Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:17 pm
User Image

Many things had changed since Rain Song first found her home with the Swiftfell pack. She was no longer alone, wandering the forest. She had a family among her packmate! Rain was still a fairly timid wolf, but she'd been able to open up a little more since gaining a pack. She had also found something else, that she never expected. Rain had found a gentle and caring mate, who seemed to bring her out of her little shy shell. But when Sparrow wasn't around, the khaki female tended to be a quiet observer. She greatly enjoyed her duties as a caretaker! Especially as of lately, there seemed to be more pups gracing the pack.

Rain Song loved caring for the pups! Their sweet innocence and rebellious natures. It was such an honor to help raise the packs young. Even when she had days of feeling inadequate for her mate. They had tried to have pups. But it never resulted in anything more than that. And lately, Rain had begun to feel depressed. She knew Sparrow loved her all the way to her core, but she wanted them to raise their own little family!

There had been a few (okay more than a few) nights that Rain had laid under a patch of stars, gently pleading with them to grant her wish. Or poured her dear little heart out to her wonderful familiar, Sweet Autumn Fire (or as she nicknamed him, Saffie).

But the stars had been listening. Or so Rain Song believed.

The most joyful of miracles had finally befallen her. She was going to be a mother!

"Saffie! Saffie! Saffie!" She called out, seeking her familiar. The cardinal colored crow gave a soft laugh, fluttering down from the canopy.

"My dear, what can I do for you? What has you in such a fit today?" He asked, eying his lady wolf. She looked healthy. Of course, he'd been one of the first creatures she'd told her exciting news too.

"Saffie. It's time! I want to share my news. Can you find Magpie?" The shewolf asked a little bashfully. Ah, finally! He'd been waiting for her to gain her courage to share the news.

"You are in luck. The lady Magpie is close. I shall be your faithful guide!" With that, the crow took to the skies, leading Rain Song to her chosen wolf friend/

As soon as she spotted the familiar shewolf, Rain was almost as excited as a pup herself. A very rare side to see of the shy caretaker. She couldn't even contain it all as she bounded up to Magpie, tail wagging furiously. "Magpie! I... I am having pups!"

Rulerr
I figure that Maggie can be the one to make the big announcement... cause Rain never will xD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:33 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magpie had just exited a conversation with (still nearby) Hidden Away when Rain Song bounded up to her, startling her a bit with her exuberance. It was unusual to see the typically reserved wolf so bursting with a need to connect with others. And when Maggie heard why, it took everything in her not to burst into happy tears at the announcement.

"Oh, Rain that's so wonderful!" Just having had pups of her own, she knew the joy of having little ones running around, at last. While she and Thrush had just a smidge of "trouble" (could it really be called that?) conceiving, it was nothing compared to what she surmised Rain Song and Sparrow had been going through. The two had been together much longer, and it was always evident by the glow in Rain's eyes when there were puppies in the pack how much she adored the youth. So it was about time she was with child herself.

Immediately, Maggie's eyes widened, looking back at Hidden Away who was stalking closer, having faintly heard the news. "Oh! We should have a party! We could gather all the wolves in the pack and celebrate. What do you think?!" She was evidently quite enthused by the idea, each sentence punctuated with a distinct exclamation point.

content warning: brief/slight mention of miscarriage

Hidden Away, having just ended a chat with her fellow caretaker Magpie, swiveled around quite soon after walking away, hearing a very excited Rain Song blurt out that she was having puppies. Hidden Away's ears perked up, eyes widening as Maggie congratulated her, then suggested a puppy shower. Oh, what a brilliant idea! This would really bring the pack together for something so wonderful and momentous and Rain and Sparrow finally becoming parents.

Deciding that it was now public enough that she didn't feel like she was trespassing, she turned around and walked over to the two she-wolves, their tails waggling with the purest excitement. "Rain Song, congratulations! I can't imagine how thrilled you must be." Hidden Away was smiling, big and wide, with her own tail waving back and forth, almost mechanically. She had no children of her own, but in a past life she was supposed to. She had been pregnant, but then... suddenly she wasn't. But now... well, her flirtation with Red Oak seemed to be blooming into something beautiful, but it was still a bit early for pup talk. Still, she was excited for Rain and Sparrow, just a bit envious and a lot sad in remembrance of her past.

She decided not to give her positive opinion on the puppy shower idea - if Rain didn't want the attention on her, she completely understood, and did not want to sway the she-wolf's mind one way or the other. This was a very personal matter, after all.

Kyrieko

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:45 am
OOC
Assume that Magpie, with the help of Hidden Away, made the rounds to invite everyone to a last minute gathering for that evening, around dusk, so that there would be time to gather gifts, food, etc. for the happy mother to be. Assume your wolf has received this invitation and we are now gathering in celebration!

When: Dusk (there will be a fire started to provide light and ~atmosphere~)
Where: the same clearing used for the Point Gathering.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:14 am
Fernwood | Protector | Speaking with Halcyon

Fernwood arrived with Halcyon, both having been relieved of patrol duty shortly before. It had made their way through the grapevine that there was to be a celebration, for Rain Song was—finally—a mother to be. Any time puppies were expected in the pack, it was cause for celebration but in this particular instance, it was known that Sparrow and Rain Song had been without success for longer than was normal for mates. Just look at her dad. She knew from Ghost that her father had had at least three litters, two of which were with her own mother. Gods knew how many children he has had in his lifetime in total, and she was fairly certain he was close to Sparrow's age.

Clearly Willow Bark had been doing something right. Wondering when she might be ready to be a mother, Fern simply asked Halcyon a question that had been nagging her mind. "Hey Hal. How do you make puppies?" The young wolf tilted her head and perked her ears to her pack mate. Fern was at least a year younger than Halcyon but the two had been pairing up for protector duties more and more frequently, and she was optimistic that she could call the alpha's daughter a friend. Not having a clue that the question she asked was a relatively intimate question, she'd asked it not with bashfulness but with open curiosity.

Halcyon | Protector | Speaking with Fernwood

Halcyon walked quietly next to Fernwood, wolf-watching those who were gathering in the clearing. It was still early, and she was unsurprised to find they were one of the firsts to arrive. Having never seen a celebration such a this, she wasn't quite sure what to expect. As it was, there was her mother, of course Rain Song, and Hidden Away. She knew both Rain and Hidden from her time as pup in the care of the caretakers, and her tail wagged slowly with appreciation for them. She was exceptionally happy for Rain, who was a sweet soul and deserved her heart's desires.

At the same time, Halcyon worried that she herself would struggle in the same way Rain had. She was on the surface of these anxieties when Fern interrupted her ruminations. "Hm? Oh, what?" Hal's eyes widened, looking at Fernwood and all her innocence. "Puppies? I, ah..." Halcyon was taken off guard, to say the least, but found that she struggled to answer the question for more than one reason. She wasn't entirely sure how you made puppies. She knew that it required a male and that they grew in your stomach, but that was the summation of her knowledge. She'd never witnessed birth and certainly didn't remember her own. "I... think you should ask your mother. She seems very knowledgeable on the subject." Halcyon looked straight ahead, hoping that this was a sufficient answer for now.

Word Counter
Halcyon: 239
Fernwood: 235

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:41 am
User Image
Rain Song | Caretaker | Mother-to-be | Hiding with Maggie & Hidden

Okay so, she had certainly not planned for this to happen. She'd just been so excited to share her news with fellow caretakers she considered friends! And yes, she was supremely excited beyond words. It just had never occurred to her how excited the rest of her pack would be. In fact, Rain couldn't really recall any time she'd had such a celebration thrown that was in her honor! Not at all. The closest thing to a "celebration" she could compare it to was when Sparrow gifted her her crow companion.

Said companion was perched just above the shewolves, pretending to not be part of the party... yet providing a bit of support of his shy lady.

"I... I didn't think... this many would be excited too... " Rain whispered to both Magpie and Hidden Away. "Are you sure this is okay? Thrust won't be upset?" Was she possibly trying to get out of this? Maybe. Crowds did still make her nervous. But... she did want to celebrate the good fortune that had befallen her and Sparrow.

"Thank you..." She shyly added, tail wagging at the two caretakers, more tail wagging in greeting to Fern and Halcyon.

Rulerr

(TWC: 640)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Magpie | Caretaker | With Rain Song & Hidden, greeting guests

It took a great deal of effort for Magpie to restrain herself from rolling her eyes at Rain Song's comment. She was so deliriously humble it was almost exhausting - she was such a sweet and beloved wolf, of course everyone would want to celebrate her and Sparrow's move into parenthood!

"I'm sure Thrush will be just as thrilled as the rest of us," she responded, beaming all the while. She really was blissful in this moment - so happy to get to honor her friend and her mate. Her ears flicked as she heard others approaching and turned to see her niece, Fernwood, and Thrush's daughter Halcyon making their way into the clearing.

"Oh, Fernwood! Halcyon! Welcome~ I'm assuming you heard the good news?" Magpie flashed another smile at the two and glanced over at Rain. She could swear that Rain was glowing - that mystical aura that pregnant wolves seemed to have. It looked beautiful on her.

Kyrieko

In Good Faith

Hidden Away | Caretaker | With Rain Song & Magpie

True to form, Hidden Away remained silent throughout the whole exchange. She was happy, but it was hard not to feel the tinge of sadness that reigned over her own experience in the matter. Even so, it was her friend's celebration, and she needed to perk up. Her tail wagged a bit as Fernwood and Halcyon made their way towards the trio of wolves, but she chose not to speak unless spoken to.

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:12 pm
Fernwood | Protector | Speaking with Halcyon

Magpie's enthusiasm was contagious and Fernwood beamed in return. "Yes! Congratulations Rain!" The young she-wolf embraced the caretaker by running her forehead against Rain's neck and shoulder. "I'm so very pleased for you!" Fern was flushed with pleasure, her excitement so readily apparent on her features.

"A celebration was a great idea Auntie." Fern had turned to Magpie before returning to Rain, somewhat embarrassed. "Hal and I didn't really have time to bring much, but we had a kill on the way here. It's only a small rabb—oh." With flattened ears, Fern stopped abruptly as she made a quick glance around to ensure none of the protected rabbits were in attendance yet. Satisfied, she smiled in pleasure again. "It's just a small rabbit but wanted to gift something!"

Kyrieko
User Image

Halcyon | Protector | Speaking with Fernwood

A much more subdued Hal nodded in agreement with Fern, a small smile on her maw. "Yes, congratulations Rain Song. We left the rabbit near the brush pile." In fact, a little remnants of blood were still visible on Halcyon's muzzle, though she'd taken the time to clean most of it off. As for the brush pile, someone had been thoughtful enough to throw together sticks and other bracken to be lit with fire later once the sun had set fully. She loved a good bonfire.

Nothing Hidden hadn't said much, she smiled and nodded to her before looking on to Magpie. "Is tonight going to be an all girls affair?" She was uncertain about her relationship with Maggie. She was her father's mate, and she thought the she-wolf was polite. And, of course, Hal had no real connection with her birth mother to hold a grudge against her father for settling down... but there was something that worried her. Perhaps it was the idea that Magpie was producing other children of Thrush... children that might cause him to set aside his children he had had before her? The thought sent a nagging pull in her chest which she did her best not to allow to surface on her expression. How successful she was, she really couldn't tell.

RuIerr

Word Counter
Fernwood: 364
Halcyon: 457

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:29 pm

Red Oak | Hunter | Open

About that time, Red Oak meandered into the clearing carrying another bundle of sticks and twigs in his maw. After casually tossing them on the growing pile, he took a moment to glance around to see who all had arrived in his absence. So far it was a rather small group, but of course the sun had only just begun to sink into the horizon. Deciding it was about time to be social, he padded his way over to group of females nearest the guest of honor, Rain Song, finding an opening next to the reddish-brown female named Hidden Away.

"Hello ladies." He grinned at each, his general good natured attitude making him a natural at socialization. It didn't take a brainiac—which he was far from—to notice at least two in his company were less social butterflies, those being Rain Song and Hidden Away. In fact Rain looked like she could crawl under Magpie and disappear at her first opportunity. In a effort to make her more comfortable, the male wagged his tail and smiled wider. "I hear congratulations are in order! Is Sparrow going to be joining us soon?" Red looked about them, thinking he would catch a glance of the proud papa any moment.

To be honest, it didn't bother him in the least that he may be the only male at the event. He could have fun anywhere, anytime; but perhaps the presence of her mate would allow Rain to come out of her shell some.

RuIerr

Kyrieko

Word Counter
Red Oak: 251

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:42 pm
User Image

"O-Oh, okay. I just don't want to upset him." True, but really, she had no excuse to not enjoy this gathering now. If the alpha excuse wasn't gonna work, she was doomed. So, she was going to try and have fun!

Tail wagging, Rain watched Fernwood and Halcyon approach, but wasn't fully prepared for the embrace from Fernwood. To her surprise, she actually rather liked the gesture. Rain whined her thanks and actually gave a smile, tongue lolling out a bit. "Thank you! It really means a lot that so many of you are just as happy as I am." She directed this at both the younger females.

Oh! A rabbit. That was sweet of them. Rain said as much. "That is very sweet of you both. Thank you Fern. Halcyon."

Okay. Okay she could totally do this party thing. She didn't feel quite so shy, growing a little more excited with each new face. Which meant she eased a little more out of the shadow of Magpie and Hidden. Just in time for Red Oak to saunter up and give his congratulations.

"Thank you!" She paused, head tilting a little to the side. "I... I am not sure?" There may have been a flush to her skin if one could see it through her fur. "I hope he makes it. He should enjoy this too!"

RuIerr

In Good Faith

Pandora Talie
Rain thinks Sparrow should join ;D

(WC: 226 | TWC: 866)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:25 am
Hawkflight | Protector | Speaking to Rain Song

Hawkflight didn’t really know what to bring to a puppy shower. The poor girl had never heard of one, let alone attended such a thing. Sometime earlier, Redtail told her that puppies rained from the sky and expectant parents need to race to fetch them, and she actually believed that until recently.

With her eyebrows angled, she looked at her companion in shock, “What?!” The rabbit rolled over on her back and laughed until she cried. Maybe Hawkflight was gullible after all.

Either way, she couldn’t think of anything to bring at all, so she settled on just bringing herself. It was a short jaunt to the clearing where the celebration was taking place. Good thing Redtail didn’t come to Hawkflight mused, casually examining the rabbit someone decided to bring to the gathering.

She bowed her maskless head to the mother to be. “Congratulations my dear,” Hawkflight said enthusiastically and quietly said, “I heard the news from Sparrow. He was full of concern about pack security.” Speaking of the father to be, Hawkflight noticed as Sparrow sheepishly padded towards the gathering. If she had to guess the poor fella had gained some weight himself. She lightly chuckled maybe a bit concerned.

Sparrow | Healer | Speaking to Rain Song - won't be staying long xD

A short time ago, when the news broke from his mates voice, the male didn’t know what to do with himself. So he just hit the ground, fainting.

Ever since he has been nervously eating far more than he usually would, from snacking on berries when out and about to eating whatever portion of kill he was allowed. And it was beginning to show.

But today, they were celebrating! Getting in close to his mate, Sparrow took the opportunity to affectionately nuzzle Rain Song. “How are you feeling?” He was quite taken up with making certain that she was safe and comfortable. Along with everything else his nerves were making him do.

Kyrieko

Pandora Talie

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:41 pm

Magpie | Caretaker | With Rain Song & Hidden, greeting guests

Halcyon and Fernwood were the next to arrive, and mentioned that they sweetly brought a small kill for the mother-to-be. How nice of them, to think to bring something for Rain. She was glad her niece and her mate's daughter (wow, that was a weird one) were friends; they seemed like they were good for one another. Maggie continued beaming, about to answer Hal when Red Oak sauntered up, smiling at each of the gathered ladies. "As you can see, word traveled to more than just the she-wolves. How are you, Red Oak?" She asked after he offered up his own congratulations to the happy wolf next to her. Then, she glanced over at Hidden, who was still very much shrunk away. However, in the few moments since Red Oak had appeared, she'd ventured further a bit more - her ears were even perked and forward, indicating interest.

Hawkflight approached, speaking to Rain excitedly, then lowering her voice and ducking closer, saying something Magpie couldn't and didn't care to hear. Quite soon after, Sparrow made his way over, his face a mix of emotions she couldn't make out. He happily nuzzled his mate, checking in on her, because of course he was. He was just so sweet.

"Sparrow, I think congratulations are in order for you, too. I hope you realize just how excited we all are for the two of you." Tail wagging, she let her face relax a bit, as it was starting to get sore from smiling.

In Good Faith

Pandora Talie

Hidden Away | Caretaker | Talking to Red Oak

When Red Oak walked up, all bets were off. Hidden, squirreled away as usual despite her public-facing placement (right next to Rain, and of course, Maggie), she stretched her way forward, ever so slightly, and continued to incrementally move forward as he smiled at her and then turned to speak to Rain, congratulating her on her long-overdue pregnancy. When Sparrow walked up, it kind of interrupted things - not in a bad way! - in the way that other conversations tapered off. Hidden Away saw that as her chance. She leaned forward some more and quietly spoke: "Red Oak, it's so... nice to see you. I feel like I don't, ah, see you around often? Not as much as I'd like to, anyway." Her tail wagged a bit at the small bit of flirtation, a relic of her old self, before... everything. But she was a different wolf now. Entirely new. And just as she was born anew, she was just now beginning to ease her way out of the shell she had encased herself in.

In Good Faith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:25 am
User Image

Mourning Dove knew about puppies. Knew about where they came from and how sometimes, problems could arise. While never being a mother herself, she spent a good amount of time around the Caretakers of the pack, or rather one Caretaker in particular. Hidden Away was of a similar demeanor to Dove and just being around the kind she-wolf put Dove at ease. She'd always hoped it was a mutual feeling, but she hadn't felt comfortable in asking something so personal.

When she'd heard about the puppy shower, she'd already come back from her hunting that day, but she scrambled out into the forest to see if she could come up with something plausible that could be construed as a gift. She thought of the things that amused the pups she'd seen Hidden Away take care of and kept that in mind as she rummaged around the forest floor for appropriate gifts.

When she finally joined the celebration, she felt clumsy like a late arrival. Maybe her gift wouldn't be good enough? She was a hunter, she should've brought prey to offer the new parents, not... a fancy stick.

She caught sight of Hidden Away at the party, which allowed her a sigh of relief. She was speaking with Red Oak, a fellow Hunter.
I shouldn't bother Hidden Away until she's finished speaking. I should hate to interrupt. She thought. She'd wanted a second opinion on her gift before she gave it to Rain Song, but... it seemed like she was fated to approach the new mother first. Gathering her gift in her jaws, she approached the couple, her tail wagging nervously as she presented it to them, laying it at their paws.

"Congratulations, Rain, Sparrow." She said to the both of them. "I wasn't able to hunt the two of you any prey, given the, erm, late notice, but I was able to make this, sort of." She rolled pointed a paw at the stick. "I've spent a bit of time around pups, actually and I've found they love tearing funny things apart when they teeth. I figured you might appreciate it if your pups were to chew on something besides your tails, heh..." She trailed off, her confidence being replaced by anxiety. "So um, as you can see there's moss all over the branch and with the help of some mud at one end, I stuck a feather I found to the end. Since the feather and moss are s-soft, once they tear them off and chew on the bark underneath, the softer bits can be used for bedding... or soft toys for them to bat around... or something." She sat down, feeling uncertain. She should've brought prey. This was too unusual a gift. "I.. um... can go out hunting tomorrow, too, if you would rather have something to eat instead." She offered quietly. She glanced at Magpie who was standing near. Had she made a fool of herself in front of everyone here?

Kyrieko

Pandora Talie

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:13 pm
User Image

Rain felt something inside her ease, like it had been wound too tight, at the sudden sight of her mate. She wagged her tail, returning his nuzzle. She was so happy he was able to stop by! "I am... alright. A little overwhelmed, but everyone is so nice and wants to share in our joy." She rubbed her head along him before turning her attention to another wolf coming to congratulate them.

"T-Thank you!" She said to Hawkflight, dipping her head and then giving a small laugh. "That does sound like Sparrow." She gently teased her mate.

And then, sweet Mourning Dove appeared. "Thank you, Mourning Dove." She began and then felt as if her cheeks were growing warm at the sweet gesture of the shewolf. There was so much thought put in to the gift she offered and Rain truly appreciated it. "Oh gracious, no! You don't need to hunt for us! This is such a wonderful gift. You put all that thought in to it." The khaki wolf stepped forward, tail wagging, and gently nuzzled the other shewolf. "This is the most perfect gift. We thank you so much for it."

RuIerr

In Good Faith

Pandora Talie

belloblossom

(WC: 193 | TWC: 1059)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:31 pm
Fernwood | Protector | By Halcyon and Bonfire/Available

Halcyon | Protector | By Fernwood and Bonfire/Available

Not wanting to monopolize the sweet mother to be, and at the appearance of her mate, Halcyon and Fernwood stepped back with happy smiles to allow others to congratulate Rain Song. Moving towards the firewood, expecting a bonfire before long, the she-wolves found spots which they could settle into and enjoy the company of the pack.

OOC
Feel free to approach for conversation!

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:50 pm

Red Oak | Hunter | Speaking with Rain Song, Magpie, & Hidden Away

Red smiled politely at Magpie, and dipped his head in return. "I'm doing just fine, thank you. The game is increasing now that it's warming up. A great time to be expecting little ones." He turned his head to Rain Song and the newly arrived Sparrow, and winked.

About that time, Red was thoroughly distracted by a gentle voice that tugged at his ear. Looking to his right, he caught sight of the gorgeous red wolf he'd had his eye on for some time now. At the sight of her, and especially at the tone of her voice, he could feel his tail slowly swing side to side and his smile spread just that much wider. "Oh, Hidey. It's—It's nice to see you again." He laughed a little breathlessly, almost embarrassed by her forwardness; it was causing a whirlwind of emotions he didn't anticipate, followed by his wondering if he even was reading her body language correctly...

Nope. He was. Or he was 99% sure he was, anyway.

"Ah, well, I," his voice lowered to a whisper to match hers, his head leaning closer in her direction, "— I hope we can rectify that. Join me?" He tilted his head in the direction of the tree like which could perhaps offer them some more privacy in conversation. It was closer to the fire, but far enough that the two protectors wouldn't easily over hear their conversation.

RuIerr

Word Counter
Red Oak: 487

[Pack] The Swiftfell (The Forest)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out