Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:46 am
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Shalaera was a fairly common sight to any who were interested in Firelizards. She'd come every few months - though she'd been notably scarce since the tightening up of things after High Reaches last hatching. There had been some speculation that perhaps her infamous betting would not make an appearance for the most recent clutch.

Perhaps someone important had wanted the Firelizard Breeder's advice on something and had loosened things up for her to come in for a day, because while she didn't have her normal grand set up, Shalaera could be seen walking some of the more accessible hallways, documents in hands and shoulders packed with more firelizards than should have been able to fit. Perhaps it would be a good time to approach her?

Quote:

Rules:
- ICly Shalaera is only available for bets for a day! Better sneak 'em in!
-Pach cannot and will not make specific color based bets! (Example: 'I think the Bunny Egg is a Green') I will counter any bets of that variety with things I cannot possibly know as a staff member!
-Pach is hosting this as a *player* not a *staff member*. This has caused problems in the past when understood in the opposite, so I am being clear now!
-BECAUSE OF UPSET IN THE PAST, I AM NOW LIMITING PEOPLE TO 2 IC BETS TO KEEP EVERYTHING FAIR. SORRY!
-If I am somehow up more winners than eggs, I will work something out with ya'll!
-I will make the terms of the bets as clear as possible to keep from anybody calling cheatsy-doodle later! This is just for the sake of my sanity!
-Make sure you make your bet clear in OOC ('N'pc is betting that The Bunny Egg will hatch as one of the last 5 eggs' 'H'elper is betting that Candidate Blurfus will impress a Blue!'). I'll nudge you if I need it in clearer terms, okay?
-Staff can make vague bets about things they can't know from behind the scenes! Things like 'I think The Bunny Egg will be a small dragon for their color!' 'I think The Bunny Egg will impress a girl!'
- When the first egg hatches, all bets are closed!
- Because of previous complaints, I will be *randomizing* prizes from all available eggs for both IC and OOC betting. This means you don't get to pick which prize you get! Sorry!
- Because of Previous Complaints, people can only win 1 egg from both IC and OOC Betting!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:38 am
T’tain bets that the first dragon to impress will be a blue.
T’tain bets that the last dragon to impress will be a green.

T’tain loved a good gamble. And the tradition of betting on the Hatching was always a good excuse to make one. He heard that the fire lizard breeder was back and decided to search her out. He had two bets. They were neat and bookended the Hatching nicely.

Once he had her attention, he got right now to business. “I would like to make two bets. I bet that the first dragon to impress will be a blue, and the last dragon to impress will be a green.”  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:29 pm
Vosin bets Killakeeth has hidden at least 5 more eggs

Vosin had finished eating breakfast and was strolling around the weyr to stretch her legs when she spotted a familiar sight. She grinned and made her way casually over to the other woman.

"How's it going? Glad to see you here. You will be able to make it for the hatching won't you?" Vos grinned. "I bet Killakeeth has hidden at least 5 more eggs somewhere. It'd be just like her."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:34 pm
Shalaera smiled at T'tain as he made his wager, idly nudging the red eyed blue on her shoulder who looked the man over with a gentle reminder to be nice. "Those are very good bets. Hmm...." she stroked her chin ponderously at the bets.

"Very well. I bet that the first dragon to hatch will be a Green. I also bet that the last dragon to hatch will be a Brown. Sounds good to you?" She smiled that mild smile she had, again nudging Mele's face back. Naughty thing.

Shalaera bets that the first dragon to hatch will be a Green.
Shalaera bets that the last dragon to hatch will be a Brown.

Faesinger

-----

Vosin was a familiar face - she'd made a bet with Killakeeth not so long ago it felt and Shalaera offered the goldrider a warm smile. "Congratulations on the healthy sized clutch. There will be lots of happy candidates to go with what I'm sure is a very proud mom."

"I do plan to make it, if they'll let me. I do wonder, though about hiding them. Her clutch is already extraordinary large at 37."

Magnadearel
This is a clarification response! Do you mean there will be 19 NPC eggs or 5 of the NPCs will hatch? They're very different bets. smile

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:14 pm
Vosin bets Killakeeth has hidden at least 5 more eggs

"Thank you. She is quite proud of herself. Teth is being a good father and feeding her far too much." The rider smiled fondly. Killakeeth loved to eat. She was going to hate it when Vos put her back on a diet after the eggs hatched.

"Excellent. We look forward to seeing you then. Mmmmm you think so? I also think it's in Killakeeth's nature to hold back a few surprises." The candidates were all atwitter about the clutch, as they should be. Their potential dragon could be growing inside one of those eggs.

Clarification: There will be at least 19 npc eggs. The clutch of 37 + at least 5 hidden eggs. So total clutch size being 42 or more.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:08 pm
Candidate Jaiyce bets that he will Impress a Bronze
Candidate Jaiyce bets that Killakeeth will have TWO golds

He'd had heard among the Candidates that there was a tradition of betting that tended to happen when a queen clutched- and well, having grown up in RiverCrest- it still sounded so weird to say that, he’d been there only a few sevendays ago, but well, he was needless to say familiar with betting.

Though the grand set up people talked about didn’t see to appear much to his vexation.

However, a few days later while he was wandering the halls he came across someone carrying a ridiculous number of Firelizards clinging to her. Could this be Shalaera?

“Greetings!” He stopped her by the simple means of pausing in front of her. “Are you Shalaera? because I’ve got a bet or two to make. I am Candidate Jaiyce, and I bet I will impress a Bronze from Killakeeth’s Clutch.” Then an idea struck him and before he thought what he was saying through he'd added an addition bet- That Killa was going to have TWO golds in her clutch!  

Milady Emerald

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:40 pm
Qiana bets Keleres will Impress a female dragon.
Qiana bets that more Western candidates will Impress than High Reaches.

Word had spread that Shalaera had come to Western. Qiana was on the lookout for opportunities to acquire a firelizard- Amairrith had been wanting a friend for a while now (no, she wouldn’t allow her white to say minion, no matter how desperately she wanted to be admired and adored all day long).

Finding her in the corridors, Qiana approached with a warm smile. “Hoi, Shalaera. I hear you’re taking bets for Killakeeth’s clutch?” Her smile became a grin of anticipation. “My white took a liking to a candidate a little while ago- Keleres. Mop of red curls, penchant for dresses?" Not that Shalaera was likely to know her. "I bet she’ll Impress a female dragon, if she does this clutch. And,” the wingsecond paused here, hands resting on her hips, “that more Western candidates will Impress than High Reaches candidates.” After the debacle between the two Weyrs, she wasn’t sure why Western had opened its doors to the other Weyr- especially given how snobby and parochial they were… well, still- Weyr-pride, and all that. Qiana couldn’t let down the team.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:59 am
Shalaera laughed. "Well, we'll see just how much of a surprise it is then! I look forward to it!" It was the only way she really got to enjoy hatchings after getting far too old for a dragon to ever look at her with interest ever again.

Shalaera makes no counter bet.
Magnadearel
So my caveat to this bet is that any extra eggs need to be revealed at the time of the Hatching. I can't be coming back after Graduation (if they add more eggs then like they did w Tea) to track a bet I'll likely have forgotten about.

"Nah, I'm just a perch for these guys," Shalaera answered teasingly as one of her greens drooped lazily off of her shoulder to be cradled like a baby. "Well, Candidate Jaiyce. A bronze sounds like a safe bet - I'm going to bet you impress a non-metallic boy, a blue perhaps," she countered. A Blue or a Brown was just as good of a dragon, but even at a non-traditional Weyr like Western the appeal of a Bronze was still strong, it seemed.

The second bet had her raising her eyebrows a bit. It had been rumored Faranth herself had been able to clutch multiple golds, but.... "I have to say, I'd like to see that happen if it can," she mused.

Shalaera counters that Jaiyce will impress a Blue.
Shalaera has no counter bet for 2 golds.
Milady Emerald

"Guilty as charged, Qiana. I'm lucky they let me in at such an opportune time to make such bets!" Shalaera mused, shifting her head as the firelizards across her shoulders argued with each other to move. Watching a small blue boot a bronze off was perhaps amusing. "I'm not sure I know her, but it will be an easy enough thing to confirm after the fact if we must," she mused. "I bet her female dragon will be amongst the last 7 to hatch," which did mean waiting, but she'd have to wait the entire time anyways. "I'm sure that one would be preferred for both of us, so..." Shalaera twisted a lock of hair idly, the movement drawing the attention of a brown flitter who batted at it.

"I bet we'll see a majority of metallics go to Western Candidates," no need for High Reachest kids to steal those, hmm?

Shalaera bets that Keleres' female dragon will be amongst the last 7 to hatch.
Shalaera bets that more than half of the metallics in Killakeeth's clutch will impress Western candidates.

Sweet Symmetry

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

sariraii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:16 am
Onyx bets that Nyrida will Impress a female dragon.
Onyx bets that there will be at least one stands Impression.

Onyx liked a good bet. She'd heard good things about this firelizard breeder, and was eager to try her luck. When she spotted the woman, she quickly approached, ready to gamble! She carefully mulled over her options as she weaved through the crowd to catch Shalaera, before waving to her. After a greeting and explaining her desire to bet for a flit egg, she glanced around. "She's not around, but there's this candidate, her name's Nyrida. Chilly and distant, very polite, but sweet and interesting once you get to know her. I'll bet she's Impressing a female dragon this time. She's got potential. And not just because she's my friend." Onyx wasn't sure that Nyrida considered them friends, but that didn't matter so much. "I also bet there will be one surprise Impression--or more! Someone who isn't a candidate will Impress."

((Note, lemme know if the second bet is too vague, I'm not sure how often stands Impressions happen, so I can change it if necessary.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:23 pm
Shalaera didn't mind the small...bursts of popularity she saw when she was about and she returned Onyx's wave with a gentle smile, Laena - a little green - contently ragdolling in her arms. "I can't say I know who that is, but it will be easy enough to confirm that when everything is said and done, hmm?" Shalaera mused. "I think your friend's lifemate will be found in the first 5 dragons to hatch," she countered.

"As for your second bet..." The last handful of clutches she'd been present to bet for had such odds - at least two at Western's last one, and even one or two at High Reaches most recent. Hmm. "I bet that the first - if there are more than one - impression from the stands will be to a young man, then."

Shalaera bets that Nyrida will impress a dragon that hatched from the first 6 eggs.
Shalaera bets that the stands impression - or first one if there are multiple - will be to a character that identifies male.

Sariraii
That bet is fine! There's been enough Stands impressions that it's a good bet! biggrin

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:11 pm
Vosin nodded and moved off to allow others to approach.

demon_pachabel
That's totally fine with me. I didn't think about adoptables afterwards. XD
Somehow I thought Shalaera was a rider. I failed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:00 pm
Betting was exactly the sort of thing to attract Jacquol's attention. The last weeks had felt like one big gather to her, despite the fact that their lessons had become more strict and the work was never ending. Eggs were on the sands, and she was sure that her own perfect dragon was there among them on the sands. So when the odds were set out, and a chance to win a firelizard egg arose, why wouldn't she take it?

All eager bluster and wide-grinning mischief, she'd slunk from whatever chore she was meant to do to find the woman who ran the betting, sidling up to her with a wink. "Betting's on, right? Well, I've got one—I bet I'll impress a green this batch; a feisty, perfect little spitfire no doubt, but I'll just bet on the green bit." She was dead-sure, after all. Why not bet on a sure thing?

Jacquol bets she will impress a green.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:27 pm
"Of course it is," Shalaera confirmed, always happy to see an eager candidate ready to throw down their bet. Her life had started after dragons, but she would never hold their eagerness against them. It was nice.

"Well, if she's yours she'll have to be perfect," Shalaera didn't know Jacquol personally, but dragons never settled as far as she knew. "I think your little lady will be middling in size. Not too big, not too small. Just right."

Shalaera is betting Jacquol's green will be between 22-24' (AKA 'Average' on the size chart)

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:33 pm
Astriana had been debating finding the flit breeder who liked making bets, when she heard she would be in the Weyr for the day. She wouldn't mind a new flit to take care of, so with some encouragement from Caelia and Abaven, she kept her eyes open for Shalaera. On her shoulders were perched her lead flit themselves and Liora was cradled in her arm, peeking at people nervously.

When she finally found Shalaera, she waited for her to finish with who she was currently talking to. She stroked Liora's green head gently, letting her know everything was going to be alright. Once the woman was done, she stepped forward, clearing her throat.

"I am glad I caught you before you had to leave again. I am Candidate Astriana and I would like to place a couple of bets. First of all, I believe there will be at least two whites that hatch from those eggs. Secondly, if I impress this clutch, I believe it will be a green or blue,"she explained. She doubted she would impress, but knowing her twin rode green, it seemed a safe bet to her.

Astriana bets that there will be at least two whites in the clutch.
Astriana bets she will impress either a green or blue dragon.

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas