Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[IC Egg Betting] A Fiddle of Gold, Against Your Soul (OPEN) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:26 am
Eggs on the sands once again - while there were some who couldn't have cared less about them in their day to day, Alosha had been swept up in the fun fanfare of them every time. Partially because she had a runnerbeast (brother) in the race still - perhaps his last, but he seemed to be in good spirits about it all, so she was too!

There was still some time before the Western riders left to head back too, so she had made sure to have Phaedrath nudge any dragons of ferrying dragons to let them know that if their riders WERE interested, Alosha was going to be manning some bets. Again. She had done it for a few hatchings now, and really it was fun to just get the back and forth going.

(NOTE: IC time is fuzzy. Western candidates can be teleported forward to the sevenday-ish they'll be here before the hatching to make their bets if they want ;P)

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Quote:

Rules:
- ICly Alosha will be taking bets for the period of a few days.
-Pach cannot and will not make specific color based bets! (Example: 'I think the Bunny Egg is a Green') I will counter any bets of that variety with things I cannot possibly know as a staff member!
---> As an addendum, I *can* make bets about a character impressing x color because I have no place in making matches and cannot know!
-Pach is hosting this as a *player* not a *staff member*. This has caused problems in the past when understood in the opposite, so I am being clear now!
-BECAUSE OF UPSET IN THE PAST, I AM NOW LIMITING PEOPLE TO 2 IC BETS TO KEEP EVERYTHING FAIR. SORRY!
-I will make the terms of the bets as clear as possible to keep from anybody calling cheatsy-doodle later! This is just for the sake of my sanity!
-Make sure you make your bet clear in OOC ('N'pc is betting that The Bunny Egg will hatch as one of the last 5 eggs' 'H'elper is betting that Candidate Blurfus will impress a Blue!'). I'll nudge you if I need it in clearer terms, okay?
-Staff can make vague bets about things they can't know from behind the scenes! Things like 'I think The Bunny Egg will be a small dragon for their color!' 'I think The Bunny Egg will impress a girl!'
- When the first egg hatches, all bets are closed!
- There will be 2 participation prizes between all betting! One raffled to everybody who participated, and 1 raffled to everybody who participated but did not win!
- Because of previous complaints, I will be *randomizing* prizes from all available eggs for both IC and OOC betting. This means you don't get to pick which prize you get! Sorry!
- Because of Previous Complaints, people can only win 1 egg from both IC and OOC Betting!
-THE ABOVE is only negated by a raffle-prize that will be rolled from ALL participants! A second will be rolled from everybody who participated, but did not win.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:11 am
Haveli normally hadn't been the sort to make bets, or perhaps she had once in the past, but now she felt like doing it. The Turn had been quite an adventure, and thus she had nothing to lose.

Approaching the Alosha with intent, Haveli prepared to make her bets. "If I may? I'm betting we'll have a female brownrider this hatching, and that there, hmm." She paused, unsure to continue that way. "I'd like to wager that Dehka will Impress this clutch."

Was that the way to do it? It'd been a while.

demon_pachabel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:34 am
One of the main reasons Z'haq insisted on ferrying Western Candidates to High Reaches Touchings and Hatchings sure wasn't the weather -- he was positively freezing. No, it was betting on what would hatch from the eggs on the Sands. Once he figured out who was handling the bets this time, he sought Alosha out and went up to her, grinning hugely.

"I hear you're taking bets? Let's see... I'll wager that there will be three bronzes shelled from this clutch, and two whites." The Western Wingleader nodded at Alosha. "How's that sound?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:15 am
Alosha paused in her task - one of many she'd been set to while Phaedrath was still healing - to jot down Haveli's bets. "Female brownrider......Dehka...." she murmured to herself before piping up with her own: "Your female brownrider will impress a dragon who is smaller than average....and Dehka will impress in the second half of the hatching. Sound fair?"

(Alosha bets that if there is a female brownrider, they will impress a dragon smaller than the average size listed on the size chart. If multiples, this only counts for the first one

Alosha bets if Dehka impresses it will be one of the last half if the dragons to impress)

houllow

------

Alosha was honestly surprised Western could spare one of their Wingleaders to ferry candidates, though she would keep that to herself. She was, after all, just a greenrider. "Is that two bets?"

Tatterpixie

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:34 pm
Nadry didn't usually go in for the betting that took place around Hatching time, not when flit eggs were on the line, at least; she was more than satisfied with her two firelizards, after all, and didn't need a third. But given the parentage of this clutch, well...it just didn't seem right to pass it by. When she finally got a chance, she sought out Alosha to place her bets.

"I'd like to bet that one of my nieces, Oranie or Elibrie, will Impress a brown," was her first bet, to Menankith's great delight. "And separate from that, that more blues will Impress to girls than to boys." That one was in honor of Ichta.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:41 pm
"Yup, two bets," replied Z'haq. "Bet One, I wager that there will be three bronzes in this clutch, and Bet Two, I wager that there will be two whites in this clutch." He grinned at Alosha. "Make sense?"

demon_pachabel

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:02 pm
Jemi didn't usually bet, a lot of her money and Whren's tended to go back home to help out there. Whren hadn't bounced back from last hatching so she was seeking something to cheer him up. Even if it added on to his faire and hm, she wondered how many he could get away with having, he did have seven now.

"Bets right?" She said approaching Alosha. "So, um, more greens will impress girls then boys. And least one brown will impress a girl."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:19 am
Alosha greeted Nadry with a warm smile, wiping her hands clean to take a break in the task she'd been set to when the brownrider had approached. "You'd be surprised how many people are thinkin' of ladies on browns for this clutch - I'd dare say that could be your fault," there was no judgement, but a teasing wink. After all, Menankith being Elzebuth's brother and having picked a girl of his own had been the talk of that clutch.

"Okay, so..." she finally took out her notes, repeating Nadry's words as she jot down the woman's bets. "For your first bet, I'm going to say their brown will be the last of the browns to impress......and for the second bet, at least half of the girls who impress blue will be from Western."

((Alosha is betting that if Elibrie or Oranie impress brown, it is the last brown to impress.
Alosha is betting that at least half of the blues to impress girls will pick candidates from Western Weyr - standidates do not count!))

Meepfur

----

"Yep - You'd be surprised how many people pile that stuff into one so I just wanted to make sure." Hadn't the turn before had someone bet that a certain egg held a gold AND that said gold would impress a specific candidate?

"Okay, so....for the first I'm going to say that the majority of Anakumath's bronze children will pick High Reaches candidates - sorry, I do favor my home," Alosha smiled down into her notes as she took them, "and for the second, I will bet that if there are two whites, we'll have one boy and one girl."

((Alosha is betting that the majority of bronzes go to HR Candidates - if it is an even split she loses. (Standidates do not count)

Alosha is betting if there are two whites, there will be one female and one male. ))

Tatterpixie
was correcting wording in Meep's bet. Nothing changed.

----

"Goodness, you're the third to say a girl on a brown," Alosha couldn't help but wonder if that was between Anakumath having a brown brother who had chosen a girl as well as Elzebuth having the same. Did that factor into the odds at all?

"That first bet.....I'm going to say that we'll see a majority of HR girls impress the greens," Alosha hummed over the second one for a moment, "and that brown who picks a girl will pick a girl from Western." There, that was easy enough.

((Alosha is betting that the MAJORITY of girls who impress greens will be from HR (so more than 2/3rds)

Alosha is betting that IF a brown picks a girl, they're from Western Weyr - Standidates don't count towards being from Western! ))

Shaddaling
was correcting wording in Meep's bet. Nothing changed.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:24 am
"Really? Ehh, I know some clever and strong girls, just can see it." Jemi herself would like to ride a brown, though she could see other colors, maybe. "Sounds fair. I'll take your counter."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:21 pm
demon_pachabel
Alosha paused in her task - one of many she'd been set to while Phaedrath was still healing - to jot down Haveli's bets. "Female brownrider......Dehka...." she murmured to herself before piping up with her own: "Your female brownrider will impress a dragon who is smaller than average....and Dehka will impress in the second half of the hatching. Sound fair?"

(Alosha bets that if there is a female brownrider, they will impress a dragon smaller than the average size listed on the size chart. If multiples, this only counts for the first one

Alosha bets if Dehka impresses it will be one of the last half if the dragons to impress)

Haveli nodded, confirming her bet. If there wasn't much else to do (apart from place the marks), she would be on her way.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:20 am
It’s on her rest day that Tuelarua had caught up to Alosha with intent. She’d been deliberating it over between her and Palouseth; to bet, or not to bet. But why not -- if all she lost was some marks, no harm, right? Her betting had been not too bad last time, but it felt a touch different this time, since she’d be up in the stands.

She gave a small wave. “Hi Alosha -- you’re taking bets again, right? I’d like to place a couple, if that’s alright. First one -- Rahmsii will impress in the first half of the hatching.” Maybe she’d be able to give her friend-now-??? some luck. “And for my second bet -- at least two dragons will impress to people in the stands.” She pauses a moment, before nodding with certainty to herself. “Is that alright?”

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:05 am
Dehka wasn't the type to wager, but this.... this felt more like confirming a good feeling. The lanky Candidate greeted Alosha with a smile, looking a bit tentative. "Hi, I'm Dehka. Um, I heard you're the one in charge of bets for Anakumath's eggs... I'd like to make a wager, if that's alright!" He could already feel the nerves jittering through him at the thought of the clutch Hatching, but it was a good kind of excitement.

"I'd like to bet that my brother, Kah--er, Kahbrohm--will Impress. It doesn't matter what color, just--that he'll Impress this time around." Was that specific enough? He watched the dragonrider a touch anxiously, hoping he'd given her all the information she needed!

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:25 am
"Sounds good," Nadry agreed with a nod. Truth be told, she wouldn't be disappointed if she didn't win; even if she did, she was more than likely to give the prize away rather than hatch a third flit. She would, of course, love to see more female brown- and blueriders, especially if her nieces were among them, and that was really all the 'prize' she needed...but, given the clutch's sire, participating in betting seemed to her like an important part of the festivities, as it were.

demon_pachabel
Confirmed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:58 am
Alosha idly noted how wrinkled her notes were getting from being folded and unfolded time and time again as she noted down bets as she jotted down Tuelarua's. She took her time as she did, taking it so she could think up her own counter bets with an idle hum.

"Those sound fine. For your first, that dragon will come from one of the first 4 eggs to hatch. For the second..." Alosha hadn't pondered that one as hard, but.... "One will be a blue that picks a girl." There. That was.....super specific. Whoops.

((Alosha bets that if Rahmsii impresses, it is a dragon who hatches from one of the first 4 eggs to hatch.

Alosha bets that a blue dragon will pick a female standidate.))

Prism Shine

----

Alosha offered Dehka a smile at his bet. How thoughtful - there were quite a few people betting on others this go around and she rather liked that. "Well then. I bet that he impresses a dragon who is on the large size for it's color."

((Alosha bets that Kahbrohm will impress a dragon that falls between the average 'large' and the max size for it's color as expressed on the size chart on the front page of the thread. Image for reference to the 2 numbers I mean using blue for example lmao ))

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:27 am
Veltanna bets that the first egg to hatch will be a green.

Veltanna and Moirath were very excited for the babies. Not only was it a clutch it was Anakumath's clutch. So of course they were going to bet on the babies. Veltanna found Alosha early one day and approached her. After greeting her, Veltanna stated her bet. "I bet that the first egg that hatches, or we can tell what color the dragon is, will be a green."

Remdianori bets that the last dragon to impress will impress to a male.

It was approaching that time. The hatching time. Remdianori was staying at High Reaches now as they waited for the eggs to start cracking. He had to make his bet soon. He came up to Alosha at the dining hall. "I have a bet." He announced. "I bet that the last dragon to impress will impress to a male."

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces