisters while when it comes to his brother he can be a bit pushy, wanting to encourage him to strive to be better, be more. He does apply the same attitude towards his sister but in a more gentle approach. That doesn't mean he thinks they're fragile, he just cares about his sisters and doesn't want to push too much of his personality on them at once.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:22 pm
Here’s a lizard!

Username: I Lady Kiya I
Cub’s Name: Kanuna Zhong (means Bullfrog)
Personality: One with Nature, he spends most of his time exploring the Ela pride lands (Under watch of the pride, of course) He likes to catch lizards, frogs and other small critters, but he doesn't hurt them.
Lizard:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:35 am
Here’s a lizard!

Username: SilverLutz
Cub’s Name: Kubwa Zhong (great bell)
Personality: Named for his size and strength (for an Ela) as a cub, Kubwa is a curious guy that likes to stick his nose where it doesn’t belong. Unlike his parents good fortune seems to follow him wherever he goes.
Lizard:

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:13 am
I know who he is!

Username: Hoshi Lockhart
Cub’s Name: Naiche Zhong
Personality: Naiche's name means "mischief maker" and it is accurately given. Using his dark fur to his advantage, Naiche enjoys hiding in wait to pounce on any unsuspecting creature to come within reach. One day this is likely to get him in trouble, but for now, he's just oblivious and ignorant that not every target is going to react in a positive or neutral way when he jumps on them. He can be rough, easily causing scratches on his opponents if he gets too into the game.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:22 am
Here’s a lizard!

Username: Kivras
Cub’s Name: Shùzhì Zhong (After Shinisaurus crocodilurus, the Chinese crocodile lizard, and the biologist Sin Shu-szi, a member of a joint Chinese-German expedition that discovered the species)
Personality: People-oriented and fun-loving, he lives for the moment and loves new experiences. Likely to be the center of attention in social situations.
Lizard:

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:24 am
Here’s a lizard!

Username: Hoshi Lockhart
Cub’s Name: Hiawatha Zhong
Personality: Quiet. Prefers being on his own. But not shy or timid, just very introvert.
Lizard:

[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff